Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming EP: High School

Comments

• Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,332 Member
    If its high school why the hint include crayons, does it include kindergarten for toddlers?

I'm sure if they did it'll be rabbithole and I don't mind but for high school I'll be extremely disappointed if they just disappear into nowhere and you get notifications of what's happening..

I want to be there with my sim, lemme remind you guys this is EP not a GP so it's not too big to add it..
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    If its high school why the hint include crayons, does it include kindergarten for toddlers?

I'm sure if they did it'll be rabbithole and I don't mind but for high school I'll be extremely disappointed if they just disappear into nowhere and you get notifications of what's happening..

I want to be there with my sim, lemme remind you guys this is EP not a GP so it's not too big to add it..

It's not proven to be a crayon though. It could be a pencil. Rember sims pencils are fat and huge compared to an actual slender pencil.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,790 Member
    edited June 2022
    graventhe wrote: »

Enlarge the image on your phone and you'll see that it looks like two pencils. Crayons don't have erasers on them. Plus, why would crayons be under a high school graduation cap? 😂

Hoping we get a trailer for the new EP next week.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,610 Member
    I really hope it's not just high school focused solely. I'd like elementary/middle/primary to get some focus as well. Along with potential private school or home schooling options.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,790 Member
    Besides for babies, teens are the only age group that hasn't had anything released that only focused on them. It is about time because teens have been overlooked for the longest.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2022
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    We might get a Southwestern themed world/ build kit, judging from the cactuses and the fact that the pack will be American High School themed

I don't think we will get a world with the EP because we already have two new worlds with MWS. and W. I mean if we do awesome but idk.

We should get a new world with every EP (and most GPs) as the default, unless there is some extremely unique and compelling reason not to.

E.g., Seasons is the only EP so far that has not had a world, and while it was disappointing, it was somewhat understandable, given the intricacies of the weather and calendar systems.

Or we might get a high school for each big world. For example in Mt. Komorebi they use school uniforms, which doesn‘t happen in other worlds. This might indicate that a world with at least 3 neighborhoods gets a high school lot that is in the style of that world

They could easily design a hidden neighborhood for each big world that has a high school.

The following worlds have at least 3 neighborhoods and could get their own school lot:
    • Willow Creek
    • Oasis Springs
    • Newcrest (Could share a school lot with Willow Creek)
    • Windenburg
    • San Myshuno
    • Brindleton Bay
    • Del Sol Valley
    • Sulani
    • Britechester
    • Evergreen Harbor
    • Mt. Komorebi
    • Henford-on-Bagley (Could share a school lot with Britechester)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    We might get a Southwestern themed world/ build kit, judging from the cactuses and the fact that the pack will be American High School themed

I don't think we will get a world with the EP because we already have two new worlds with MWS. and W. I mean if we do awesome but idk.

We should get a new world with every EP (and most GPs) as the default, unless there is some extremely unique and compelling reason not to.

E.g., Seasons is the only EP so far that has not had a world, and while it was disappointing, it was somewhat understandable, given the intricacies of the weather and calendar systems.

Or we might get a high school for each big world. For example in Mt. Komorebi they use school uniforms, which doesn‘t happen in other worlds. This might indicate that a world with at least 3 neighborhoods gets a high school lot that is in the style of that world

They could easily design a hidden neighborhood for each big world that has a high school.

The following worlds have at least 3 neighborhoods and could get their own school lot:
    • Willow Creek
    • Oasis Springs
    • Windenburg
    • San Myshuno
    • Brindleton Bay
    • Del Sol Valley
    • Sulani
    • Britechester
    • Evergreen Harbor
    • Mt. Komorebi
    OK! But with Newcrest, it looks like Northeastern US to me, so I would suggest that Newcrest should share a school lot with Evergreen Harbor. Cause the reason why that Newcrest might look like Northeastern US to me, it's because I live in the south side of New Jersey, and in the north side of New Jersey, they have factories, refineries, and industrial parks where me and my mom were on the turnpike to discover all of them
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    edited June 2022
    One game leak now has this as it's description. "In the upcoming High School expansion for the Sims 4, you'll experience your teenage Sims' school days up close and personal. Ensure the right balance of learning free time, friendships and homework, and maybe even their first love.

It sounds good so far up close and personal does not sound like a boring rabbit hole to me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    I hope the pack is not only about going to school but adds more gameplay for teens outside of school. If it doesn’t it wouldn’t understand why elementary school arent included
  • Options
    ThisSentenceIsALieThisSentenceIsALie Posts: 78 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    One game leak now has this as it's description. "In the upcoming High School expansion for the Sims 4, you'll experience your teenage Sims' school days up close and personal. Ensure the right balance of learning free time, friendships and homework, and maybe even their first love."

"Up close and personal", it sounds really great! Although, the control-freak in me really would like to have a rabbit hole option too, so I can choose which sims I control over the day and maybe switch around o:)
    /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,390 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Besides for babies, teens are the only age group that hasn't had anything released that only focused on them. It is about time because teens have been overlooked for the longest.

