Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming EP: High School

Comments

• Options
    xdawnxxdawnx Posts: 81 Member
    I personally would like to see a High School pack but I'm one of those players that would like more family game play for the Sims 4 and certainly one aimed towards teens.

Werewolves aren't my thing and probably won't be purchasing but that's not to say that I don't think we should have them for other people that do.

I think over time we will get what we would all like to see in the Sims 4, its just unfortunately going to take a while.
    Look for my lot creations on the gallery luckylady88 ;)
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2022
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 ..You always bring an interesting colorful perspective to things. Many times I find myself lol. So, thank you. :smiley:
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Plumbeeb wrote: »
    I must be the only one who hates the idea of this. I played Discover University like one time, and while it was alright, I've never rushed to send my sims off to university again. I don't see myself getting much use out of another school focused pack, what a bummer.

I don’t want a high school pack either. I’m mostly a realism/family player, but I never play with teens. My families only have kids and toddlers that I never age up.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    If they add a costume category, this would provide a great opportunity to have homecoming themed events. Add more dancing animations were Sims are actually facing each other and dancing together would also be nice.

Extracurricular Activities for Teens that might be added:
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    fae_brass wrote: »
    Do you think it is likely we'll get a patch updating teens to look more like teens? A little shorter but lanky looking. This is a prime opportunity to do it if they are going to.

I think they should just give us height slider or preset heights. Currently you can make teens look as skinny or big as you want. I love that we have the choice on how we want teens to look. It would be really limiting if all my teens had to be skinny shrimpy and short lol. 😆
    Right now I have a wide variety of big/little/tall/short/skinny/fat teens but it's the height slider mod that helps a lot.
    Teens do look like teens if you play with CAS features. There is nothing they can do to make them look "more like teens" besides optional height shortness.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Clueless was such a funny teen comedy. I wouldn't mind if they took a page about high school life from this because I'm hoping teens can have a variety of personalities.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgjwq1ZzdPQ

Listed below are items from an EA survey. I wonder how would they even do the bolded items. One of my hopes is that they add more gameplay, animations, emotions and social interactions that are unique to teens.
    Growing Pains and Life Issues
    • Life is hard. Now your sims feel those physical and emotional changes as they grow up.
    Realistic reactions and emotions bring deeper connections to the world around them.

American High Schools
    • Cafeteria cliques, racy relationships and SAT struggles, the halls are alive with the sound of drama.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    I have absolutely zero interest in active classes and would never use them. That being said, while I don't understand it, I also don't begrudge anyone else who does want it, with one caveat: I do want more extracurricular activities for teens (and children!), including more clubs and after school activities, prom/dances, sneaking out/breaking curfew, etc.

So I would be very upset if they tied the active school aspect to all the rest. I.e., I would like to skip the active classes, but still have my teens able to participate in the other aspects of the pack. It would frankly suck if you had to sit through the absolute snoozefest of active classes (for me! speaking only for myself!) in order to also have your teens join the band or school newspaper or whatever.

But if they can keep those aspects separated in some way, so that you can pick and choose, then yay, I'm all for it.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    This will remain suspect to me because of the typos and the fact that we do have people out there that get a kick out of making people believe a pack they made up is coming.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Also, speaking only for myself, I have no interest whatsoever in homeschooling, but I would love to see the return of some version of the private school interviews from TS2. Those interviews were often hilarious and surprisingly stressful. (I would never have sent my kids to private school in real life, but it seems like a crucial addition for my snobby and materialistic sims.)

I was not a big fan of the boarding school option in TS3; I guess I could see how it would work as a temporary solution for people who had too large of a family or whatever, but I never used it.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited June 2022
    I hope the name was wrong and it will end being called Teenagers or something like Growing Up so it can focus on gameplay for children and teens. Those are the 2 age groups that need the most attention. I do hope that most of the gameplay does not revolve exclusively around going to an active school. Many of you have already suggested awesome ideas. I basically hope it ends up as a gameplay-rich Generations pack that focuses on children and teens.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Note, this is coming from a Swede.

I... don't see the point. Or rather I don't see the point in separating high school from middle school or the first years? Over here "high school" is definitely no different from any other year, it's just school, but I guess judging from American movies and TV shows it is a big deal over there? I guess?

Besides, having to micro manage teenagers between classes University style while they are still at home seems overwhelming to me, I can barely keep up with three sims period, even with sending them all off to rabbit hole jobs, and having to baby sit a teenager while trying to up skills and promotions for their parents seems to be a chore, and no fun at all.

I guess you could do it as a boarding school, but that is even less of an universal experience, usually reserved for the wealthy only and only in very very few countries at that.

University I get, by the times your Sim kids are YA, you usually move them to a new house and play them instead of their parents (at least I do that) so having them move to a dorm for a bit first is only logical and you don't have to juggle the rest of the family while you're there. But again my main issue with this is "Why high school?" at all? From a Swedish perspective the only real difference between grades 10 to 12 is that they aren't mandatory by unlike grades 1 to 9 so it is legal to quit school. That's it.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    In my main family the father is an actor, the mother is an astronut, the oldest girl is about to become an young adult and goto uniersity, the oldest boy is in high school and the third one is in grammar school. So no I don't see how I'm going to press in high school in that mix. For sure there is going to be negative result nd negative modlets if you buy the pack for bb and not play it.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I must be the only one who hates the idea of this. I played Discover University like one time, and while it was alright, I've never rushed to send my sims off to university again. I don't see myself getting much use out of another school focused pack, what a bummer.

I don't have any interest in it so far. Particularly since we don't even know if it is real, and more than that, I think most the theories are way too focused on what is likely nothing more than a placeholder name. They always have a placeholder name. So in all likelihood, this will be something around the concept of high school, meaning teens; things for teens to do, probably cheerleading, sports, clubs, maybe proms, and parties, first loves, and the like.

I doubt it will be taking them to classes and doing school work like in Uni. I can't imagine having to focus on a teens schooling that much. Plus then it would just be a rehash of a pack for a new age group.

I will probably be more interested once there are some actual real clues to go on. But I get why others are excited. I hope whatever it is, brings a lot of joy.

Although as I side note, I see people often say they don't like Sims 4 version of Uni, and it is funny cause I am the total opposite. This is the first time I have liked a Uni pack.. I have wondered why that is. Like what is it that makes me like it, in comparison to what others are disliking.

To clarify, it's not that I thought Discover University was a bad pack, it just wasn't a theme that interested me much. I gave it a fair shot, but there's just no replay value in gameplay that you don't find interesting enough. I compared the 'leak' to Discover University because they both have a scholar theme. Teens aren't a part of my usual gameplay and a pack with a focus on education, extra curricular activities, proms and teen romance etc, still wouldn't make me gravitate towards playing out the teen life stage more often.

I can see a lot of players are excited and hope that the leak is genuine, which is great. I'm certainly not going to hop on the 'no one asked for this' bandwagon, because that's obviously not true. Since expansion packs are few and far between, quite simply, this leak is not giving me much hope.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Very intrigued.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    edited June 2022
    Note, this is coming from a Swede.

I... don't see the point. Or rather I don't see the point in separating high school from middle school or the first years? Over here "high school" is definitely no different from any other year, it's just school, but I guess judging from American movies and TV shows it is a big deal over there? I guess?
    It certainly wasn't particularly special for me. Most of the things I've seen brought up in this thread are just as much of a movie and TV show thing for me than anything I actually experienced back in school.

I mean, that's probably enough to mine for a pack, but I wouldn't have any interest in it. As it is, I tend to prefer rabbit holes in general. When I first got a Sims pack that elaborated on what you previously had no control over (I think it was Ambitions for Sims 3?) I thought the idea was neat, but I quickly realized that I rely on the game having certain stretches of time in which you cannot control your Sims. It slows the game to a crawl and makes it way more anxiety inducing to micromanage them doing things like jobs.

I guess it makes sense to give kids more unique gameplay because your everyday goals beyond the literal necessities are very different when you're still in school in a way that the Sims doesn't represent very well, but I think it's because the difference is in a certain priority detail that the Sims abstracts over by default.

If a High School pack meant that Teens and Young Adults were made more distinct, though, I would like to see that. The Life Stages are just really weird in the Sims 4 and it never ceases to bug me.
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Do you think it is likely we'll get a patch updating teens to look more like teens? A little shorter but lanky looking. This is a prime opportunity to do it if they are going to.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for this. I wish they looked younger too. But the fact is they would have to remake every animation a teen has in the game to do this, not to mention changing all the clothing to fit a shorter body.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I have absolutely zero interest in active classes and would never use them. That being said, while I don't understand it, I also don't begrudge anyone else who does want it, with one caveat: I do want more extracurricular activities for teens (and children!), including more clubs and after school activities, prom/dances, sneaking out/breaking curfew, etc.

So I would be very upset if they tied the active school aspect to all the rest. I.e., I would like to skip the active classes, but still have my teens able to participate in the other aspects of the pack. It would frankly suck if you had to sit through the absolute snoozefest of active classes (for me! speaking only for myself!) in order to also have your teens join the band or school newspaper or whatever.

But if they can keep those aspects separated in some way, so that you can pick and choose, then yay, I'm all for it.
    Amapola76 wrote: »

You are reminding me of a time in the Sims 3 when I sent a sim that was actually a teen simbot to school.
    All the other students freaked out because she was a robot.
    Screenshot-3138.jpg

She showed up while it was crowded.
    Screenshot-3139.jpg

Then the "Eww...freaky robo-girl", reactions began.
    Screenshot-3140.jpg

They let her through, but that broke off everyones que to go to school.
    Screenshot-3141.jpg

They all started to loiter and socialize.
    Screenshot-3145.jpg

I thought it was all quite cool. This is how the game should have been for teens, allowing time to socialize with the other students.
    Screenshot-3146.jpg

I wouldn't mind dropping in them during lunch breaks, study halls, special functions, clubs, etc.
    Screenshot-3148.jpg
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    So... if this is true, I'm not looking forward to active classes, or even an active school day.

