Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming EP: High School

Comments

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Here's what I'm hoping for so like mix Sims Free time with Sims 3 Generation highschool gameplay so instead of doing regular homework teens and possibly kids can work on skills like fitness skill kids can swim and teens can either swim work out to gain a skill for class make interactive and fun or do homework on computer. After Graduation have a highschool diploma, prom, homecoming, special day like where pajamas to school day, costume day. Also don't leave out the drama it's still highschool like a pop up stating a rumor has been spread around about your sim I'd keep a low profile until it's over. Cheerleaders, Jocks, Brainiacs, Skaters, Rejects, Preppy, Class Pres. Validictorian. Also PTA (Karens and Darrens) I mean Parents. Feild trips. Summer Vacation, Winter and Spring Break. School Pranks, Senior Ditch Day, Detention, Also imagine all that with the emotions we have now.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Hmm, this is interesting to me, lol. Discover University is pretty boring to me gameplay wise, so I'm hoping that high school is better. There's definitely a lot of potential, so I'm excited, but trying not to get too excited just yet, lol.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2022
    I think a High School EP could be fun, it will depend a lot on how in depth they would like to go with it. The challenging part is balancing studies and fun, and with teens there is probably other things that they also are occupied with like trying out different activities that they like, finding friends, joining cliques and finding someone to go to prom with. There could be larger events happening at the high school (like festivals) where you sim could attend and improve their grades in different areas, like a sports event, a science event and a musical and art event.

They could expand the study mechanic from DU and have it involve several steps, active classes could be more active and require more of you to move and do tasks, music classes, art classes, math classes, physics and chemistry classes. Maybe your sim needs to have good needs while attending class or you have to study more in your free time, you could have goals or tasks that you would need to accomplish.

As for other activities, there could be things like sleepovers, learning to drive, skating, baseball and cheerleading.

They could also make it possible for you to build your own high school, you could build an old high school full of mysteries and magical things or an ultra modern high school with with high tech solutions.
  • Options
    FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member
    I want the teen life stage to be more fleshed out in a lot of the ways people have already suggested but it doesn't seem like a big enough amount of content unless it's an active school and I'm really hoping that's not the case. The active careers are fun from time to time but I mostly ignore them. I feel like I would find active school even less interesting. I'm a grown adult and I'm not super interested in reliving highschool. If this pack is real, it'd be nice if the name is a placeholder and it provides more content to both children and teens.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Thanks now you just summoned this to my head I guess itd be good theme to add zombies
    "The uploader has not made this video available."

Th-thanks, YouTube.

You've been spared my friend
    let us be thankful to dear youtube :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Ohh I barely played Discover University but it was pretty challenging. Now I wonder what this is going to be ? I never thought they'd do High School if we already have that one. Unless they focus more on the "Generations" part of this. Class, friends, graduation, party, prom, family together, etc.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I saw someone mention skate parks! I think that would be cool. They could have a whole skateboarding skill with tricks and etc. This pack could bring something for every teen archetype. I'm not that into cliches and stereotypes when it comes to high school in media but they could have skateboarding for a certain type of teen archetype, sports for "jocks", cheerleading, comics/video games/action figures for the "geeks", school plays for the "theatre kids" but idk how it would work since GF already has the acting skill, and etc. Obviously I dont want any of these to be set archetypes that puts every teen sim into a box. But I was just thinking of those archetypes to think of what they could add as new activities.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I struggle to think of enough content for a High School pack and I certainly am not interested in University 2.0
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    edited June 2022
    If this is real, I hope they give our teens a lot to do. I don't want this to be a repackage of University. Sims 4 did University the worst out of previous versions. High School is very different. At minimum, they would need to give us a new event type for school dances. It would be nice if you could plan a school dance to make it either winter formal, homecoming, prom, or even a Sadie Hawkins deal with matching outfits. It would be cool if they brought back the photo booth, too.

Sleepovers need to make a comeback. I like what others have suggested about skate parks and bands. Maybe this could be a way to introduce cars into the game? Or maybe add more sports or hobbies. I still want arcades. I could also see them adding malls to the game, but teens don't really flock to malls like my generation did. They should make some of the part time jobs playable. Babysitting would be a nice playable job. I'm not going to get my hopes up on too much. Sims 4 rarely delivers because they split up DLC to the point of making it lame and disjointed. If this pack is real, it could be really cool or a complete waste of money. It's an expansion pack, so they need to go big or stop asking us to pay EP prices for what is clearly a GP.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I hope it’s real, I’ve been wanting more content for kids and teens for the longest. I hope its not just active high school but also active elementary school for the little kids
  • Options
    candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    I really hope it's real. There is SO much they could do with high schools.
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• Options
    akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    I also hope it’s real! There’s a lot of things I could think of for teens! But I’ll keep my excitement to a minimum until there’s official word.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member

They raise a good point. The AI is really sketchy. Having everyone sit down and take part in classes is unlikely.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member

They raise a good point. The AI is really sketchy. Having everyone sit down and take part in classes is unlikely.

