Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring 2022 Roadmap Revealed!

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,023 Member
    edited May 2022
    Time for me to start looking back to see if we ever got any significant info on a Monday. 😄

Edited to add:

Well that didn't take long. Decor To The Max was released on Monday, March 14. So there's a chance we might get one of the kits today.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,694 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    I think the game pack has to be werewolves so I'm probably gonna skip that one. But happy for everyone whos been waiting!! I am however excited for the kits coming. I think one of them is going to be a clothing kit and I am hoping for another gameplay kit though I'd be okay with two clothing kits.

This is one thing I really love about this forum, Simmers who really don't want a certain pack but can be happy for those who want it! Please let keep this up
    I agree. Being considerate, patient, kind or any other good quality even when things don't go your way is never without reward because it makes everyone feel good. You feel good inside of yourself and you make those around feel good. That's why I always try to find my joy in the joy of others ❤❤❤

Well said, both of you! You captured the essence with the bolded part @Babykittyjade. Our joy at finally getting our werewolves should be infectious what with an EP not that far off. Share in our joy and let it be something that makes you excited about the upcoming EP. Who knows, you too may get something you've been dreaming about and wishing for as badly as we have been wishing for this.

I recently “discovered” the big and popular bird nest app. Always late to the party.
    I believe that the very first comment I ever made on the official Sims account was werewolf related, you know, showing an interest and such (spreading some love beyond the forums, as you would, as you would) .

I was momentarily taken aback by the verbal abuse I got from some of the “sim community members” on there. I’m perfectly aware that I’m not the kinda guy who struts around with a sparkling little bubble gum scented halo above his head but….you know. What I got was direct insults thrown at my face. And nothing there seems to go without a delightful dose of profanity. I thought “well folks, at least try to be funny while you’re at it” but nope, although that in itself was funny. 😂
    These things don’t bother me in the slightest as I don’t take any of it seriously. I’m easily humored. Humor me some more. Having said that, I find it to be a very strange environment and it’s set up for everyone to chatter as loud as possible but for no one to listen. I can now see how cancel culture was born.

I feel that the forums here are quite the opposite. Again, I’m not an innocent happy little Marshmallow even though I sometimes smell like one, because I eat them, very rarely, but it happens. At least most folks on here read and try to understand what others have to say. Not always, but I find that most of the time you can find yourself in a pretty decent conversation as it is so much easier to communicate in a place where you can take your sweet sweet time to read, write and review and read and write some more. Novels. Novels. Nonsense, a lot of the time -in my case at least -but novels. Or but a few simple lines. It’s all good. It’s all grand.

My bird app feed on the other hand, goes at 100 miles a millisecond and so do the conversations. Every-time I’m about to share a “post” in the most current convo I’m already a week late.

I know we sometimes joke about the forums being a bit of an ‘aul folks home, because, you know, most of us are no longer 23 YO and call each other BESTIE (by gosh I’m full of love but I absolutely hate hate hate that word! BURN IT! 🤣 I apologize if I offended anyone by saying I don’t like a word that you indeed do like because you do you ❤️), however…

…I forgot what I was going to say. Seriously. Can’t remember what I was about to say….What? WHAT’S THAT MARY? CAN’T HEAR YA LUV. SHPEAK UP GURL! SHED? I HAVE TO GO TO THE SHED? WHAT’S IN THE SHED LUV?

Ow bed. Ow Yesh. WILL YA JOIN ME MARY?

Oh the joy of being a 108 year old.
    It’s way past my bed time.

Now, all I wanted to really say is yes, I’m in agreement with the previous comments. We’re not all interested in the same content, but we all play the same game. Ain’t that something?

To jump back on the ON TOPIC train again ….I’d say we’ll get a “leak” this weekend and a teaser or Monday or Tuesday. Kit, most likely. ⚒

I’m late to this part of the conversation, but just wanted to add that forums feel more like an actual community to me, so I prefer to share here. Twitter is more of a bunch of interconnected personal platforms with no real sense of community. It also amplifies some voices above the rest. I have Twitter, but have no real interest in jumping into that randomness. I do follow the gurus, and I get that they’re posting where the activity is, but I don’t think it would hurt them to occasionally take some time to visit here. Even if it’s just a monthly guru chat, or something. I mean, this is the Official Forum, and except for a few of us, we don’t bite.

On topic, Friday 13 followed by a blood supermoon would have been great timing for a werewolf pack announcement.

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,563 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    Would it kill them to give us actual release dates though?
    I swear their roadmap is kinda like me planning to vacuum the house.....it's gonna happen at some point but, ?????
    :D

LOL. I wish they'd just come right out and tell us now.

