Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming EP: High School

Comments

• Options
    lakirelakire Posts: 75 Member
    I REALLY hope the amusement park stuff will make it to the final game! That Ferris wheel looked AMAZING! This gonna be a Pre-order for me no matter what!
    Don't know when I was this excited for a TS4 pack last time!!!
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    My initial thoughts are better than I was previously expecting ... however
    I am concerned they showed very little of the high school content of this high school pack, most of it relating to stuff outside of class. How's it going to work? Fully open with daily tasks, like Get to Work? Rabbit hole classes with open extra curriculars like Discover University? Or just set dressing to take pictures like My Wedding Stories? I'm also concerned how customisable the school lot is (and I don't care if one of the community's anointed content creators built it), and how will this work with other worlds? Can we build one in Oasis Springs so our desert dwellers aren't going to a completely different biome every time they go to school?

I'm also concerned how much of the trailer's focus is on the prom (though to be fair, that was a big, nay only, thing I saw wanted by the community from a school pack), but I just feel it's going to be lackluster and no different to a party hosted on a lounge lot.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 763 Member
    I didn’t see them mention amusement park as a new lot type. I really hope it is. So I can use those assets in other worlds. That would really go a long way to making the pack worth it.

I really really really hope that they added the pillow fight animation for kid Sims.

I hope that the after score activities can also be rabbit holes. I want cheerleading to be at least a mini skill. I don’t notice any new skill mentioned.

But even with all those concerns, I will be getting this pack. playing teens can get boring and even adding a little to it is enough for me

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    It does look really good, but I'm insanely disappointed that we won't be getting any new musical instruments. As a former "band geek", my band family was the only way I got through high school. I loathed the sports department so to see them get the focus again stinks.
  • Options
    It does look really good, but I'm insanely disappointed that we won't be getting any new musical instruments. As a former "band geek", my band family was the only way I got through high school. I loathed the sports department so to see them get the focus again stinks.

I’m really surprised they didn’t mention any band clubs. Even with the existing instruments we have.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I didn’t see them mention amusement park as a new lot type. I really hope it is. So I can use those assets in other worlds. That would really go a long way to making the pack worth it.

It's hard to tell from the trailer, but I have a sneaking suspicion the amusement park area is going to be a non-lot area, much like the pack hangouts in Werewolves, or the festival area in Cottage Living.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,738 Member
    It's looking very promising so far. If we are going to be able to create different scenarios, build different High Schools and have different outcomes with different sims, then this pack could turn out really good.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I mean it looks kind of cool and I often get bored with teens so this would add a lot to that lifestage. As a European I'm not that fussed about cheerleading, big high school graduations, promposals etc. though. Although maybe that's also cos I'm old, not sure if that kind of thing has spread more outside of North America now. I'm also wondering how you're supposed to control a teen at school but also what happens to the younger kids, and if you have adults with active careers?

Also it's a shame teens still look the same as young adults.

I have the same problem with boredom. I rarely play teens. Toddler is my fav life stage for younger sims. School kids are just meh. But part of it is because I’m not family player so I may be biased.

Trailer is very colorful and many actions seemed posed to me. I will be cautious and see how much REAL gameplay is there and how much was made for the sake of the video (looking at you, Snowy Escape and My Wedding Stories). I hope there will be live stream or any gameplay focused trailer. It does have Discover University vibes though and I don’t use this pack much.

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Really loving what I saw so far! :grin:

Prom, graduation, science fair, cheerleading (and football?), pranks, sneaking out after curfew, an amusement park, etc. All sounds great to me! 🤗👍

Will have to see how they handle the high school academic part, though. Like, how long is high school, how classes work, and if there is a rabbit hole option, etc.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »

It's hard to tell from the trailer, but I have a sneaking suspicion the amusement park area is going to be a non-lot area, much like the pack hangouts in Werewolves, or the festival area in Cottage Living.

