Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming EP: High School

Comments

• Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    I am going to bet on this being real. The translation update and that bed description feel like major clues. I just hope the gameplay will feel more appealing than the one university had since i still cannot bring myself to try that one, it seems a little boring and grindy.

I belive its real as well. I'm just hoping the title is a placeholder and it's more of a generations type EP with more school and after school type activities and gameplay for toddlers, child's, and teen sims.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,843 Member
    More and more websites (shops) all over the planet (US, UK, France, Switzerland) are adding "The Sims 4 - High School" with a release date set to "July 28th".
    I believe it is true.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,548 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    More and more websites (shops) all over the planet (US, UK, France, Switzerland) are adding "The Sims 4 - High School" with a release date set to "July 28th".
    I believe it is true.

:p I think I had better hold off sending the final half of my teens to Uni.
    I have the perfect setup for high school play right now.
    I am going to bet on this being real. The translation update and that bed description feel like major clues. I just hope the gameplay will feel more appealing than the one university had since i still cannot bring myself to try that one, it seems a little boring and grindy.

It does feel grindy. In order for me to really enjoy it, I would have to lighten my course loads, but that just makes getting through Uni longer.
    Most of my fun has been making over the dormies and giving them interesting personalities. I have added so many of them to my world since they are close friends to my main sims and I simply like them. I would rather have them in the world than some of the townies and the flood of randoms.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    Now that some time has passed, I definitely think this pack is coming. My guess is the pack is truly titled "High School" and academics will be a part of it, but I'm assuming the pack is based around that stage of a sim's life - teenage years. I don't think that the pack would include anything for children, but truthfully I'm totally okay with that. I could be wrong, but I have my doubts. I think the sims community has been criticizing the teen life stage since the base game launched, so I don't mind if an entire pack is created to help flesh out the teenagers. Overall, whatever direction this pack ends up going in will be alright with me as long as it adds more value to family gameplay. I'm really excited for this pack's potential if it turns out to come to light!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    jpajari wrote: »
    Now that some time has passed, I definitely think this pack is coming. My guess is the pack is truly titled "High School" and academics will be a part of it, but I'm assuming the pack is based around that stage of a sim's life - teenage years. I don't think that the pack would include anything for children, but truthfully I'm totally okay with that. I could be wrong, but I have my doubts. I think the sims community has been criticizing the teen life stage since the base game launched, so I don't mind if an entire pack is created to help flesh out the teenagers. Overall, whatever direction this pack ends up going in will be alright with me as long as it adds more value to family gameplay. I'm really excited for this pack's potential if it turns out to come to light!

Yea simmers have been begging for teen content and I've seen people on various sites complain about them for years and now everyone is like ehhhh.. I don't want a whole pack on just teens....
    Well, we just a whole pack about werewolves and it's literally the best ever.
    I would have thought to see much more excitement just around the idea.
    And based on the survey we had about highschool it certainly didn't sound like it's "all" about grinding school. It sounded like a lot of fun teen stuff.
    (Possible) bands, cherrleading, cliques, fan clubs etc. If I'm not mistaken growing pains was apart of the survey too. If they were to add that aspect it would be really interesting.
    There is just so many things they could do with this theme I don't see how it could be that bad either way lol
    As long as I can make my school and use the school features to roleplay my own school I'm super excited for this. Really curious on how they did this pack because I'm sure they know most people have multiple teens in a house and want to play with all of their teens at school....
    I refuse to play active careers because I want to play with my sims together at work.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    beckyx1991beckyx1991 Posts: 19 Member
    I so hope that this is true.
    EA have been right with my gameplay, I don't play toddlers/children/teens much because the current content they have is really dry or just doing adult stuff.
    Sometimes I find myself skipping to birthdays just to make the teens adults because they might as well advance in their career/skills as an adult.
    If this pack is coming, I have so much hope for it!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,004 Member

I agree, I play rotationally and tried Discover University with the Pleasant sisters for a week. It just wasn’t any fun for me. I enjoyed TS2’s University much more.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I'm hoping that teen sims can arrive at their high school like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZjviMmXIY8

...with their peers laughing at them afterwards.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,790 Member
    edited June 2022
    This is a great time to bring cars to the game. I want to be able to teach my teen how to drive or send him to driving school. How about being able to surprise him with his first car. With a new car comes the responsibility of helping his parents out by picking his little sister, Lexie, up from school.
    Aaron's parents, Oliver and Deborah, surprise their son with a new car. We've got the family car in the background and Aaron's new yellow Hummer. Even Kipper their family dog is excited as he looks forward to sticking his head out the car window. Hoping cars get added to the game so that I can make this happen.
    First-Car.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    jpajari wrote: »

Yea simmers have been begging for teen content and I've seen people on various sites complain about them for years and now everyone is like ehhhh.. I don't want a whole pack on just teens....
    Well, we just a whole pack about werewolves and it's literally the best ever.
    I would have thought to see much more excitement just around the idea.
    And based on the survey we had about highschool it certainly didn't sound like it's "all" about grinding school. It sounded like a lot of fun teen stuff.
    (Possible) bands, cherrleading, cliques, fan clubs etc. If I'm not mistaken growing pains was apart of the survey too. If they were to add that aspect it would be really interesting.
    There is just so many things they could do with this theme I don't see how it could be that bad either way lol
    As long as I can make my school and use the school features to roleplay my own school I'm super excited for this. Really curious on how they did this pack because I'm sure they know most people have multiple teens in a house and want to play with all of their teens at school....
    I refuse to play active careers because I want to play with my sims together at work.

well you can't please everyone.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,492 Member
    edited June 2022
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    I'm hoping that teen sims can arrive at their high school like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZjviMmXIY8

...with their peers laughing at them afterwards.

