Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,874 Member
    edited March 2022
    Patch notes copied here to facilitate discussion.

WHAT'S NEW?

Play with Neighborhood Stories!

Ever wonder why those Sims next door never move out? Or expand their family? โ€ฆOr die from causes other than old age?

Well, Neighborhood Stories is the answer! Last November, we rolled out an update for everyone that added a set of life changes for Neighbor Sims who have a personal connection to your active household. With this release, Neighborhood Stories expands to breathe more life into Sims around town without your Sims even having to know them. Theyโ€™re your neighbors, or your Sims that live across town, or even across the world. The Sims that you donโ€™t actively play now have story moments happen to them. This includes allowing neighbor Sims to die in accidents, have an adoption or baby, make changes in their career or move in and out of Lots.

But maybe youโ€™re saying, โ€œI like the Pancakes the way they are! I donโ€™t want them to move or have children! Thatโ€™s not my story!โ€ Donโ€™t worry - Neighborhood Stories can be enabled for all Sims in My Households or Other Households, or on an individual basis per Household. Not only that, but each type of story can also be turned on or off individually. So, you can turn off the Pancakes from moving out or having children, but Bob can still change his career or die in a fiery accident!

To change configurations, just select Manage Worlds in the Options menu, and then select Manage Households. From there, you can choose either My Households or Other Households, and then configure the Neighborhood Stories by selecting the button at the top-right for all the Households in that tab. Or you can configure them separately per Household, using the Neighborhood Stories button in each Household.

To see what changes have taken place each day, go to a Mailbox and select โ€˜Check Recent Neighborhood Storiesโ€™. A Notification will appear, letting you know what changes have happened. See whatโ€™s happening to the Sims around the world, no matter who they are!

New Scenarios Now Available Along with Existing Household Support in Select Scenarios!

Would you like to try out some brand new Scenarios? With todayโ€™s base game update you can!

Weโ€™ve added 7 new Scenarios to The Sims 4. When you boot up the game today youโ€™ll have access to:
    Too Many toddlers
    In this updated version of the previously limited time Scenario, aim to get the happy toddler reward trait for this gaggle of whiz kids in the making
    Troublemaker
    The kidโ€™s a menace! Choose the path of villainy or surprise them with a redemption arc!
    Rom-Com
    Is this relationship a joke? Only you can write the punchline!
    Super Rich Supervillain
    Making a fortune is great, but you know whatโ€™s even better? Stealing one.
    Extraterrestrial Researcher
    This Sim wants toโ€ฆ believe! Bring the truth from โ€˜out thereโ€™ to your own home.
    Unlucky Chef
    Luck has nothing to do with how fire this chef isโ€ฆ
    No Skills, No Problem
    Who said Sims need to be skilled to make it in life? Time to prove your street smarts!

In addition to these Scenarios weโ€™ve updated the feature to add existing household support to select Scenarios. Youโ€™ll also notice several tweaks and improvements to various aspects of the feature.

Take these new Scenarios for a spin today!

BUG FIXES

The Sims 4
    We fixed an issue that caused Wedding Venues not to be available for Base Game Weddings.
    If a new Scenario is available, you will see a notification now after logging into the game.
    Opening and closing the Scenarios interface in Live Mode comes with a proper animation now.
    Simmers should no longer see the "Happily Ever After?" outcome for the Engaged in Conflict Scenario when both Sims have a good sentiment.
    The Conditions for the "Too Many To Handle" ending in the "Too Many Toddlers" Scenario only apply to toddlers now that were present when starting the Scenario.
    We fixed an issue for some languages that caused Scenario outcome texts not to fit in the text box.
    The Power Couple Scenario will conclude now when one of your Sims receives a promotion to CEO.
    The audio response when starting a Scenario in a New Save Game and canceling a Scenario in live mode has been improved.
    The work task interface for your active career should no longer clash with the Scenario interface when joining a career and moving to the work place at the time of work.
    The yfHair_SP19CurlyLowPony hair style will be visible in Create a Sim catalog now when the Feminine Fashion Choice filter is selected.
    Fixed an issue with Scenarios where the requirement for Sims to be spouses displayed as completed although there was just one Sim in the household.
    The Scenario name also shows in the start Scenario interface now.
    When entering Create a Sim after starting a new Scenario, the household requirements will no longer be overlapped by the Create A Sim Catalog and all information on the panel will be easy to read.
    Calling off an Engagement will now count towards the Villainous Valentine Aspiration correctly.
    We also made a few updates to the friendly calls from other Sims that your Sims receive:
    โ—‹ Your Sims will no longer be called by a neighbor Sim and asked about becoming friends with another active household Sim your neighbor has never met before.
    โ—‹ It will also be much clearer for friendly relationship calls now, whether the Sims' get-together is of a platonic or romantic nature.
    โ—‹ NPC Sims will also have sufficient confidence now and will no longer call your Sims asking for permission to be friends with their own spouse.

Seasons
    Your Sims who are right on time to activity meetings no longer are chastised for being late.

Get Famous
    Uninvited Sims no longer walk into your Sims house to "catch up" after your Simโ€™s Fame increases.

Cottage Living
    Some Simmers reported that Cows and Llamas were getting stuck in their inventory after the Finchwick fair had ended. We clarified how to return your animals to their sheds in the fair-end notification.

Spa Day
    Selecting "Teach/Lead" Yoga interactions now cancels "Practice Yoga" automatically.

Strangerville
    Performing the "Ask about career" interaction with the 'Conspiracy Theorist' Erwin Pries will no longer cause a Llama icon to show on the Sim's career tab and on hovering on the Sim in the relationships tab, but it should display the correct icon now.