Don't mess with us, EA, or we'll storm your castle with pitchforks and fire!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,458 Member
    I swear their roadmap is kinda like me planning to vacuum the house.....it's gonna happen at some point but, ?????

Planning to vacuum at some point sounds so familiar. :)

I wish they would stop all the teasing and just talk to us. The teasing has become frustrating and irritating, something annoying we have to put up with to get info. I miss the sims 2 days when we got a flyer half a year in advance so we knew there was a pack coming up and we knew it's theme.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,992 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Planning to vacuum at some point sounds so familiar. :)

I wish they would stop all the teasing and just talk to us. The teasing has become frustrating and irritating, something annoying we have to put up with to get info. I miss the sims 2 days when we got a flyer half a year in advance so we knew there was a pack coming up and we knew it's theme.

I'm still at work and I've been dying to get to my final break so I could check in and see what they had revealed...the same thing they revealed last week I see, nada.

Do I have to beg, Gurus? For even a tiny morsel of information. Just one little glimpse of a fang? Of an ear? The suspense is killing us!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,023 Member
    I'm still at work and I've been dying to get to my final break so I could check in and see what they had revealed...the same thing they revealed last week I see, nada.

Lol. :p

I just see it as possibly something to look forward to tomorrow. :)
  • Options

I think I'll just start a mental countdown till the last day of June, the last possible day for the GP. Then I can only be pleasantly surprised if it comes sooner.
    I hope it is indeed werewolves. Because of all this endless teasing and giving people false hopes (I really hoped for fairies with cottage living) I can't fully enjoy looking forward to werewolves until it is officially confirmed.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,209 Member

Me, too. I'm actually quite certain that we'll get something tomorrow, because the roadmap was for May and June, and we're already halfway through May with nothing but a teaser so far. Now would be the best time to release something, and I hope it's a trailer for werewolves, because I don't care about kits at all.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,737 Member

I think I'll just start a mental countdown till the last day of June, the last possible day for the GP. Then I can only be pleasantly surprised if it comes sooner.
    I hope it is indeed werewolves. Because of all this endless teasing and giving people false hopes (I really hoped for fairies with cottage living) I can't fully enjoy looking forward to werewolves until it is officially confirmed.

I am kinda expecting a lot of "drama" in the coming months... either because the next pack is not werewolves, or it is werewolves but not the way people wanted them.
  • Options

I know you're right, but I'm still that 10 year old girl on Christmas morning waiting, agonizing over when will mom and dad call me so I can come unwrap my presents.😁 I thought I was wound up anticipating the release of vampires, but that was nothing compared to this. I am ready to burst I'm so excited.

On a completely unrelated note, have I ever mentioned how much I love werewolves.....

• Options
    logion wrote: »

I am kinda expecting a lot of "drama" in the coming months... either because the next pack is not werewolves, or it is werewolves but not the way people wanted them.

if we are going to get werewolves, of course it is not gonna be werewolves the way people want it. That is why I don't dive too deeply in discussion about 'what is your dream pack'. I will just see what we get without building up too much expectations.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,018 Member
    edited May 2022
    cyncie wrote: »
    I mean, this is the Official Forum, and except for a few of us, we don’t bite.

*Chewing sounds stop as Simmingal slowly peeks at cyncie from behind the couch looking guilty*

I'm sorry please continue
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

if we are going to get werewolves, of course it is not gonna be werewolves the way people want it. That is why I don't dive too deeply in discussion about 'what is your dream pack'. I will just see what we get without building up too much expectations.

That's about where I am in this regard. I do hope it's werewolves, and even more I hope they're awesome. But if one or both of those don't happen I'll just lament the fact for a minute and then move on... back to the waiting list for something that I can sink my teeth into (pun intended). Again. I'm pretty used to sitting on that list by now. ;)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    VeeDub wrote: »

That's about where I am in this regard. I do hope it's werewolves, and even more I hope they're awesome. But if one or both of those don't happen I'll just lament the fact for a minute and then move on... back to the waiting list for something that I can sink my teeth into (pun intended). Again. I'm pretty used to sitting on that list by now. ;)

I may be headed for a major letdown, and probably will be let down a little, but I feel like we're going to get something really close to what we want. I know getting exactly what I'm dying for is probably beyond the game's ability to deliver in full. And there is the fact that the modelers are going to be limited by having to make whatever they create run on the maximum number of machines possible. I'm hoping they give the community a solid working foundation that the cc crowd can chew on and run with(double pun intended) and brush the kinks out of.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

I may be headed for a major letdown, and probably will be let down a little, but I feel like we're going to get something really close to what we want. I know getting exactly what I'm dying for is probably beyond the game's ability to deliver in full. And there is the fact that the modelers are going to be limited by having to make whatever they create run on the maximum number of machines possible. I'm hoping they give the community a solid working foundation that the cc crowd can chew on and run with(double pun intended) and put the finishing touches on.

