Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    Update on the video I'm loading to YouTube. It's about 1 hour short of 2 full days since I started loading that video. I started it off at 11:30 am on Saturday and now it's 10:30 am Monday and it is now 74% loaded.
  • Options
    The video has finally completed loading to YouTube.

Episode 5 of Oscar's Teen Years is now up and ready for you to watch.

https://youtu.be/6WijFecAXoU

We start out in Moonfall Island with the Mia Azul household. There are some children that need attention and one imaginary friend to be made real.

Back to the boarding school and little Chrissie completes reading her toddler books at the library. The Moonfall Island library is the Gothique Library from the Sims 3 Store (because I put it there when I set the world up for this game). We only see a single room of the library in this episode. Back at the boarding school Eric tells a ghost story to Oscar, Susanne and Coral.

Gregg Craig still hasn't located his parents and he needs to go home. Isabel sets out to look for his parents while Gregg and his imaginary friend made real, Russel, wait at the boarding school.

Isabel decided to travel through the worlds in alphabetic order and begins with Barnacle Bay. She searches the computer for Gregg's family but they are not there.

The next world is Bellatrix by @Rflong7. Isabel has another fruitless search for the Craig family. You will see a flyover of Bellatrix before Isabel moves on the Cake Island, another of Rflong7's worlds. Again there is no sign of the Craig family. There is a quick flyover of the world and a tombstone belonging to Gobias Koffi is located.

Isabel moves on to Chocolate Cake Island and there is another brief flyover. This world is almost empty but Isabel finds several sims still living at the boarding school. She can't move them on just yet as I had to work out how to free up memory in the game to allow her to travel with other sims. I did work it out eventually but not for this episode.

After Chocolate Cake Island Isabel heads for Cotes d'Ambonnay a beautiful medieval world by @xSorcier. Isabel finds 5 sims living in that world and they decide to leave with her when she travels to Lunar Lakes. The sims found in the world are three witches and a fairy and Aislan Walsh.

The fairy is Gladys Black. She is one of the fairies I made with the jeweled skins made by @Moonskin93.

The three witches are from a batch of 15 female witches and 15 male witches I made a few years ago. They are spread out across several worlds. The three I found in Cotes d'Ambonnay are Bambi, Biddy and Mitch Bombay.

Most of my fairies begin life with the family name of Flower, and all of my witches are given the family name of Bombay. They are not related to each other. Biddy has a pet cat that she takes with her when she moves. I found Biddy and Mitch have become engaged so I moved them in together with the cat in Lunar Lakes. You see a quick flyover of Lunar Lakes too.

Bambi, Mitch, Biddy and the cat all move to Lunar Lakes with Gladys.

I found a pic of Gladys
    Gladys-Black001.jpg

Bambi with some others not in this episode
    Bambi003.jpg

Sebastian-Wendy-Bambi-Olley001.jpg

Biddy
    Biddy002.jpg

Mitch
    Mitch001.jpg

Aislan is a townie from Dragon Valley and she moves into the Moonfall Island boarding school with her pet cat. She will stay there to become a nanny. I've wanted to play Aislan for a while and decided the time has come to do that. She is getting on a bit in age so she gets to drink a young again potion on arrival at the boarding school.

Once the move to Lunar Lakes is complete Isabel, Aislan and the cat return to Moonfall Island just in time for the children and teens to return from school.

I hope you enjoy the video.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,202 Member
    edited July 2022
    @Turjan

That was a great update!

@Brandontaylor Thank you

@polrbear

Great shots!
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm playing the Sims again after another long hiatus, and whenever I return to playing I also return to reading the forums. I've been reading everyone's updates for a few days, but now I decided to stop being creepy and to say hi! :smiley:

@Karritz , I'm amazed that you have an imaginary friend with an imaginary friend of his own in your game! I have no idea how that can happen.

• Options
    This is Audrey, the sim I'm currently playing, and her daughter Janella. Audrey is a single mother for now - she tried for baby with her boyfriend before marrying him or inviting him to join the household. She is a self-employed alchemist and resort owner.
    enfRBNk.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm playing the Sims again after another long hiatus, and whenever I return to playing I also return to reading the forums. I've been reading everyone's updates for a few days, but now I decided to stop being creepy and to say hi! :smiley:

@Karritz , I'm amazed that you have an imaginary friend with an imaginary friend of his own in your game! I have no idea how that can happen.

