Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Werewolves Gameplay Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    "Teach to howl" is just too cute for words and love the look of the new crib.

But 5 lots :(
    I'll never get used to these tiny worlds. Five, with two being neighbourhood lots, leaves very little room for two distinct wolf packs.
  • Options
    AlpacapybaraAlpacapybara Posts: 32 Member
    Well, at least one of my predictions came true, with there being a division between the more "tamed" and the more "wild", that is great actually, makes for more style of play rather than just forcing players to do this or that and to have x or y personality to be a werewolf (Sims 2 ._. )

Goes in line with the fact that when it comes to occult the TS4 team has been doing it pretty well.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I wish I took screenshot because the tweet is now deleted. A simguru posted some pics of two of the trailer sims I think taking some selfies together and Im pretty sure I saw about 3 new selfie poses. I think they thought it wasn't new or it was already released but then realized it's new and they weren't supposed to post it lol.

It was really cool poses too I wish I had taken a screen shot 😫
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    Okay, so regarding the tops discussion - I checked higher resolution pics in the app and there are 7 female frame tops and 7 male frame tops (not counting the stuff for kids)

zAASfxv.png
    xtlK131.png
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited June 2022

I hope that both women from the trailer is in the game, or at least downloadable. The bluehaired was insta-propelled to iconic premade in my mind.

Now to the important part: If I don't play a pre-made werewolf (which I tend ot avoid even with vamps and mermaids)... I have to come up with lore, backstory, and a career.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    Plumbeeb wrote: »

All I want is a dark/eerie/spooky world that's the same size as base game worlds. I'd like plenty of space to have all my occults in one world, and so that they can still go to bars/clubs, gyms, parks etc. If we're gonna keep getting tiny worlds with occult focused game packs, then please just give us standalone worlds we can purchase.

That's my dream too, can't tell you how much I miss Moonlight Falls and this pack gives a similar vibe, but it's far too few lots. I want a Willow Creek sized world with a dark spooky feel for all the occults.

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    This looks amazing!!

Almost midnight and I just want to keep reading. Ugh, being an adult is so hard sometimes.

So so happy, looking forward all the new info.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    This article hints at a lot of depth for werewolves.
    • The underground tunnel system mentions finding quicker routes and navigation, so it's likely not a rabbit hole thing.
    • We have two packs we can join - the Moonwood Collective (Boomers) and the Wildfangs (Zoomers).
    • To join the pack, you need to take part in a few trials. Once you're in a pack, there's a hierarchy you have to follow. There are obligations and do's and don'ts. I expect this to just be a Clubs reskin, but it could still be fun.
    • You can become the pack's Alpha. Maybe you can kick out the other members and morph your pack into whatever you want?
    • There seems to be a Fury system, which is always growing. Once you maxed out your fury, transformation is imminent. So control your emotions or you'll turn into a werewolf?
    • There's temperaments, which affect how your sim's fury will grow. Going against your temperament raises your fury.
    • Being under a full moon raises your fury. There's a mention of a lunar resistance unlockable, so this might help with that.
    • Other unlockables: immortality, marking your territory, and running on all fours/
    • You can find books about the lore in the library, but the good stuff is hidden away. You can look for books and items.
    • There's only one person in town who isn't a werewolf.
    • You can ask sims their opinions on being a werewolf, sort of like the individualized pop-up windows and stories we got in Cottage Living and MWS.
    • We're getting another bar. Whoopee.
    • There's something called Werebies, which is different from Lycanthropy.
    • There are pictures of werewolves during the day, doing casual things. I hope we can make our sims stay in their wolf forms forever.

So we can have werewolves with different temperaments that influence behavior and gameplay. There are unlockable powers. There's a pack system in place, and you have to actively work to get in. Once you do, you'll have rules to follow and things to do, and you'll even be able to become the pack's leader.

Thank you for this information!!! I'm so psyched 😭😭😭😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited June 2022
    Only 5 lots is a shame. But I love the look of the world so far at least. It def looks more like a proper backwoods place, rather than a suburban nature mash up. I can't wait to see it fully.

I love the premades we've seen. The trailer makes it look like those girls have a story, and I want to sink my teeth into it!

The aesthetic is so amazing!

ALSO
    Y'all saw a that sophisticated looking wolf using a small telescope right!!! You didn't miss that did you?