I admire your optimism, and I sincerely hope you're right! Extra points for the pun, by the way. :grin:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2022

I may be headed for a major letdown, and probably will be let down a little, but I feel like we're going to get something really close to what we want. I know getting exactly what I'm dying for is probably beyond the game's ability to deliver in full. And there is the fact that the modelers are going to be limited by having to make whatever they create run on the maximum number of machines possible. I'm hoping they give the community a solid working foundation that the cc crowd can chew on and run with(double pun intended) and brush the kinks out of.

I admire your optimism, and I sincerely hope you're right! Extra points for the pun, by the way. :grin:

Thank you VeeDub. I took the liberty of updating your quote. I just thought of how I could finish off the pun trifecta. I gave up the first time and posted and then it came to me. I was headed back in to update it when I saw your post.😁

Hmm, I forgot the edit was going to be under the fold.

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,737 Member
    edited May 2022

I hope that we will, but their previous packs have (in my opinion) left a bit to be desired... and I am not sure that we will see any huge improvements.

Again, I would love to be proved wrong but right now I am keeping my expectations that we will get something similar to My Wedding Stories (in terms of quality). They are releasing them quite close after another after all.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    If the world of Simmers were divided into "occult players" and "realism players" (which, incidentally, I don't care to do), I'd be a "realism player." Still, I usually include some occult Sims in my saves. And I'm looking forward to exploring what's coming up.

Lots of people are intrigued by the supernatural. Why wouldn't Sims be intrigued, too? My Sims can wonder if aliens and Spellcasters, or vampires and werewolves, are real. Some of them can try to find out the answers to those questions for themselves, and possibly interact with the supernaturals they discover. Then they can tell their friends what they've seen, and their friends can wonder if they're telling them the truth. That creates lots of possibilities for captivating stories to emerge from our gameplay.

Unless I play a save that is focused on vampires my sims rarely see them. This is with me having vampires as one of the absolute best things in the game.

Mostly vampires are just in the background, on if the things that can go bump in the night if you are unlucky. Some saves are all-out-occult but other times I just want there to be hints that there might be more things lurking in the shadows.

My current main-save that is on a break right now is focused on gardening with regular sims. Having different saves with a different main and supportive cast makes it more fun to play for me.
  • Options

I hope that we will, but their previous packs have (in my opinion) left a bit to be desired... and I am not sure that we will see any huge improvements.

Again, I would love to be proved wrong but right now I am keeping my expectations that we will get something similar to My Wedding Stories (in terms of quality). They are releasing them quite close after another after all.

Normally that's the view I take, but in this case I will admit I'm letting my heart lead me on this one. I am prepared for the worst, or at least I feel like I'm ready. This is one time I'm going to throw myself headfirst into the void and hope and pray for the best. I still have my vampires to console me if it all goes wrong, but I still believe we're going to get something good.

Ah-ooooooo!

• Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    I'm surprised. It's been two weeks since they released the roadmap and still nothing. When the September 'Season of Selves' roadmap was released, the first kit was announced the very next day alongside a release date.

They even let a lunar eclipse super blood moon pass by without using its hype as a means to tease anything which... would've been perfect? Color me confused.
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member

I have been thinking the same thing. I do think it is werewolves, but I suspect many people won't be happy with how they get implemented.
    I do the same as you @Atreya33, and avoid diving too deeply into speculation. That way I am less likely to be disappointed and I can just enjoy what works for me. There is a thread on here specifically on what people want to see in a werewolf, which has been pretty active, and I don't even look at it. Just seems like I would get really into some of the ideas that probably won't happen, so..

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options

I really hope the next GP, whatever theme it turns out to be, is of better quality than my wedding stories. I especially hope that the next GP will have more gameplay than my wedding stories and dream home decorator. Those two were severely lacking gameplay even if dream home decorator tried to make up for it in build assets.
    They time between this GP and the last is not super long but this could be compensated by the fact that we didn't have a EP in nearly a year and the last stuff packs is even longer ago. Unless all the resources go to the many kits we have gotten but those can't take up much resources because they are just CAS and BB items. I still have a bit of hope that we get something that will be enjoyable.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Today is the day. Today is the day we hear from the gurus.

giphy.gif