Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @GraceyManor I wish I had advice. That must be so frustrating.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Miss my Sims.

161FBEDD-9207-4048-BB52-9E6F8B3B4A63.jpeg
    Fleet Admiral Toshio “Animal” Nakamura from my Sims 3/JAG (if anyone is familiar with that show (now out of syndication and into reruns)

Writing JAG or Sims 3 fanfiction is hard with having to remember the characters in your head instead of playing them in game.

1C87EC6D-2C6F-4857-87BE-9187F1A127AD.jpeg
    Meg is a blonde Lieutenant JG on the TV show (first season) but a Vice Admiral in my Sims 3/JAG stories sporting auburn hair.

This excerpt is from a FF(dot)com fanfic called “Hail and Well Met” (Chapter 14)
    TACTS Range Coordinator

“Ma’am, the Tigers’ F-5F went into a five degree nose down according to telemetry readings off the TACTS Pod that it was outfitted with”

“I’m presuming the attitude before impact was consistent with an ACM maneuver known as a rolling scissors?” Meg zeroed in on the telemetry display.

“Yes, ma’am, according to the blackbox, that was recovered from the aircraft, we can ascertain what the aircraft was doing before impact.”

“In this case there were two impacts: the one with the other aircraft and the one where the aircraft went into the ground.” Meg looked over at Animal. “We’re looking for the first impact and like you thought, it seems the crew was engaged in a ACM maneuver at the time of impact between the two aircraft. The blackbox data come back from the F-14 yet?”

“Yes, ma’am. We cordoned off the Tomcat and set our techs to work on extracting the data from the box.”

“Good, let me know what you retrieve…”

“Yes, ma’am!”

“…before Lieutenant Commander Rabb asks for it!” Meg shot the TACTS range coordinator. “I will be the one to give the information to LCDR Rabb as I’m the one who originally determined the necessity for telemetry information from the black-box.”

“Aye-aye, ma’am!”

She turned on her heel, “Sir, I think we’re got the telemetry data to prove that the aircraft were in a situation where they were deliberately hazarded.”

“I’ll let you come to that conclusion, Lieutenant Commander Austin-Nakamura, Lieutenant Roberts. I think I’d better return to my own duties.”

“Yes, sir!”

“Have you eaten?”

“Sir?” Lieutenant Roberts realized the Commander had turned back to them and was indicating a question aimed at Lieutenant Commander Austin-Nakamura.

“Have you eaten anything today?”

“Yes, sir.” 🐸🐸🐸🐸 military protocol, Meg thought.

“What did you eat?”

“Meatloaf”.

“With hamburger I presume.”

“Definitely Navy meatloaf, sir.”

“Thank goodness.” Animal looked over at her. “Has Harm ever mentioned his meatless meatloaf to you at any point”

“Not particularly often. Maybe once or twice. I’ve never actually partaken in that particular delicacy even though he offered. I’m not vegetarian and have no desire to be…”. Meg was curious.

“If he ever offers again, refuse.”

“Why is that, sir?” Bud piped up

Animal aimed a smirk at Lieutenant Roberts, “Lieutenant…any gastronomical invention that could cause a roach extinction is best kept away from your palate. Harm’s meatless meatloaf would constitute a culinary misdemeanor under S 301 of the Food and Drug Act.”
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member

CRUMPLEBOTTOM-HELGASON LEGACY
    Current family picture :

Generation 2; Bernard and Allison, their 5 children, Robert the Simbot and Albin. The next heir (gen 3) is one of the teen boys.
    52182333111_81bb59206b_k.jpg
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I been trying to throw a bachelor party for 3 days now.Either the guests show up and leave right away, or they show up
    and just stand there and I can't interact with them.

Can you reset the problem sims? Or can you reset the lot? When I get problems with this sort of thing I start resetting things. It often helps. Maybe you could try resetting the entire world using Master Controller on the city hall or a computer.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    I been trying to throw a bachelor party for 3 days now.Either the guests show up and leave right away, or they show up
    and just stand there and I can't interact with them.

Can you reset the problem sims? Or can you reset the lot? When I get problems with this sort of thing I start resetting things. It often helps. Maybe you could try resetting the entire world using Master Controller on the city hall or a computer.

I tried that to no avail.I moved to a fresh copy of Roaring heights and it seemed to fix it. Like Derek tried to go interact with the guest and the guest just stood there so Derek just stood there waiting for guest to respond I could cancel Derek’s action.Not sure if it is because Derek is a celeb
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@MamaSimTee Ah ha!...thank you. I know several people who enjoy Dungeons and Dragons. It sounds fun. My hubby enjoyed the Magic card game.

@GraceyManor Oh my. Poor Elizabeth. She has completely lost her senses. Look in the mirror girl!
    Did Jonathan use the hypnotizer on her?
    Sorry, I don't have bachelor parties so don't have a clue.
    I see you got things worked out.