What I am looking forward to, and why I hope this is a general School Daze pack that improves both Elementary and High school, is more specific things for teens. School dances, more after school activities, maybe cars (just as fixer uppers/new way to activate loading screen/woohoo spots, I don't need them to actually drive anywhere) And I'd want at least the after school activities for kids too. I mean, my local elementary school has Robotics club and Speech and Drama and Soccer - and those are just the three I remember from when my kid was attending.

Basically, I'd want this pack to expand the Child and Teen life stages.

I'm not hoping for Pre-teens either, but that's mostly because I don't want yet another life stage that then gets minimal further support even from modders/cc artists and everyone then complains that they're not supported. Not because I actively don't want Pre-teens.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited June 2022
    Evie0602 wrote: »

I don’t want a high school pack either. I’m mostly a realism/family player, but I never play with teens. My families only have kids and toddlers that I never age up.

I play rotationally with aging off most of the time, and am a realism/family player too, but I do have fun with teens especially with the clubs, and teens definitely have been ignored in the sims 4, but then so have children, toddlers, elders, and especially babies. Teens should have been allowed to play with the void critters game, and children should have been able to ride bikes, and toddlers trikes, and babies need to be more than just an object. We should at least be able to move babies around with us, and put them in other places besides the bassinet.

I think Discover University was terrible ( though, I do use some of the items like bikes, kegs, clothes, hair and furniture. And, will eventually get around to Robotics ).

I just hope high school is playable for people like me who rotate families on an irregular basis, and play with aging off most of the time. I hope our teens aren’t forced to graduate after 6 weeks of school, and I hope active school is optional each day. We should be able to decide when they do graduate.

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    In my main family the father is an actor, the mother is an astronut, the oldest girl is about to become an young adult and goto uniersity, the oldest boy is in high school and the third one is in grammar school. So no I don't see how I'm going to press in high school in that mix. For sure there is going to be negative result nd negative modlets if you buy the pack for bb and not play it.

I’m assuming it might be like active careers where you can follow your sim, or just send them on their own ( like now ).
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    If this pack adds actual stuff, activities and actual depth to teenagers I'll be all for it but if it's just a big pack about sending them to school(which I wouldn't think it would be that basic) then I'm going to be very let down. I'm already managing sending my adults to jobs... I have no desire to manage teenagers, university style. BUT proms, sleepovers, extra curricular activities outside school, sports and such to really enhance the teenage experience, that would be fantastic. As it stands, teens/children are boring and I tend to skip through them because they are boring and have nothing to do.
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    I came with this crazy idea that, if boarding schools become a thing in the Sims, it may be possible to create orphanages and parentless families in CAS...
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    edited June 2022

I wouldn't get your hopes up for this. I wish they looked younger too. But the fact is they would have to remake every animation a teen has in the game to do this, not to mention changing all the clothing to fit a shorter body.

I am using a height mod for my sims using the shortest version and they are fine with young adult clothes.
    11-07-21_5-18-55_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The biggest problem is seating. They clip deeper into seating because of their shorter legs.
    I don't mind them clipping into cushy fabric seating, but Clipping into wood chairs and benches looks odd.
    11-07-21_5-12-14_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

But I've found that most animations are okay, especially animations where they are handling things.
    12-24-21_7-33-47_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I've played a bunch of them in my Hogwarts school of magic and they hold wands just fine.
    Plus she's wearing the butler's outfit from Vintage Glamor.
    01-01-22_1-49-00_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Guitar is fine.
    12-29-21_4-17-55_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Knitting is fine.
    12-29-21_4-17-34_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Working on homework is fine,
    12-27-21_3-43-36_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

sitting in the chair is not.
    12-27-21_3-44-14_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Meditation is NOT fine.
    12-24-21_8-05-14_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Umbrellas are generally okay, I did notice a slight shoulder clip for extreme movements.
    01-02-22_3-19-14_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Eating an apple... yeah.
    12-30-21_3-59-27_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Oddly enough, an adult doesn't even eat the apple.
    This is as close to her face that it gets before it disappears into her mouth. And she is eating it with the opposite hand. Hmm...
    06-06-22_9-28-44_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Teen to teen kiss is fine.
    06-06-22_9-04-11_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Teen to adult friendly hugs aren't horrible...
    06-06-22_9-32-39_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

..., but that's a deep hug.
    06-06-22_9-32-52_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

So there are issues, but I don't believe they are as difficult as people are making them out to be.
    They would just need to copy the adult animations and adjust the more egregious ones.
    Actually, the biggest problem would be for simmers who like teens as they are.

I am happy with my mod because I have the sims that feel right to me.
    I can ignore the minor glitches I have seen and I can transfer more mature teen game play into the early part of the young adult stage while they are at Uni.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @CK213 I use the shorter teens mod and I agree with all of this. Great collection of pics!

Just wanted to say that Sims have a hidden trait for whether they are right or left-handed so the difference in eating the apple probably has to do with that rather than the height difference.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3