Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Werewolves Gameplay Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Do we know the plotsizes yet?
    I really hope there is a plot big enough for my haunted Asylum since it got the werwolve statues and Dr.Hyde (the psychiatrist) is gonna be a werwolf herself (Ive been waiting sooo long to finally turn her into a real wolfy).
    Not only are we getting a normal sized telescope but it’s useable and…potentially fatal.

Now THAT is my kind of telescope >:)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited June 2022
    @Amapola76

I'm also disappointed, but not really surprised, that Moonwood Mill only has five lots. I wish the devs would do a Supernatural EP so that we could get at least one proper large occult themed world. However, from the trailer screenshots it looks like the bar might just be a shell building/stall and not take up a buildable lot space.

FUQxhUZXsAAstla?format=jpg&name=medium

I hope you're right! It did look that way to me, too, at first, but then they said that the bar was one of the lots built by James Turner, so that's confusing.

And I completely agree with you about having one large occult world that would have room for all the occults. Maybe someday we'll get a town that's basically Newcrest, but spooky.

In the meantime, I'll just keep imagining that the spellcasters, vampires, and wolves are all in their own little neighborhoods on the outskirts of Granite Falls. If only they would at least open up the vacation worlds as hybrid worlds...
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    they should drop the map screen so I could start scheming
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Even though i kinda foresee it I'm sad the broken windows and boarded windows didn't make it to b/b catalog those would have been soo useful :bawling:

Ahem... bb.showliveeditobjects is your friend ;)
    Unless those windows are tied to a whole building but still, there is always more for cheaters :#
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    bizuktag wrote: Β»
    Funny, to me it looks like a lot of masculine clothes, I only see one top (a jacket) that clearly has well... shapes in the front.

Edit yep: The only jacket that is clearly feminine is the one at the bottom right (ALL other jackets and shirts are on a male frame), and that's in all other ways identical to another jacket in that picture so my guess is all jackets and shirts are unisex.
    Scars and tattoos are just on a female sim, they won't be female exclusive of course.

I count seven tops that are on a female frame. If you zoom in, you can see the female sim's hair (a shoulder length bob) behind the collars of some of the tops.

Hair is unisex. I only see two tops without a flat chest, one of them twice, one with a flat chest, one without.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I'm pretty excited that we're finally getting werewolves. I know people aren't thrilled with the way they look, but it doesn't bother me that much. It's very... Sims 4. I created a "werewolf" couple that are "vampire hunters," so I can finally make them actual werewolves! Yay! I really hope there is cross pack integration with vampires. I want them to be enemies. My biggest complaint about this pack is the world. It doesn't look like there's much to it. The build/buy and CAS look nice though.
  • Options
    I know we are two weeks out but the more I am looking at this the more I want to start over... again. Grrr me and my brain don't get along some times.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: Β»
    Not sure if this has already been posted but it looks like we got all the CAS/Build/Buy stuff here

Not a huge fan of the lack of masculine clothes/hairstyles. Kinda hate that I'm also used to that.

Thanks for posting! I was just getting ready to do so myself. But I'm working the forums and my discord group at the same time, so I'm slow. Lol.

These are viewable in the EA App if you search for the Werewolves game pack. In case you wanted to see the higher res versions.

Ooh! Thank you so much for this info!!! I'm definitely going to have to look for them there
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    One worry of mine: I’m hoping the cross pack interactions aren’t too forced on creating friction between the various occults, especially for those of us who make mixed families. Maybe it could be an old prejudice or grudge?

I do hope we have some choice in the matter and that the interactions aren't all forced friction since I'd like to have some packs who are friends or neutral with vamps and others who hate them.
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I haven't gone back and read everything I missed since last night. Def need some Cliff Notes!
    But OMG, I LOVE LOVE LOVED the trailer! I am super psyched for the pack!
    Did you guys notice their ears moving!? That was so cute!

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Oh gosh I have so much to read over I'll be reading all night lol. πŸ™ˆBeen busy all day but just now saw the trailer and dropped in to say this is everything I could have wished for in a werewolf pack! I laughed so hard at how they pee πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ the PEIRCINGS!! THE B/B THE RIPPED CLOTHES and grungy stuff!! 😭😭😭 The world from what I saw looks good too. I love everything I saw and didn't see eveything yet. I think this pack is going to be equal with vampires. I can't wait to see how everything works with the mates and everything.
    AHHHHHHHHHHH on to read 100 pages now....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Hair is unisex. I only see two tops without a flat chest, one of them twice, one with a flat chest, one without.