My Wedding Stories
    Ceremony interactions are now available when doing a Vow Renewal or Reception at another Simโ€™s home.
    Sims should now show up in their appropriate attire for Wedding Ceremonies
    Vow Renewal is now only available to Married Sims, and Wedding Ceremony is only available to Engaged Sims.

Romantic Garden Stuff Pack
    Ghost Sims revive properly now when living Sims use the Wishing Wells "Wish for Life" interaction.

Bust The Dust Kit
    Sims no longer get the "Rage Cleaning" angry moodlet when Bust the Dust is disabled.
    We also optimized vacuum cleaners so your Sims won't need to fight dust everyday.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    They really wanted everyone to know about the lots in evergreen harbor lol
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    This is a big update. They have been busy little beavers!!

However, they repeated this 7 times in the descriptions for Get Famous, Cottage Living, etc: Lots in Evergreen Harbor should now have some proper ground beneath them when accessed through build mode and the world should not look like it's underwater any longer.
  • Options
    Lol, they've fixed it now. I'll update.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I hope this works out well and I agree they seem to have been very busy!
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    This is a big update. They have been busy little beavers!!

However, they repeated this 7 times in the descriptions for Get Famous, Cottage Living, etc: Lots in Evergreen Harbor should now have some proper ground beneath them when accessed through build mode and the world should not look like it's underwater any longer.
    They really wanted everyone to know about the lots in evergreen harbor lol

That was my bad ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

I have no idea how I missed that being in there when it was posted.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    This looks like a very cool feature, I'm looking forward to trying it out.

The ONE thing that struck me as odd was that NPC sims can adopt infants and toddlers but not a child. Why not? They should be able to adopt a child too. I'd say teens too but I can see where that could maybe seem a little skeevy.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I'm happy to see these updates. Great to see that we can configure, and turn off neighborhood stories now.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    That's really cool. I really like that you can customize the story feature for each household.
    I still wonder that if NPC sims gain the ability to marry on their own, will it mean that your sim could get invited to weddings...
    This looks like a very cool feature, I'm looking forward to trying it out.

The ONE thing that struck me as odd was that NPC sims can adopt infants and toddlers but not a child. Why not? They should be able to adopt a child too. I'd say teens too but I can see where that could maybe seem a little skeevy.

Indeed. It is possible to adopt children too (teens aren't. They're let to starve to death after all), so why can't NPCs. Perhaps a good sim would adopt a child because "most of the sims want a baby or toddler".

Though it still would be great if children taken away could be adopted, especially with the neighborhood story features. Imagine you had a toddler taken away and soon you'll see that toddler in another family. Or have a sim adopt a child taken away for another family. It would be cool.
  • Options
    That was my bad ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

I have no idea how I missed that being in there when it was posted.

Don't feel bad. I copied it all and didn't notice. ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Oo I'm really liking all this customization for the neighborhood stories. Have been playing offline for a while but this really makes me want to update.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I'm a little bit nervous how this will work and if there's any major bugs with it. :#
    I'm also curious and excited... and stressed about how much time it will take to adjust everything in my all existing (about 60) saves.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Oh dang, this is really good. As I was reading this, I was all, "I don't want sims to die off the lot, I won't get their urn in case I want to revice them." But no, the game has you covered with the insane amount of customization here. I was gonna turn off neighborhood stories, but now I want to try it out.

New Scenarios.

But wow, bug fixes and Neighborhood stories. Great additions to the game. Now let's get some dragons and instruments next.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Thank you for this. I really love it. Got the message the Munch family adopted a toddler so had to go check him out. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    It's a nice added feature if You play with the pre-made households as part of Your gameplay. I am still hoping for a fix for all the old packs like Dine Out that still does not work properly, and other features that effect direct game play of your Controlled Sims. I really don't pay much attention to what my Sim Neighbors do. Maybe it will be a fun feature. I do hope they start working on fixing old problems before adding new features and new packs, stuff packs and kits though.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    Wowowow I love the customization!! Great job EA. I immediately turned off having babies/adopting/moving in for most of my households, but I love the idea of people randomly dying, quitting and getting jobs, and moving out without me controlling it.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,933 Member
    I have a question; will the 'death.toggle' cheat still work with the 'neighbours can die in accidents' update ? :neutral:
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I love the customization they've given us. Being able to toggle on/off the options we want globally or for individual households is really nice. That said, I'm not sure I'm going to use it. I like how I can be very specific with MCCC regarding how often Sims marry and have children, and even control how many children they are allowed to have. The dying in accidents option is enticing though.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,933 Member
    lol sorry I dont use MCC whatever.... i play with no aging, no death, and scenarios are just small actions to me so i dont use them, i finished one in 10 minutes so maybe i dont get it, or i guess i play weirdly. Im happy i can opt out... :smile:
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2022
    Another kudos to the sims team ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ as a rotational control freak kinda player they didn't forget about us and I appreciate it. Everything sounds really well done and customizable. I was really worried when story progression was first announced but all of my fears have been soothed.
    And I'm glad the scenarios are for existing families now. I have too much fun making my own stories but I might try a scenario eventually.
    I hope the people who originally wanted story progression will be thrilled with this update ๐Ÿ˜Œ
    Oh and I really like the mailbox idea. I'm curious to see what drama is stirring in the neighborhood....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    Well, this came sooner than I expected. I am so happy that we now have actual story progression, I was so tired of getting calls every day from people I didn't know. :cold_sweat:

Can't wait to see what part 3 of this will bring.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Wow! This is even better than I was hoping! I was most concerned about being able to shut it off, but the customization they've given us is actually enticing me to try it in a new save.

Good job, Devs!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Looks good! I might even try out a few features myself.

Neighborhood death! >:)
    #Team Occult