Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What sort of world do you think we're getting with the Game Pack?

Comments

• Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited May 2022
    We may not get one at all. Just cause werewolves strike me as tying in a lot with both Glimmer Brook, and Granite Falls (maybe being bit while camping)
    Only thing is, these are not base game worlds and not everyone has these packs.
    A new small world would be great.
    On a sode note: a new big world like Windenburg would be awesome.

That is a good point. I didn't consider that they aren't BG. I do HOPE of course that we get one. I personally would prefer a large one. And I would like it to have both, a foggy dark forest area, and a city area with small dark alleyways. But I am probably asking too much, heh.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    The worlds in Game Packs are big and completely lacking in enough lots.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    If the upcoming GP is indeed Werewolves related I’m going to be biased and say “Celtic inspired” world.
    I reside in an area known for its werewolf legends, so I’d love to see the misty heather-clad moors, foggy bogs and marshes, craggy mountains and also lotsa sheep. Because where there’s lotsa sheep, there’s werebeasts. 😈

A medieval district as part of that world would be preferable, although I certainly wouldn’t mind a London inspired town either.
    The most important part for me is to get a fleshed out, in-depth gameplay system. Werebeasts need to be *chef’s kiss. If that means NO world, you won’t hear me growl, howl and whimper.

I think werewolves need another world. I can't see this pack not coming with a new world.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Well I noticed simguruninja has what appears to be fog in the back of his profile picture so there is hope for a foggy world lol 🤞😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Well I noticed simguruninja has what appears to be fog in the back of his profile picture so there is hope for a foggy world lol 🤞😅
    Huh!! What is it?
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,024 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Huh!! What is it?
    https://twitter.com/SimGuruNinja
    2pNxNNJw_400x400.jpg
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    OK I see
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    I would love Scottish Highlands but I can't help feeling like werewolves will be tied to a Late Night pack and a London would be perfect for that
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,890 Member
    The Scottish lowland bogs would also be a good fit and they are a foggy/murky world. That is another option. I am hoping for another world set in the U.K. somewhere. Ireland has possibilities too. Or they could add a fog option to the weather along with rain and snow, and with fog added Henford-On-Bagley, the Bramblewoods, takes on a werewolfish quality, in my mind anyway. That's where I have my first sim that I intend to transform already placed as I work up her back story.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    The Scottish lowland bogs would also be a good fit and they are a foggy/murky world. That is another option. I am hoping for another world set in the U.K. somewhere. Ireland has possibilities too. Or they could add a fog option to the weather along with rain and snow, and with fog added Henford-On-Bagley, the Bramblewoods, takes on a werewolfish quality, in my mind anyway. That's where I have my first sim that I intend to transform already placed as I work up her back story.

They'll probably add fog machines. I belive we got some from Spooky Stuff that'd hidden in buydebug.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited May 2022
    Gordy wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Huh!! What is it?
    https://twitter.com/SimGuruNinja
    2pNxNNJw_400x400.jpg

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a fog FX object to be added to the Build Mode pond tool section. I find that the pond tool is perfect for creating swamp homes but one of the main features I'm missing is that glorious fog object. Everything looks more mysterious in fog. So does Ninja.
    Note that some of the pond FX can be used on land, and potential fog should be too.

Let there be lots of fog. <3
  • Options

They'll probably add fog machines. I belive we got some from Spooky Stuff that'd hidden in buydebug.

I think you're right, there might be something like that buried in debug. I have activated debug several times recently for placing some cc heavy lots, but I haven't really dug through it. I don't use anything from it for my own builds.

I love that it appears like we may be about to get fog. Until we started getting the werewolf vibes I never knew how much I wanted fog.
  • Options
    Ooooooooo I love that idea you guys. Rather than a foggy world a fog machine to put it anywhere! I know I definitely want to create a stormy day with fog and pollution from Eco lifestyle all together 😏😏😏😏 ugh, the creepy settings I could make with this.....
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited May 2022
    Here's a fog emitter for anyone who can't wait:

https://modthesims.info/d/605471/fog-emitter.html

I've been using it in some of my builds and my machinima series. It works pretty well, but you have to place more than one if you want to fog up the entire lot.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    If the pack ends up being werewolves, I feel like the Scottish Highlands would be the best fit, with the Swiss Mountain Town being the next best fit. I mean, theoretically it could be any of them, but I'm feeling these two are better matches.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options

I think you're right, there might be something like that buried in debug. I have activated debug several times recently for placing some cc heavy lots, but I haven't really dug through it. I don't use anything from it for my own builds.

I love that it appears like we may be about to get fog. Until we started getting the werewolf vibes I never knew how much I wanted fog.

Ah, but wait. I thought I would know about this FOG debug item. I live in DEBUG on Wednesdays.
    Sims 3 playing me can indeed find a fog object in debug. Sims 4 playing me however, has not been lucky so far.
    Googling me can't find any answers on this particular subject either. Perhaps my brains are getting foggy.
    Can someone please direct me to the Spooky stuff deFog?

I've been using it in some of my builds and my machinima series. It works pretty well, but you have to place more than one if you want to fog up the entire lot.

This is great, cheers for the link! I've been cutting down on mods and CC but if no one can show me where the Spooky Stuff DeBug fog emitter lives I'll add this mod to my game at once!

