Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring 2022 Roadmap Revealed!

Comments

• Options
    RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Longtime lurker, first-time poster.

@DaniRose2143, @SERVERFRA, @LiELF, @CAPTAIN_NXR7, and everyone else's pack name ideas - I love it!
  • Options
    RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    And @Simmingal - brilliant!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,894 Member
    Have we ever gotten any news on a Friday? 😄
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,871 Member
    @simgirl1010 If not, now would be a great time to apply the old theory of 'there's a first time for everything'.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Oops. Wrong thread.
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I am really surprised we didn't get an update this week. Seems like the next 3 things we're getting will likely all be within a 6 week time period. I am hoping the fact that the roadmap came later than expected, and the release of these later than expected, means they are working hard to make sure everything works right.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I am really surprised we didn't get an update this week. Seems like the next 3 things we're getting will likely all be within a 6 week time period. I am hoping the fact that the roadmap came later than expected, and the release of these later than expected, means they are working hard to make sure everything works right.

I'm wondering now if the kits may be coming together and the game pack after. My original guess of next week for the first kit is beginning to look really doubtful. I think it's going to be the week after that at the earliest. That makes a July expansion pack look a little more unlikely, unless it's at the very end of July.

As you say, hopefully they are working to avoid another MWS fiasco. The anticipation is almost unbearable, but I'd rather deal with that, then another completely broken and unplayable pack.

• Options
    fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I think the game pack has to be werewolves so I'm probably gonna skip that one. But happy for everyone whos been waiting!! I am however excited for the kits coming. I think one of them is going to be a clothing kit and I am hoping for another gameplay kit though I'd be okay with two clothing kits.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    I think it's better when packs are revealed close to a release date. It's nicer to have a short wait, rather than a long one,after the trailer.
    If it turns out to be werewolves I really can't wait that long to purchase 🥺
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Alright alright, y'all! I will be getting some werewolves right now, I must please them to give me back my second favorite music before this second roadmap is over
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    TS4: Fursuits for the Hirsute (shamelessly stolen from a CC description)
    TS4: Loony Lupines
    TS4: Moonwolves (see below)

Or...

TS4: Werewolves (simple, but classic. Matches TS4: Vampires)

Moonwolves...

https://youtu.be/sDvXhZtcp0w

(Good luck to Norway in Eurovision with this one!)
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I think it would have been so cool if new content was advertised on tv and boards in-game! In a in-game style, of course. No matter what new pack I'm pretty sure it would match several of the existing tv channels. On boards they could advertise related shop items or perhaps a movie with a related theme. I think it would be super fun suddenly observing something new, trying to understand the vague message :)

It would of course require a frequently updated game, but I assume they could add a full campaign in one go, programming it to go live so-and-so.

Personally, I don't like the idea of real life advertising in my games, particularly The Sims. Now, if there was an ingame way to put my famous sims on the TV's and billboards that would be another matter.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,966 Member
    edited May 2022
    I think it would have been so cool if new content was advertised on tv and boards in-game! In a in-game style, of course. No matter what new pack I'm pretty sure it would match several of the existing tv channels. On boards they could advertise related shop items or perhaps a movie with a related theme. I think it would be super fun suddenly observing something new, trying to understand the vague message :)

It would of course require a frequently updated game, but I assume they could add a full campaign in one go, programming it to go live so-and-so.

Personally, I don't like the idea of real life advertising in my games, particularly The Sims. Now, if there was an ingame way to put my famous sims on the TV's and billboards that would be another matter.

or do it like Urbz and have famous sim take over them as their fame grows

or just add " take over advertisements" perk

but also would be really annoying with randomized sims so really i wish they would disable occults and fame from randomized sims or let me disable them all together
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Happy Friday The 13th! Perfect day for some supernatural news. 🐺
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited May 2022
    LiELF wrote: »
    Or these possibilities:

The Sims 4: Who's In Grandma's Nightgown?

That's just...wrong. But I love it. Now I have a Red-Riding Hood story in my head...culminating in the creation of a Werewolf Grandma. Or a cross-dressing wolf. Hey, here's a good way to use the Men's Kit skirt ensembles! That plaid number just screams granny to me. Of course, I'll have to get it away from Vlad first. I'm at work so I can't show a picture grrr.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member

Let's hope so... >:)
    F13-SIMS.jpg
  • Options

Yes. Yes it is. Absolutely.

