We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming EP: High School

Comments

  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,408 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for proms and cars. I'm also hoping our teens can go into the school without it being a rabbithole and maybe one class you can see them. I'll take rabbithole proms if other teens will call my sim up and ask him or her to the prom like in TS3. I also hope you get popups of what is happening in the prom.
    I would prefer being able to see and have a prom rather than rabbit hole. I don’t see how much of a problem it could be as we already have night clubs and dates….. a few special things could be added to school dances.

    MWS just added slow dancing too so I can totally see them doing an active prom scenario. My sims will just sit in the corner, of course

    My sims would be:

    https://youtu.be/FG1NrQYXjLU

    It would also make sense to have zombies in a high school pack. For many reasons of course.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,318 Member
    edited June 2022
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for proms and cars. I'm also hoping our teens can go into the school without it being a rabbithole and maybe one class you can see them. I'll take rabbithole proms if other teens will call my sim up and ask him or her to the prom like in TS3. I also hope you get popups of what is happening in the prom.
    I would prefer being able to see and have a prom rather than rabbit hole. I don’t see how much of a problem it could be as we already have night clubs and dates….. a few special things could be added to school dances, and of course on teens could attend ( with maybe 1 chaperone ( not even sure that’s needed in a sims game ). It would be nice to have a “teen place” as well.

    I feel like the chaperone should be Mrs Crumplebottom if she hadn't came with HOB but maybe the game could come with a part-time career track for campus security/chaperone's. I would also add a janitorial PT job. The game could generate whoever is in that career track to act as chaperone of events.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    How about a Teen Wolf with a Michael J Fox High School Teenage Werewolf in a Canadian High School? ;):pB)

    I thought about the movie Teen Wolf when I heard about the werewolves and potential high school pack.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 618 Member
    I must be the only one who hates the idea of this. I played Discover University like one time, and while it was alright, I've never rushed to send my sims off to university again. I don't see myself getting much use out of another school focused pack, what a bummer.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind the school being a rabbit hole in Sims 3 the school was indeed a rabbit hole same thing with DU the classes are rabbit holes it's because we had so much gameplay that I personally didn't care for rabbit holes.
    DU had a lot of game play did we play something different? Besides living in a dorm there is no real university experience it was all rabbit holes and the new game play was a ping pong table and bicycle like most packs the majority of the budget was used to create a small world and things like clothing and objects not game play.

    For me active school is the entire reason I want a high school expansion we have that boring go to school rabbit hole now why would be need a expansion for more of that. Adults have active careers if you choose to you can follow their daily lives throughout the day with teens its go to school and you see them when the day is half over I feel the Sims should not be a adult only life simulator but if they make the high school expansion some activities to do at home what's the point name it teen hobbies.

    Gameplay as in the homework, the presentation, the studying, the midterm, we also had the spirit squad, the debate team, and the robotics events, pranking the other school, the social interactions. I wouldn't mind an active school but I wouldn't mind a rabbit hole school with packed on gameplay.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,298 Member
    edited June 2022
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind the school being a rabbit hole in Sims 3 the school was indeed a rabbit hole same thing with DU the classes are rabbit holes it's because we had so much gameplay that I personally didn't care for rabbit holes.
    DU had a lot of game play did we play something different? Besides living in a dorm there is no real university experience it was all rabbit holes and the new game play was a ping pong table and bicycle like most packs the majority of the budget was used to create a small world and things like clothing and objects not game play.

    For me active school is the entire reason I want a high school expansion we have that boring go to school rabbit hole now why would be need a expansion for more of that. Adults have active careers if you choose to you can follow their daily lives throughout the day with teens its go to school and you see them when the day is half over I feel the Sims should not be a adult only life simulator but if they make the high school expansion some activities to do at home what's the point name it teen hobbies.


