Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming EP: High School

1212223242527...Next

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yeah but to me a theme park / Fair has way way more to do with middle school. You were definitely "over" rides and stuff at 17.
    So how old is high school? Cos where I live it's 12-17.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited July 2022
    @elanorbreton It's 14 to 18 where I live, since some seniors turn 18 during their last year. Middle school is 11 to 14, but some places it is 12 to 14.

Since we don't have middle school in the game though, it may be more like secondary school which would include both.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited July 2022
    telemwill wrote: »
    @elanorbreton It's 14 to 18 where I live, since some seniors turn 18 during their last year. Middle school is 11 to 14, but some places it is 12 to 14.
    Ohhh, ok, thanks. Our middle school is like 8-11 lol.
  • Options
    PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    This is what I'm used to:

Education-Levels-UK_Schools.png

US for comparison:

U.S.-education-levels-chart.png

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    PhilSims wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    my question is what does a theme park/fair have to do with high school? I think something theme-park inspired should be in it's own EP since you could do much more with it in it's own EP

High School Years is not just about school, rather the whole life experience:
    KEY FEATURES
    EXPERIENCE HIGH SCHOOL
    Experience all the ups and downs of high school. Attend classes in person, get to know your teachers, hang out in the cafeteria, and even decorate your locker! Your most treasured moments might happen while loitering around with your friends after school.

If a fair is around you can bet it's a teen hangout!

Yeah but to me a theme park / Fair has way way more to do with middle school. You were definitely "over" rides and stuff at 17.

Depends on the rides. Thrill rides are very much an any age thing. And dark rides can be pretty popular with older kids too, especially the ones intended to make your date jump so you can comfort them. These probably aren't Disney World dark rides (which, honestly, can be a nice break)
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    my question is what does a theme park/fair have to do with high school? I think something theme-park inspired should be in it's own EP since you could do much more with it in it's own EP

KEY FEATURES
    EXPERIENCE HIGH SCHOOL
    Experience all the ups and downs of high school. Attend classes in person, get to know your teachers, hang out in the cafeteria, and even decorate your locker! Your most treasured moments might happen while loitering around with your friends after school.

I'm from Los Angeles and our Grad Night back in 94' from our/other High Schools was Disney Land. We had to be in Formal wear. It was nice. Then we graduated the next morning. :) We also had a prom and after prom. I only went to the prom.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited July 2022

KEY FEATURES
    EXPERIENCE HIGH SCHOOL

Let's agree to disagree!!

Edited to add:

From a 2017 study:
    The report found that 18-29 year olds are the largest group of theme park visitors at 46 percent

https://www.themeparktribune.com/theme-park-demographics-changing-higher-incomes-and-more-millennials/

Maybe it's a regional thing, again. Over here "Carnivals" are few and far between, and VERY expensive, so if you live in 99.7% of the country you literally cannot go hang out at an amusement park, and even if you lived near one it would cost you your month's allowance for one afternoon.

So basically the only people going to amusement parks are families with younger kids, as say part of a vacation trip or birthday celebration.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Now they need to add a waterpark.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2022

KEY FEATURES
    EXPERIENCE HIGH SCHOOL

I'm in my early 30s and my husband is nearing 40. We visit Six Flags (which is a theme park) every other year if money allows. No kids. We just enjoy roller coasters. I don't think it's uncommon at least in the US. A fair is very different and doesn't cost as much. I refuse to get on rides that literally fold up for easy travel. No thank you.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

KEY FEATURES
    EXPERIENCE HIGH SCHOOL

Let's agree to disagree!!

Edited to add:

From a 2017 study:
    The report found that 18-29 year olds are the largest group of theme park visitors at 46 percent

https://www.themeparktribune.com/theme-park-demographics-changing-higher-incomes-and-more-millennials/

Maybe it's a regional thing, again. Over here "Carnivals" are few and far between, and VERY expensive, so if you live in 99.7% of the country you literally cannot go hang out at an amusement park, and even if you lived near one it would cost you your month's allowance for one afternoon.

