Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring 2022 Roadmap Revealed!

Comments

• Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    OK! Nothing announced for The Sims 4?! You know what? This is not my day, y'all! I'm out
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Well it's after 11am PST, so I guess no news today.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Man, I really wish we could link smaller worlds together. I'd turn Glimmerbrook into Werewolf territory and link it across the bridge from Forgotten Hollow, make Spellcasters have to get through there safely to get to the portal to the Magic Realm, and let the games begin.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    rudolpha wrote: »
    I remember when we had both werewolves and fairies in an earlier Sim version and I tried so hard to have a hybrid baby but my fairy sim could never get pregnant. Well I guess I'll have to wait for fairies to continue this experiment but I will marry off my werewolf to my sim Maleficent for now.

I remember being somewhat disappointed in Sims 3 vampires, and very disappointed with zombies. Fairies were not something I thought I'd be interested in at ALL but they turned out to be so much fun and I loved playing them.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    My first wolfie is ready to howl. This is Shea Wolfe....
    vKyEMtQ.png?1
    eQwgAFs.png
    Here she is in my game version. I did use some cc so this one doesn't go in the gallery.
    dHo7xfN.png
    JKsocbB.png?1

I'm going to put her up in the gallery either later today or tomorrow. I only have the everyday outfit done at the moment.

Shea is now available to download from my gallery if you are interested. There is also a full set of screenshots posted in Creative Corner in @Rosemows thread for showing off your sims.

• Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited May 2022

Things one stays up for:
    • Dates (Not budging on my dating app theory)
    • Slumber Parties
    • Being a werewolf

These would fit in with the ad shown. Romance, kids playing in the backyard, and the obvious occult we are getting. I could see the kits being date stuff CAS, and the other being for sleep overs. Maybe blanket forts/tents, pajamas, hmm what else.. I honestly can't think of much slumber party "stuff" that is just stuff. I mostly think of game play.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

Things one stays up for:
    • Slumber Parties
    • Being a werewolf

These would fit in with the ad shown. Romance, kids playing in the backyard, and the obvious occult we are getting. I could see the kits being date stuff CAS, and the other being for sleep overs. Maybe blanket forts/tents, pajamas, hmm what else.. I honestly can't think of much slumber party "stuff" that is just stuff. I mostly think of game play.
    Nightlife = werewolves, no wait! Ummm... Nightlife umm... whatever this is! Y'all gotta give directions. Anyway, while The Sims 4 still on-going, nightlife aspects has been reintroduced in Get Together and it's subsequent content packs, City Living, Bowling Night Stuff, and Get Famous that features special nightlife activities such as, nighttime parties, festivals, bowling, talent shows etc., you know
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

Things one stays up for:
    • Slumber Parties
    • Being a werewolf

I think that's a sound theory.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Maybe blanket forts

@Chaotic_Moira I was not considering getting either of these kits and then you said blanket forts
    :/
    this is now more difficult

• Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Maybe blanket forts
    @Chaotic_Moira I was not considering getting either of these kits and then you said blanket forts
    :/
    this is now more difficult

LOL. Now lets hope that actually happens..
    Cause my mind literally went, "sleepovers, oooh blanket forts... :smiley::D ... wait ... :/ ....oh man, they're not gonna have blanket forts... :disappointed: "

A slumber party without a blanket fort is sad.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    c'mon Sims team....we are now 1/6th of the way through the roadmap for May/June.
    Gimme some sort of release date!!
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    c'mon Sims team....we are now 1/6th of the way through the roadmap for May/June.