    They could make the school like the arts academy, with a cafeteria, a couple of class rooms to fit maybe 8 students each, various workshop rooms and labs for whatever skills they pursue like drawing, music, woodworking, biology, chemistry, robotics, etc., a school gym with indoor pool and basketball court, an outdoor football field and running track, an amphitheater for graduation, drama and music rehearsals and performance, commencement ceremonies and prom. And of course, the principal's office.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited June 2022
    Plumbeeb wrote: »
    I must be the only one who hates the idea of this. I played Discover University like one time, and while it was alright, I've never rushed to send my sims off to university again. I don't see myself getting much use out of another school focused pack, what a bummer.

    I don't have any interest in it so far. Particularly since we don't even know if it is real, and more than that, I think most the theories are way too focused on what is likely nothing more than a placeholder name. They always have a placeholder name. So in all likelihood, this will be something around the concept of high school, meaning teens; things for teens to do, probably cheerleading, sports, clubs, maybe proms, and parties, first loves, and the like.

    I doubt it will be taking them to classes and doing school work like in Uni. I can't imagine having to focus on a teens schooling that much. Plus then it would just be a rehash of a pack for a new age group.

    I will probably be more interested once there are some actual real clues to go on. But I get why others are excited. I hope whatever it is, brings a lot of joy.

    Although as I side note, I see people often say they don't like Sims 4 version of Uni, and it is funny cause I am the total opposite. This is the first time I have liked a Uni pack.. I have wondered why that is. Like what is it that makes me like it, in comparison to what others are disliking.

    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,894 Member
    Plumbeeb wrote: »
    I must be the only one who hates the idea of this. I played Discover University like one time, and while it was alright, I've never rushed to send my sims off to university again. I don't see myself getting much use out of another school focused pack, what a bummer.

    Well, what would be nice is if you didn’t have to play with your sim every day, you could change days, or be able to rotate to different families without it causing any problems.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Pre-teens confirmed.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2022
    Please don’t let this become a reality.
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for proms and cars. I'm also hoping our teens can go into the school without it being a rabbithole and maybe one class you can see them. I'll take rabbithole proms if other teens will call my sim up and ask him or her to the prom like in TS3. I also hope you get popups of what is happening in the prom.
    I would prefer being able to see and have a prom rather than rabbit hole. I don’t see how much of a problem it could be as we already have night clubs and dates….. a few special things could be added to school dances.

    MWS just added slow dancing too so I can totally see them doing an active prom scenario. My sims will just sit in the corner, of course

    My sims would be:

    https://youtu.be/FG1NrQYXjLU

    It would also make sense to have zombies in a high school pack. For many reasons of course.

    How would people feel if werewolves had been treated like mermaids? I like the fact that the occults have now been placed in their own packs. Thus, they could do a zombie apocalypse pack.

    My hope is that they keep it focused on teens. :)
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited June 2022
    If we’re getting an high school pack, I hope it’s not similar to the Discovery University EP having rabbit holes in college. I want an open school gameplay, something similar to Zerbu's go to school mod like having abilities to be able to control your teen(s) going to the open classes to sit down & learning things (tests, doing projects, & etc.). After classes, they can hangout in classes (or any where) with their friends, make out somewhere in schools, & teens starting any drama. Having teacher, guidance counselor, and principal NPCs helping students in school. Maybe having few clubs (Arts, Bands, Science, Sports), having teens to be able to put or take out their homework’s, books, foods, or any items inside their school locker & see what they put inside their locker, just like you can put items in the chests. Bring some features back from the sims 3 Generation pack like going to prom, pranks teacher or any student using whoopee cushions, & maybe bring back “recording camera” objects to recording teens or any ages moments. Cafeteria for teen to eat, open graduation, teens to ask their friends to write down their names & their moments in the year books as an memories, & like in get famous pack, the option to choose to check on your teens in school or not.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2022
    It would be nice if they added a new trait--stern. That way we could have a strict teacher as well as detention for those students who misbehave.
    Mrs. Pettyfer's traits are stern, mean and paranoid.
    Stern-Teacher.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Plumbeeb wrote: »
    I must be the only one who hates the idea of this. I played Discover University like one time, and while it was alright, I've never rushed to send my sims off to university again. I don't see myself getting much use out of another school focused pack, what a bummer.