It's great to see you return. I hope we see more of you.

I've had that imaginary friend with his or her own imaginary friend before. There are two ways it can happen. 1. The inaginary friend is born in game and gets an imaginary friend delivered in the mail. 2. There is a bug in the game and sometimes when an imaginary friend is made real it gets a copy of itself in its inventory. I've noticed when this second thing happens the imaginary friend and its imaginary friend have the same name. They don't necessarily become the same as each other when made real though. I've discovered imaginary friends get their gender and other characteristics when they become real. I've had a few crashes happen after making an IF real and get a sim of a different gender when the same doll is made real after reloading the game. Going on a huge binge of making dozens of them real reveals some surprising things about that process.
  • Options
    @Karritz, thanks for the explanation! I completely forgot that an imaginary friend turned real is an occult state and not an ordinary human sim, so it's possible for a baby imaginary friend to be born!
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    So Link and Pearl broke up :disappointed: and I felt so bad for Pearl I brought her into a new save, into CAS, chose her a husband, and mixed their genetics to make them three kids already.
    Anyway, this is Pearl and her new man's oldest daughter Audrey, heading out with Pearl for driving lessons!:
    52193552723_78c72e8d69_o.jpg
    Honestly, Pearl's genes are top-tier. Every daughter is good looking.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    edited July 2022
    Oh, by the way, I think I will stir up more drama myself now in Link's save, by adding my revamped Skylar back into the mix! :worried: Link's old love :heart: I mean, since he doesn't want Pearl, let's see what happens :sweat_smile:
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Had a quick load yesterday to find a few of my Sims around the pier:

TM4uK6G.jpg

'I wonder what time these open?'

2XAcPV6.jpg

Underground?

dLt3xMa.jpg

Quite flashy!

Y1b38hJ.jpg

What's going on in the men's?

52gJI92.jpg

Looks like someone left the store room door unlocked!

h5ghndi.jpg

Woops! A glitch in the matrix there, this looks like a real life location!

CEGz8JZ.jpg

OK this looks more Sims like

GtEGOxe.jpg

But if this is based on a real location then does that mean that the creator has access to all areas?

jjZKTAm.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    My first gen heir aged up and her IF continued my streak of getting terrible traits (I think mean spirited and the one that can bore people into a coma) so that thing went straight into her inventory and is never coming out again.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited July 2022
    @Karritz
    Are those eyes CC? If so, do you happen to know where you got them from? They look really nice! :)

My screenshots are a little sporadic as I tend to be really interested in my game and forget to capture anything. But I usually remember to screenshot the important moments.

I started a new save in Twinbrook - my sim, Myra Artemis. I moved her in with Amy Bull and they both hate each other, lol.
    ZSXSUZp.png

...Myra's first day as a stylist, SPOILER ALERT, it didn't go to well.
    yxs3i9s.png
    csLeJaK.png
    KwqBiNK.png
    moaBGGZ.png

Fast forward a few days and Amy is getting down to business with her long-time BF Marc.
    bhXrEun.png
    fiT8fdN.png

Meanwhile, Myra is trying to seduce the hot (but married) dad from down the street. :p
    ejFWvcf.png
    YevXwpm.png

I had to stop and admire the architecture around Twinbrook, it's very... interesting.
    8B9uZGx.png

A few days later was the neighborhood Costume Party, and someone found out she was unexpectedly pregnant. What better time to break the news?
    UBU0f2U.png

The next few days were interesting.
    A fire started (who knew that you shouldn't leave fires unattended? Not me of course, hehe) and with Myra at work, a very pregnant Amy had to put the fire out single-handedly, with no help from the firefighter.
    jBaQ0gp.png
    4pemrlx.png

Myra is moving right on up in the Stylist Career, already at level 5 she spends her days designing fashion...
    fLbo1TU.png

...as well as 'dealing' with clients.
    mj8Ey74.png
    QbFBdJx.png

A long work week calls for Friday night drinks at the bar! B)
    pHAH2vH.png

And what better way to end the night off than with the birth of Amy and Marc's daughter, Amelia.
    Tsie9Xr.png
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 Those corridors remind me of the game Superliminal :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xCBxIZ2148
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Cororon It was meant to be the cisterns and pipework duct between the male and females. I work as a cleaner for the seafront toilets and I have seen in a lot of them. The 'real life' one I shared is the longest and also has an air-conditioning unit in it and a grate rather than a floor. A lot of problems with the cisterns in that one.

