Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What sort of world do you think we're getting with the Game Pack?

Back in the Spring 2020 survey, the team revealed some ideas they had for upcoming worlds:

-Brazilian Beach Town
-South African City
-Spanish City
-Korean City
-Swiss Mountain Town
-Chinese Countryside
-Scottish Highlands
-Italian Vineyards
-Greek Islands (I think this + Italian Vineyards became Tartosa)
-Costa Rican Rainforest

If we are indeed getting a werewolf pack, what type of world is most likely? I'm thinking Scottish Highlands or a Spanish/South African City. I am really hoping they don't go for a small town America vibe because that feels so 2009.

Comments

• Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Oh im thinking maybe Scottish highlands? I'm not sure what they look like though.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    We may not get one at all. Just cause werewolves strike me as tying in a lot with both Glimmer Brook, and Granite Falls (maybe being bit while camping). But I of course hope we do. I would love a Highlands world. I always gravitate towards mountains and greenery so..

An urban environment doesn't really go with werewolves, so I don't think we will get it. But just on the topic of worlds, I would really like another city based world with sky-rises, and more apartments.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'd usually associate werewolves with bleak wilderness settings, so Scotland fits most. I'm expecting another generic forest-y world but hoping for something a bit more interesting. The trailer did show a downtown looking area though so it may be more of a downtown world instead
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited May 2022
    Honestly think many of these were cut out

-Brazilian Beach Town
    -Italian Vineyards
    -Greek Islands
    -Spanish city

^ I feel like these ideas were ousted by tartosa and that carnival kit thing like i think they were just thinking up beach mediterranean vibes and mashed it all together

-Swiss Mountain Town
    -Chinese Countryside
    -Scottish Highlands

^ honestly cannot remember if this was before snowy escape so if it was that might have wiped out the asian theme and mountains with bang bang both at once

also they added chinese items to mws and i just don't see them doing whole chinese world right after that with pack like this idk

also i feel like " countryside" and "highlands" were also probably wiped out by doing henford instead maybe

like i feel like they were wondering where to set the country pack with these options

though i would love ancient chinese world

-Costa Rican Rainforest
    -South African City
    -Korean City

^ honestly I don't think any of these howl wolf to me :sweat_smile: unless we are talking about... korean boy bands i suppose :sweat_smile:

but also kind of meh with another woodland world cause i really could just use granite falls so yeah idk

i guess they might have made mini city block with dark alleys or somewhat dead town though the way they did in ts3 like idk i feel like considering build/buy items that would fit in with werewolf pack maybe something like that with idk cave and hill or something
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Scottish Highla- I believe I’m saving it for horses and unicorns
  • Options
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Oh im thinking maybe Scottish highlands? I'm not sure what they look like though.

Stunning. Depending on what one likes. Lots of green, often overcast, damp, it rains a LOT. There are tons of creeks flowing down the mountains, and the landscape has wild flowers and purple thistle (the national flower) in many places.

Also there are highland cows which is the best thing ever.

s-l400.jpg
    229802_00_2x.jpg
    18yt3coqpbg71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=6515533b7d13396b64d4ec509d72ce708535b2e4
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Maybe they'll go the whole "American Werewolf in London" vibe and do some European downtown area
  • Options
    Maybe they'll go the whole "American Werewolf in London" vibe and do some European downtown area

I would love a London themed world!!!
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2022
    Scottish Highlands would fit very well with werewolves and a Scottish Highlands world has been very popular in the community voting
    1500OldManofStorrSkye-shutterstock-1178227633-rsz-16032021151649170.jpg
    Our werewolves could live in castle ruins like these
    eilean-donan-castle-in-Scottish-Highlands.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Either scottish highlands or a town of some sort, the town would fit with their theme that they seem to have going with going out on the town and partying. The weird looking kilt in Dream Home Decorator (the utility-kilt) could have been a hint for Scottish Highlands as well.

I'm just skeptical about them making the scottish highlands in the sims4 engine though, they don't do mountains and hills very well in the sims4 engine, the worlds often feel pretty flat, and I hope that if they do make the scottish highlands that they will have fog and detail so that it doesn't just look like willow creek with a few castles.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I think it would be a good solution to refresh Outdoor Retreat just before the werewolf pack release. Making the Granite Forest a tad more werewolf-ish, with a few upgrades also on the general, and not the least make lots residential. They could probably also add one more hood there to much less cost than to build a totally new world. I think the setting would work fine, but perhaps one new 5 lots mountain village hood added, to give more variety to the werewolf play. A small mountain farm, a community lot that we can use for a small chapel/graveyard, and whatever might suit this theme that I don't really know much about.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,850 Member
    edited May 2022
    Put me down as another vote in favor of a Scottish Highlands world.