    You're not the only one. Although I would never say "No, we shouldn't have this" just because I don't want it, well... I don't want it. For myself, that is.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    MsMay wrote: »
    If we’re getting an high school pack, I hope it’s not similar to the Discovery University EP having rabbit holes in college. I want an open school gameplay, something similar to Zerbu's go to school mod like having abilities to be able to control your teen(s) going to the open classes to sit down & learning things (tests, doing projects, & etc.). After classes, they can hangout in classes (or any where) with their friends, make out somewhere in schools, & teens starting any drama. Having teacher, guidance counselor, and principal NPCs helping students in school. Maybe having few clubs (Arts, Bands, Science, Sports), having teens to be able to put or take out their homework’s, books, foods, or any items inside their school locker & see what they put inside their locker, just like you can put items in the chests. Bring some features back from the sims 3 Generation pack like going to prom, pranks teacher or any student using whoopee cushions, & maybe bring back “recording camera” objects to recording teens or any ages moments. Cafeteria for teen to eat, open graduation, teens to ask their friends to write down their names & their moments in the year books as an memories, & like in get famous pack, the option to choose to check on your teens in school or not.

    I miss being able to attend class like in Sims 3. I had fun actually being able to give a speech or turn in homework in person rather than clicking on a building or my phone. Also you barely see the teachers outside of the rabbit hole classroom so it breaks the immersion.

    If the high school pack was active it would be great.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I really enjoyed Zerbu's active school mod. I only removed it because it was incompatible with a couple of mods I wanted to also use.

    I would enjoy a pack that added this into the game. Hopefully actually following your teen (or child) to school would be optional.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,360 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I want the teen life stage to be more fleshed out in a lot of the ways people have already suggested but it doesn't seem like a big enough amount of content unless it's an active school and I'm really hoping that's not the case. The active careers are fun from time to time but I mostly ignore them. I feel like I would find active school even less interesting. I'm a grown adult and I'm not super interested in reliving highschool. If this pack is real, it'd be nice if the name is a placeholder and it provides more content to both children and teens.
    I’m a grown adult too, and I would love all parts of the high school to be active as well as extra curricular activities. Like with active careers, you should be able to have the choice to send your teens without following them. But the fun part for me would be following them to school, and following them to extra curricular activities. I still enjoy the active career, I wish we had more active careers with workplaces, though I wish we could make our own work places, with requirements, I hope we can make our own campuses too.

    I think any extra curricular activities would work like our after school activities we have in game right now. Like it's a rabbit hole, but you need to do tasks for it (like practise acting or do the scout stuff).
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Okay, since they finally got the bloody werewolves out of the way (I knew it was coming, I know lots of people wanted it, so I'm happy it's finally done), it seems logical that the next EP would be family-based.

    'High School' is a little limiting, considering that there are players all over the world, and the US concept of high school is pretty unique to the US. (Cheerleading, proms - not really a concept. Some countries do have a 'formal' (dance), however.) So, maybe a pack focused on teens? And please, please, please, can we have homeschooling (for kids and teens)? A lot of elements are already there, with parents able to help with homework and projects, and mentor kids, and they could also use the computer to attend classes. (It should be a choice, however, since that wouldn't work off-the-grid.)

    Maybe study groups? (It would be fun to see a group of teens interacting with something like the kids' chemistry set - there are all sorts of possibilities, there, with explosions or creations that do unexpecting things.) They could also add a part-time tutoring job for teens and adults. And new hobbies.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Wouldn't this leaked EP just be a repeat of Discover University only in reverse? Any kind of pack relating to high school should have come before DU. The education system in Sims4 has been lacking since Sims4 was released, and now they want to fill in the blanks after all this time? DU was not at all what I expected and playing it long enough to get just 2 Sims graduated with degrees was enough for me. After those 2 Sims graduated, I disabled the pack, deleted that save and moved on. I know a lot of players don't like using mods, but the mods that are out there already give players a way to experience high school in a decent fashion. The biggest plus is the fact those mods don't come with extra CAS and BB items and can easily be removed from the game by simply deleting it. So, if this high school EP is the real deal, it is one more pack I won't be purchasing. I hate feeling this way, but I have to be honest. If the game play I want isn't in a pack, I don't buy it even if I am aching for new content. The content in a high school themed pack doesn't excite me in any way.
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 80 Member
    Do you think it is likely we'll get a patch updating teens to look more like teens? A little shorter but lanky looking. This is a prime opportunity to do it if they are going to.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2022
    I think they‘re gonna split up Generations into various packs. That way the players have to spend more money than if they would just release a Generations EP.

