Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you? (Sims 3 edition)

Comments

• Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    Another thing that is frustrating is irregular item placements. What I mean by that is when I'm furnishing a home, sometimes the allowed item placement is absolutely wonky. I know I can use the moveobject cheat but I've had a house where even with the cheat I'll end up with furniture and appliances halfway outside the house, or a tile off from where I want it to be.

It was a custom house in a custom world, so I don't know if it was a result from how it was built, but I never had so much trouble decorating a kitchen before. Said house also had weird routing at times so maybe that contributed.
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    The fact that Midnight Hollow comes with amazing stuff and sims and world but it's so very dark you can't see anything. Even with a lighting mod, it's still way too dark. I always open that world up so excited to play it and then NOPE :#:(
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    When you end up losing all your cc because of some clumsy oaf who dropped my external HDD backup drive on our move from the other house in April. :(

...and now I gotta start ALL over again with some of the cc that I actually created myself too. Hopefully I can recover the drive from my laptop. But that might take some time. Probably easier to rebuild.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I prefer low will for my sims because half the time they do things that I don't want them doing.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    None of the clothes, except some, are maternity enabled and that really bothers me. The clothes they can wear are cute, but I'd rather have my sims in the clothes I put them in when I made them.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Simsalot99Simsalot99 Posts: 100 Member
    Not being able to play kicky bag indoors in the winter because the snow is too deep.

Needing to take that glorified station wagon called a limo everywhere when I have a car worth over 100k simoleons with a speed of 10 in my inventory.
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

@Simsalot99
    Have you tried setting the expensive car as their preferred vehicle?
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    "Oh, I'm sorry, you can't get out of the seat because someone left a plate on the floor beside the space where you have to get up and walk around even though there's open space on the other side of the chair...and ten feet of clear space on that side so essentially you're stuck until you starve?" ~facepalm~ "...ever heard of stepping over the plate? No? Well OK then..."
    34-Go-ahead-and-STARVE.jpg
    "GO AHEAD AND STARVE!!!!!!!!"
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Simsalot99Simsalot99 Posts: 100 Member
    @texansky
    Of course! :) I don't know if it is the same for every career, but I can't use anything but the limo. First there is no way to make a single vehicle, in the inventory or parking space, the preferred vehicle. Then I buy a second to see if setting a preferred vehicle works to get around the limo, but it doesn't. Even when using a preferred vehicle, from inventory or parking space, the limo is always used... for everything. It takes almost twice as long to get anywhere.

I LOVE that I can carry a bike, car, fire truck, or UFO in the backpack (what a backpack,) but I HATE that I can't buy the car and put it directly in the backpack - because carrying vehicles in a backpack does not defy the laws of nature once they are purchased and placed in a parking space, but carrying them in a backpack before they are placed in a parking space does. I usually end up on a small lot where I have to remove things to fit a parking space, or put it in the attic, where it is swiftly deleted once the vehicle is purchased and put in the backpack. Because it doesn't defy the laws of nature to materialize a vehicle in the attic, but it does to put it directly in the backpack.

@Nikkei_Simmer But once the Sim has died of starvation, and becomes a ghost, they can walk through the plate.
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Here are two trivial annoyances

1. Sims yawn at others during a party when they wear the wrong outfit.
    2. Children automatically go home when they hit curfew (used mostly to get rid off curfew)
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I do find it frustrating that not all clothes are maternity enabled but then I figure it's because by default pregnancy is only 3 days, if I remember correctly, therefore not worth spending time on. However, I am sure there are some who have modified their pregnancy length to be longer, so I understand the want for more options. In fact, I changed the pregnancy length in my game to mirror 9 months but in Sims time. I used to be opposed to using mods and that is not the case anymore, though a lot of trial and error.
    Screenshot-1061.jpg

Screenshot-81.jpg

Screenshot-1521.jpg

=======

-Sims can visit whenever they want but it's against the rules for your active household/Sim to do so.

-Sims who can call your active household/Sim at any time they want, but it's against the rules vice versa. I do not like this kind of gameplay which limits my options and is also a double standard.

-Sims can autonomously make a single serving of a dessert or any other dish that is only multiple servings, but it is not a player directed choice.

-Not being able to get in the bed from the front beside the left or right side. And not being able to use the bed with half a square like you can with the couch and an coffee table.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    ley65ley65 Posts: 19 Member
    > @GraceyManor said:
    > I absolutely hate the random visitors that come knocking at all hours.
    > I hate how my sims get obsessed with rocking chairs and will literally spend all day rocking
    > I hate how my sim will randomly go to bed even though he just got up and is not tired.

