Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming EP: High School

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    Personally I would want them to focus more on the fun stuff. Not really interested in the slice of life puberty kind of changes people want. I think they are moody enough with their constant mood swings for no reason and the never ending "asking advice"
    But that's just me.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2022
    I don't know anything about "slice of life puberty." Yet, I do want to them to have more places to go that are geared toward teens. There are a lot of good ideas already mentioned.

Hoping they add cheerleaders, a new sport, slumber parties and movie theater/arcade as a new lot type. Movie theaters is a great place for them to hang with friends.

I don't want bands to be added because I'd rather get a well flushed out band pack.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    comic shop. would be good.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    edited June 2022
    Whatever is in the works, I hope it is good and that we also get a Stuff pack this year.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Whatever is in the works, I hope it is good and that we also get a Stuff pack this year.

me to .
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited June 2022
    It's not that surprising. I always thought we would get a high-school pack at some point it was just a matter of when. Plus it was on a public survey for everyone like a lot of stuff we got came from surveys including the eco pack and all of the occults.
    I do still think it's wrong for someone to leak it this early (assuming it's true)
    Leaks close to reveal doesn't seem that bad and are somewhat exciting.
    But I know how much the devs like to surprise reveal once everything is in place.
    Could still be fake though.

And to answer the question by Onverser yes I do want to play active schools all the time. I imagine it would be more in depth then just sit in class anyway.
    Everyone went crazy for university. I still rember the rallies and I was so sick of people screaming university regardless of how uninteresting I thought the subject was 😂😂😂(still is)
    So yea I want my highschools and teens are my favorite life state.

Yeah, I actually didn’t care for this version of University. I was really looking forward to it too. I play rotationally and it’s just too hard to do, and University is so boring in this version. I really liked sims 2 University. That’s my opinion anyway. I hope the high school pack has a lot of activities, and not rabbit hole ones….. but ones we can actually see our sims participate in.

I’m still hoping for a baby update. Maybe we will get it in a basegame before High school, crossing my fingers anyway.
    It's not that surprising. I always thought we would get a high-school pack at some point it was just a matter of when. Plus it was on a public survey for everyone like a lot of stuff we got came from surveys including the eco pack and all of the occults.
    I do still think it's wrong for someone to leak it this early (assuming it's true)
    Leaks close to reveal doesn't seem that bad and are somewhat exciting.
    But I know how much the devs like to surprise reveal once everything is in place.
    Could still be fake though.

And to answer the question by Onverser yes I do want to play active schools all the time. I imagine it would be more in depth then just sit in class anyway.
    Everyone went crazy for university. I still rember the rallies and I was so sick of people screaming university regardless of how uninteresting I thought the subject was 😂😂😂(still is)
    So yea I want my highschools and teens are my favorite life state.
    I can understand this! I love active careers….. anything that is truly active…… but please don’t give us a lot of rabbit holes. I don’t even like the scout rabbit hole. I made my own active scout place. So the two hours my scouts go off to the rabbit hole is really just a waste of time since we can use clubs for that. I do love the scout outfits and badges though!
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I hope it’s real, I’ve been dying for something like this for years!! I just wish it was all of school, pre-k through high school. I would love to make a cute little school for toddlers or kids. It would have all their art work on the walls and cute little furniture for the playroom. But yes high school would rock too!! I do wish we could travel with them, I’m one who loves that feature for the careers. I could talk about this for awhile on all the things I would to have with this pack. Lol
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I confess I skimmed through many of the posts in this thread, so if I'm being repetitive, I'll apologize in advance.

I hope the leak is real. Like quite a few of you, I hope the pack turns out to be more than "High School" per se, and more like "School Days," which would expand the scope to include Children as well as Teens. I also hope it would include more active things for young Sims to do besides go to school, things that occur both on and off their school campuses.

My wife and I are teachers, and our daughter is a student...so our whole household spends nine months a year in this world. There are A LOT of things that could be done with a pack like this. Daughter Z is reading while I'm posting, and she's nodding and saying "Oh, yeah." Lots of you have come up with ideas that would work well, ideas that are winning a real young Teen's seal of approval.