    Weddings have already been split into a Game Pack. High Schools and more activities for teenagers are split into the next EP.
    The rest, like walking canes for elders, will be split into other packs.
    a256aFi.gif
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    God I hope not....we need hotels and resorts before high school!!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,537 Member
    i will buy the pack for the buy build cas content but as for the rest looks plain
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery



    Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

    1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I just can't be having with speculating on this at the same time as Werewolves. We can think about this after Werewolves has come out.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for proms and cars. I'm also hoping our teens can go into the school without it being a rabbithole and maybe one class you can see them. I'll take rabbithole proms if other teens will call my sim up and ask him or her to the prom like in TS3. I also hope you get popups of what is happening in the prom.
    I would prefer being able to see and have a prom rather than rabbit hole. I don’t see how much of a problem it could be as we already have night clubs and dates….. a few special things could be added to school dances.

    MWS just added slow dancing too so I can totally see them doing an active prom scenario. My sims will just sit in the corner, of course

    My sims would be:

    https://youtu.be/FG1NrQYXjLU

    It would also make sense to have zombies in a high school pack. For many reasons of course.
    I have never heard more wiser words spoken 🥺
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,408 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Please don’t let this become a reality.
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for proms and cars. I'm also hoping our teens can go into the school without it being a rabbithole and maybe one class you can see them. I'll take rabbithole proms if other teens will call my sim up and ask him or her to the prom like in TS3. I also hope you get popups of what is happening in the prom.
    I would prefer being able to see and have a prom rather than rabbit hole. I don’t see how much of a problem it could be as we already have night clubs and dates….. a few special things could be added to school dances.

    MWS just added slow dancing too so I can totally see them doing an active prom scenario. My sims will just sit in the corner, of course

    My sims would be:

    https://youtu.be/FG1NrQYXjLU

    It would also make sense to have zombies in a high school pack. For many reasons of course.

    How would people feel if werewolves had been treated like mermaids? I like the fact that the occults have now been placed in their own packs. Thus, they could do a zombie apocalypse pack.

    My hope is that they keep it focused on teens. :)

    Isn’t the addition of zombies "focusing on teens"? 😝

    I was only messing of course. I believe all occults deserve a similar treatment as Vampires, including teens…

    I’m certainly not the kind of guy who’d be begging for a high school pack , but you won't see me cry and stomp me feet if that's what we'll be getting next, because a Highschool pack is what part of the community wants. Just like all them baby things. It makes me happy to see you happy. <3

    Not sure what it will include, if this so called leak is indeed legit, although I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to use it for something. Discover Uni is probably my least favourite and my least explored pack, but I wouldn't want to miss out on the option of being able to build robots and servos. All my mad professors know a thing or two about roboti-ic-ic-ic-ssshh.....bleep.

    I never experienced high school the way USA kids experience it (it’s more like Hogwarts over here) but if the movies don’t lie, well I guess that’s what it’s like then, right? I’ve seen The Breakfast Club. And Grease. And yeah,Teenwolf and Back to The Future as well. And Carrie. And so many others. Never watched High School Musical and I'm afraid I never will. Sorry. Correction: I'm not sorry.

    Fun fact: In the land where I exist we call this Prom Ball "Debs". At First I didn't want to attend mine, but then I decided to go all the way so I dressed up as a vampire to impress one of the girls that I had a bit of a crush on at the time. She wasn't impressed at all but I had fun nonetheless. I...mainly danced with myself.

    Proms & Debs are so silly and full of drama. These things always ends up in tears. Although my tears are usually tears of laughter. o:)

Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top