Apologies for jumping Off Topic, but I also hope we're getting torches / flashlights with whatever After Dark Pack or Kit is coming our way. Captain needs those. And a fog horn upgrade for my ship(s).
  • Options
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I was just in my game looking through debug and I can't find anything. I did debug all, and the Spooky Stuff filter, and I just don't see anything. I thought it might plausibly be in there but no luck. Unless I'm blind and missed it or something. It doesn't take long trying look through all of that before you start scrolling and skipping a line of objects. And debug items don't have description either which isn't handy.
  • Options
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I was just in my game looking through debug and I can't find anything. I did debug all, and the Spooky Stuff filter, and I just don't see anything. I thought it might plausibly be in there but no luck. Unless I'm blind and missed it or something. It doesn't take long trying look through all of that before you start scrolling and skipping a line of objects. And debug items don't have description either which isn't handy.

Thank you @DaniRose2143!

This is how I usually sift through the debug catalogue and I naturally believed I must have overlooked something too. Indeed, the lack of descriptions is not helping at all. Sometimes I notice an object that looks like a cute little blob and when I place it on the lot it’s a darn mountain! Makes me wonder why we still don’t have a Create a World/ Neighborhood Tool. We’ve got mountains but absolutely 0 space for mountains. Mind boggling that is. But enough of my whinging.

You know what, I don’t think that fog emitter exists anywhere in the game. You’ve all been dreaming this up folks! 😂🤣

I might have to use that fog mod after all. Unless ofcourse…👉🏼🐺🌕🌫
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7

I was fascinated by all the objects that are in there that are of no use, or no use I can see. The mountains you mentioned. Whole apartment buildings. We can't even create proper apartment buildings. Multi-story, multi-family, apartments. That's a rant for another thread. All of Batuu is in there.

I'm with you I would love to have a world building tool. I'd settle for what others have mentioned, the ability to place an entire blank lot, whatever size, like we used to have in TS3.

You are so right, it is mind boggling what is in there.

It looks like we were dreaming....wolf dreams. Wolf dreams with fog in them.
  • Options

Ah, but wait. I thought I would know about this FOG debug item. I live in DEBUG on Wednesdays.
    Sims 3 playing me can indeed find a fog object in debug. Sims 4 playing me however, has not been lucky so far.
    Googling me can't find any answers on this particular subject either. Perhaps my brains are getting foggy.
    Can someone please direct me to the Spooky stuff deFog?

This is great, cheers for the link! I've been cutting down on mods and CC but if no one can show me where the Spooky Stuff DeBug fog emitter lives I'll add this mod to my game at once!

Apologies for jumping Off Topic, but I also hope we're getting torches / flashlights with whatever After Dark Pack or Kit is coming our way. Captain needs those. And a fog horn upgrade for my ship(s).

Torches and flashlights have been on my list for a looonnnggggggggg time 😭😭😭😭😭
    Like my sims exploring the dark foggy locations with a flashlight or torch brings a happy 😢 to my eye.
  • Options
    @Babykittyjade I can think of a couple of funny animations to go with that too. Especially if we were to get burglars. Agnes Crumplebottom ready for bed, flashlight on the nightstand, purse no where close to hand when the burgl....no she would take the purse to bed with her. You never know when the neighbors might decide to try and sneak in a woohoo session.

Still, flashlights, nervous jumpy homeowners, burglars, hilarity.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    I am sort of sick of small, highly themed, international worlds that do not gel with the existing worlds at all and are filled with a highly prescribed architectural style that makes any other style stick out like a sore thumb, to the extent that many of the simmer built lots in the recent worlds look incredibly similar, all the same style, same colour schemes, same furnishings.

That being said, if there is a new world, I hope it takes influence from a cheesy 80s/90s teen horror movie vibe instead of trying to imitate some historical folklore from some culture neither the Dev team or the YouTubers they hire know nothing about.

If possible, I'd like to see a genericish Americana small town in a woodsy PNW locale, that way it can fit in with Evergreen Harbor, Glimmerbrook, and maybe even Forgotten Hollow.

I can think of three distinct neighborhoods, a town square with lots arranged around a park (courthouse, arcade, comic book store, library etc), a suburban street, the type you would see in a teen horror movie, but with the lots clustered together on the same street (like Willow Creek or Oasis Springs) so differing styles don't look out of place, and finally a large, sprawling forested backwoods area with cabins, ranger station, lake, abandoned lumber mills etc.
  • Options
    @Babykittyjade I can think of a couple of funny animations to go with that too. Especially if we were to get burglars. Agnes Crumplebottom ready for bed, flashlight on the nightstand, purse no where close to hand when the burgl....no she would take the purse to bed with her. You never know when the neighbors might decide to try and sneak in a woohoo session.

Still, flashlights, nervous jumpy homeowners, burglars, hilarity.

Haha these would be great additions! 😂
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

Thank you @DaniRose2143!

This is how I usually sift through the debug catalogue and I naturally believed I must have overlooked something too. Indeed, the lack of descriptions is not helping at all. Sometimes I notice an object that looks like a cute little blob and when I place it on the lot it’s a darn mountain! Makes me wonder why we still don’t have a Create a World/ Neighborhood Tool. We’ve got mountains but absolutely 0 space for mountains. Mind boggling that is. But enough of my whinging.

You know what, I don’t think that fog emitter exists anywhere in the game. You’ve all been dreaming this up folks! 😂🤣

Spooky Stuff light up deco gravestones emit fog. Not sure if you could shrink them down and hide them in things and still get the effect.

There's also the steam/bubble emitters for pools that came in GT. They can work well if you position them in inaccessible basements etc.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Thank you @DaniRose2143!

Spooky Stuff light up deco gravestones emit fog. Not sure if you could shrink them down and hide them in things and still get the effect.

There's also the steam/bubble emitters for pools that came in GT. They can work well if you position them in inaccessible basements etc.

I will definitely try the gravestone and see what happens. I'm like you I wonder how it will work when it's resized.