Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Werewolves Gameplay Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    favriel wrote: »
    Okay, so regarding the tops discussion - I checked higher resolution pics in the app and there are 7 female frame tops and 7 male frame tops (not counting the stuff for kids)

zAASfxv.png
    xtlK131.png

Okay I like this. :)
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    favriel wrote: »
    Okay, so regarding the tops discussion - I checked higher resolution pics in the app and there are 7 female frame tops and 7 male frame tops (not counting the stuff for kids)

zAASfxv.png
    xtlK131.png

Okay I like this. :)

Me too especially since the styles are heavily based on 90s grunge which was really androgenous.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited June 2022
    I don't know which was more disconcerting- the grimace all throughout the trailer, or the amount of laughter I got from everything else afterwards.

This gave me very much 'Life Is Strange' vibes, and though I liked the 2nd one, I can't say there's any love lost for that series, so I suppose that did no favors for the trailer.

I'm holding out to see more, but if I know my track-record for gut feelings (only been wrong about Eco Lifestyle thus far, and it was great), I'll probably end up giving this one a pass.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    OMG! Actual full shirts for females!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally some good looking grunge and full shirts for females....This alone sold me the pack... I kid you not!

Then.... there is the run down furniture, everything looks tore or just pitted together....

But those full shirts....just OMG!!! I super excited for full, non belly showing...clothes (move over let this Boomer in)...

Yes, yes .... I am an odd unique person. I confess.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member

Wait what? Is that....?

Is that a buildable trailer home I'm seeing? With the metal trailer frame on the bottom? :o

*faint*
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    edited June 2022

Okay my only fear with that is that the "Zoomers" will actually be "Hello Fellow Kid" Gen X in attitude from 1992 :)
    Looks from the trailer like the "Boomers" are eco-friendly nice people and the Zoomers are "edgy". Which makes me want to join the Boomers eve as a YA Sim.

The rest sounds really good as an adaptation of the same-ish system for vampires. Tho just like with Vampires I am sure it is almost impossible to actually have any noticeable downsides. Way too easy to become a daywalker for example.

If anything, it looks to me more like the so-called Boomers would actually be Gen X in real life. (They appear to be middle-aged for the most part, and IRL Gen X is now solidly middle-aged, with the older end creeping into senior/"elder" status. Whereas real life Boomers are pretty far into the elder category now.) But I'm not surprised... everyone forgets about Gen X! :D

Then again, maybe my aging Gen X eyes just couldn't see the trailer well enough to distinguish between elder and adult sims!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,845 Member
    Any room for a girl who's late to the party? Am I late or am I fashionably late?

I finally got a chance to sit down and really take in the trailer on a proper computer screen not a dinky phone.

- First off I love love love our wolfies! And before I go any further, that howling toddler is the single most adorable thing I've seen in a very long time, and I stand by what said earlier about him, he's the cutest toddler sim, ever.

- I love the look and feel of Moonwood Mill, but I'm not thrilled by the news that it only has 5 lots. I will give it every chance, with an open mind all the way up to the time where I see it on my monitor. Then I'll make my final decision. It is gorgeous, and it is the forested world we wanted, well those of us who wanted forested worlds anyway. It has everything I wanted except lots of lots. By the way, any word on fog? It would be impossible to go back and read all the posts that have happened so far. By the time I got back to this point I'd be another 18 pages behind.🤣 This time I blame my boss for refusing to allow call-ins today, not coworkers tying me to chairs.

- The CAS looks amazing. They're really on their game with the look of it, but let me guess, the items for the guys are few and far between. Figured as much. I like the aesthetic they chose too.

- Seeing the wolf faces up close I'm eager to see if the facial sliders are the same or if there are new ones. The faces look like they're something we can work with to make improvements. The one thing I would change is the size of the head. They seemed a bit too small.

God it's good to be home finally and back with my forum family. It was such a long day, I thought by the time I got home I might be in time to see the reveal for The Sims 10. I'm going to try and find the flow of conversation and see if I can jump in.

• Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    OMG! Actual full shirts for females!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally some good looking grunge and full shirts for females....This alone sold me the pack... I kid you not!