As someone who lives in a country where you are not allowed to drive until you are legally an adult, 18 years, cars and high school seem to have nothing in common. :D;) . In fact in the previous sims games I never let my teens drive because I constantly forgot they could drive at that age. Despite seeing teens drive in many movies.

Anyway, since so many simmers ask for cars, I hope we can get them at some point.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,650 Member
    I would also like a refresh of university if/when highschool comes out like the highschool tour the campus and they pick what campus best suits them. I also want more activities in uni or fairs in uni also be notified of events happening instead of just coming across it by going to the place. University is so boring because we only get notifications on what's happening during the weekend what about the weekday when they finish classes get a notification like the tea and poetry reading or instead of notifications mark it on the calendar all what's happening in the university so it won't feel boring to players.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Wow apparently the modder SHEnanigans recently got hired by the sims too!! I was wondering why I could no longer find her mods to check for updates.😱😱😱 Mainly I was using her drama mod and little add on things like Sims being able to say thank you. She did social mods, she had a private school mod 👀 a funeral mod and probably others but I didn't use many so not sure.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    This is a great time to bring cars to the game. I want to be able to teach my teen how to drive or send him to driving school. How about being able to surprise him with his first car. With a new car comes the responsibility of helping his parents out by picking his little sister, Lexie, up from school.
    Aaron's parents, Oliver and Deborah, surprise their son with a new car. We've got the family car in the background and Aaron's new yellow Hummer. Even Kipper their family dog is excited as he looks forward to sticking his head out the car window. Hoping cars get added to the game so that I can make this happen.
    First-Car.jpg

If not cars they should at least add the school bus from all previous Sims games that stops infront of your lot and takes Sims to school.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,384 Member
    edited June 2022
    First-Car.jpg

If not cars they should at least add the school bus from all previous Sims games that stops infront of your lot and takes Sims to school.

I already imagine how it will look weird at Windenburg, San Myshuno, Forgotten Hollow, Sulani, GlimmerBrook, Mt. Komorebi, Moonwoon Mill...

School bus is the same category as elevator and Gondola lift : Too much of work in term of animation + no gain in term of gameplay

Fashion District, San Myshuno
    ts4_co10.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,506 Member
    First-Car.jpg

I already imagine how it will look weird at Windenburg, San Myshuno, Forgotten Hollow, Sulani, GlimmerBrook, Mt. Komorebi, Moonwoon Mill...

School bus is the same category as elevator and Gondola lift : Too much of work in term of animation + no gain in term of gameplay

ts4_co10.jpg

Since it's all expensive apartments in that district maybe school kids get a helicopter ride de to school. Or at least a limousine with a driver. There has to be a way to get up there with a truck or bus to deliver furniture and stuff, access is probably from the building below. I would actually prefer it if not everyone got a yellow school bus.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2022
    First-Car.jpg

ts4_co10.jpg

They should add school busses where it makes sense, like in almost any other world.
    Special neighborhoods where there are no streets should keep the current formula of Sims disappearing into thin air.

There are many Simmers that want school busses to return, especially for storytelling purposes.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,751 Member
    edited June 2022
    First-Car.jpg

ts4_co10.jpg

They would need to do some new routing where sims spawn and despawn in some neighborhoods if they would like to add a bus or a car animation when they are leaving the lot but I don't think it will look too out of place.

As for gameplay, there is currently no gameplay in the game when it comes to long distance travel so they would have to add benefits and disadvantages to that first, just like the benefits and disadvantages that you get when adding a laundry machine to your lot for example so we get reasons for using the school bus, using a car pool, teaching teens to drive and buying cars for our sims.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,438 Member
    Do we expect the trailer today?
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I'm not really expecting an active school lot although I 've enjoyed Zerbu's version. (Perhaps he will be expanding his mod!) I expect we will get a variety of rabbit hole schools that include skill building in different areas. There might be the regular public school and a number of different private or charter schools. There could be one for the arts, one for gifted students, an expensive private school for the wealthy, and maybe an occult school too.

It would be nice if we had a school from home option too. It might be difficult for a werewolf teen to attend regular school everyday. And some might like the option to homeschool, going in only for exams.

I would like buses in certain neighborhoods, but others it might be more logical to walk or ride a bike or broom to school.

I am hoping for more after school activities, including some new events like school dances and parties. Maybe bands and sports could be a thing too.

I wish we were also getting similar things for younger students, but I'm afraid they will get left out again.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,165 Member
    Do we expect the trailer today?

I would think the July/August/Sept Roadmap would drop first.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,843 Member

So, the high school rumor seems to be true! (Picture at the bottom right!)
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,360 Member
    Okay, it is real.

I will now allow myself some excitement (and, let's be honest, more than a little trepidation) about the School pack that I've felt was in the works since Nifty Knitting (which may be about when it went on the schedule.)
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,899 Member
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY !!
    Erja888 wrote: »

So, the high school rumor seems to be true! (Picture at the bottom right!)