As for Sims not following directions and choosing to do their own thing instead...let's just say that real students sometimes act that way, too. :wink:

Seriously, though, my favorite lessons often include my students moving around, interacting with each other, visiting learning stations in the classroom or outside it, and acting a lot like Sims. The same is true in my wife's classroom, and her students are a little younger than mine are. Mine only sit quietly at their desks when that's the best way to achieve what we're trying to achieve.

And so much of the lives of school-age kids revolves around co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, and the things they enjoy doing with their families and friends. I know I'd spend more time with Child and Teen Sims if they had a wider range of activities to explore.

Again, I hope this is real, and I hope EA takes advantage of the opportunity to make young Sims' lives more interesting!
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    edited June 2022
    I hope it’s real, I’ve been dying for something like this for years!! I just wish it was all of school, pre-k through high school. I would love to make a cute little school for toddlers or kids. It would have all their art work on the walls and cute little furniture for the playroom. But yes high school would rock too!! I do wish we could travel with them, I’m one who loves that feature for the careers. I could talk about this for awhile on all the things I would to have with this pack. Lol

The reason I do not want them to include toddlers and children is because I think more gameplay, depth and fun activities can be added if the EP focuses on teens.

Plus, I really want to run a daycare for toddlers; so, I'm hoping toddlers and children get their own pack with lots of fun activities and gameplay.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I'm hoping for proms and cars. I'm also hoping our teens can go into the school without it being a rabbithole and maybe one class you can see them. I'll take rabbithole proms if other teens will call my sim up and ask him or her to the prom like in TS3. I also hope you get popups of what is happening in the prom.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited June 2022
    I hope that the leak is not real, or if it is real, that the scope of the pack is much broader than the "High School" name implies. Because while I would like more for teens to do in TS4, I really don't have an interest in following them to school.

I'm still hoping to eventually see an EP more like TS2 Freetime, which would bring new hobbies and activities for all age groups.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    Like many others here, I hope the content goes beyond “school studies”.

For me, University was always the most boring pack for me in all of the Sims games. I already graduated from college, and I don’t like playing that out in my escapist games.

(And I never liked the rigid jocks, geeks, punks, etc, types of stereotypes. People and their school experiences are more diverse than that. I hung out with folks from multiple groups growing up.)

I hope there is stuff for children as well. Unless the teens have A LOT of content beyond some school system, like proms, romantic interactions, driving, teen clothing, after school activities, more teen jobs, etc.

I feel that “High School” seems limited for an EP unless they go beyond the boring (to me) school stuff. Sounds more like a Game Pack…
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I would like active school gameplay and I enjoyed University, but I don't like the concept of high school for an EP and I hope there is more to it than school...
    edited June 2022
    Considering Expansion packs are large packs that expand gameplay and take your sims on a new adventure. New adventures can be anything.

Perhaps it would not even be called High School. It may just be called Teen Times or something. Either way, I think it will include far more things than just going to high school.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Considering Expansion packs are large packs that expand gameplay and take your sims on a new adventure. New adventures can be anything.

Perhaps it would not even be called High School. It may just be called Teen Times or something. Either way, I think it will include far more things than just going to high school.

Hopefully it’s more teen-life in general, yeah.

But, thinking about it, even a teen-only pack feels it should be a Game Pack as well, since it’s just one lifestage in particular.

I feel Generations should be the EP, so we can have more family play in general, with more life stages involved.

Then again, we have had little packs for the kids and teens (like the recent Little Campers, Parenthood, and toddler and kid stuff packs), so maybe they are splitting the lifestage content up like that…?

