Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What sort of world do you think we're getting with the Game Pack?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I am hoping for a large new world with this pack as the world will be the major selling point for me.
    Scottish Highlands would be great. I love the idea of cool foggy mornings so I hope you all are correct about the fog.
    Whatever it is I hope it has large lots and swimmable water.
    I also had the thought of London, there was a movie called "American Werewolf in London" and then the short in the announcement trailer looked like it could have been in a city.

Yes this world needs to have swimmable lakes or an ocean.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited May 2022
    Well, there was a small showing of it in the clips and they included the water which is interesting. In a werewolf pack for water to be present well they don't care for water, so it will be interesting to see what they do with it. I personally liked the view of it. I'm hoping for a creepy world. Vampires was cute, but way to small. I like the huge rock bluff. I do hope and I think they will allow these sims to have a hidden self like with the mermaids and vampires. I didn't like townies/other sims running around with wolf faces in the Sims3; I thought they were ugly. I don't want wolves, but am looking forward to the world, any harvestables, hopefully some gothy looking clothes, some neat stuff for antique looking settings, and hopefully an old vibe. Maybe a woodsy feel, which the picture shows so far. I also wouldn't be opposed to a woodsy area like they showed in the clip and a more city looking vibe on inland. Someone mentioned London.
  • Options
    Nicocacola1992Nicocacola1992 Posts: 23 Member
    edited May 2022
    I live on Dartmoor in England, which is where the Hound of the Baskervilles was set. It can be very bleak, grey and gloomy here, with thick fog rolling in sometimes. (Look up "hound of the baskervilles setting".) There is also a legend about a hairy hand but enough said about that. :smiley: Dartmoor would be a good basis for a werewolf-themed world, and Scottish Highlands would be the closest to that.

I also think a small mid-century American town could work too! Like a 1950s B-movie thriller vibe. :smile:
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Why do we even need a world with every pack?
    Just fill the pack with new gameplay and animations, and I'll be happy. After Realm of Magic and Vampires, I don't feel like I need another "spooky" or "mysterious" world.
    If we do get a new world, I'd like a new city world with apartments.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I could go for a second City World if it's finally more like Bridgeport from Sims 4. They had great apartments & sims can party all night in the City without worrying that the festival was about to close.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited May 2022
    bixters wrote: »
    Just fill the pack with new gameplay and animations, and I'll be happy. After Realm of Magic and Vampires, I don't feel like I need another "spooky" or "mysterious" world.

I don't know if we need one with every pack, but we don't get one with every pack. Seven of the eleven Game Packs so far did come with a world, but the other four didn't. I'm always up for the option for an additional world to use in my story settings even if the story isn't directly related to the original pack's theme. I'd also love to see another urban setting. A world shouldn't take precedence in a pack with the word "Game" at its front, of course, not just to have a world. But sometimes the setting is an important or even integral part of a pack's theme.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    bixters wrote: »

I don't think we need one in every pack, like I wouldn't be upset if we didn't, but I do want them. This will probably vary according to how one plays. Some people limit certain game play to specific worlds. I don't personally gravitate to this style of play, but I have seen people mention it. Also for building, being able to put what you envision in the correct environment is a big part of the experience imo. For my play style I want environmental variety. I am very story driven in my play style, and immersion is important, so where the house sits, and where the sim lives is important for that. It is frustrating when I want to create something in which the game doesn't offer the right environment. For instance I have a hobbit. It was not easy to find the right place to put a hobbit hole. When every lot in every world (even more nature themed ones) is sitting on a paved road, or worse has a stupid big paved driveway attached to it... Gah.. I had the same problem with my witch, I wanted to live hidden deep in the woods.. Would it have killed them to put a lot or two off of the actual road in Glimmer Brook, or in the hills in Windenburg, with a little dirt path leading to the lot.. You can imagine my joy when we got HoB..

I don't care if the world fits the theme though, because my sims are all over anyway. I really hope to see another city personally. Something a bit grungier than San Myshuno, though I love that city. I would also love something more like Bridgeport from Sims 3.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Tbh for me, I'd rather not have a world and have those resources go into other aspects of the pack, than get another barely-usable 5-lot cul-de-sac that I'll never use. Ideally we'd get a bigger world, but I don't have a lot of confidence. Though I can see why people want a world with this pack, even if it's small.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    Tbh for me, I'd rather not have a world and have those resources go into other aspects of the pack, than get another barely-usable 5-lot cul-de-sac that I'll never use. Ideally we'd get a bigger world, but I don't have a lot of confidence. Though I can see why people want a world with this pack, even if it's small.

I get what you mean. If it is another small world, if it is in the woods, without any paved roads, and annoying parking lots, I would take it, in a heart beat. But if it's another weird mashup of nature meets suburban cul-de-sac, I don't want it.

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member

I get what you mean. If it is another small world, if it is in the woods, without any paved roads, and annoying parking lots, I would take it, in a heart beat. But if it's another weird mashup of nature meets suburban cul-de-sac, I don't want it.