Please please please please please speak the words we're dying to hear, Werewolves are coming. Ah-ooooo!!!!
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I think the game pack has to be werewolves so I'm probably gonna skip that one. But happy for everyone whos been waiting!! I am however excited for the kits coming. I think one of them is going to be a clothing kit and I am hoping for another gameplay kit though I'd be okay with two clothing kits.

This is one thing I really love about this forum, Simmers who really don't want a certain pack but can be happy for those who want it! Please let keep this up
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Peral wrote: »

This is one thing I really love about this forum, Simmers who really don't want a certain pack but can be happy for those who want it! Please let keep this up

I agree. Being considerate, patient, kind or any other good quality even when things don't go your way is never without reward because it makes everyone feel good. You feel good inside of yourself and you make those around feel good. That's why I always try to find my joy in the joy of others ❤❤❤
  • Options
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    Peral wrote: »

I agree. Being considerate, patient, kind or any other good quality even when things don't go your way is never without reward because it makes everyone feel good. You feel good inside of yourself and you make those around feel good. That's why I always try to find my joy in the joy of others ❤❤❤

Well said, both of you! You captured the essence with the bolded part @Babykittyjade. Our joy at finally getting our werewolves should be infectious what with an EP not that far off. Share in our joy and let it be something that makes you excited about the upcoming EP. Who knows, you too may get something you've been dreaming about and wishing for as badly as we have been wishing for this.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Well said, both of you! You captured the essence with the bolded part @Babykittyjade. Our joy at finally getting our werewolves should be infectious what with an EP not that far off. Share in our joy and let it be something that makes you excited about the upcoming EP. Who knows, you too may get something you've been dreaming about and wishing for as badly as we have been wishing for this.

I never begrudge anybody for getting something they've been waiting for, and I'll be truly happy if the upcoming GP turns out to be the furry beasts that a LOT of people have been wanting, begging for, and needing in their game.

While, it's not something I personally want/need in my game, I'm also not opposed to it either. And I'm always happy to see others get something that brings them joy (now, when's the dragons, cars, free'd/updated babies, and generations coming? LOL)

I have several "wants" that I've been hoping for in TS4 for wayyyyy too many years to count ... but yeah, after almost 8 years, they're not happening in this iteration so I've just resigned myself to accepting that they will never come and hopefully the next version will have them.

(My absolute most needed thing is ... the ability to edit the worlds as I want, with no fake buildings at all, or at least least me delete them and place my own. I can't even make Newcrest into the world I want because the fake houses are totally immersion breaking when I try to set up the world as I want. I want a very retro, MCM suburban neighborhood with all of the buildings looking like they should be in 1950's era, instead I add my houses and BLAM! right next door is a bunch of fake houses straight out of New Orleans with their ornate scroll work and spindels totally messing up my own vibe. Can't "Play with Life" when I can't feel like I can immerse myself in the world I want.)
  • Options
    @Chicklet453681 I never did get the mindset that the game has to cater to 'me'. It's everybody's game, be open to that and have fun with it. You never know what someone else may show you that you never even considered and it may be awesome. I have added so many different facets of gameplay to my game just by reading and watching videos of what everybody else is doing.

My wish list now that werewolves are coming is down to a Singer career, ballet dancing, spiral stairs, drums, and the ability to make a proper apartment building. Multiple floors, not just the top floor and imagination from there down to street level. I live in an apartment irl, three floors, four units to a floor. Why can't we make something like that? It would add so many more layers of social dynamics. A small community within the community.

Newcrest looks like New Orleans?🤨 Why am I just now learning of this...oh yeah, because I didn't want to mess with placing lots back when we first got it. So I ignored it.🤦🏻‍♀️ Now I must build it.
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member

As much as I think it would be fun to see a new clip in game and be trying to work it out, I don't want it because it would have to mean either ever more updates, or, and likelier, needing to be online play. Also it could mess with game immersion.

But yeah, I have wanted my celebrities to show up on the TV and billboards for AGES!
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Finally Werewolves!!!!! I so can not wait for them to show up. :)