Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you? (Sims 3 edition)

I have a similar thread in the Sims 4 section and it always seems to get a lot of comments so I wanted to make one here as well! This is a thread to discuss not major issues or major negatives but trivial things which annoy you. So as the title says, what are some trivial things in the game that bug you?

Comments

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2022
    One thing that annoyed me the other day is how mermaids get around Isla Paradiso - they don't autonomously use boats, even if they have one, and instead swim no matter how long the distance?? For example I sent my mermaid sim on this route:
    Screenshot-68.jpg
    He's SWIMMING.
    Screenshot-69.jpg

He left at 6 and got there five hours later, at 11. For reference I tried the same with a human sim, with only a cheap boat, he got there in an hour...

Teleporting everywhere is definitely the best way to deal with this world :D
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    So many of these annoying things pop up, but the first ones that come to mind are:

- that you can't throw a funeral party at a graveyard
    - that you can't throw a wedding party at a resort
    - that bands and singers are two completely different and separate things and can't collaborate with each other
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    If you leave your sims alone for 5 seconds and have a pool...they're in the pool. Gotta go to work? Nope, in the pool. Need to tend the garden? Too bad something messed you up and now you're going in the pool. Drives me up the wall so I just try not to have pools, anymore. :D
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    UCQ2Qku.jpg
    When your Sims be looking cute, so you hide headline effects and bring the camera down to take an eye-level screenshot of them being natural and in-the-moment somewhere out in public, then some barefoot nobody in a crayon green martial arts gi meanders into the middle of your shot and you're like, "Huh??? I've never put anyone remotely like that guy in my game." so you quickly change him into whatever his casual outfit is -- a tuxedo jacket, plaid shorts, and flip flops -- and that's when you notice he's wearing a top hat in every category because that's just his hair, so you open him in Stylist to change it only to see the same face as every EA-generated Sim who has ever existed -- that late '90s Ryan Phillippe / Reese Witherspoon / "God just picked the first preset in every category and clicked 'DONE'" default face -- so you edit him in CAS, randomize until he looks like anything at all has happened in his life, unpause your game, and now you've got this brand new Sim you didn't ask for dressed in all Diesel attire midway through scowling in an exaggerated fighting stance, and you're like, "JUST... just get out of the shot. JUSTGETOUTOFTHESHOT4526t345" *Ctrl+Shift+C resetsim Randy McDefaultface* which causes your Sims to reappear into a split second T-pose on the other side of the lot and decide of their own accord that this is just taking way too long and they want to sleep.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I agree with the merfolk and swimming.

My sims are in the pool all summer, but not so much in other seasons.

If your singer has a guitar in their inventory, they can play and sing, but that's it.

My annoyances include walking to the table outside to eat, instead of the dining room. Walking to the bathroom sink instead of the kitchen sink to wash the dishes. And getting a dirty room moodlet and you can't find the dirty object anywhere.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    SimSoonSimSoon Posts: 55 Member
    Bridgeport being so grey.
    That's the only TS3 expansion I've bought, Late Night, because I really wanted a city to live in. And... it's so grey... all the buildings, the lighting, I just hate it.
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    @KevinL5275
    When I've searched high and low for the cause of a dirty object, sometimes it turns out to be a broken TV! Now I check all of the appliances, electronics, and even the Sims' inventories!
    I have no idea how that food got in there!
  • Options
    This is one that's more about personal preference than the game really but I hate when I go to get a house and it's on a big lot, 40 x40 or bigger, and you think it will be perfect for a family/legacy home and get excited and think you (finally) found the perfect house annd thennnn ONE bedroom :D
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    StephSteb wrote: »
    If you leave your sims alone for 5 seconds and have a pool...they're in the pool. Gotta go to work? Nope, in the pool. Need to tend the garden? Too bad something messed you up and now you're going in the pool. Drives me up the wall so I just try not to have pools, anymore. :D

Agree. I delete pools for any house that I play. And hot tubs.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I absolutely hate the random visitors that come knocking at all hours.
    I hate how my sims get obsessed with rocking chairs and will literally spend all day rocking
    I hate how my sim will randomly go to bed even though he just got up and is not tired.
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    SimSpock wrote: »

Hottubs had a magnet on them for TS2, but I'm not finding that with TS3, though I do control them a lot, is anyone else finding this? I was worried that when my sims got a hottub that their guests would also head to it and skip them, they don't.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    SimSpock wrote: »

Hottubs had a magnet on them for TS2, but I'm not finding that with TS3, though I do control them a lot, is anyone else finding this? I was worried that when my sims got a hottub that their guests would also head to it and skip them, they don't.