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 722 Member
    OMG, the trailer looks amazing! I'm so happy, time to start picking out which of my sims are gonna be werewolves. :D
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited June 2022
    This article hints at a lot of depth for werewolves.
    • The underground tunnel system mentions finding quicker routes and navigation, so it's likely not a rabbit hole thing.
    • We have two packs we can join - the Moonwood Collective (Boomers) and the Wildfangs (Zoomers).
    • To join the pack, you need to take part in a few trials. Once you're in a pack, there's a hierarchy you have to follow. There are obligations and do's and don'ts. I expect this to just be a Clubs reskin, but it could still be fun.
    • You can become the pack's Alpha. Maybe you can kick out the other members and morph your pack into whatever you want?
    • There seems to be a Fury system, which is always growing. Once you maxed out your fury, transformation is imminent. So control your emotions or you'll turn into a werewolf?
    • There's temperaments, which affect how your sim's fury will grow. Going against your temperament raises your fury.
    • Being under a full moon raises your fury. There's a mention of a lunar resistance unlockable, so this might help with that.
    • Other unlockables: immortality, marking your territory, and running on all fours/
    • You can find books about the lore in the library, but the good stuff is hidden away. You can look for books and items.
    • There's only one person in town who isn't a werewolf.
    • You can ask sims their opinions on being a werewolf, sort of like the individualized pop-up windows and stories we got in Cottage Living and MWS.
    • We're getting another bar. Whoopee.
    • There's something called Werebies, which is different from Lycanthropy.
    • There are pictures of werewolves during the day, doing casual things. I hope we can make our sims stay in their wolf forms forever.

So we can have werewolves with different temperaments that influence behavior and gameplay. There are unlockable powers. There's a pack system in place, and you have to actively work to get in. Once you do, you'll have rules to follow and things to do, and you'll even be able to become the pack's leader.

Okay my only fear with that is that the "Zoomers" will actually be "Hello Fellow Kid" Gen X in attitude from 1992 :)
    Looks from the trailer like the "Boomers" are eco-friendly nice people and the Zoomers are "edgy". Which makes me want to join the Boomers eve as a YA Sim.

The rest sounds really good as an adaptation of the same-ish system for vampires. Tho just like with Vampires I am sure it is almost impossible to actually have any noticeable downsides. Way too easy to become a daywalker for example.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    There's only one person in town who isn't a werewolf.

NOW WE KNOW WHO GREG IS!

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    There's only one person in town who isn't a werewolf.

NOW WE KNOW WHO GREG IS!

Maybe. Perhaps the real Greg were the friends we made along the way.

It's not nice to taunt someone in this state of excitement @EA_Cade!

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    But the real mystery: where are the frogs? They were promised to meeeeee.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited June 2022
    BlueR0se wrote: »

It looks like there is a log similar to the frog log from base game in the build/buy photo for Werewolves in the second row next to the stack of tires. Perhaps, the devs have added more collectable frogs.
    bXiZdvs.jpg
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    This may be helpful information regarding the CAS discussion
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy!!

This pack is going to be such an awesome addition to the game! The werewolves, the wolfie packs, running on all fours, marking our territory, customization in CAS, skill tree, catching werebies (rabies) from getting bitten, cranky cantankerous old hermit Greg....

And the grunge.... all that beautiful beautiful sweet grunge. Yessssss!

2fvvzCj.gif
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    favriel wrote: »
    Okay, so regarding the tops discussion - I checked higher resolution pics in the app and there are 7 female frame tops and 7 male frame tops (not counting the stuff for kids)

zAASfxv.png
    xtlK131.png

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I actually didn't think the Sims 2 ones were that bad. Taking graphics for the time into consideration, one thing you can say for them, they are freaking scary. You do not want that thing running at you in the woods... :worried:

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member
    Iron Seagull's Reaction Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aekBOVt5Iuc

James Turner's Reaction Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=058cF8_iWwg
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,024 Member
    Depending on how the world looks, I might be able to work with it. I can pretend it's a small town close to Brindleton Bay, or maybe even a neighborhood in Brindleton Bay, and people can "drive" between the two places. I like the idea of worlds that are close by, so it feels more realistic for sims to jump between the worlds.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Depending on how the world looks, I might be able to work with it. I can pretend it's a small town close to Brindleton Bay, or maybe even a neighborhood in Brindleton Bay, and people can "drive" between the two places. I like the idea of worlds that are close by, so it feels more realistic for sims to jump between the worlds.

That is how I play too. I just mentally see certain places as neighboring cities or towns. I don't need community lots in all worlds for this reason.

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    BlueR0se wrote: »

It looks like there is a log similar to the frog log from base game in the build/buy photo for Werewolves in the second row next to the stack of tires. Perhaps, the devs have added more collectable frogs.
    bXiZdvs.jpg

if so theres possibility Greg is a frog

I was also considering Greg might be some hidden tunnel creature you encounter while underground like pit beast
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top