Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I wonder what kind of interesting info they expect from these boring standardized surveys. It would be far more helpful to read the forums and discuss with us here.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I wonder what kind of interesting info they expect from these boring standardized surveys. It would be far more helpful to read the forums and discuss with us here.

Because not everyone is vocal on the forums. Or even on the forums. Heck, I'd even argue that it's likely that on some topics, the forums are a *bad* representation of the Sims player base (notice I don't say Community) at large.

If they came to the forums for their feedback (and at least some of the Devs do actually read the forums, even if they don't post here) we'd only get what the forum wants. Which would be great for the forum, but maybe not so great for the Sims players who don't engage with it here or on social media.

And these surveys aren't meant to reach everyone, just a representative sample.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Yay, more kits. I'm excited.

0kTqN3Z.jpg

I agree with Alan, these surveys barely let you say anything meaningful. But they did ask about the quantity of items, which is cool. Maybe if we all join in the vote and express a desire for more items, they'll start putting more stuff in kits?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager

That's why I'm here. :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    EA_Cade wrote: »

That's true 🌞💗
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Werewolves.

Werewolves.

Werewolves.

main-qimg-1d79f0a64676b1cd564084407234bcf6
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited April 2022
    I saw it in my game and answered it, since I have finally bought some kits, along with MWS.

I gave feedback on the Carnaval Streetwear Kit, but there was not much I was able to add... I think it was okay, I bought it because of the lack of content.

For what it's worth, I like most of the items in the different kits, but I don't like that we are not getting any gameplay.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Because not everyone is vocal on the forums. Or even on the forums. Heck, I'd even argue that it's likely that on some topics, the forums are a *bad* representation of the Sims player base (notice I don't say Community) at large.

If they came to the forums for their feedback (and at least some of the Devs do actually read the forums, even if they don't post here) we'd only get what the forum wants. Which would be great for the forum, but maybe not so great for the Sims players who don't engage with it here or on social media.

And these surveys aren't meant to reach everyone, just a representative sample.

You are of course right. But the problem with all the dozens of surveys in TS4 is that they have no depth. They simply take a pack and ask "Did you like the style/colours/culture/representation?" I would prefer interesting questions like:
    Would you buy an 18+ EP with more mature content?
    Would you like new elements like cut scenes, minigames, editable areas outside of lots?
    Would you change your mind about DLC for DLC and buy a pack that enhances the stone old retail system?
    Something like that.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited April 2022
    I mean I would say the kit number is probably typo in that those are not kits they are asking about as they do not yet exist and probably just got numbers mixed like what kit are we on again

that being said i do think kit 12 and 13 will exist eventually anyway so like :sweat_smile: I wouldn't take it as hint they are finna drop immediately but well they will probably exist inside this year

aand about the actual survey given its buyers survey they probably don't need my opinion though as I didn't buy these (for now anyway)

there were couple items i really love in each but I still feel kinda iffy about just getting b/b or cas items that don't actually change my gameplay in any way because i don't particularily want to bloat my game atm

also with carnival one I'm kinda disappointed how some of the full body outfits couldn't be top and bottom separately and thats another thing thats making me less interested in getting the kit cause like when all it has is clothes i don't see why they can't add the shirt and skirt separately so it would be way more versatile

and with maximalist kit i felt kinda iffy about getting same basic furnitures again like i don't need glass coffee table i have one kind of way

like meanwhile some items are wow i love that some of them are repetitive and then its like well theres already so few items so does the amount of new cool items really justify getting the kit and wouldn't it just be so nice if it all was new and cool
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    Personally, I don't mind and don't intend to purchase any kits in The Sims 4, simply because I don't see them in a positive light. To me it just seems like another way to mine money, filling the game with absolutely nothing new. If they got even a few good ideas from the forums they would see that there are a lot of things to work on to make the game better and more realistic. Starting with the various expansions that urgently need updates and quality of life improvements. Why does everything in The Sims 4 have to have so many loading screens? Why can't we have stores or restaurants in our own homes? Why do our Sims seem so limited and without personality of their own, even with their lifestyles? Why are our newborns just crying objects? Why did they release a celebrity package that has no singers, dancers, bands, orchestras or performances? So many things to work on and they are releasing kits...Meanwhile, I expect thieves and cars back since 2014.
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Very disappointing survey because it didn't ask how we thought they should improve kits.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,402 Member
    edited April 2022
    Whether you bought the two most recent kits or not, this is a survey for you to answer:

https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6775816/04-2022
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    Yeah, this survey seemed kind of useless. There was really no room for any sort of feedback of what types of things players would be interested in having in kits.