Hot tubs aren't nearly as bad as pools. But some sims seem to develop a hot tub habit. It's more of a carried over annoyance for me from TS2, as you said.
  • Options
    Yeah, some of my sims like hot tubs but aren't drawn to it like they are pools. Every sim wants to go in the pool. Oh, or steam vegetables in the sauna thing :D
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I feel like some of the store items have their attraction ramped up as well, because sims cant seem to resist them even if it goes against their traits. Like, i have this technophobe sim who keeps using this one game i bought from the store and she keeps getting a negative moodlet because of it. I finally got rid of the thing but i noticed this phenomena with some other store items too, like that basketball machine thingy. I think maybe they raise the advertising value for the store stuff so that you feel you got your money's worth when you see your sims constantly using the stuff, and yes i find the resulting obsessiveness annoying.
  • Options
    Mareah wrote: »
    I feel like some of the store items have their attraction ramped up as well, because sims cant seem to resist them even if it goes against their traits. Like, i have this technophobe sim who keeps using this one game i bought from the store and she keeps getting a negative moodlet because of it. I finally got rid of the thing but i noticed this phenomena with some other store items too, like that basketball machine thingy. I think maybe they raise the advertising value for the store stuff so that you feel you got your money's worth when you see your sims constantly using the stuff, and yes i find the resulting obsessiveness annoying.

Yesss, they are obsessed with the basketball machine and hoop, too! As soon as I go to a lot that has either, some other sim is challenging them to play with it! That makes sense, I didn't think of it that way (and it's definitely unnecessary because ugh)! :)

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    The basketball hoop I can’t have because random townies keep wanting to play
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    I generally lock out all the townies by setting the gates to “family only” mind you, sometimes it mucks up and leaves out the dogs and cats from being able to get in. But at least it keeps the pesky townies from coming in and using your pool and basketball hoop.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    edited May 2023
    Having to deal with paparazzi standing outside of my front door all hours of the day, no matter the weather, waiting for the non-existent chance to be let in. If you have outside objects they'll occassionally leave to use those than come right back. My family has the wishing well so I'll sometimes see them tossing a coin and wishing for... whatever it is paparazzi wish for.

I actually had an instance of sending my Sim to bed after a night out and when I came to check on her, there was a random paparazzi standing at the foot of the bed taking a picture. :flushed:

I get it, they're paparazzi, they're supposed to be annoying and I can build a gated fence to keep them out, but when your sims live on a 64x64 lot a gated fence is pretty darn expensive.

The upside is that my vampire family has a steady supply of food to keep them sated. :tongue:
    Post edited by MantleJackal on
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    A lot of my complaints are really big ones. But taxi boats are not. They make fishing in the ocean a nightmare because it's better to take a taxi boat than to walk around one patch of unroutable terrain?
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    I’ve been using the Disasters and Blessings mod to specifically target paparazzi.
    CBT%2B%25282%2529.png
    CBT%2B%25284%2529.png
    Is that a reason why my paparazzi would be terrified? 🤣
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    meme009meme009 Posts: 46 Member
    edited September 2022
    Doing homework on the floor when there is a perfectly working desk or table, often going outside in all weather just to be near other sims

The forced camera zoom, for certain events especially when you are doing something else at the other end of the map

Even when directed, the sims will not move because it is too ‘hot’ but stand there continuously opening and closing their umbrellas but it’s not too hot to go outside to chat to a sim, do homework on the floor or interact with the pets

Autonomously preparing full meals all the time, instead of grabbing quick meals especially when time is of the essence For instance car pool is arriving in 1 minute but they will still opt for full meal preparation

Washing dishes in bathroom sink

A sim cannot just remarry their partner if the partner had been 'resurrected' You have to ask to 'just be friends' and then 'travel' to another world before the 'propose marriage' option appears
    Post edited by meme009 on
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    I absolutely HATE the "check out new object" after you redecorate. So that's why I modded it out. Same with the "toe tapping" when someone gets in your Sims way AND your sim sometimes falling on their butt because the dresser drawer was too hard to open. :unamused: Those things had me thinking, "Really EA??" when Sims 3 came out.

I also can't stand the endless honking from the carpool car...
    (That's why I have the "Disable Carpool" mod. :mrgreen: One of the best mods out there that I won't play without, but sometimes my Sims are poor so they have to carpool...)

I know there's another annoyance, totally on the tip of my tongue, but I can't remember it at the moment...

But the one thing that takes the entire trivial annoyance cake is:
    When you build this huge, beautiful, open kitchen, complete with large sink and a dishwasher... and your sim STILL takes their dirty plates to wash in the nearest bathroom! :confounded::angry: I may have eventually learned not to have bathrooms so close to the kitchen after that. :p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    When I started playing there were many things that annoyed me and I would hunt down tuning mods that eliminated (or modified) them. When I couldn't find a mod I would simply stop using offensive items. Although I have owned all the EPs for some time, I have yet to add them all. I always play a new test save when adding new EPs or Store content and when I identify anything that annoys, I use Nraas Retuner to eliminate (or lessen) annoyances.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    My biggest irritation is some of the routing. One of the biggest for me is on a university lot. My sim will walk to the door (about 5 sim feet away), they will then walk halfway around the backside of the building, only to turn around and walk back to the door they were only 5 feet ways from originally.