@Silverofdreams30 Comments on your story thread.

@ZhakiraP I hope Agnes will bring him back to life!
    Love you included the simbot in the family picture! :grin:

@Nikkei_Simmer Hope things are getting better for you.

@Karritz :smiley: I hope you are feeling better now and all over the illness.

I'm not sure why but I never get tired of fights especially when my sims win. :hushed:
    52173889986_deb7558e03_o.jpg

"oh my aching back"
    "Get out and don't come back! You'll have more than a sore back next time!"
    52173889981_7ba895831d_o.jpg

I always 'fix', ok, ok...cheat the energy and stink back up after a fight. Silly that it drops all the way down. Handsome blond Shane :love: elected to fix breakfast after the fight.
    52172869462_4be554ae7b_o.jpg
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited June 2022
    @bekkasan
    Agnes somehow got hold of an old lamp. She rubbed it and a genie popped out. Agnes knew what to wish for.
    52184030173_0461b888cf_h.jpg

Just like that Erik was alive again. One minute he was floating across the cellar floor, and in the next the feeling of stone under his feet.
    52184505695_91b8fee345_h.jpg

Shane has a very nice house. I agree with your fix :)
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan thank you. I am over Covid but he brought home another virus. I am working on fighting it off and hope i succeed. Could be flu or something else. In the meantime I've almost finished my next Oscat video. Hope to start loading it tomorrow.
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @Karritz Feel better soon!

I'm half heartedly working from home today. I have my SIMs game running in the background. LOL
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    Screenshot-97.jpg
    Derek: Peter! What are you doing here? I thought I told you you were
    fired.
    Peter: Basically, I'm here to beg for my job....I can't believe I'm saying
    this but I rely on you!
    Derek: I don't trust you as a manager Peter, but I suppose
    you could be my butler.
    Peter: What?!
    Derek: Take it or leave it.
    Peter: Take it..I'm deseperate.

Screenshot-99.jpg
    Amber: Morning people.
    Peter: Oh, what are you doing here? The sun is still up!
    Amber: Poor Peter, demoted to a life of a butler. This is priceless.

Screenshot-100.jpg
    Elizabeth: Did I miss something?
    Derek: Elizabeth..

Screenshot-102.jpg

Screenshot-103.jpg
    Derek: I'm sorry Elizabeth, I should trust you to make your own
    decisions.
    Elizabeth: no, I'm sorry. You were right, I looked ridiculous.

Screenshot-104.jpg
    Derek: Its fine...but please don't run off like that again.
    Elizabeth: I won't.

Screenshot-123.jpg
    Derek: What did you need Amber?
    Peter: She wanted to tell you that she's very uncomfortable in
    that dress, and she should have never tried to squeeze into a size 6.
    Derek: Seriously? That's what you wanted to tell me?
    Amber: No!!!
    Peter: But isn't it obvious.
    Amber: I'm going out of town for a few weeks.
    Peter: Yippee! Ding dong the witch is dead.
    Amber: And I highly suggest you get rid of that one.

Screenshot-114.jpg

Screenshot-113.jpg

Screenshot-116.jpg

Last few pics are just random scenery thought it was pretty.
  • Options

@ZhakiraP Yaay! I love a happy ending. :heart:
    hehe, I do love a few of the cheats. :grin:

@Karritz oh, bummer. I hope you feel better soon. Good luck with finishing the video.

@MamaSimTee That sounds like a great way to work from home. :smiley:

@GraceyManor Glad she could admit he was right! Step in the right direction.
    Interesting bringing him back in the picture. Hope it works out. Doesn't seem to have lost his attitude though.
    Beautiful scenery pictures.
  • Options
    @MamaSimTee @bekkasan thank you. I am not too sick. It's just annoying to have another thing with cold like symptoms. Apart from Covid, there are two other viruses going around here at the moment. Influenza A and RSV (or something similar as I'm not exactly sure of the middle letter). Both have cold like symptoms. The flu virus is serious and putting people into hospital and some are dying from it. The other one is not so bad. I have had my flu shot so I shouldn't get too sick with either of them. It's just annoying.

I don't have much of the video to do. About 5 minutes of narration (or less) and a bit of editing of that 5 minutes or so of video then add music and load to YouTube.

It is a bit different to my usual videos and anyone who doesn't have Lunar Lakes and is curious about the rabbit holes and things in that world would get a good look at them with this video. Near the start of the video I give viewers a quick look at the entire world of Bellatrix by @Rflong7 and near the end there is a quick look through Lunar Lakes. Both worlds use lots of Lunar Lakes stuff. There are other worlds in it as well.