I was thinking the same when the leak first came up.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member

Couldn't they achieve it by having gameplay objects with autonomy? I'm thinking like how Spa Day is working. Sims are able to attend yoga classes, walk between lockers, having massages and using saunas with no problems.

The gameplay objects could be objects like teaching tables, chemistry tables, group tables, interactive whiteboards.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    haneul wrote: »
    I kind of hope not... The ordering of the EPs in the survey is weird and devoting two EPs to school seems like overkill. A teen-focused pack would be nice, but not something just about high school.

Same, it seems like what most people want from this pack is not active school (which is probably 90% of what this pack will be) but more activities for teens. I don't think that many people will actually use active schools often but it's just a way of buffing up the pack so they can continue to extend generations further and further rather than just one pack...

This is what I've always thought whenever the idea of a school pack ever came up. Whenever anyone says why they wanted it, it was for social activities like proms, cliques and sports teams. Stuff we see in all the films and shows set in high school. You know what we hardly in these films and shows? Them learning in class.

People talk as if this will be the teenage equivalent of university, but don't see the obvious difference. There is very little academic content in any of the university packs. In the Sims 2 version, all you could do was attend an off lot class, study, and write a term paper - very little academic content at all. The focus of gameplay was always on campus life as a student. Dorms, frats, parties. Living a completely domestic situation than normal.

3 and 4 don't have much more academic content, and arguably, the academic aspects of those game detract from the fun of those packs. Were the open classes from 3 really that interesting?

In addition, university learning is more student self driven with limited contact hours with your lecturer/professor, whereas in high school. High school on the other hand is very instructor/teacher led almost exclusively. It would take away the active gameplay away from the player and gives it to an NPC. Think in the active careers we already have, your SIM is always in the lead, the other sims are set dressing (except when you need the NPC doctor in the medical career to diagnose your patients you performed tests on and she decided to go home early).

The game also has a flat limit on 20 Sims in a neighborhood active at once. This limit large gatherings and how "immersive" your classes would be. Are we like getting a one room schoolhouse like we are on some frontier?

The only way they could make high school fun and player driven is by making it not like high school at all.

The equivalent of a university pack for teenagers therefore isn't high school, but things they do OUTSIDE of high school. Think video arcades, skateparks, pizza parlours, comic book stores, malls etc. Places where teens hang out. Or you know, did.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    It seems kind of fake but it’s also strange devs haven’t denied it yet
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    So...im up for high school content, but a whole expansion pack dedicated to that? Are we sure it's not a school system overhaul for primary/elementary + high school?
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    I sincerely hope that they'll just copy the system from DU and use the resources on something else. I don't really think active lessons would be interesting, with the restrictions on number of sims and loading screens I think it'd be terrible. What I'd be interested in would be different kinds of highschools and an expansion of after school activities. Like having a military academy for teen who have failing grades or in a rebellious stage, they could have weekend camps, training exercises... There could also be a more studies focused highschool for teens with very high grades with science projects, debate clubs, robotic stuff that could help with university applications. Finally there could be the more run of the mill highschool with bands, drama club, sports and cheerleading.

What I'd want from a highschool cam is more new gameplay for teenage sims, I'm fine with lessons being rabbit holes as long as we get after school activities, bands, a pool/billiard table, an arcade, homecoming, prom, graduation, teens running away from home, acne, a desktop microscope, school team trials (basketball, soccer and maybe even swimming), cheerleaders, mascots...

Happy simming!
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    It seems kind of fake but it’s also strange devs haven’t denied it yet

Well, the leak happened at a convenient time ;) Everyone not into occult/werewolves has their mind free right now and will discuss the potential EP. That allows the devs to fine-tune aspects that can still get fine tuned. It's win-win.

Myself, I'm not interested in active classes, except maybe if we can "free the frogs" or cause chaos in any other way. I was too much the model student in my youth, now I want to act out in my game. I'm hoping for boarding school form life, recess activities, schoolyard rivalries, peer groups/schoolyard stereotypes, maybe parents-teacher evenings and school projects that are similarly complex to the Henford quests. School uniforms, definitely, but please editable by the player! And finally "High school" can also mean junior high, correct? So there might be more content for kids alongside teens, too.