So basically the only people going to amusement parks are families with younger kids, as say part of a vacation trip or birthday celebration.

If you live near an amusement park, families often have season passes which cost less than two days at the park. If you work in the area even these can be discounted. And if you work at the park, you often get free season passes for your family. I had them when I worked one between high school and college.

If you live further away and only make it once or twice a season, it is an even bigger deal. We live an hour and a half away; my teens usually got season passes for Christmas. They would go once or twice with us(bringing as many friends as could fit in our van), do the same with their aunt and grandparents, and then go with their friends' families. And of course it's a popular youth group activity too.

I am in my sixties and for my last anniversary, we rode every coaster in the park. Admittedly, we decided we would never do that again. Haha! We were so sore. But it was fun!
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I have been going to amusement parks since I was a preteen. My family and I have always gone to an amusement park once, sometimes twice, a year ever since. We are still going, and although I am older now I still love the rides, especially the roller coasters! If it goes high, in loops or upside down, I am on it! My daughter doesn't like roller coasters, so I have always been the one to go on with my grandchildren. As a family, we always enjoy the Fright Fest in October at Six Flags.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Assuming the leaked map is true, I really hope the school is actually a new lot type and not just one school. Otherwise Im not sure how the pack could qualify for an "expansion" pack if it couldn't expand upon gameplay for the whole game and not just one world.

I also hope that non playable teens will be pulled from the neighborhood pool and the school won't be just solely full of recently spawned teens. I can understand how that was necessary for university but it wouldn't make sense for teens.

Also, I am REALLY hoping that active school sessions are eligible for multiple teen sims in a household at once and not just a "pick or choose" situation. I love having big families and being only able to pilot one teen sim during school hours would be awful.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member

KEY FEATURES
    EXPERIENCE HIGH SCHOOL

Maybe it depends on where you live and the type of ride and theme park/fair. But in my state, we have all sorts of theme parks and fairs that has rides and events for all ages. Sure we got the typical Disneyland and Magic Mountain, etc...along with county and state fairs; but there are also Renaissance fairs, etc....so here people aren't over it completely by 17.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The problem I have with this amusement park is it s in a public space and we can't edit the lot and add more stuff without a mod.

Well it's a new week and we're getting a Livestream and possibly a Gameplay Trailer and after the Livestream we may get Early Asscess from the Game Changers so the floodgates for this pack could open up after the Livestream this week.
  • Options
    BurgoBurgo Posts: 10 New Member
    I can't even attend high school with the sims at all. There is no option to join them at school. Don't know what is happening. I was looking forward to play the game
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Burgo wrote: »
    I can't even attend high school with the sims at all. There is no option to join them at school. Don't know what is happening. I was looking forward to play the game

On the place where you can choose to go to school, there's a box to enable notification (I think that's what it says). If you say yes, you'll get a pop-up at 8 am on schooldays, asking whether you want to join your Sim, similar to what you get for the Get to Work careers.
  • Options
    There is nothing coming up at all. What do i have to do to choose what school to go to?
  • Options
    > @MVWdeZT said:
    > On the place where you can choose to go to school, there's a box to enable notification (I think that's what it says). If you say yes, you'll get a pop-up at 8 am on schooldays, asking whether you want to join your Sim, similar to what you get for the Get to Work careers.

There is nothing coming up at all. There must be a glitch somewhere cause it's not working
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited July 2022
    @Burgo,

You might be able to find the answer in this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1001999/i-cant-follow-my-sim-to-high-school#latest.

In the Jobs section, underneath where it says High School C Student, is a line "Enable Follow Messages". That should be green and On.

• Options
    > @MVWdeZT said:
    > @Burgo,
    >
    > You might be able to find the answer in this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1001999/i-cant-follow-my-sim-to-high-school#latest.
    >
    > In the Jobs section, underneath where it says High School C Student, is a line "Enable Follow Messages". That should be green and On.

That doesn't even come up at all. It's just says high school c student. That's it