I used to be terrified of them before I started doing this job though. Even now that are one or two than make me nervous
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Astro I'm not sure which eyes you mean. I do have quite a lot of CC eyes but almost never use them. The group of witches which I posted yesterday were made a few years ago and I don't remember if I used CC eyes in them or not. I'd probably assume not. But I might have been experimenting.

The eyes I do have are from @Moonskin83 site. I mostly use her skins though but do have a few eyes that I rarely use. I can recall only one sim I've used CC eyes for but there could be others.

Annabel016.jpg

The eyes and skin came from the Moonskin83 site.

You could safely assume any other eyes I might have used on other sims probably came from that site too. I'm not really into using cc eyes. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    @Cororon It was meant to be the cisterns and pipework duct between the male and females. I work as a cleaner for the seafront toilets and I have seen in a lot of them. The 'real life' one I shared is the longest and also has an air-conditioning unit in it and a grate rather than a floor. A lot of problems with the cisterns in that one.

I used to be terrified of them before I started doing this job though. Even now that are one or two than make me nervous

I think these sets are for you, if you don't have them already:

https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-sets-objects-construction/title/pipemania/id/1111711/

https://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Cyclonesue/downloads/details/category/sims3-sets-objects-construction/title/see-through-floor-modifiers/id/1230362/

:)
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    @Karritz
    Sorry, I should've been more specific. These eyes.
    Biddy002.png
  • Options
    Astro wrote: »
    @Karritz
    Sorry, I should've been more specific. These eyes.
    Biddy002.png

I don't know. I'll check next time I'm in my game. Probably later today. It's Tuesday morning at my place.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-161.jpg
    Elizabeth: You really need to lighten up, here have a water balloon.
    Jonathan: How very immature...don't..

Screenshot-163.jpg
    Jonathan: Alright, you asked for it.

Screenshot-172.jpg
    Elizabeth: Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see.What I want
    and I need...Everything that we should be.I bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks
    about and she's got everything that I have to live without.

Screenshot-176.jpg
    Elizabeth: Drew talks to me, I laugh cause its just so funny.And I can't
    even see anyone when he's with me. He says he's so in love, he's finally
    got it right.I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night.He's the reason
    for the teardrops on my guitar, the only thing keeps me wishing on a wishing star.

Screenshot-173.jpg
    Elizabeth: Drew walks by me, can he tell that I can't breathe? And there he goes
    so perfectly,the kind of flawless, I wish I could be.She better hold him tight, give him all her love,
    look in those beautiful eyes and realize she's lucky cause, he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar,
    the only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star, he's the song in the car, I keep singing, don't know why
    I do.

Screenshot-174.jpg

Screenshot-179.jpg
    Jonathan: Another perfect show..And your final one on this trip.
    Elizabeth: Good, my throat is really hurting.
    Jonathan: take a cough drop....anyways you were amazing out there.
    Should I?
    Elizabeth: Should you what?

Screenshot-181.jpg

Screenshot-182.jpg
    Elizabeth; Are you insane!!! Derek is gonna kill you.
    Jonathan: Not if he doesn't know..
    Elizabeth: I'll be traveling back alone, you can go.
    I'll be breaking our contract.
    Jonathan:(whispers): You'll regret that.

Screenshot-185.jpg
    Elizabeth: I'm coming home early.
    Amber: Are you okay?
    Elizabeth: No...but I can't tell Derek that, he'll flip and might
    do something drastic.Can you pick me up at the airport tomorrow.
    6:30am?
    Amber: Of course! Be safe.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    @Astro I took the sim into CAS and scrolled through the eyes I have installed and none of them were highlighted so I don't know which it might be. Moonskin93 tmblr is a bit hit or miss and not everything is still available for download. I downloaded a lot from that site years ago. That's why I had it. It's not easy to find now and some of her skins are adult rated.

• Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,202 Member
    Today it is my birthday, it will be a calm one as I do not celebrate much these days.
    I will play sims and watch Netflix hehe.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 I hope you have a happy birthday and enjoy your sims and netflix!
  • Options
    Myra got a house call for a wardrobe change, I had no idea the client was a CHILD, lmaoo.
    gztwMWz.png
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Been writing fanfiction recently.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top