Unless the devs can step it up in a big way with something new, just give us fog and I'm perfectly content to play in Henford. That really is a great setting for werewolves, it just needs a little added ambiance.

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope scottland
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

Unless the devs can step it up in a big way with something new, just give us fog and I'm perfectly content to play in Henford. That really is a great setting for werewolves, it just needs a little added ambiance.

The only problem for me is I LOVE HoB sooo freaking much, and ALL my lots are taken, lol. I need MORE HENFORD!! :lol::love:

• Options
    edited May 2022

The only problem for me is I LOVE HoB sooo freaking much, and ALL my lots are taken, lol. I need MORE HENFORD!! :lol::love:

I feel your love for Henford. I hadn't done a lot with it until the last week or so, when I started playing Shea in Henford to set up her back story, and I am in love with that world.❤️ I'm sort of low-key kicking myself for not having done something there sooner. It's right up there with San Myshuno already.

• Options
    I hope scottland

Highlands or lowlands, Scotland would be amazing.

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Something that just crossed my mind (while watching a playthrough of Life Is Strange: True Colours), if silver is going to be a werewolf weakness, silver mining and crafting things out of silver could be a gameplay element for sims who want to protect themselves from the wolves. So the new world could have a mining town as one of its neighbourhoods, with a silver mine in the middle and houses surrounding it.
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited May 2022
    Something that just crossed my mind (while watching a playthrough of Life Is Strange: True Colours), if silver is going to be a werewolf weakness, silver mining and crafting things out of silver could be a gameplay element for sims who want to protect themselves from the wolves. So the new world could have a mining town as one of its neighbourhoods, with a silver mine in the middle and houses surrounding it.

Now I want a Fairy pack just for cold iron molding and forging... And I don't play occults!
    Post edited by Nushka on
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I've started watching Twin Peaks, and it gave me a great idea for a werewolf world and a storyline. The world itself isn't important, but the people in the world. The idea is that anyone in the town could be a werewolf, but you can't tell at first glance. Your sim can get to know all of them and try to sus out who the werewolf is, or they can get lucky and just stumble upon them at the right place, at the right time. (It'd be cool if a werewolf form can disguise a sim's name at first, though.) Like Twin Peaks, the whole town is filled with suspicious people with their own, various secrets. Even if a sim isn't a werewolf, they might be guilty of something else.

They could even throw in a murder or a sim that has died under mysterious circumstances. Give us those Sims 2/3 mysteries.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I’m hoping for a Southern Gothic type world which is what I hoped we would have gotten with vampires (though I still like Forgotten Hollow)

• Options
    lulicanaleslulicanales Posts: 54 Member
    A medieval district as part of that world would be preferable,
    I am in

• Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    edited May 2022
    Latest post in simgirl1010s sims on social media thread shows Eliza in Paris.

So my guess is Paris.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    Latest post in simgirl1010s sims on social media thread shows Eliza in Paris.

So my guess is Paris.

That's a play on words with the Netflix show Emily In Paris. I wouldn't mind a Paris inspired world, but is it a hint or coincidence?🤔
  • Options
    LeowyldLeowyld Posts: 73 Member
    I think the Paris tweet is just a reference to the Moonlight Chic styles being Parisian-inspired. Like, this is what Eliza might wear in Paris, to fit in.
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    If a new world let it be a world that is part urban and rural and will go well with the new kits we will be getting on Thursday and what ever the game pack is about but do agree we need fog emitters that you can have any size lot be full of fog or a quarter of the lot
    Oh and 64*64 lot or 50*50 lots
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Leowyld wrote: »
    I think the Paris tweet is just a reference to the Moonlight Chic styles being Parisian-inspired. Like, this is what Eliza might wear in Paris, to fit in.

Yeah most likely. Read some comments and sims answered that it’s in Windenburg.

But why all this talk about Paris for just a Kit?
    Either someone on sims team has got mad Paris fever or a Paris inspired world is coming.

Or they really wanna throw us of our horses with hinting at Paris and new world being something completely unrelated 😂
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    Leowyld wrote: »

Yeah most likely. Read some comments and sims answered that it’s in Windenburg.

But why all this talk about Paris for just a Kit?
    Either someone on sims team has got mad Paris fever or a Paris inspired world is coming.

Or they really wanna throw us of our horses with hinting at Paris and new world being something completely unrelated 😂

I feel like you've got it. They're trying to get us thinking one thing and they have something else in mind. The shadow beast pic was urban, but was that also a trick. They're dropping enough world hints to make me think one is coming but what type? Rural or urban? I would enjoy a Parisian world, but I would love something London-esque, or inspired by Edinburgh or Glasgow would be dreamy. Just don't make it another Forgotten Hollow microworld, please. And fog. Give us fog in every world.

Ah-ooooooo!!!🌕🐺