Still, a teen-only pack sounds like it should be a Game Pack, unless they incorporate a lot of general content, and plan for more Generations-ish EPs (like an Elementary Kids pack or something).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I can see how this can be a fleshed out expansion pack. I can imagine The Sims attending High School reunions with their graduating class once they reach adult and/or the elder lifestage. Yeah, There should be 2 reunions after high school for the adult and elder age group. Some sims could have anxiety about going to their high school reunion. Some sims who had a bad experience in high school but are now successful could feel confident about going to their high school reunion.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited June 2022
    I wouldn't mind the school being a rabbit hole in Sims 3 the school was indeed a rabbit hole same thing with DU the classes are rabbit holes it's because we had so much gameplay that I personally didn't care for rabbit holes. Would I want to follow my teen around an active school? No, simple fact it's because how buggy GTW is. With more gameplay I'd love the drama, after school activities that's interactive, make a choice of doing that old fashion way of doing the homework, to doing the homework on computer or do an action to boost your grade like cook, play chess for logic or look at the new telescope, paint, get these teens and also kids active like get them something to do. Also vote how they vote in eco lifestyle about being homecoming king and queen, prom king/queen. School pres. If your in sports practice, practice cheerleading, hopefully we get gymnastics. Again I just want to get this teens and kids active do something fun, they need it badly.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2022
    A High School theme would obviously feature teens, so it makes sense to expand teen gameplay in that pack, both in and out of school. Adding children too would mean less teen content, I think.

If it's real I'm hoping for cute teen romance and angsty self-discovery gameplay, active prom and more activities for teens.

People have been begging for more stuff to make teens distinct from adults, so it looks like this might be the team's answer to that
    edited June 2022
    I'm hoping for proms and cars. I'm also hoping our teens can go into the school without it being a rabbithole and maybe one class you can see them. I'll take rabbithole proms if other teens will call my sim up and ask him or her to the prom like in TS3. I also hope you get popups of what is happening in the prom.
    I would prefer being able to see and have a prom rather than rabbit hole. I don’t see how much of a problem it could be as we already have night clubs and dates….. a few special things could be added to school dances, and of course only teens could attend ( with maybe 1 chaperone ( not even sure that’s needed in a sims game ). It would be nice to have a “teen place” as well.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I would prefer being able to see and have a prom rather than rabbit hole. I don’t see how much of a problem it could be as we already have night clubs and dates….. a few special things could be added to school dances.

MWS just added slow dancing too so I can totally see them doing an active prom scenario. My sims will just sit in the corner, of course…
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    How about a Teen Wolf with a Michael J Fox High School Teenage Werewolf in a Canadian High School? ;):pB)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind the school being a rabbit hole in Sims 3 the school was indeed a rabbit hole same thing with DU the classes are rabbit holes it's because we had so much gameplay that I personally didn't care for rabbit holes.
    DU had a lot of game play did we play something different? Besides living in a dorm there is no real university experience it was all rabbit holes and the new game play was a ping pong table and bicycle like most packs the majority of the budget was used to create a small world and things like clothing and objects not game play.

For me active school is the entire reason I want a high school expansion we have that boring go to school rabbit hole now why would be need a expansion for more of that. Adults have active careers if you choose to you can follow their daily lives throughout the day with teens its go to school and you see them when the day is half over I feel the Sims should not be a adult only life simulator but if they make the high school expansion some activities to do at home what's the point name it teen hobbies.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    edited June 2022
    I want the teen life stage to be more fleshed out in a lot of the ways people have already suggested but it doesn't seem like a big enough amount of content unless it's an active school and I'm really hoping that's not the case. The active careers are fun from time to time but I mostly ignore them. I feel like I would find active school even less interesting. I'm a grown adult and I'm not super interested in reliving highschool. If this pack is real, it'd be nice if the name is a placeholder and it provides more content to both children and teens.
    I’m a grown adult too, and I would love all parts of the high school to be active as well as extra curricular activities. Like with active careers, you should be able to have the choice to send your teens without following them. But the fun part for me would be following them to school, and following them to extra curricular activities. I still enjoy the active career, I wish we had more active careers with workplaces, though I wish we could make our own work places, with requirements, I hope we can make our own campuses too.
  • Ar2080FAr2080F Posts: 2 New Member
    I hope this is true or I'm going to scream to death