Then.... there is the run down furniture, everything looks tore or just pitted together....

But those full shirts....just OMG!!! I super excited for full, non belly showing...clothes (move over let this Boomer in)...

Yes, yes .... I am an odd unique person. I confess.

I am also extremely happy that we have actual full length shirt for female sims!!! I've been wanting more of them for quite so time now!

I do hope some of the shirts have lighter colored swatches though, despite most of them taking on a grungier look.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Okay my only fear with that is that the "Zoomers" will actually be "Hello Fellow Kid" Gen X in attitude from 1992 :)
    Looks from the trailer like the "Boomers" are eco-friendly nice people and the Zoomers are "edgy". Which makes me want to join the Boomers eve as a YA Sim.

The rest sounds really good as an adaptation of the same-ish system for vampires. Tho just like with Vampires I am sure it is almost impossible to actually have any noticeable downsides. Way too easy to become a daywalker for example.

If anything, it looks to me more like the so-called Boomers would actually be Gen X in real life. (They appear to be middle-aged for the most part, and IRL Gen X is now solidly middle-aged, with the older end creeping into senior/"elder" status. Whereas real life Boomers are pretty far into the elder category now.) But I'm not surprised... everyone forgets about Gen X! :D

Then again, maybe my aging Gen X eyes just couldn't see the trailer well enough to distinguish between elder and adult sims!

Gen X when people talk about us: "Ssssh, nobody is supposed to know we're here".
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    Okay, I am legit excited now!

Plenty of customization on the werewolf form. I like the humanoid body shape a lot better with clothes on. I love all the grungy furniture, decor, clothes, and accessories. Cute toddler interactions. Intriguing sounding gameplay. Definitely has my attention! :love:

My only concern now (which I didn't see directly addressed anywhere) is if there is a built-in animosity toward vampires. I don't want that. I prefer to create my own stories and my own conflicts. So that would be near to a deal-breaker for me.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited June 2022

As a member of awkward late 90s
    "I don't belong anywhere" club
    I would much rather join the Boom-x wolves club too please don't throw me in same room with the Zoomers I beg
    * claws the club door desperately while howling*

I will do the dishes and clean the club room and make food pls I'll be good kid :bawling:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    This article hints at a lot of depth for werewolves.
    • The underground tunnel system mentions finding quicker routes and navigation, so it's likely not a rabbit hole thing.
    • We have two packs we can join - the Moonwood Collective (Boomers) and the Wildfangs (Zoomers).
    • To join the pack, you need to take part in a few trials. Once you're in a pack, there's a hierarchy you have to follow. There are obligations and do's and don'ts. I expect this to just be a Clubs reskin, but it could still be fun.
    • You can become the pack's Alpha. Maybe you can kick out the other members and morph your pack into whatever you want?
    • There seems to be a Fury system, which is always growing. Once you maxed out your fury, transformation is imminent. So control your emotions or you'll turn into a werewolf?
    • There's temperaments, which affect how your sim's fury will grow. Going against your temperament raises your fury.
    • Being under a full moon raises your fury. There's a mention of a lunar resistance unlockable, so this might help with that.
    • Other unlockables: immortality, marking your territory, and running on all fours/
    • You can find books about the lore in the library, but the good stuff is hidden away. You can look for books and items.
    • There's only one person in town who isn't a werewolf.
    • You can ask sims their opinions on being a werewolf, sort of like the individualized pop-up windows and stories we got in Cottage Living and MWS.
    • We're getting another bar. Whoopee.
    • There's something called Werebies, which is different from Lycanthropy.
    • There are pictures of werewolves during the day, doing casual things. I hope we can make our sims stay in their wolf forms forever.

So we can have werewolves with different temperaments that influence behavior and gameplay. There are unlockable powers. There's a pack system in place, and you have to actively work to get in. Once you do, you'll have rules to follow and things to do, and you'll even be able to become the pack's leader.