Happy Simming All.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Stopping by to say hello. I miss posting but I’ve got a 39 hour week and a 40 hour week coming up at work. Other real life things are also keeping me away. I plan on at least reading through the thread and will try to answer everyone too but idk when I can do actual commenting, let alone play. I still have updates to post, I might try to get that done after work one day.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Happy Canada Day to all the Canadians in this thread? Anybody? 😁🇨🇦

caflag.jpg

Screenshot-7.jpg
    Canada (in the Sims 3). 😁👍
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Does anyone know how to stop flirting between two sims using story progression Amber keeps trying to flirt with derek and vice versa.I don't want these two to flirt, but I want Derek to be able to flirt with Elizabeth.
  • Options
    I have started loading the next episode of Oscar's Teen Years video to YouTube. The last video I loaded took about 24 hours to load. It is 30 minutes long. My internet is very slow. I'll let you know when it is available for you to watch.

Happy Simming All.
  • Options
    Screenshot-133.jpg
    Derek: Yes, I would be interested in doing this film...Amber, can you please
    stop the racket, I'm on the phone.
    Amber: -plays louder-

Screenshot-134.jpg
    Elizabeth: Hey! Great music, you have talent.
    Amber: Thanks!
    Derek: Ladies, I'm on the phone...can you please quiet down.
    Elizabeth: Play it louder.
    Derek: Elizabeth!

Screenshot-135.jpg
    Derek: I'm sorry, I'll have to call you back.-clicks-
    Thank you both very much, I was trying to get a deal on a film.
    Elizabeth: Go in another room then.
    Derek: I was in here first.
    Amber: Too bad, I gotta practice.
    Derek: I hate you both, really I do.

later that day, the group went to the festival grounds to hang out.

Screenshot-139.jpg
    Derek: Who is that?
    Elizabeth: Jonathan just texted me, He wants me to do a tour
    in Starlight Shores.
    Derek: I could use a vacation..
    Elizabeth: Uh...He says I can't bring anyone.

Screenshot-140.jpg
    Derek: No way..I'm not letting you go traveling with him alone, who
    knows what shady activity he's up to
    Elizabeth: You can trust me!

Screenshot-141.jpg
    Derek: I know you can.But I can't trust him.I don't want him
    to try anything.

Screenshot-142.jpg

Screenshot-143.jpg
    Elizabeth: I promise, everything will be okay.
    Derek: Fine, but if he tries anything, I'm coming out there.
    Elizabeth: Deal.

Screenshot-146.jpg
    Jonathan: I'm here to pick up Elizabeth.
    Derek: Before you go, I would like to have a word with you.

Screenshot-147.jpg
    Derek: I am only agreeing to this because I trust her. However,
    I do not trust you.If I find out that you even looked at her the wrong
    way, I swear I will be on the next plane out there, and you'll regret
    signing her.
    Jonathan: Touchy Touchy...I wouldn't dream of stealing your precious
    princess!

Screenshot-148.jpg
    Derek: Oh yes you would.I know your type .I've worked with people
    like you. Stay away from her.
    Jonathan: This is strictly business.I give you my word.

Screenshot-151.jpg
    Derek: I don't trust him.

In Starlight Shores:

Screenshot-152.jpg
    Jonathan: 5 days, one show per night.Think you're up to it?
    Elizabeth: Yes, I think I'll be fine...As long as I don't have to wear that
    wig.
    Jonathan: Don't worry, that idea is gone. Your first performance will
    will be tonight at the park.For now, you have free time.

Screenshot-153.jpg
    Elizabeth; You play very well..
    Jonathan: Practice, wanna give it a try?
    Elizabeth: I don't know how to golf.
    Jonathan: I'll teach you.

Screenshot-155.jpg
    Jonathan: That a girl...You got this!
    Elizabeth wanted to visit the beach, Jonathan agreed to take her
    as long as they didn't spend too much time, He didn't enjoy the sun,
    mostly because he tanned rather easily.

Screenshot-158.jpg
    Elizabeth: Stop splashing me! How old are you?
    Jonathan: Oh come on, have a little fun.
    Elizabeth: you asked for it..
    Jonathan: We should head to the park soon.

Screenshot-159.jpg
    Elizabeth: I can feel you staring at me.What is it?
    Jonathan: Nothing...I just can see why Derek's so captivated by you.
    Elizabeth: You're starting to cross the line.
    Jonathan: My apologies.

• Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited July 2022
    @Silverofdreams30 I forgot you were from Kiruna. I wish you fun on the music festival :smile:

@ZhakiraP Sims are great at picking the right opportunity to become unfaithful :lol: . All for the sake of drama.
    Aww, Agnes reunited with her love. That's cute.
    Great family pic :smile: .