That’s what I’m thinking too. Which would be very disappointing.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,738 Member
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    I mean it looks kind of cool and I often get bored with teens so this would add a lot to that lifestage. As a European I'm not that fussed about cheerleading, big high school graduations, promposals etc. though. Although maybe that's also cos I'm old, not sure if that kind of thing has spread more outside of North America now. I'm also wondering how you're supposed to control a teen at school but also what happens to the younger kids, and if you have adults with active careers?

Also it's a shame teens still look the same as young adults.

I have the same problem with boredom. I rarely play teens. Toddler is my fav life stage for younger sims. School kids are just meh. But part of it is because I’m not family player so I may be biased.

Trailer is very colorful and many actions seemed posed to me. I will be cautious and see how much REAL gameplay is there and how much was made for the sake of the video (looking at you, Snowy Escape and My Wedding Stories). I hope there will be live stream or any gameplay focused trailer. It does have Discover University vibes though and I don’t use this pack much.

That's a good mindset. We don't know how much in this trailer that was trailer magic, I would like to create a socially awkward romantic sim, a mr popular etc. but if there are no mechanics like that in the game and everyone will behave the same and do push ups in the corridors, then I will struggle as well to come up with things to do.

I hope that this pack will enhance teen gameplay and how we can play with them.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    First they want $20 for weddings and now $40 for proms. I use weddings a lot more in my game than I play with teens. Unless the amusement parks are amazing, which I don’t think they are, I’m going pass (or at least wait for a sale)

Also, I was kind of hoping for bands and theater.
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I have mixed feelings. I like the idea of high school but a whole expansion pack devoted to it? We will see. I'll just wait for more information to be released about the world and objects.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,358 Member
    Looking on the blog post, there aren't nearly enough after school clubs for my liking. And Get Together's club system isn't going to cut it, because it only covers activities, not interests.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited June 2022

Prom, graduation, science fair, cheerleading (and football?), pranks, sneaking out after curfew, an amusement park, etc. All sounds great to me! 🤗👍

Will have to see how they handle the high school academic part, though. Like, how long is high school, how classes work, and if there is a rabbit hole option, etc.

I don’t want to be that guy, but sneaking out was most likely just for show. Sims houses are not meant to be exit any other way than through a door. Sims can’t even open the window, lol. Of course I would be more than happy if it wasn’t. 😁

I liked pillow fighting thought and cheerleaders classes and I also want to see how the active classroom works. There is still possibility it’s like University and we will only walk through corridor.

• Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I'll need to see more details - there seems to be some nice additions, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's more empty than it might seem right now. There's always trailer magic. I just want to know how much actually works without sims acting stupid and ruining things.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,109 Member
    I just watched the trailer which i enjoyed but i couldn't help thinking i was watching a trailer for a new teen Netflix series instead of expansion pack! :D
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 674 Member
    So much content! Very impressed!
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member

I don’t want to be that guy, but sneaking out was most likely just for show. Sims houses are not meant to be exit any other way than through a door. Sims can’t even open the window, lol. Of course I would be more than happy if it wasn’t. 😁

I liked pillow fighting thought and cheerleaders classes and I also want to see how the active classroom works. There is still possibility it’s like University and we will only walk through corridor.

I think there’s a certain item you have to put under the window to allow them to climb out.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options

New feature mentioned in the blog post.
    “ Sims can exit the house via The E window and trellis ladder, and climb down the side of a house.”
  • Options
    BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    Apricus wrote: »

I think there’s a certain item you have to put under the window to allow them to climb out.

There is a specific window that comes with the pack to allow sneaking out.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    This one is a definite buy. My daughter, who aged up to Teen a few months ago, gives it a bouncy, squealy seal of approval. :p<3
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    ...reading the blog post and MAN I HAVE GOTTEN OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE YOUTHS.

But also, I adore Molly.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,449 Member

New feature mentioned in the blog post.
    “ Sims can exit the house via The E window and trellis ladder, and climb down the side of a house.”

I love that trellis ladder, wonder if we will be able to use it as decoration only.