GP05 Parenthood gave them some content but I agree

Toddler -> Toddler Stuff
    Children -> Kids Room Stuff, My First Pet Stuff and Little Campers Kit.
  • Options
    Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    I wonder if we will get summer break in this high school pack.

We don't need summer break in the new pack. You can already do that if you own Seasons. I'm currently doing that in my game. Just set a summer break holiday Mon-Fri with no traditions and give kids the day off. Adults with jobs can still go to work.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,755 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    One game leak now has this as it's description. "In the upcoming High School expansion for the Sims 4, you'll experience your teenage Sims' school days up close and personal. Ensure the right balance of learning free time, friendships and homework, and maybe even their first love.

It sounds good so far up close and personal does not sound like a boring rabbit hole to me.

I agree. I was expecting more variety of rabbit hole schools, but this sounds like an active school lot.

I still hope we get a variety of school lots. I don't expect one for each world, but maybe a choice of three.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

• Willow Creek
    • Oasis Springs
    • Windenburg
    • San Myshuno
    • Brindleton Bay
    • Del Sol Valley
    • Sulani
    • Britechester
    • Evergreen Harbor
    • Mt. Komorebi
    OK! But with Newcrest, it looks like Northeastern US to me, so I would suggest that Newcrest should share a school lot with Evergreen Harbor. Cause the reason why that Newcrest might look like Northeastern US to me, it's because I live in the south side of New Jersey, and in the north side of New Jersey, they have factories, refineries, and industrial parks where me and my mom were on the turnpike to discover all of them

Evergreen Harbor is based on the Pacific Northwest (Washington, Oregon etc) not the Northeast. Meanwhile New rest uses identical assets and locales as Willow Creek and Magnolia Promenade, which is loosely based on New Orleans.

The only Northeast world we have is Brindleton Bay.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Drago97232 wrote: »
    I hope the pack is not only about going to school but adds more gameplay for teens outside of school. If it doesn’t it wouldn’t understand why elementary school arent included

I'm going to expect a lot of disappointment in this thread when it turns out the High School pack is actually based on High School. Especially given the supposed leaked description.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I’m convinced now, looking forward to details that come out
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    FWWb47VXwAQ3OUh?format=jpg&name=large
    What do you guys think these hints mean?
    Boba tea 🤤
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Is high school going to be a regurgitation of Discover University? If so I hope we can rabbit hole it. After about three times going to school with your sims is tedious to the point of crying.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,360 Member
    I guess what I don't get about Active School is reconciling my memories of HS (which involves 5-7 42 minute classes and 5 minute passing periods) with the technical limitations of the Sims. (Per my kid who graduated 4 years ago, her school day was more or less the same.)

There's no way they can go through what I'd consider a "normal" school day - each class would be less than 1 real time minute long, and changing classrooms would be almost impossible. By the time you selected a sim to pass a note to, the class would be over. And forget socializing at lunch.

So they'd have to go with something else.

One class with Self Directed study, Montessori style? Certainly an option, but not actually what school is like in the US for most people.

A different subject each day? Might be interesting for Science, be boring as all get out for Math, English, and History (and the way History is taught in the US, it's already plenty boring.) And if the only options are either be bored or be disruptive, that's not a very interesting game choice, because it means that you're "punished" with boring gameplay for wanting to portray a good student. Not everyone wants to play the Class Clown all the time. (And I'm pretty sure that kids don't pass notes these days. It's either secretly text, or if they're allowed laptops - use a messenger app.)

I honestly can't come up with anything else that would be true to a *High School* experience that would even kinda be viable. Anything else I can think of is more or less Discover University Redux, and while a lot of HS claim that part of what they're doing is getting you ready for College, the experiences are not the same.

If we do have an Active School day, I only hope that the rest of the pack adds enough after school programs to make it worth my money.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,493 Member

I wasn't expecting the trailer this week. I'm blown away. Look for my Official Countdown Thread Tomorrow.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I find it hard to be enthusiastic about his pack, more schooling - na. Besides my Sims are usually rather beat when they return from school, needing food or sleep. They have to do their homework and that is pretty much it for the day. After "My Wedding Stories" I have no completion craving so the only hope for this EP is that the creators have had a very fun time making this EP and have come up with some very fun game functions and interactions.
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    edited June 2022
    After about three times going to school with your sims is tedious to the point of crying.
    That sounds like an authentic school experience! I look forward to it!

I'm pretty sure it'll be somewhere between Discover University and the Active Careers. We can follow them to school, if we so wish.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I hope a rabbit hole private school and after school activities are part of the expansion.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,899 Member
    Me either but I guess since it’s been leaked already maybe they thought thought it wasn’t necessary to wait any longer.

I can’t wait!!

I wasn't expecting the trailer this week. I'm blown away. Look for my Official Countdown Thread Tomorrow.