@bekkasan I hope you enjoy your time with the grandkids, new and old :smile: .
    Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I told you there wasn't much to the mystery. I rebuilt the house slightly though so it gets more usable. Some of the connections between rooms were a bit tortuous, and given sims have a (theoretically) unfailing routing ability, those detours only confuse the player, not the sims.
    Riverview sure isn't exciting, but it's better than some of the other worlds. My main issue with it is the tiny lots in the town center with not much space around the separate rabbit holes and half a dozen tiny parks. Given how many sims the game pushes to lots where the player stays for a moment, routing gets difficult.
    Heh, yes, that room was very blue. Part of it was my fault though, as I added another bed here.
    Nice update on Disney Magic Kingdom. :lol: at Shane eyeing a box with - maybe - a ring.
    Nice fight pic. Yeah, I also often cheat those hygiene and energy bars back up after a fight. I assume this was done mostly for those jealousy fights. As the game seems to think that domestic violence is the only solution to this, the couples have at least some breaks in between their attempts at kicking each others' teeth out. Love the cabin.

@GraceyManor Beautiful pics of Roaring Heights.

For some short-term diversion, I went back to one of my many attempts to continue the "Lost Time Travelers" story, which has been ongoing for years now, started in my big Sunset Valley game, went via Oasis Landing to Cronor and, from there, to Lunar Lakes in my main game. This here is a branch that went from Cronor to the Manave Isles and was disconnected from the other worlds. I had already posted a few snippets of this before.

The story started when the staff of the Sunset Valley science lab had been sent to Oasis Landing to investigate some unusual events there and find a missing military member, which is why they were accompanied and technically led by a military commander (just to make that clear up front: The mission failed spectacularly). Lucas Stout (here on the left), the oldest son of my SV founder Marcus Stout and Jamie Jolina, was the senior scientist of the expedition. Rowan Stout, a half-brother of Lucas and former plantsim, had been a teenager from science school when the expedition started. Madison VanWatson was a former scientist turned writer, but was recruited for documenting tasks. In principle, all of them had been stranded in Cronor together for many years, and only Ambrosia explains their ages.
    U8cSMNP.jpg
    Ethan Bunch is the second ex-scientist who had been re-activated for the expedition. He is actually a very successful writer, unlike Madison, and is the main earner of the household (his last Sunday check was above 42,000 simoleons). He has a somewhat strained relationship with many of the others.
    nBRLodG.jpg
    Spiros Koffi (inappropriate, fighter pilot and expedition leader) on the left was tasked with finding his missing comrade, while his sister, Heather Alvi (talking to Rowan), was (and is) one of the main scientists. In the front, we have Jose Frio, the third scientist, a brother of the missing soldier and technically brother-in-law of Lucas and Rowan. Most of the group members were married and had children, but that has become a faded memory over the long time their former lives have been ago.
    1kKpA2l.jpg
    After their escape from Cronor, their collaborators arranged for a combined science lab and military installation, situated underground below this building (I had posted this one before). Ah yes, Chief Manave doesn't know about this.
    OVtowMd.jpg
    There are no roads on these islands, so everyone has to run to work through the woods.
    K5mITXU.jpg
    The escape from Cronor wouldn't have been possible without some help from members of the science lab at Cronor. Note that all expedition members had been barred from working a science job at Cronor, and Spiros had to make sure that nobody knew of his actual profession. Their helpers had their own reasons to escape and joined them to the Manave Isles. Here we have Lucky Lischynski and Sheldon Cooper coming out of the science lab after their shifts ended.
    ApO5IJe.jpg
    Not sure whether Spiros is dreaming of becoming an astronaut or just wants to nuke something.
    O8KOH3I.jpg
    Lucas and Heather are talking about the job, while Ethan is looking after the garden (not voluntarily :lol: ).
    FYgaibs.jpg
    Originally, I thought that Heather and Jose would pair up, but they are still "romantic interests".
    gb0FcwH.jpg
    I don't have the feeling Heather is in any hurry to decide things. Here she's flirting with Rowan, and Ethan is also on her regular list.
    QPYgt2t.jpg
    Sometimes, she also does something with Lucas, but that's rare. In my Lunar Lakes branch, she actually married Lucas, which doesn't seem likely this time.
    qOYicrH.jpg
    I will probably leave the household to SP for a while, as I have no idea how to sort this convoluted mess out.
    To be continued...
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    The Manave Isles have a few indigenous inhabitants (the islands are modeled after the game The Sims Castaway Stories). Here Lucas is talking to one of them who gave his some mixology task for some reason (I have real difficulties to remember their names, so sorry for not providing them).
    TApdHHy.jpg
    The young lady, here talking to the island chief's warrior, is obviously pregnant. The father is the elder shaman of the island, who is playing chess in the background. The baby on last pic is the second young woman's, and it's not by the warrior. Unlike my traveler group, pretty much all the islanders have been paired up by SP at this point, so that's basically set on that front.
    UG9AMsg.jpg
    I'm afraid the islands are facing a population explosion they were never designed to deal with.
    8AZZwra.jpg
    The warrior came over for a visit and played chess with Spiros.
    TolrqNb.jpg
    Given all islanders have "self-employed" jobs, they tend to stay just about forever.
    36IdKB3.jpg
    I switched to the "Cronor Refugees" household for a moment. Lucky and Amy Fowler are dealing with their garden.
    c09j4rB.jpg
    Lucky, who came from Cronor with his teenage son Joey, fell in love with a widow from the main island (via SP), who lives there with two of her children. I decided to seal the deal before SP gets other ideas.
    EKghBgS.jpg
    They married the next day.
    a6Ht8po.jpg
    Btw, SP only waited a single hour after the marriage to announce that Lucky and his wife expected a new child. :lol:

When I switched back to the "Lost Time Travelers", they had two visitors. Jose is performing a trivia challenge with Joey, Lucky's son, who now lives on the main island. Lucas is joking with Sheldon who came over from next door.
    H5oVIdp.jpg
    Everyone in the house tends to congregate in the same room. Given lots on these islands are often tiny and we are on a 20x15 lot here, this leads to issues. I really hope they soon decide who they want to be with, so I can move a few sims out.
    ZUG0Sba.jpg
    One sim who helped during the escape was the deceased former owner of the house the group lived in in Cronor, Drone Dobbs. I had posted how he died a long time ago, and he was engaging in a pillow fight with Grim at that time. Drone is still with the group, here in the basement.
    qcu3Vkp.jpg
    He's now a full member of the household. Madison, a "supernatural fan", had developed a liking to him in Cronor, but that doesn't seem to have transferred to the new town. Here, Drone is speaking to Rowan, while Sheldon performs a dramatic faint (he's a coward).
    wkIenfO.jpg
    Even ghosts want to eat. He was preparing a salad here.
    sIhTvZx.jpg
    Instead of making a decision, Heather sees new opportunities on the horizon.
    U6JeUaI.jpg
    Sheldon preferred to nap on a bench instead of going the few yards to his bed in the house you see behind him.
    KubQbxa.jpg
    That's how far I got with this this time. I'll see whether this will go any further.
    Have a great time, everybody :smile: .
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    @GraceyManor Great updates!

@Nikkei_Simmer Great pictures!

@emorrill Great updates!

@Sprottenham Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 Great update!

@bekkasan Thanks. At least things have been better so far at work since then.
    Same here, although I haven't had any time to play lately.
    You're welcome.
    Thanks!
    Yeah, it's nice to see the different animals running around.
    I know, I wasn't happy about that. However, I haven't had the time to replay the wedding yet. :disappointed:
    Great updates!
    Thanks! Yeah, I just try to at least read the updates, even if I can't post.
    It's actually doing a bit better than I thought in the theaters. I saw for opening week, Elvis was the number 1 film even over Top Gun: Maverick

@MemoriiValentine Great pics of the Sims!

@Turjan You're welcome.
    Yeah, I didn't know that. Will have to try it.
    Great update!

@lisasc360 Great updates!

@ZhakiraP Great updates!

***That is all I had time for due to my busy work schedule.
  • Options

@Brandontaylor Hi! Thanks for the comments. Enjoy what free time you get playing the game. :smiley:

@Nikkei_Simmer Happy Canada Day...late. :grin:

@GraceyManor Enjoyed the update. Glad Derek trusts Elizabeth, but is smart enough to not trust Jonathan completely. She'd be smarter to fire Jonathan and hire someone she can trust.

@Turjan Thanks for the comments!
    Lovely seeing more of Marcus's handsome offspring. The other sims are just as gorgeous. You do have a way with making sims shine.
    Sheldon! Love it. One of my favorite shows when I watched TV. I know his kitty song by heart and even have it on a pillow! LOL
    Awesome that they brought Drone with them. Perhaps he can be made human again with all the science tech and nerds available. :grin: He looks cute!

Sunrise in Hidden Springs
    52188883650_6385149655_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Did a little writing.

Captain Kimber Benton is Commander Kimber Benton in this excerpt from my story. Hail and Well Met Chapter 14
    Screenshot-55.jpg
    VF-41 Black Aces Command Offices,

“Commander Benton,”. Animal called out as he strode into the office. Kimber poker her head up at the hail. “Personnel files for Chief Allan Kendrick, AM3 Travis Barnouli, Seaman Kander Malanchuk, see me in my office, Commander as soon as you retrieve those files.”

“On it, sir!” The sir was acknowledgement for the station of squadron commander not the rank as both Kimber Benton and Animal were of equal rank as O-5s

Kimber traced her steps to the CO’s office upon retrieving the asked-for files.

“Shut the door behind you.” Animal said quietly as Kimber entered, “Take a seat” when Kimber had finished shutting the door and taken two steps towards the desk preparing to stand at attention, catching her off-guard while her brain struggled to catch up. Kimber did as he commanded and looked over at her CO.

Animal paused for a long moment, staring at her for a long moment; no emotion visible on his face. After an indeterminable moment, he let out a sigh reaching out for the three folders in Kimber’s hand, perusing each folder before he spoke again, “I’m bringing up captain’s mast for the two junior sailors - the wrenches and I’m asking the chief to submit his retirement papers.”