@logion If they can't do the mountains with this game, what about the lowland peat bogs or such? A bit more plain, but it could have a creepier vibe. Maybe have a sleepy village on one side of the map sort of like Henford, and then on the other side have the misty, murky bogs?
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    The Scottish Highlands or Appalachia would be a good setting.
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    I don't think we're getting any of the above worlds with the pack, but that's just my opinion.

I'm hoping for a victorian gothic type world, just because, but that probably won't happen either 😆

I can actually see a small swamp type of world with trees, loads of mud and lagoons, the crocodile/mosquito pond effects were already added in CL which would give the world a good vibe for wolves running around, swamp families and just general rags to riches challenges. The cas clothing would hopefully bring torn and/or dirty assets with it, along with practical clothes and gum boots. The world could occasionally bring foggy weather effects that aren't an everyday occurrence but add nice effects for the story.

But we'll see, we'll probably get the pack on the 26th of May (because it was the first pack mentioned and a 2 month map) so announcement probably next thursday to allow a week's worth of speculation

Anyways, just my opinion.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited May 2022
    I’d like a combination of a city and some outskirts forest lots. I would love to see a couple more apartments, at least a few downtown lots for retail, nightclubs, etc. and then a couple good size lots in the forest. I hope it is at least the size of Tartosa.

I would love to see the Scottish Highlands, but would prefer that in a larger expansion pack.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I don't think we'll be getting a new world, though I really hope so. Scottish Highlands would be perfect for werewolves. Outside of that I'd absolutely love the Korean city or Costa Rican rainforest. Hopefully they don't abandon all of these ideas.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Assuming it's werewolves, I'm hoping for something kinda like the Bramblewood neighborhood from Cottage Living, but with more switchbacks and hills like the climb to Cordelia's Cottage.

Maybe with different foliage - more conifers, fewer deciduous plants (More pines, fewer leafy trees)

And much as I love the vistas of the Scottish Highlands and Appalachia, I'd almost want it to be based on nowhere in particular.

But I'll take a city world too. Granted, Werewolves and Cities aren't usually a thing, but they can be (American Werewolf in London/Paris as just two examples) And I can continue to hope that they somehow managed to license Werewolves of London for the trailer. (It has a more Sims feel than Bark at the Moon.)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    What do I think we would get if it comes with one? Some kind of open world plains? Possibly another forest?
    What I hope for? A world filled with swamps and caves! 😩
    Edited to add fog!
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I think I would prefer a forest/swamp world for werewolves. The only two forest like worlds are quite small and one of them isn't even residential. It would be great if it got it's own spoopy weather effects like the fog in Forgotten Hollow and a creepy sky/moon like in Strangerville.

Although I am very curious to see how the world team would tackle a Scotland themed world...
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I'm hoping for the cool dark Moonlight Falls to make a comeback in Sims 4 or an type of dark world with about 9 to 12 lots or more. ;)
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Put me down as another vote in favor of a Scottish Highlands world.

logion If they can't do the mountains with this game, what about the lowland peat bogs or such? A bit more plain, but it could have a creepier vibe. Maybe have a sleepy village on one side of the map sort of like Henford, and then on the other side have the misty, murky bogs?

Yeah maybe, that would be pretty cool. I hope that they will be able to do fog, I think that will look good and work well together with werewolves.

Whatever they have chosen, I hope that the world will be fun to live in. Forgotten Hollow looked cool and all but ... I did not really like living in it.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    edited May 2022
    Scottish highlands. It makes the most sense with its rich werewolf lore tradition.
  • Options
    CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    But we'll see, we'll probably get the pack on the 26th of May (because it was the first pack mentioned and a 2 month map) so announcement probably next thursday to allow a week's worth of speculation

Anyways, just my opinion.

The map is for May and June-my guess is an early-mid June release for whatever the GP is.
    Personally I reallllly hope we get Scottish Highlands because it'd be fun to have some more castle-y themed items!