Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGurus Are Hinting Something. 🤔

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    What if "Mooncaster" is actually the surname name of a werewolf family? Or people who are part of the world's lore?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Is it too soon to start searching for a werewolf quiz for my giveaway? 😄
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member

I think it's safe to start.😁
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Gordy wrote: »
    What if "Mooncaster" is actually the surname name of a werewolf family? Or people who are part of the world's lore?

The Mooncaster family founded the mill and the town that grew up around it. One night coming back to town from the mill one of the family was attacked, bitten, and became a werewolf. That member attacked and killed or turned the rest of the family. That one member of the family, or the whole family, was hunted down or run out of the area. If they were only run off, now they're back.

Or one member of the family escaped, while townsfolk killed the rest. They hid out and now have come back with a pack of werewolves to seek their revenge.
  • Options
    New challenge: Everyone posts a picture of a dog or wolf instead.

Okay, I might just want an excuse to show everyone my dog.

The Mooncaster family founded the mill and the town that grew up around it. One night coming back to town from the mill one of the family was attacked, bitten, and became a werewolf. That member attacked and killed or turned the rest of the family. That one member of the family, or the whole family, was hunted down or run out of the area. If they were only run off, now they're back.

Or one member of the family escaped, while townsfolk killed the rest. They hid out and now have come back with a pack of werewolves to seek their revenge.
    Dang, that'd be pretty based. It'd be cool if the werewolf (or werewolves) also lived amongst the townpeople, so anyone could be a threat. Everyone will have to be on their guard all the time.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    New challenge: Everyone posts a picture of a dog or wolf instead.

Okay, I might just want an excuse to show everyone my dog.

Dang, that'd be pretty based. It'd be cool if the werewolf (or werewolves) also lived amongst the townpeople, so anyone could be a threat. Everyone will have to be on their guard all the time.

I'm thinking the family got chased out of town, that's where there were Mooncaster's here comes in. Or were they all chased out of town? Maybe a younger one who hadn't found his werewolf powers was left behind and adopted. Now that child is grown and discovering their powers as werewolf and it's happening amongst the unsuspecting townsfolk who thought all the Moonscaster's were gone.
  • Options
    AlpacapybaraAlpacapybara Posts: 32 Member
    Werewolves always struggled a bit in The Sims, imo, from the forced personality of 2 to the uhhhh disaster that was their faces in 3, lol. With the game packs demanding more than ever from the occults with the perk trees and many abilities, we will probably see a full overhaul, unlike anything we had before. That is probably why this game pack is hinting at a bit more (and why it took so long)

With the theme of the world being a mill (woodmill?) and the frogs and logs giving an equally wild vibes, I wouldn't be impressed if, for example, werewolves somehow played along with the off-grid focus that latter Sims 4 expansions have. Maybe the hunter-gatherer to Cottage's subsistence agriculture, though it's hard to think of sims gameplay being homeless it could perhaps benefit from living pretty close to full paleo,

Find another root maybe indicating a better scavenging for food system lol (lime, indicating lots of natural orchards to pick fruit from), ski being closer to old norse, stick of wood, skewer snack, gives the idea of someone old in the woods over a firepit. Woe be fate, perhaps a curse meaning the sim struggles with tech? Hmm.... All this moon talking is making me into a lunatic lmao
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I hope the Mooncasters were some kind of group of magic-makers who made some kind of gigantic Oops, possibly causing their own demise (perhaps becoming werecreatures themselves). I'd personally be much less interested in the family history of some people who just happened to have Mooncaster as a surname. :sleepy:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I hope the Mooncasters were some kind of group of magic-makers who made some kind of gigantic Oops, possibly causing their own demise (perhaps becoming werecreatures themselves). I'd personally be much less interested in the family history of some people who just happened to have Mooncaster as a surname. :sleepy:

At this point Maxis can write whatever backstory they want. With help from @Gordy we're already writing the backstory for them, if they do turn out to be a family of werewolves. I like where our story is going.

• Options
    Story needs some dragons, though.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    What story can't be improved by dragons, or fire-breathing frogs, or both.
  • Options
    I know what the story really needs, weredragons!
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Moonlight Falls returns move over Vampires the it's going to be the wolfs vs the spell casters in this one, shape shifters are a Native American lore that the tribes do not like talking about them because the lore is very true to them. I would like them to bring back the dark spell casters like in the Sims 2 we had the light/darkness for a witch.
  • Options
    LeowyldLeowyld Posts: 73 Member
    A battle between druids/spellcasters/"mooncasters" and ordinary villagers. So, the druids created werewolves to be soldiers in that conflict? That's my best guess. Unless it was werewolves versus those casters, instead.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    OK! OK! Do you think that the new and upcoming world "Moonwood Mill" will be either Canadian or Scottish? Cause my head was thinking about that a unicorn is mostly a national animal of Scotland, cause I want a Canadian world that functions both residential and destination.

Well, Iron Seagull was talking about it possibly being French inspired, it does mention Alps. And I was thinking the note is also mentioning citrus, could we be getting some new citrus tree’s like oranges and limes? With the word Mill, I wonder if we will get wheat and a flour mill……. Just some thoughts here. Who marks it’s territory? Maybe wolves….
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Does anyone have like a specific cryptogram translator that's able to translate these images? I really want to try it out for myself, but I have had absolutely zero luck in finding anything. :cry: Or a translation guide they can link? Literally ANYTHING to make this all clearer.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Does anyone have like a specific cryptogram translator that's able to translate these images? I really want to try it out for myself, but I have had absolutely zero luck in finding anything. :cry: Or a translation guide they can link? Literally ANYTHING to make this all clearer.

Granted other people got there faster, but I was settling in to do it the old fashioned way... Letter frequency and patterns.

The half circle was clearly an E or an O, with O being more likely because of the doubling in GrimSuruDoi's post, and then it's just a matter of working out the most likely words/letters from there.

Helps that I used to watch Wheel of Fortune a lot.
  • Options
    > @MeowchaFrappe said:
    > Does anyone have like a specific cryptogram translator that's able to translate these images? I really want to try it out for myself, but I have had absolutely zero luck in finding anything. :cry: Or a translation guide they can link? Literally ANYTHING to make this all clearer.

The first tweet, the one that had the message about cirtus and alps, etc. It ended with "xoxo", which was a hint to put together alternating letters of that tweet - that said something like "the first letter of every tweet since April 26". If you go to the dev's twitter who posted it, and read through his tweets, the first letters - going back to April 26 - spell out Welcome to Moonwood Mill. That tells you what the attached image with runes reads as and, as such, gives you the first step to cracking the others. By entering the letters you know and figuring out what fits for what you don't.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    @DaWaterRat @Leowyld Thank you both so much for answering me. I was literally about to give up, since doing so much research to no avail was starting to hurt my brain.

I'll try reading through Doi's tweets and seeing if I can crack the code. It literally just looked like a bunch of random gibberish to me
  • Options
    > @MeowchaFrappe said:
    > @DaWaterRat @Leowyld Thank you both so much for answering me. I was literally about to give up, since doing so much research to no avail was starting to hurt my brain.
    >
    > I'll try reading through Doi's tweets and seeing if I can crack the code. It literally just looked like a bunch of random gibberish to me

It's basically just an alternate alphabet. And Doi's tweet was to give you which runes were W, E, L, C, O, M, N, D, and I. With the other runic messages, you just have to figure out what the letters you don't know are by filling in the letters you learned from Doi. And then take any new letters you learned on to the next message, to make it easier.
  • Options
    I survived the century conflict. A hundred year war. The Hundred Years War was fought in France.

So it is a French world. Scratch my guess on a swamp world.
  • Options
    The main thing that makes me doubt a French world is the name. Generally, if they have a world inspired by a different country, its name will be indicative of that. I'd expect it to be Bois de Lune or something, instead of Moonwood Mill.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top