Bonus points if the High School has a hidden basement for the little Super Heroes in the making ala PS238...
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

I find a flaw in that because it can work like in university when the students go to class a notification pops up reminding the player so and so has class in 1 hour and a schedule, in the new schedule we might have schedules and a pop up sign reminding the player about the Sims classes, also thru automatically go to class in the university they'll probably automatically go to class in highschool.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2022
    Several items have been added to the game from this survey that EA put out a couple of years ago:
    Culinary Quest
    • Take on the role of master chef.
    • Find the best ingredients, create recipes, and keep that kitchen running through the dinner rush.

Fan Club Creator
    • Immerse your Sims in fandom.
    • Create fan clubs, collect rare memorabilia and express your love, drive a craze that could take over the town.

NPC Story Progression
    • Now your neighbors come to life.
    • Sims outside of your household live their lives from birth, marriage and death. Imagine the possibilities when the drama can start next door.

Shopping Malls
    • All your retail needs under one roof.
    • Hang out, find deals, and discover that perfect outfit for the night ahead in full retail experience, mall cop included.

Cheer
    • Immerse yourself in the world of cheerleading where focus is king and distractions are dangerous. Keep the team together, build routines and make sure to stick the landing.

Growing Pains and Life Issues
    • Life is hard. Now your sims feel those physical and emotional changes as they grow up.
    • Realistic reactions and emotions bring deeper connections to the world around them.

Heists
    • Whether you’re an aspiring Debbie or Danny Ocean, build your team to seek out and recover the stolen artifacts to return them to their rightful owners. Can you execute the perfect plan, or will your team end up in the slammer?

Modern Love and Romance
    • From love at first sight to digital dating, discover a wide variety of relationship types for your Sims. Explore their desires, taste and preference. Take them on a journey to discover what works for them.

American High Schools
    • Cafeteria cliques, racy relationships and SAT struggles, the halls are alive with the sound of drama.

Bands
    • Go solo or build your super group, find your style and perform your way from YouTube celebrity to sold out stadiums.
    • Feel the pressure and demands of keeping the band together, record company demands and the needs of your adoring fans.

World Suggestions
    • Brazilian Beach Town
    • South African City
    • Spanish City
    • Korean City
    • Swiss Mountain Town
    • Chinese Countryside
    • Scottish Highlands
    • Italian Vineyards
    • Greek Islands
    • Costa Rican Rainforest

Deepening the existing content
    • Long term desires
    • Connections to family members outside of the household
    • Being born with traits
    • Short term desires
    • Control of Sims that are not currently on the active lot
    • Emotions
    • Consequences of making or breaking relationships
    • Developing traits over time
    • Family evolution outside the household

New CAS Item Additions
    • Tattoos
    • Shoes
    • Makeup
    • Tops
    • Accessories
    • Bottoms
    • Hair
    • Full Outfits

New CAS Features
    • Burns
    • Prosthetics
    • Dual Eye Color (Heterochromia)
    • Vitiligo
    • Stretch Marks
    • Scars
    • Body Hair

High School and everything that goes along with the ups and downs of being a teen has so many possibilities. I think the team could make a really good expansion pack for this.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I want high school to include things not just related to high school.

A romance system to include crushes & first dates, proms and asking Sims to prom, high school graduation, applying to university earlier/planning their future, boarding schools for child aged that'll help them get into high school, field trips, bring back private schools with the headmaster.

More after school programs that are teen specific besides drama club and boy scouts. Like internships, tutoring younger kids, etc, touring universities, going to work one day with their parents.

I like for parents to be involved, like PTA meetings, the household attending the graduation, parent/teacher conferences, giving permission to date, teaching them to drive, etc.

I'd love to see acne and body odor. I think this is the age group for it. Options for teens to be rebellious and randomly change up their hair and makeup.
  • Options
    VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    edited June 2022
    Here's what I'm hoping for a high school pack
    • Active classes. And not just classes where you sit and write; I want drama classes, gym, art, shop, science, etc.
    • Elective classes, so people can customize their learning experience.
    • Clubs, with active meetings and special events. I'd prefer not to have rabbit holes, but it'd be cool if we had chess tournaments, sports competitions, swim meets, school plays, concerts, NaNoWriMo, and cheer nationals.
    • Cliques like the popular kids, the outsiders, the jocks, the nerds, and the dragon fans. Depending on what group you're part of, you'll find it easier or harder to befriend others of other groups, or dealing with random events that relate to them.
    • Cliques and clubs don't clash with each other, so you can have a jock Chess player, or a goth cheerleader.
    • A Dungeons & Dragons-like board game, comics, and some other nerdy fan stuff.
    • School projects.
    • Bullying? Would probably be too controversial for the Sims 4, but bullies are a part of nearly everyone's school experience at some point or another. A teen with the Mean trait and a random clique could be picked; you can befriend them, tell on them, fight them, or convince your clique to help you out.
    • Pep rallies
    • More sports, please?
    • Some schools let you raise pets, eggs, robot babies or sacks of flowers to prepare you for parenthood. Let's do that, but with dragons.
    • New events: teen house parties, prom, school fundraisers, talent shows, club-based events.
    • An overhaul on the party rating system, making it similar to what we had in The Sims 2.
    • A gossip system. Spread gossip about other sims, or have your enemies spread gossip about you. You can refute accusations or ruin another sim's credibility. Maybe we can tie it into Get Famous' reputation system.
    • Acne.
    • Spontaneous crushes, if we get an attraction system and clear sexual orientation. Based on your preference, your teen sim can develop a crush on a sim of he same age, which will give them max attraction points with that sim. It's temporary, but it can happen to anyone - including sims your teen absolutely despises. So your sim can develop a crush on their bully and try to win their heart.