I’d personally love to see goth, lolita/elegant gothic aristocrat, punk, decades (20s/30s/40s etc), cyberpunk, and men’s casual fashion (like normal clothes, not runway stuff). Or maybe some build kits, like things to make a wider variety of community lot types.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited April 2022
    I made the point that I prefer actual packs as opposed to kits.

I feel that most effort towards new content has gone to kits than actual packs. For $5, there just isn't enough there.
  • Options
    edited April 2022

I don't know what you want me to do about this. I can't delete my thread. If you're suggesting to merge this thread with yours that's a moderator's responsibility.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2022
    Lol the second question was why didn’t I buy Decor to the Max. I checked I would prefer other kits than this one, the theme didn’t appeal to me, and I do not plan on buying it. The screen refreshed and said thanks. That was it for my survey. Wow! I didn’t even get to any other questions regarding the other kits or future content or anything like that.

But, thanks for posting the link anyway @simmerorigin I wouldn’t have seen it otherwise :)
  • Options
    I wrote about this somewhere else, but I honestly would prefer if kits were embedded inside expansion packs. The same way Sims 2 EPs had themed CAS and build buy content (medieval, groovy, European, art nouveau). Maybe it's counterintuitive because smaller purchases have less friction for the consumer, but I would prefer fewer larger packs of content with kits inside of them.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member

I don't know what you want me to do about this. I can't delete my thread. If you're suggesting to merge this thread with yours that's a moderator's responsibility.

I wasn't suggesting you do anything. :) Just letting simmers know there was an already existing thread on this topic.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I wrote about this somewhere else, but I honestly would prefer if kits were embedded inside expansion packs. The same way Sims 2 EPs had themed CAS and build buy content (medieval, groovy, European, art nouveau). Maybe it's counterintuitive because smaller purchases have less friction for the consumer, but I would prefer fewer larger packs of content with kits inside of them.

What do you mean by this? You mean raise the price of the ep with a kit with it? I don't really see the point of that? Or do you mean to just do themed items as the items that come with the pack? Because they kinda already do that. Like how get famous has mid century modern furniture and eco lifestyle has run down and upcycled furniture
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

What do you mean by this? You mean raise the price of the ep with a kit with it? I don't really see the point of that? Or do you mean to just do themed items as the items that come with the pack? Because they kinda already do that. Like how get famous has mid century modern furniture and eco lifestyle has run down and upcycled furniture

I think the comment meant to embed the content from Kits in EP's, GP's, or SP's.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

Ugh, I wouldn't prefer that. There's already enough content that I don't like in the larger packs. I don't want them to put in even more that I don't want or like. I generally prefer to purchase larger packs, but I'd like them to keep the more niche stuff to kits so that we can more easily pick and choose which we want and which we will never have to touch even with a 10-foot pole.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    I don't mind kits per say, though I think they are too small and have yet to buy one. But the way I see it kits would be a way to include content not everyone is interested in, but cool for those who are while the bigger packs can be more "tasteful" (in lack of a better word). Take the London Street Wear kit - it's perfect for a kit. Far from everyone are into skirts for men, but those who are will be happy. Those of us who aren't, are just happy not to have it in our game.

That said, there is such a think as too much. Right now there are too many kits in relation to the packs.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member

Because 99.99% of players never visit the forum :p .

The survey probably reaches more people.

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited April 2022
    As I said before ai think kits are great for console players and non cc users but I would be happier with kits if it was more than b/b or CAS. I've always been secretly jealous of the store ts3 players have. Looking through it I saw some awesome stuff and so much variety that I would huy the whole store if I played ts3. From worlds,game play, objects, CAS and everything.
    I thought that's more like what kits were going to be longterm.
    And then after bust the dust I thought we were going to get all kinds of unique things like this.
    But I feel like people complained so bad they are scared to do anything but CAS. I never had a problem with bust the dust and thought it was fine. Now that it's nerfed I never have any dust to clean as a rotational player. That kit only had one problem in my opinion. It was all of the excessive buffs and moods and idles they added. Now I love the emotional aspect of sims and buffs but for a tiny kit it brought too much of it and I had to mod out the constant room sniffing 😆

Sims 4 is still young! So who knows what kits could come in the future though. Still hopeful to see things more like the ts3 store.
    Also still hoping to see little things that won't fit into other packs (which was the whole idea of kits)
    Like wood chopping. Although that would make a nice addition to an outdoor retreat refresh 👀

Would love to have to go out and chop my own wood in order to make a camp fire (with proper animations not appearing/disappearing wood from 50 feet away from the tree😂)
    Bikes and boats for two sims...
    I would even buy a kit that added a new bed type for 3 sims.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(