Yeah, hair can be unisex. But preview thumbnails of male clothing tops in CAS don't have long shoulder-length bobs; female ones do.

Some of these tops are a bit bulky, so you might not be seeing the "shapes" in the front, but the hair in the thumbnail means it's being previewed on a female sim and is a top for a female frame.
  • Options
    bizuktag wrote: Β»

Yeah, hair can be unisex. But preview thumbnails of male clothing tops in CAS don't have long shoulder-length bobs; female ones do.

Some of these tops are a bit bulky, so you might not be seeing the "shapes" in the front, but the hair in the thumbnail means it's being previewed on a female sim and is a top for a female frame.

Well, all I can say is that it looks like a male frame except on two items, one of them occurring twice with different frames.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    Even though i kinda foresee it I'm sad the broken windows and boarded windows didn't make it to b/b catalog those would have been soo useful :bawling:

Ahem... bb.showliveeditobjects is your friend ;)
    Unless those windows are tied to a whole building but still, there is always more for cheaters :#

yeah hopefully they are separate at least in debug but then again why not just make them actual windows tho :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: Β»
    BUT WHO IS GREG???

maybe he's the one that bite the girl in the trailer @EA_Cade
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited June 2022
    Initial impressions: This looks exactly like TS4: Vampires, but Werewolves and that is exactly what I wanted. I did not expect the punk, grungy, run-down, apocalypse look and it is a very nice surprise. Toddlers seemingly being able to at least somewhat partake in Werewolf actions is another nice surprise. The transformation looks very good and if that article is correct, I love that we have to maintain our Sim's temperment, that is an idea I was hoping for.

The new guitar, I'm all for it, but if it's just another acoustic that looks like an electric, I'll be quite disappointed. *looks at Grim guitar*

I'm even surprised our Werewolves can wear clothes! Of course, combined with the fact that we can see Werewolves being very casual and their appearance, I have to agree, they definitely look like furries. I did not see a single Werewolf that looked even sort of intimidating and that's disappointing, but there may still be a way to at least somewhat achieve that via creative CAS combinations and if you're like me, CC. Which I expect a lot will come out for Werewolves. Quite a few already have. Plus, hey... we've had Werewolves that looked a lot worse.

I'm digging the world too. Honestly, I think the worlds in a lot of recent packs have been very good.

Overall, though, it's been a long time since I've been excited about a pack. I definitely am now.

EDIT: And lunar cycles are in all worlds. Yep. Totally getting this.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I think mooncasters are probably the connection werewolves have with spellcasters. We know vampires and werewolves have a rivalry but what about spellcasters?
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    So, I know people have said, "Oh, of course it's only five lots, because Vampires only had five lots." Which would be all well and good except that Vampires didn't come with any mandatory (or at least crucial) lots.

Here, though, we have only five lots and two of them are already taken up by a bar and a library. What's worse, it sounds like we can't necessarily get rid of them. The library, with apparently a special NPC librarian, sounds like it will be similar to the library in Strangerville, in terms of being something you have to keep, at least if you want to experience all of the lore and the gameplay. Similarly, the bar apparently has its own special NPC, which sounds like it's going to function a bit like the pub in Henford.

That only leaves three lots, and if you want to keep both premade wolf packs, at least in some form, you're probably going to need to have each pack associated with a lot, which leaves... exactly one lot to live in? That doesn't seem right at all.

I wasn't expecting a huge number of lots for a GP, and one neighborhood would be fine, but it would have been nice to have at least two lots to choose between.

Honestly after the fiasco that was MWS trying to cram a ton of gameplay in as well as a large number of lots for a GP, I will happily sacrifice lots for super cool gameplay. Someone on Twitter mentioned using this world as a suburb of Evergreen Harbor, and I think that's the route I'm going to take too. I basically have my game divided into districts and this will fit nicely with Evergreen Harbor in one of them.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited June 2022
    Only five lots in the new world? Thoroughly disappointing. 😩

All I want is a dark/eerie/spooky world that's the same size as base game worlds. I'd like plenty of space to have all my occults in one world, and so that they can still go to bars/clubs, gyms, parks etc. If we're gonna keep getting tiny worlds with occult focused game packs, then please just give us standalone worlds we can purchase.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top