I know! They always take sooo longgggg
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »

Yep! I want a release date as well! I'm very impatient :(
    He/Him
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I'm sticking to my guess that we'll see a kit next week. Maybe not on the 17th, maybe the 20th. I still feel like an announcement is coming today or tomorrow. It feels like they're having a bit of fun teasing us, letting us go a bit nuts anticipating. Surely they know about all the excitement on here for what we all hope and believe is a werewolf game pack. Maybe there are some updates in the very near future and elements within the kits that may confirm that the gamepack is werewolves, so they want to get us even more wound up by making us wait, build up the tension.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Things one stays up for:
    • Slumber Parties
    • Being a werewolf

I mean somehow "Stay Up" doesn't ... sound like werewolf pack? It would be weird if it wasn't but they've mis-teased us before so who knows.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Oh gosh I hope Stay up is a place holder name regardless of what it's about lol 😳 Go wild sounds much better.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I mean somehow "Stay Up" doesn't ... sound like werewolf pack? It would be weird if it wasn't but they've mis-teased us before so who knows.

I was thinking the same thing, but I hope it's still werewolves. After six months of nothing but kits, including one that finally promised more modern men's clothes that turned out to be neither modern nor manly, followed by the buggy mess that was My Wedding Stories, I could do without another major disappointment. It's been two years and eight months since the last occult, and occult players have been asking for werewolves for a long time, so teasing a pack that looks like that, only to "surprise" us with something else entirely would be a really bad move at this point.

But despite how negative all that sounded, I'm still optimistic. Everything except the name (which may just be a placeholder) points to werewolves, including the guy in the picture that reminds me of Jacob from Twilight, so... we'll see.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing, but I hope it's still werewolves. After six months of nothing but kits, including one that finally promised more modern men's clothes that turned out to be neither modern nor manly, followed by the buggy mess that was My Wedding Stories, I could do without another major disappointment. It's been two years and eight months since the last occult, and occult players have been asking for werewolves for a long time, so teasing a pack that looks like that, only to "surprise" us with something else entirely would be a really bad move at this point.

But despite how negative all that sounded, I'm still optimistic. Everything except the name (which may just be a placeholder) points to werewolves, including the guy in the picture that reminds me of Jacob from Twilight, so... we'll see.

Some people can't sleep very well on full moon nights, and stay up late. Anyway, the teaser said go wild so I am looking at the literal meaning and expect to see at least some wild animals if not werewolves.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I still expect werewolves. I hope we would have gotten a firm no by now if they're not coming. The disappointment will be huge otherwise.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    @telemwill Personally I'll be somewhere between disappointed and devastated if we don't get werewolves. It's just about all I can think about with the game right now. I've secretly wanted this since day one and I was a bit heartbroken when they didn't join vampires in an occult mega-pack. Or at least come in the next pack or second pack after vampires.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited May 2022
    "Stay Up" as a title doesn't really mean much of anything to an insomniac (like me). Actually scratch that. Because we very often stay up (and in my case often end up sleeping in daylight hours), it could mean literally anything. "Things and Stuff" might as well be its name.

Edited for clarity.
    Post edited by VeeDub on
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Would you really call a werewolfe pack "Stay Up"?!
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    "Stay Up" is the name of the roadmap (same as "Simting to Celebrate" was the name for the last one), I doubt it will also be the name of the GP (or the kits to be honest).
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Nothing on the Instant Gaming webpage states that "Stay Up" refers to a Game Pack.

The "title" could refer to a Slumberparty Kit for all we know. It could refer to absolutely nothing, although underneath it mentions:

"This DLC requires the base game The Sims 4."

I can't think of anything other than it being a placeholder image & working title for ANY upcoming DLC.
    The Instant Gaming crowd just picked a bunch of words used in the description of the May/June Roadmap and went with that. Makes sense. At least to me.

Anyway, I certainly don't want "Stay Up" to refer to my current signature because that thing needs to "Come Down" after the announcement of the next Game Pack. Being forced to keep it there will certainly Unleash my Inner Beast. And that guy ain't pretty. >:)
  • Options
    Stay up to me is a generic term for any late night activities. Parties, dates, sleep overs, and hunting with the pack under the moon, and howling at said moon. Ah-ooooo!!! Sorry, I don't know what came over me just now.

There are any number of activities that fall under that term. But I sure know which one I want to be there.