Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Survey: More Kits Coming?

2...Next

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yeah, this survey seemed kind of useless. There was really no room for any sort of feedback of what types of things players would be interested in having in kits.

I’d personally love to see goth, lolita/elegant gothic aristocrat, punk, decades (20s/30s/40s etc), cyberpunk, and men’s casual fashion (like normal clothes, not runway stuff). Or maybe some build kits, like things to make a wider variety of community lot types.

Great list! Would love this.
    I don't feel like kits are reaching their full potential.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I did the survey, but it only asked me about the Decor to the Max kit. I wanted to answer about the Carnival Street Kit, but since it never asked me, I'll give feedback here.
    The Carnival Street Kit has some very pretty items and it's the first and only so far Kit that I am interested in, but I don't like the way it was marketed towards cross-dressing. It made it very difficult to determine which items would be for male or female Sims until the pack released and it was rather disappointing to learn that the pink top I thought would be for females is actually for males. It really irks me when pretty feminine looking items are not given to females. Also, since the pink top has a very similar pattern to the mermaid scales, could we please have pink mermaid scales added to mermaids?
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Very disappointing survey because it didn't ask how we thought they should improve kits.

Agree - selected the 'theme didn't appeal' to me option, but it didn't ask anything else. I didn't buy the Carnaval kit for the same reason - some of the stuff was cute, but none of the clothes were the sort my Sims would wear. (I might wear them, or the younger me might have worn them :p , but not my Sims). I've really liked some of the other kits (the country kitchen one and Bust the Dust). I'd be all over a medieval kit (as suggested in another thread). It doesn't ask why. (Both kits were entirely too loud and modern for my gameplay style.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited April 2022
    At least it gives the opportunity to the ones who liked these kits to ask for more content about these themes.

It's never useless.

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,967 Member
    edited April 2022
    Maybe they are trying to see whether people are wanting more CAS or Build/Buy, but it seems like they could just look at sales for them. Maybe they are trying to see how many people who buy the kits are actually taking the surveys.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Filled it out for both of them--wish they would have asked about other themes/gameplay we're interested in but overall I hope this helps!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited April 2022
    The forums mainly seem to consist of the old days sim players, many of us are in our 30s and older. Most of us even started out playing TS back in 2000, and if not then we started out with TS2.

I know there's younger people here too, but mostly it's us old simmers. Whenever I read Instagram about a new pack we don't like or are critical about on the forums, younger audiences usually hype it.

Especially for kits it's console players who love them because they really need more variety of items as they can't use CC. And I don't know for sure, but I might guess younger players more often play on console. I know many teenagers nowadays who don't even own a PC anymore, they just use their phone or tablets or laptops that wouldn't be able to run TS4 with all packs installed. And many of them have consoles.

Younger audiences receive the packs differently than we do. So I guess reading the forums isn't so helpful for EA because we're just one type of audience TS4 caters to.

Also Twitter seems to have more of an older audience, you find younger audiences more like on TikTok or Instagram.