NO BUT ACTUALLY, the first two? my sim missed his carpool to work and was late all because he was waiting for 2 random sims who didn't even know the family to walk up the stairs of the porch. and the rocking chair... if my sims are sleepy, they B line it to the rocking chair
  • Options
    IrateCorvidIrateCorvid Posts: 9 New Member
    Zombies. Nuff said.
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited January 2023
    I hate that Sims actually need a lot of space just to play guitar. And I’m not talking about just the electric guitars with their amps. Sims need a lot of space around them to play even the base-game acoustic guitar.

Like, look, you’ve got a decently big house to start, and I even cleared out that spare bedroom you didn’t really need so you could go in there and practise guitar. But nooooo, you’ve got to go play it outside in the snow :unamused:

I assume this is to create space for other Sims who might like to come and watch? Which brings me to another annoyance. I do wish it wasn’t an autonomous action. Maybe only for certain traits, but overall I don’t want other Sims to stop what they’re doing just because some Sim pulled out their guitar to strum a few chords.
    Post edited by TinySpaceFox on
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    I hate that Sims actually need a lot of space just to play guitar. And I’m not talking about just the electric guitars with their amps. Sims need a lot of space around them to play even the base-game acoustic guitar.

Like, look, you’ve got a decently big house to start, and I even cleared out that spare bedroom you didn’t really need so you could go in there and practise guitar. But nooooo, you’ve got to go play it outside in the snow :unamused:

I assume this is to create space for other Sims who might like to come and watch? Which brings me to another annoyance. I do wish it wasn’t an autonomous action. Maybe only for certain traits, but overall I don’t want other Sims to stop what they’re doing just because some Sim pulled out their guitar to strum a few chords.

I have some good news for you. Guitar needs less space for playing
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2023
    I wish we had an option to save "house without household", I don't want these people :D (I know you can evict them but that takes longer)

sims-3-stuff.png
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    I wish we had an option to save "house without household", I don't want these people :D (I know you can evict them but that takes longer)

sims-3-stuff.png

YES, THIS!!! How is it not an option?!?!!! I will never understand :#
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    My biggest irritation is some of the routing. One of the biggest for me is on a university lot. My sim will walk to the door (about 5 sim feet away), they will then walk halfway around the backside of the building, only to turn around and walk back to the door they were only 5 feet ways from originally.

Definitely this one, too! I've had sims walk around entire buildings to go through a door 2 steps away :/
  • Options
    octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    Dogs and cats guarding their pet bowls and pet beds all day! It is unrealistic and I'd prefer them walking around and sniffing stuff, or tearing furniture all their waking day or playing with their toys instead of just sitting in one spot in front of their bed or bowl continuously. It gets so bad sometimes, that I have households where the pet doesn't get a pet bowl or pet bed and instead eats table scraps, drinks from the toilet and sleeps on the sim bed or couch instead. I would rather they be "piggy" and "adventurous" in traits rather than "aggressive" because they guard beds and bowls!
  • Options
    SimmingWithDanaeSimmingWithDanae Posts: 15 Member
    One small thing that kind of annoys me is the routing issues with pet interactions. If you're playing in a small, cramped house, this actually can become quite frustrating. If I have my sim interact with their pet, there seems to be a lot of side / back-stepping required in order for them to actually go through with it.
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Horses. I love playing with them, but the routing is a nightmare.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited February 2023
    SimSoon wrote: »
    Bridgeport being so grey.
    That's the only TS3 expansion I've bought, Late Night, because I really wanted a city to live in. And... it's so grey... all the buildings, the lighting, I just hate it.

Yes. Bridgeport is why I started building worlds. I'm a city girl, so I bought LN precisely because it was tailor made for me, only to find it drab, gloomy and depressing. I've never played more than an hour into this world. I appreciate the mood they were going for, but uh-uh.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited February 2023
    I went straight from Sims 1 to Sims 3, so all of my pet peeves were the things that were missing in TS3. For example.

1. The party balloons. I wish they had been like the ones in TS1, which would pop over time and have to be cleaned up.
    2. Not enough party, holiday and festive decor.
    3. That you have to work to make house parties interesting. House Party in TS1 was fun because parties always took a life of their own. You'd throw a party, sit back, watch the townies show up and watch the mayhem unfold. The parties in TS3 are more like stale cocktail parties where everyone just stands around looking at each other waiting for the other person to say something interesting.
    4. Not enough paintings and posters.
    5. That there were so few shows on the TV set. Shows repeated themselves in TS1 but there were enough clips to make TV interesting, but in TS3 it's just the one or two clips for each station.
    6. That there were only three worlds that came with World Adventures. It always felt like there should've been an extra world.
    7. No disco floor that lit up.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    Routing errors, routing errors, routing errors... when I within the first minute of gameplay hear more routing error complaints from sims than I bother to count, the sound of them gets a little grating... (possibly because of a stupidly placed juice keg in one of the university pre-built lots).

..the most annoying sound in the game...
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton