Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGurus Are Hinting Something. 🤔

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Rivers/lakes also made transporting logs/lumber easy as they could just float the logs downriver to the mill, and bring boats in to transport the lumber.
    I may be overthinking things, but Loup-Garou(werewolves), lots of frogs, swamps. I'm really thinking we're getting a dark, murky, swamp world.

Hope it's not too dark. I'd prefer misty and foggy.

It might be foggy. Ninja's profile pic background had/has fog, iirc.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Swampy/boggy/marshy areas tend to have lots and lots of frogs.

... and snakes
    ... and alligators
    I like this interpretation.

And werewolves. The Cajun's in Louisiana have their own werewolf lore. Their werewolves are called Loup-Garou. So swamps and werewolves do mix. Could the new world be a swamp world?

It could be anywhere, really.

Marshy areas are very common in most forests around the world. It could be Louisiana deep dark swamps, or the redwood rain forests of the Pacific Northwest (which is where the Sims 3 Moonlight Falls was based on), or it could be somewhere around the french alps.

I'd be super happy with any of the above. I've been itching for a rustic foresty type of area (like Granite Falls) were our simmies can permanently live.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,776 Member
    RoseQuartz wrote: »
    We've had a lot of mills, right? The mill in Evergreen Harbor and the one in Henford-on-Bagley, and now maybe this one? I like mills, they're pretty, but...that's a lot of mills.

Maybe it's a sawmill in Moonwood Mills (pretty name, if true), a grain mill in HoB, and an industrial mill in EH. So they could still be different.

I don't know how active it is now, but at one time there was a lumber industry in Louisiana. That's probably getting into stretching it territory, but mills did exist in the swamps.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,544 Member
    not going to join the speculation so all i will say is wait and see
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    Here's a little reading for those who want to know more about Loup-Garou

https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Loup-garou
    The run-down built up area in the quarterly teaser could have been a hint about an industrial theme for Moonwood Mill. The shadow on the wall looked like a tree when slowed down. Fits into the forested/wooded area theme. Also ties in the full moon scene with the moon themed name.
    Swampy/boggy/marshy areas tend to have lots and lots of frogs.

... and snakes
    ... and alligators
    I like this interpretation.

And werewolves. The Cajun's in Louisiana have their own werewolf lore. Their werewolves are called Loup-Garou. So swamps and werewolves do mix. Could the new world be a swamp world?

It could be anywhere, really.

Marshy areas are very common in most forests around the world. It could be Louisiana deep dark swamps, or the redwood rain forests of the Pacific Northwest (which is where the Sims 3 Moonlight Falls was based on), or it could be somewhere around the french alps.

I'd be super happy with any of the above. I've been itching for a rustic foresty type of area (like Granite Falls) were our simmies can permanently live.

I would be happy with any of those world, swamps/bogs and forests are what I associate with werewolves. I'm with you all the way on good forest world our sims can call home.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited May 2022
    I'm leaning more towards the redwood rain forests of the Pacific Northwest. Mainly because we already had a supernatural world in Sims 3 in that same area, Moonlight Falls.

Mountains, lakes, marshes, rivers, heavily forested.... and that entire area of North America all along the west coast (from Oregon, up through Canada, all the way up to Alaska) is where massive lumber industries operate (saw mills, pulp mills, lumber camps, etc).
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    Leowyld wrote: »
    Now I'm starting to wonder... what if this is all, instead, pointing to shapeshifting druids instead of werewolves. I hope I am wrong - I really want werewolves - but the alchemical symbols, frogs appearing mysteriously. I don't know.
    I'd be disappointed, but I'd still be happy to have another occult. But if they turn into animals or werecreatures, then they could be superior to werewolves.

As for the frog clue, this is a long shot, but maybe frogs are used in a potion to create/cure werewolves? Aside from that please please please give us real pet frogs. Frogs are some of my favorite animals. The fact that we can't bond, feed, or take care of the frogs in-game stinks.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,794 Member
    not going to join the speculation so all i will say is wait and see

Hopefully tomorrow. 😄
    The Pacific Northwest/British Columbia is the first place I thought of when I heard Moonwood Mill. Mill was the keyword. That would be so cool to have that.

I can't believe it, something other than the werewolves themselves has the rapt attention of my fevered imagination.
    edited May 2022
    Gordy wrote: »
    Leowyld wrote: »
    Now I'm starting to wonder... what if this is all, instead, pointing to shapeshifting druids instead of werewolves. I hope I am wrong - I really want werewolves - but the alchemical symbols, frogs appearing mysteriously. I don't know.
    I'd be disappointed, but I'd still be happy to have another occult. But if they turn into animals or werecreatures, then they could be superior to werewolves.