This werewolf version of the vampire and spellcaster trees looks like it's going to be even better! I love that you have to earn your way in. The entry into the Magic Realm is too easy, so are vampires but you at least have to work a little bit harder to build up to getting turned. I love the idea of Alphas that have to maintain their grip on leadership. Now all the fighting in the trailer makes a little more sense. I hope you don't have to fight every single day or some crazy short time span to keep control of the pack, that would be annoying. Once in a while keeps it from becoming monotonous. Temperaments and fury look amazing too. This is looking so much like what I was picturing in my mind. I'm loving it!

I am right on the edge of a full happy freakout, it won't take much more to push me over the edge. Push away.
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    It's slightly freaking me out with all this talk of Greg. Whos Greg? Well my husband is named Greg and that's all I can think of when I hear the name Greg. lol It's not a common name or at least not in TX. It would be funny if this Greg character is supposed to be the cranky human hermit with all those keep away signs because my Greg is very much a cranky old human. :p

Yes, @SimplyJen your husband is in the game pack! lol
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I think mooncasters are probably the connection werewolves have with spellcasters. We know vampires and werewolves have a rivalry but what about spellcasters?

That would be interesting because I have a spellcaster sim married to a "normal" sim that I plan to make a werewolf--very curious about the cross-pack functionality!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Rewatching the trailer, I think I seen it...the fog. If anybody hears a really loud squealing sound it's me. It means I confirmed the fog and I am in the middle of my happy freakout. There are so many things in here that were on my wishlist. So far the only things to not make it were beastly wolves which were never going to happen and lots of lots. Pretty much everything else I was looking for is there and as good or better than I dared dream!

AHOOOOOOOO!🌕🐺
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    This pack wasn't what I thought it would be...Its so much more than that.

Please forgive me, and bear with me for a bit while I go absolutely bonkers! I was so depressed all day at work because I couldn't be here, not anymore!!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    By the time they reveal Greg i will have already named whole town Greg and then i will just have to go and name everyone Greg with Greg pronouns regardless of their real names
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited June 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »

I would much rather join the Boom-x wolves club too please don't throw me in same room with the Zoomers I beg

I will do the dishes and clean the club room and make food pls I'll be good kid :bawling:

Oh gosh same here.
    I was born in 97 which by some sources is considered Millennial, and by others the beginning of Gen Z, which I do not relate to at all. :grimace:

Maybe all of us "I don't belong anywhere" can start our own werewolf pack???
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Let's call ourselves the Tunnel Dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Has anyone else watched the trailer like 5 times?

I love the music they put in with it. I think it was really fun. I love the wolf shaking water off itself..

Rewatching the trailer, I think I seen it...the fog.

It seemed like there was a little fog in there. I was looking for it too. I didn't see any heavy fog. So I am wondering if we will get fog emitters, or if there is just some specifically set for that world.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    The trailer was awesome! Can't wait for werewolves!!!
    He/Him
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »

Oh gosh same here.
    I was born in 97 which by some sources is considered Millennial, and by others the beginning of Gen Z, which I do not relate to at all. :grimace:

Yes maybe the lone wolves will gather under the same tree once in a while and just snooze and grill some snacks and look at birds and stuff
    Gordy wrote: »
    Let's call ourselves the Tunnel Dragons.

or yes i guess we could be tunnel dragons i like dragons *immediately starts digging ground in hopes theres dragons*
  • Options
    edited June 2022

I love the music they put in with it. I think it was really fun. I love the wolf shaking water off itself..

It seemed like there was a little fog in there. I was looking for it too. I didn't see any heavy fog. So I am wondering if we will get fog emitters, or if there is just some specifically set for that world.

What I saw were wisps. Go to 0:16 and pause when you see the feet and look at the trailer in the background. It looks like a thin veil of fog in front of the trailer.
  • Options

Wait what? Is that....?

Is that a buildable trailer home I'm seeing? With the metal trailer frame on the bottom? :o

*faint*

You should have waited for me. We could have stood back-to-back and fainted together and stayed on our feet.

I'm with you, if that is really a buildable trailer, happy freakout time!

• Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member

What I saw were wisps. Go to 0:16 and pause when you see the feet and look at the trailer in the background. It looks like a thin veil of fog in front of the trailer.

Oooh nice catch!!

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top