If the High School pack had all of this in it, I'd definitely be interested! This would allow so much more game-play for Teens; I especially like the house parties, proms, fund-raisers, talent-shows, and the different classes like drama class, art, shop would be great, they could bring back that fixer upper car; and stuff like that.

But.. I feel like as an expansion pack, if it doesn't have this much content.. I just don't see how they can fit "High School" into an expansion pack and make it be fully fleshed out. I think it would definitely work as a game-pack, though.

I don't feel like High School is "generations". Generations is about all life-stages. While I do think that teenagers are one of those life-stages that need a lot more content, mostly more game-play and if I remember correctly, they did have a survey.. I think.. about the life-stages and I think there was something about teenagers and them needing more content, but I'm not sure if I'm remembering that correctly or not.

I think that Generations needs to be an expansion pack and give all life-stages a bunch of new content in game-play, CAS and BB.

I'm interested in seeing if this is going to be the pack and if it is.. curious of it's features, but if it doesn't have a lot of game-play, I'll probably wait for a sale, obviously, it's far too early to be certain on that. So, I'll wait to see what EA shares with us later on, if this is the next expansion pack. :)

*edit* Ohh, I just thought.. maybe.. they'll add bands to this..? "High School Bands"?? We did get a new guitar in Werewolves Pack... and I think that could be like some kind of 'hint' towards bands... also.. a school band could show up at prom to perform..
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    Thetford wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    haneul wrote: »
    I kind of hope not... The ordering of the EPs in the survey is weird and devoting two EPs to school seems like overkill. A teen-focused pack would be nice, but not something just about high school.

Same, it seems like what most people want from this pack is not active school (which is probably 90% of what this pack will be) but more activities for teens. I don't think that many people will actually use active schools often but it's just a way of buffing up the pack so they can continue to extend generations further and further rather than just one pack...

This is what I've always thought whenever the idea of a school pack ever came up. Whenever anyone says why they wanted it, it was for social activities like proms, cliques and sports teams. Stuff we see in all the films and shows set in high school. You know what we hardly in these films and shows? Them learning in class.

People talk as if this will be the teenage equivalent of university, but don't see the obvious difference. There is very little academic content in any of the university packs. In the Sims 2 version, all you could do was attend an off lot class, study, and write a term paper - very little academic content at all. The focus of gameplay was always on campus life as a student. Dorms, frats, parties. Living a completely domestic situation than normal.

3 and 4 don't have much more academic content, and arguably, the academic aspects of those game detract from the fun of those packs. Were the open classes from 3 really that interesting?

In addition, university learning is more student self driven with limited contact hours with your lecturer/professor, whereas in high school. High school on the other hand is very instructor/teacher led almost exclusively. It would take away the active gameplay away from the player and gives it to an NPC. Think in the active careers we already have, your SIM is always in the lead, the other sims are set dressing (except when you need the NPC doctor in the medical career to diagnose your patients you performed tests on and she decided to go home early).

The game also has a flat limit on 20 Sims in a neighborhood active at once. This limit large gatherings and how "immersive" your classes would be. Are we like getting a one room schoolhouse like we are on some frontier?

The only way they could make high school fun and player driven is by making it not like high school at all.

The equivalent of a university pack for teenagers therefore isn't high school, but things they do OUTSIDE of high school. Think video arcades, skateparks, pizza parlours, comic book stores, malls etc. Places where teens hang out. Or you know, did.

You put this well into words! Exactly what I wanted to express. There are SO MANY things they could literally do with this theme that isn't about 24/7 homework. The school portion is only a small part of what highschool could be about. Highschool drama, bullying, crushes, sports, and so much more, along with everything mentioned in the survey.

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(