Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGurus Are Hinting Something. 🤔

Comments

• JALJAL Posts: 1,024 Member
    It is probably stretching it very, very far, but googling frogs + werewolves, gives you a boardgame called Shadows of Brimstone: Werewolf from flying frog productions.

I so want to take that as a hint of boardgames, though I think @BlueR0se is most likely right and this is just a random quirk. :D
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,776 Member
    edited May 2022
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    The frogs hint is worrying me. All the hints before were very much werewolf clues, I'm not sure how frogs fit into that?

Imo, likely just a random quirk. Could be a return of the frog curse from TS3 in someway but imo I wouldn't be too concerned. With the recent frog fanatic scenario + the froggy chair from the MC kit one of the devs may just be a frog fanatic, which is very valid and I for one welcome the possibility of froggy overlords.

And before the roadmap announcement they tossed the plantsim scenario out there and got some of us speculating about updated plantsims. The more I think about it, the more I'm beginning believe this mention of frogs is to tweak us. All the hype and speculation on the forum for the last 3 weeks or so, those first hints were heavy on werewolf clues. I think they're doing this now intentionally just to mess with us. They know after the early hints that we had it figured out and were going bonkers, so drop some decoys that get us confused.

• BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    Frogs/toads have been known to OCCASIONALLY be associated with the moon in myths/legends in specific locations but it's not super common. Honestly I think it's more likely just a potential quirk for the location is maybe a ton of frogs.
    JAL wrote: »
    It is probably stretching it very, very far, but googling frogs + werewolves, gives you a boardgame called Shadows of Brimstone: Werewolf from flying frog productions.

I so want to take that as a hint of boardgames, though I think @BlueR0se is most likely right and this is just a random quirk. :D

Maybe it is really stretching things, but they are really going the extra mile with these hints, so maybe they did know about that game?

• AlpacapybaraAlpacapybara Posts: 32 Member
    aw shucks, we were focusing on wolves but frogs also come at night, we thought 'yellow eyes = wolves' but frogs also have yellow eyes, this will be the long waited werefrog game pack.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2022
    Mooncasters to me sounds like spellcasters with an affinity for the moon. While I think they are related to werewolves somehow, I don't think they are werewolves under a different name.

Could also be lore relating to the town, as that is also moon themed.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,794 Member
    There was a moon frog in Harry Potter.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,365 Member
    JAL wrote: »

"There were mooncasters here"

"Where did all these frogs come from?"

So in total we have:

"Welcome to moonwood mill. A territory marking log. There were mooncasters here. Where did all these frogs come from?"

The territory marking log might refer to the frog stumps we have in game. But we don't find those in the forests, but usually near water.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Swampy/boggy/marshy areas tend to have lots and lots of frogs.

... and snakes
    ... and alligators
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
    aw shucks, we were focusing on wolves but frogs also come at night, we thought 'yellow eyes = wolves' but frogs also have yellow eyes, this will be the long waited werefrog game pack.

Careful now. If you keep this up, I will surely overdose from too much hopeium! Werefrogs! Yes, please! I will be the Frog King!

... and snakes
    ... and alligators

I like this interpretation.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    OK OK! Werewolves, werecats, werefrogs, were everything?! OK! When they're the only ones called "Mooncasters", how about weredragons? I do have my gay British alter ego's clone named Death Zowanski who can transform into a red European dragon in case if he was a mooncaster
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2022
    Areas with fresh water have a likelyhood of frogs too.

The town is Moonwood Mill.

Moon = Werewolves/Mooncasters? Moon cycles?
    Wood = Forested area.
    Mill = Industry of some kind, such as logging/lumbermill.
    Frogs = Fresh water, not coastal? Lake or river, maybe.
    edited May 2022

... and snakes
    ... and alligators

And werewolves. The Cajun's in Louisiana have their own werewolf lore. Their werewolves are called Loup-Garou. So swamps and werewolves do mix. Could the new world be a swamp world?

• RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Ah, yes, werefrogs....

In the Vampires game pack, you can use frogs to make plasma packs, so maybe frogs are something the werewolves will hunt? (I don't know why there'd be so many frogs, though, unless it'd be a swamp setting.)
    edited May 2022
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Areas with fresh water have a likelyhood of frogs too.

The town is Moonwood Mill.

Moon = Werewolves/Mooncasters? Moon cycles?
    Wood = Forested area.
    Mill = Industry of some kind, such as logging/lumbermill.
    Frogs = Fresh water, not coastal? Lake or river, maybe.

It's likely a sawmill which I believe are historically usually near bodies of water for either practicality purposes or they're steam powered. I doubt the world is going to be swampy, but will definitely have some bodies of water near it. Hence the frogs.

Edit: I think I meant lumber mill, not saw mill. Ah well.
    I may be overthinking things, but Loup-Garou(werewolves), lots of frogs, swamps. I'm really thinking we're getting a dark, murky, swamp world.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    hmm....

SimGuruConor worked on both Nifty Knitting and Paranormal Stuff. Two "Stuff" packs which were practically overloaded with Stuff.

The possibility that we may be getting more than Werewolves isn't as far away as previously considered...
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Moonwood Mill is such a nice name for a world, my imagination is running wild.

Also...Happy 1,000,000th discussion! :D

... and snakes
    ... and alligators

And werewolves. The Cajun's in Louisiana have their own werewolf lore. Their werewolves are called Loup-Garou. So swamps and werewolves do mix. Could the new world be a swamp world?

I like the Cajun werewolves idea - it would fit in with Willow Creek/Magnolia Promenade's New Orleans vibe (though I will NEVER understand why WC/MP get snow, because they shouldn't.) However, I will always adore Forgotten Hollow's Victorian gothic. For me, all occults are better with Victorian gothic, always.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    edited May 2022
    Mooncasters... Just like witches have been renamed to spellcasters in order to have player define what their sim is.

But yeah, these are doing their job at giving the "Just Announce This Pack Already" feeling.
    I may be overthinking things, but Loup-Garou(werewolves), lots of frogs, swamps. I'm really thinking we're getting a dark, murky, swamp world.

Hope it's not too dark. I'd prefer misty and foggy.
  • AlpacapybaraAlpacapybara Posts: 32 Member
    > @12JEREMIA said:
    > OK OK! Werewolves, werecats, werefrogs, were everything?! OK! When they're the only ones called "Mooncasters", how about weredragons?

Jokes aside, maybe if they thought werewolves were too 'constricting' compared to vampires and mages, they will go for a general 'animal form' including aspects and abilities from various animals. Something with swappable heads and limbs like the TS3 Into the Future bots.

Its more effort but does make the pack more tasty for people not into werewolves, add fox traits for example, and you can have a kitsune in Mt. Komorebi.

> @EmmaVane said:
    > Mill = Industry of some kind, such as logging/lumbermill.
    > Frogs = Fresh water, not coastal? Lake or river, maybe.

Lumbermills do have a connection to rivers since traditionally a lot used watermills.

Hope it's not too dark. I'd prefer misty and foggy.

I can do foggy. Foggy is good.

We've had a lot of mills, right? The mill in Evergreen Harbor and the one in Henford-on-Bagley, and now maybe this one? I like mills, they're pretty, but...that's a lot of mills.

Maybe it's a sawmill in Moonwood Mills (pretty name, if true), a grain mill in HoB, and an industrial mill in EH. So they could still be different.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top