Kimber was shocked. Chief Petty Officer Allan Kendrick was a good sailor. Having grown up in the Bronx, he had enlisted at the age of 17 with parental permission just so he could stay out of the influence sphere of the gangs; namely the Irish Ducky Boys. Kendrick was hard-working, not prone to cutting corners, he’d earned his gold hash marks with exemplary conduct but this single mistake was the first and only mistake he’d done. But it was also a career-killer of a mistake. Signing off the up-sheet was a clear sign that the crew-chief had inspected the work done by the wrenches and personally certified the aircraft as ready to return to front-line service. Signing the sheet without inspecting the work done was a court-martial offense under Article 92 of the UCMJ.

After all Chief Kendrick: a) had certain duties b) knew or reasonably should have known of the duties, c) was willfully, or through neglect or culpable inefficiency, derelict in the performance of said duties.

…and that could not go unpunished.

“Sir?”

“We might have lost 112 if it weren’t for Crew Chief Haynes who was looking over the gripe sheets for the down birds going back to the line. He got suspicious about the perfunctory up form on 112 and decided to give it a look-see. He was the one that found the unseated screw. I want Chief Petty Officer Martin Haynes written up for the Navy Achievement award for his initiative or we might have lost that airframe and a crew on top of it.” Animal tapped the hands free on the phone and the voice of CMCPO Ryan essayed from the speaker…

“What can I do for you, sir?”

“Command Master Chief, would you bring me in the file of Chief Petty Officer Martin Haynes.” Animal requested.

“Aye,sir!”

Five minutes later and the file was on his desk and the Command Master Chief was back to his desk, the door closing behind him.

Animal rested his head against the palm of his left hand perusing the file nodding to himself as Kimber watched him. “Twenty eight years in, up for hIs Senior Chief’s exam. I want him to take it in three month’s time. Then take over lead of the enlisted wrenches in the maintenance department.” Animal closed the file and picked up AM3 Barnouli’s and Seaman Malanchuk’s files. “These two wrenches are out of here.” He looked over at Kimber with a grim countenance stating, “I’m delegating you the responsibility of informing BuPers of the situation that requires them be aware of my out-processing these two from our squadron and to notify their detailer that the two will need a new posting within the parameters of the needs of the Navy. I refuse to have them return here. The Black Aces is not a location for anyone who cuts corners on quality of work. I’d prefer these two to never work in NAVAIR maintenance ever again, but that isn’t my call. BuPers can figure out where they fit according to their needs as long as it isn’t back here and make that abundantly clear, XO.”

“I’ll get on that right away, CO. Sir, about Chief Kendrick. Is he being processed for Article 15?” Kimber paused for a long moment, “He’s almost at thirty.”

“Three months.” Animal stated looking at the Chief’s file.

“That’s not going to go well for him financially, is it?”

Animal rubbed his temples letting out a deep frustrated sigh, “…one of the tough breaks of command.” His reluctance to destroy the long-standing career of a good man who only slipped up once was evident in every pore of his posture, “Chief Kendrick made a costly error. He signed off on a down-gripe repair sheet without first inspecting the work done then he compounded that mistake by signing 112 as certified return to operational service. XO, it was his signature on the sheet and he knows the consequences of such an action and the fall-out that could potentially happen.” He looked at Kimber directly, “I don’t want to do this.” He shook his head looking towards to the window of his office watching the darkening sky. “But the severity of his error requires action…”he breathed heavily, the burden of command heavy on his shoulders.

He and Chief Kendrick had a long history in the Black Aces and they had a mutual respect for one another, but Animal was now the commanding officer and not the fresh-faced lieutenant JG he was when he’d first reported to the squadron from FRS (fleet replacenent squadron) fresh from his initial flight training in the F-14 Tomcat. In other words, he was canning a long-time friend and squadron-mate. The wrenches were just as much a part of VF-41 as the aircrew were.

“What choice do I have?” The plaintive question marked a culmination point to a 17 year relationship of aircrew and maintainer, “There’s no satisfaction in this and, god, I wish there was another way, so I’m giving him an out; his resignation. And god, I hope he’s smart enough to recognize the choice he has. Either he accepts the fact that he has to tender his immediate resignation or I have to bring the full weight of the UCMJ under Article 92 Failure to Obey an Order under section a) Violation of or failure to obey a lawful general order or regulation: c)Dereliction in the Performance of his Duties. And he could be looking at a bad conduct discharge, confinement for six months and loss of all pay and allowances. I don’t want to have to do that but I have to as a matter of due course.”

“It’s going to be tough on him financially since I don’t know what his financial situation is. And that three months could make or break his financial situation.” Kimber stated.