As for the frog clue, this is a long shot, but maybe frogs are used in a potion to create/cure werewolves? Aside from that please please please give us real pet frogs. Frogs are some of my favorite animals. The fact that we can't bond, feed, or take care of the frogs in-game stinks.

Hey Maxis, can we get Gordy some fire-breathing frogs. If he can't have dragons you can surely give him that.

• PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Okay, so I'm thinking along the lines of fogg and lumber/timber, somewhere with rocky mountains, forrests and log cabins. Kind of reminds me of Montana actually, but I'm usually way off with these things. Anyway, here's some pretty pictures I found to describe what I mean.

bDnCNxC.jpg
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    edited May 2022
    So I am of the opinion that the frogs is more of a hint on what kind of world we can expect. I was hoping for Scottish Highlands, but now I'm thinking swampy/foggy foresty lumber town? Like BC Canada? As a Canadian I could get behind that.

I also think Mooncasters is a big hint. I don't want to get any hopes up but I agree with the speculation that it might be a few different were animals instead of just wolves. Obviously it's borrowing mainly from Werewolf lore with full moons and stuff, but maybe we will get like cats and deer and bears and maybe gators or something.

I predict a skill tree similar to Vampires and Spellcasters but instead you pick your animal affinity and get different abilities/weaknesses. Maybe you can mix them up a bit as you go up the skill tree and get something more akin to a Wendigo. Like your "were" form has mixable animal parts to chose from and you actually build your were form up from your skill tree based on how you branch. Be cool if you could go "pure" and be only one animal and it ends in you being able to do a full form. So you could go werewolf and have a half wild form but also a full wild form if you max it out. This is a BIG wishlist but that fits the definition of "mooncaster" to me more than just wolves.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    What if they are giving us shapeshifters? Not just werewolves, not just fairies but a mix of the two.
    "Mooncasters" calls for lunar phases, druids, white witches and wicca!

Also don't forget about Big Foot. It was everywhere in the last camping kit. Might be added to the game.

About the world: what if it will be more like Mt. Komorebi? It has 3 types of locations in it, so they might give us a world with more locations to play with.
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    @KokoaMilk - I doubt it'll have 3 neighborhoods, since Snowy Escape was an EP and so had a larger world. This GP could be like Strangerville, though, and have 2 neighborhoods.
    RoseQuartz wrote: »
    @KokoaMilk - I doubt it'll have 3 neighborhoods, since Snowy Escape was an EP and so had a larger world. This GP could be like Strangerville, though, and have 2 neighborhoods.

Well even just two would be amazing.
    I just hope it won't be as little as Realm Of Magic
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    What if they are giving us shapeshifters? Not just werewolves, not just fairies but a mix of the two.

Also don't forget about Big Foot. It was everywhere in the last camping kit. Might be added to the game.

About the world: what if it will be more like Mt. Komorebi? It has 3 types of locations in it, so they might give us a world with more locations to play with.

The way the TS4 model has always been is that bigger world = expansion pack or a gameplay pack with less gameplay (or something else is cut). A bigger world sounds nice on paper but that usually means it's gonna turn into an EP or its going to be a very imbalanced gamepack. Id much rather have solid gameplay but small world vs the opposite.
    BlueR0se wrote: »

The way the TS4 model has always been is that bigger world = expansion pack or a gameplay pack with less gameplay (or something else is cut). A bigger world sounds nice on paper but that usually means it's gonna turn into an EP or its going to be a very imbalanced gamepack. Id much rather have solid gameplay but small world vs the opposite.

Yeah me too, especially after the Wedding pack fiasco

I would love white witches and wicca. That was more what I had in mind when we got RoM. Dare to dream that we could have that along with werewolves. Bigfoot would be cool. I'm not that into the Bigfoot thing but I would be happy for those that are.

The best world for our wolves would be a swampy/boggy area near a village. Henford-on-Bagley turned darker and murkier.

BlueR0se wrote: »

That's been my fear, that the world we get with this would be a werewolf version of Forgotten Hollow. I hope not, but I have HoB as a nice plan B.
    I wouldn't mind a Bigfoot, but what would his skill tree be? I'd much prefer werewolves.

Plus, we can already dress up as a Bigfoot or Yeti if we need one, but can't dress up as a werewolf. (Though I MUCH prefer sims BEING an occult to dressing up as one only.)
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    Pretty sure there won't be Bigfoot. Would be kind of moot and be mostly restricted to an NPC. I think the one in MC kit was just a shout out to Sims 2 and the general Bigfoot craze.

At most I can see him maybe in an OR refresh but honestly Id rather have something else.
    I wouldn't mind a good-sized world, either, but I feel like Forgotten Hollow has more to it than Glimmerbrook - fishing, plants and rocks to collect, and the big house on the hill (and some fog!). I hardly ever use Glimmerbrook - mostly I don't like the weird driveway situation there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top