Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you? (Sims 3 edition)

13...Next

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I hate it when a dog or cat won't stop some action, such as running around, even though their needs are going into the red, or when they go to sleep when their hunger or bladder needs are lower than their energy, and don't wake up even when those needs are in the red.

When my sims travel to a vacation world or university, or if I move them to another world, their boats or windsurfing boards will disappear during the transition, even if I put them in their personal or household inventory. I just had to buy my current sims a new $22,000 boat, because one of them went to France.

I especially hate it when a paparazzo comes right up onto my sims' houseboat. I wish my sims could push them overboard.
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,049 Member
    edited February 2023
    My teenage female sim has an imaginary friend and managed to get into a fight with it (apparently because it has the mean-spirited trait). Her dad immediately stops what he's doing and rushes over and tells her she's grounded. Then the next morning when it's time for school she gets in trouble again for sneaking out in order to catch the bus. The logic with the discipline system in this game is pretty messed up.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Kendrana wrote: »
    My teenage female sim has an imaginary friend and managed to get into a fight with it (apparently because it has the mean-spirited trait). Her dad immediately stops what he's doing and rushes over and tells her she's grounded. Then the next morning when it's time for school she gets in trouble again for sneaking out in order to catch the bus. The logic with the discipline system in this game is pretty messed up.

I get what they were trying to do with this (to get players to figure out that they're supposed to make the teen do chores), but yes, they messed this aspect of gameplay up.

EiFlric.png
  • Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    edited February 2023
    I have a few :lol:

1. The imaginary friends. They are cute when your sims are toddlers and kids, but as teens, they become annoying.
    2. When your teen gets grounded and they can't even go on the bus!
    3. That everybody at the party, yawns when you wear the wrong outfit. :angry:
    4. Babysitters... they do nothing half the time and they charge so much!
    5. Sims leave the tv on all night without turning it off.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Use this mod to adjust the scolding system so you are more in control and its less annoying:

https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=533906

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Use this mod to adjust the scolding system so you are more in control and its less annoying:

https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=533906

I love that mod. Without it, the scolding system would have driven me insane years ago.
    (The scolding system definitly does not count as "trivial annoyance" for me, that would be a "major annoyance" :D )
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    For those who don't use mods, all you have to do is just have the parent tell the child to let off the hook if they have school the next day. Otherwise, you can just have the child do chores until the parent autonomously let off hook or you can manually do it yourself depending on your autonomy setting.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 371 Member
    edited June 2023
    A bit of a pet peeve of mine is the lack of jewelry options for male sims. The only options you have for jewelry are watches, rings, a studded earring or two, and maybe a necklace?

It took until Showtime for male sims to get ONE simple gold earring.The CC isn't much better. All the CC that matches what I'm looking for are all for Sims 4. :confounded:

Men wear jewelry, too.
    Post edited by MantleJackal on
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Nothing really, yet; Everyone else can have a Pool Party without a pool but my Sim can't. :sigh:
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    My remark is about the buy mode. I select to show me ONLY base game items and it shows the store items too.
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    I have sooo many little things that annoy me so much. To name a few:

1. Dip Kiss interaction doesn't have any sound, like no kissing, no exclamation when they make the surprised face, no footsteps etc. and it bothers me.
    2. The Dishwasher clean up sound for children don't match with what's happening in the animation.
    3. Dive lots outside of Island Paradise don't have special sound effects. (If you haven't noticed already, I really care about sound design)
    4. Sims don't switch to sleepwear when they join a dream in the dream pod.
    5. Smartphone phone screen leaking outside of the 3D body of the phone.
    6. Every stereo being very loud when you load save, ignoring your volume setting you set previously.
    7. Sims level up to level 3 of Laser Rhythm-a-con via the Xyplophone skill successfully, like mechanically it works perfectly fine, but the text that says that they did that is blank.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • Paurod2789Paurod2789 Posts: 15 Member
    Free will....sims just don't act right so I have to turn it off lol
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Kendrana wrote: »

I have a mod that asks me if I want a sim to scold or not. When I get my computer on I’ll try to remember to let you know what it is. I think its a no scolding mod.

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited July 2023
    How toddlers always want to play in the puddles outside when it rains.. and when they're inside, a parent or guardian will even pick them up to carry them outside to let them do it.

..and the lack of male clothing. I just bought a store pack with some hippie items, because I wanted to create, well, hippies. And all the clothes in there where female. I mean, I thought.. ok, for custom content, maybe that would be ok, since thats, well, made by the community.. but even the official EA products sometimes have nothing for males... :rolleyes:
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,049 Member
    edited July 2023
    Karritz wrote: »
    @Kendrana The mod to control scolding is by icarusallsorts and it's called ' icarusallsorts.Scolding.package '

https://modthesims.info/d/533906/update-5-jan-2016-user-directed-scolding-other-punishment-tweaks.html
    Thanks! That will be great to be able to control it. I'll definitely be giving the mod a try.