“Now do you see the position I’m in?” Animal looked at her. “If he accepts the resignation he’s stripped of his duties on the maintenance, and forced into administrative duties awaiting an out-processing cycle which will use up the three months it takes to meet his thirty years retirement pay before he separates from the Navy and qualifies for the honorable discharge. If he chooses to fight it, he could lose everything.”

Kimber looked sympathetically at her CO understanding she was next in line for his chair and she would he having to make these same kinds of decisions in the command slot. Animal looked haggard. He truly did not want to do this to a man that had given so much to the defense of their country.

But he’d made a mistake, a costly one that could have resulted in the loss of a much needed airframe, cost the lives of two airmen and perhaps countless others if the hypothetical had happened and 112 had gone down in a populated area. As it was the quick and intuitive actions of Chief Haynes had prevented the hypothetical from occurring and now Chief Kendrick was on the hot seat as the senior NCO involved in this fiasco.

“I’m going to assign him advisory counsel to inform him of his options.” Animal said finally after yet another long silence, “…and to highly suggest that he take the offer on the table as I do not want to have to refer the matter to the Judge Advocate General’s office.” Kimber realized Animal was serious and from what she could tell, this Chief’s case ticked off nearly all the Article 92 pre-requisites for a conviction if pursued in the military court-martial process. It would result in a BCD for the Chief and hamper him getting a job on the outside as well as stripping him of all his pay and allowances. Kimber felt sorry for the Chief even without knowing the extent of the history that her CO and the Chief shared. Chief Kendrick had always been around VF-41 as long as she’d been there. And she felt a touch of annoyance towards the Chief for making her CO have to do something that it was clear he did not want to do but under the regulations required serious mistakes to be punished. The Chief was going to lose a thirty year career in the United States Naval Service and Animal was going to have to be the one to dispassionately pull the trigger on the Chief to kill that career.

Chief Allan Kendrick up until this misstep had a flawless career, a career of twenty nine years, three months short of thirty. Kimber sensed that in offering Chief Kendrick an out, Animal was tendering an old friend a mercy who had nary a bad conduct write-up to his name, who had earned his gold chevrons, rocker and honorable service hashmarks and he was trying to save his friend’s retirement pay and honorable discharge by asking for the chief’s retirement rather than sending the case up the line.

The look on Animal’s face was dark, “Make no mistake,,XO, this mercy extended will not preclude me from referring the matter to JAG if he refuses to go quietly. I’m doing this to preserve what honor he has left”. His tone was hard and she knew the CO would make the tough call if Kendrick refused to take the deal and resign. And Kimber hoped to hell that Chief Kendrick took the offer and quietly tendered his resignation. “I’m going to have to make the JAG aware that I am handling this situation in house”. Kimber nodded as Animal picked up the phone again, dialed the JAG office line, tapping the speaker phone and the sound of the ringtone filled the office.

“Good evening, This is the office of the Judge Advocate General, Petty Officer Tiner speaking, what can I do for you?”

“Petty Officer Tiner, Commander Nakamura, I need to speak with Admiral Chegwidden. Would he be still in the office?”

“Yes,,sir! One moment, sir”. Music filled the air as Animal was placed on hold. It was about five minutes later as there was a click and Rear Admiral (upper half) AJ Chegwidden’s Texas accent filled the speaker,

“So, what can I do for you, Commander?” The admiral asked.

“Sir, I have a Chief in need of advisory counsel, preferably the JAG investigators that you currently have on station right now.”

The admiral’s tone was curious, “What’s going on?”

“Sir, I don’t want or need this matter to go to trial.” Animal explained, “We are talking about a Chief with thirty years in rate, a veteran of the Naval Service, gold chevrons, rocker and hashmarks, nary any bad conduct writeup, his record was exemplary…” he paused and the Admiral jumped in…

“I’m sensing a but here…explain.”

Animal sighed, “The chief made a mistake, a bad one…” He explained the whole situation to the admiral.

Finally after a long silence. “It was good that you consulted me, Commander. Ordinarily, I would have this matter brought to tribunal, however in deference to your Medal of Honor, I feel the matter would be better served quietly dispensed with in-house. I’ll notify Rabb, Mackenzie and Austin-Nakamura that they are to head to your office post-haste. When is mast?”

“Oh six hundred tomorrow, sir. Both the AM3 and the Seaman are being removed and processed out of my squadron back into BuPers hands. Both are assigned currently to Maintenance but have had their duties suspended. I’m giving the Chief a choice: immediate tender of his resignation to save his pay and allowances. Because if he doesn’t agree to the matter I’m going to have to take this to an Article 15 court-martial; charges under Article 92.”

“That’s a pretty serious charge and one that befits the offense. Ordinarily JAG would claim jurisdiction over this matter but, I’m certain you are well aware of that. And I’m trusting you to handle the matter as you see fit instead of dumping this on our doorstep like other commands.”

“Thank you, sir”. Animal replied.

“One more thing, Commander”.

“Aye, sir!”

“I sure hope that chief of yours has the good sense to take that life preserver you’re throwing him.”

“Yes, sir…”. Kimber and Animal looked nervously at each other.

“…because if it has to come up here…” Chegwidden stressed, “He’d better pray to every deity in the known universe and then some…” he finished ominously, “because I will sink him.” and hung up. The dial tone buzzing in the speaker formed a malignant counterpoint as Animal muttered quietly.

“It’s not going to go well for him…”.

“I think Harm, Mac and Meg are going to have their hands full…” was Kimber’s only laconic comment.

Naval Air Station Oceana Gateway Inns Lobby

Meg grinned at Harm, Mac and Bud as they sat in the lobby of the Navy managed inn for visiting officers.

“This case looks like it’s going to be an interesting one.” Meg looked at her phone with a curious expression. “Usually my husband calls before he leaves base. I haven’t received a call from him at all.”

Just then a call came in on Harm’s phone, “It’s the Admiral.” And returned to the call. “Yes, sir… we just checked into the Gateway Inn, sir and I was just talking with Lieutenant Commander Austin-Nakamura. You want us to proceed to Commander Nakamura’s office right now, sir?” He paused, looking at Mac and Meg as Meg gathered her briefcase and her things as did Mac. “Aye-aye, sir.”

“What is it?” Mac asked.

“Case coming out of VF-41. To be handled in-house. Animal said he needed advisory counsel only. Looks like we’re gonna have a late night.”

Office of the Commanding Officer, VF-41 Black Aces

Animal looked up as a knock on the door preceded the door opening, “Come in?” Animal commented wryly.

“Ma’am, sir…” Mac poked her head in the door acknowledging the fact that Commander Benton, Animal’s XO was also there.

“I see the attorneys I requested have arrived.” Animal indicated as Lieutenant Commanders Rabb and Austin-Nakamura (Animal’s wife) followed the Marine Major in the door. “shut the hatch.” He said as Rabb hastened to comply by closing the door, “take a seat” Mac and Meg sat down while Harm pulled in one of the extra chairs by the wall to the desk.

“So Admiral Chegwidden briefed us on the matter. You don’t want this to go to trial?” Harm queried, “Isn’t three attorneys a bit of overkill?”

“You haven’t met Chief Kendrick yet.” Animal informed him. “The Chief has a reputation for being set in his ways.”

Harm read that as stubborn cranky old goat. He nodded.

“I asked for advisory counsel so that he has legal counsel for the captain’s mast that is being undertaken tomorrow. “ Animal continued. “His mistake could have cost VF-41 a much-needed airframe, potentially an aircrew and if the hypothetical situation deteriorated into the airframe digging a hole in a populated area in Virginia Beach, there would be civilian casualties,” he let out a frustrated breath and brought his hand open palm down on the desk. “I don’t have a choice. As much as I want to ignore this mistake, I can’t. I don’t want to ask a good man to turn in his retirement papers but this is a mistake I cannot overlook. I have no choice but to end his career. The UCMJ demands that I demand his resignation or send it up and let you guys sink his career under general courts-martial.” He paused and looked at Harm with a hard expression. “Those are my two choices considering the error of this magnitude.” He paused for a long moment and stated, pain in his voice, “I’ve known the Chief since he was a AM2 and I was a fresh faced JG just in from FRS. It gives me no joy to do this. I’m asking you three…to convince him. Make him accept the deal that is on the table. Make him understand the choices he’s facing tomorrow at Captain’s mast. And that I have to send this up the line if he refuses and decides that he wants judgement under general courts-martial.” He turned to face the dark window. “I can’t protect him from the fallout if he chooses the latter.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Not doing much in the summer heat. It's 31ºC (88ºF) in here. But I've been playing my game and took some screenshots. :smile:

Simselfies:

dCkGfCt.jpg

FhLOMbr.jpg

Last day of school for my younger sim-relatives Susanne & Jessica :smile:

mxPJ3nB.jpg

7UHTEc7.jpg

bS9p6X2.jpg

YwzURXs.jpg

Newprofilepic.com is a fun app/site to make cool sim portraits. :smiley: But it has a tendency to make blue eyes too light sometimes.

LJLlMOx.jpg

Susanne is photogenic. :smile:

lkY9HLn.jpg

R9yBsxP.jpg

Lu09zli.jpg

cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    Hello All. My internet has slowed down considerably. My 30 minute video that I started l loading to YouTube 23 hours ago is now 44% loaded. At this rate I suspect it's going to take me 2 days to get it loaded.
  • Options
    viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    I recently started up a legacy in Aurora Skies (first time using this world and I love it already). I was planning on only having one kid for the first gen due to being short on time and money, especially since one of my rules is each gen needs to reach their LTW and top of their career.

But my founder's husband was about to head to bed when he spotted a mysterious glow he had to check out. Two days of unexpected weight gain later and we've now got two kids, one of whom can't even be used as the heir.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top