Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I don't like sending my kids to school, and I can't delete the school
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Evalen wrote: »

@Evalen There are mods for homeschooling if you are interested:
    https://www.mccommandcenter.com/sims-4-homeschool-private-better-mod/
  • Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    > @WhatCobblers said:
    > I don't want the Sims game age rating to ever be changed to 18+ or have 18+ content. I might have got the wrong impression here, but whenever I see something marked '18+' it seems to mean content full of: extreme gore (don't want to watch this), horrifically distressing violence/crimes (don't want to watch this either), graphic images of woohoo (am ace orientated and slightly woohoo-repulsed and watching this sort of content does nothing for me whatsoever), or all three combined. Aren't there enough games out there already containing this?

This is the same for me. I avoid gory content in games, films, TV shows, even music videos because I don't see any enjoyment in watching that type of thing, I've had enough distressing events happen in my life that have caused me severe mental health issues and I do not want to see anything of the kind, and I'm also on the ace spectrum and while "woohoo" doesn't repulse me, I just don't it shoved in my face.

I play this game because it doesn't include those things, so I can't actually avoid those types of things. And as you said, there are enough games with that type of stuff in. If this game had content taken to a level that I wouldn't be able to play it with my friend's 11yo or with my 89yo grandmother, then I wouldn't be interested anymore.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    @hely0t @WhatCobblers I am a very romantic person in rl and I agree with you. I don’t need my game to have 18+ content. I want to play it with my almost 14yo daughter and be able to have healthy productive discussions about relationships and allow the woohoo to be no more explicit than it is.

I figure my sims don’t need to be told how to woohoo, they can take it from there on their own 😎
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Both of the “What happened in your game today” threads are exactly the same. The non serial version was turned into a serial version. I really wish a “one off/look at this/my sims did a thing” thread could stay on track.

I made this observation a few weeks back. I often want to post a little gameplay tidbit but don't because I feel a little guilty about not keeping up with everyone's stories and characters. What I do now is add a pic and post in one of the screenshot threads. Maybe it's time for a new gameplay thread.

I posted in this thread about this exact thing months ago. I just avoid them all now.
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    GTW’s clothes are the ugliest clothes offered by a pack.
    Windenburg isn’t that pretty.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    MWS might be more bugs then gameplay but it still counts as a romance pack and we don't need another, at least not till EA gives us a new occult. o:)
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    We need more hobbies that aren't about making something.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    City Living is a terrible expansion pack. Also, Windenburg is overrated and not even the best world (despite Get Together being my second favorite expansion pack).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    The cooking animations aren't cute or fun. I would prefer that all of that time wasted on cooking be used to open the cabinets, get out utensils, chop the food or put it into a food processor, then cook. No culinary gymnastics, just cook.

Hard agree, the only time there should be "culinary gymnastics" should be at the chef station, but only after achieving level 6 in the gourmet cooking skill.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »

@Evalen There are mods for homeschooling if you are interested:
    https://www.mccommandcenter.com/sims-4-homeschool-private-better-mod/

@Elliandre Thanks for the info but there are to many things about the Sims 4 I do not like, Iike the teens the same size as a adult, they look more like college kids.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    sushicrow wrote: »
    I love the trait "bro". I think it's hilairous and stupid. I give it to many of my sims.

@sushicrow I always have a handful of Bros in my Simworld, too. I don't have vampires, but I do have Bros.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @hely0t @WhatCobblers I am a very romantic person in rl and I agree with you. I don’t need my game to have 18+ content. I want to play it with my almost 14yo daughter and be able to have healthy productive discussions about relationships and allow the woohoo to be no more explicit than it is.

I figure my sims don’t need to be told how to woohoo, they can take it from there on their own 😎

@mightysprite Add me to the list of gamers who don't want 18+ content in The Sims. Like you, I play TS4 with my daughter. She turns 13 next week, and The Sims has become one of our favorite things to do together.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    I agree totally!
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited March 2022
    I hate the fact that they got rid of birthday parties. It was a great way for my sim to meet all the friends of the birthday sim.

But, hey at least we have prank calls now... that I completely ignore.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Arzekial wrote: »
    I hate the fact that they got rid of birthday parties. It was a great way for my sim to meet all the friends of the birthday sim.

Huh? My sims still get invited to birthday parties.
    What they changed was that you shouldn't get invites to them if you have aging off....which makes sense, no?
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    I hate that every time you try for baby, you have a baby. I think it should be more hit and miss.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    ferret9005 wrote: »
    I hate that every time you try for baby, you have a baby. I think it should be more hit and miss.

It isn't actually gauranteed. You've just been lucky. I think without boosts (such as the fertility trait) it's like 80% chance. If you use mods, you can reduce that with MCCC, but the reason it's so high is because most simmers get frustrated when it doesn't work.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    ferret9005 wrote: »

Try For Baby hasn't always been successful for my sims so it isn't a given. It is more likely than not though.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Arzekial wrote: »

Huh? My sims still get invited to birthday parties.
    What they changed was that you shouldn't get invites to them if you have aging off....which makes sense, no?

I don't play with aging off. I never have and the last time one of my sims was invited to a birthday party was over 2 years ago.
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion of the day: I do not care at all that babies are tied to cribs. Babies are boring either way and the duration of the life stage is so short that I think it would be a waste of resources to ever bother making any change to it.

While I wouldn't mind seeing babies being updated, I'm also not against them being tied to bassinets. I would actually prefer if a lot of the ideas for improved babies be used for toddlers instead. Like crawling! I'd love if toddlers crawled from movement skills 1 and 2, then waddled for movement 3 and 4, and then ran at 5. I think it's a bit silly they jump out of the bassinet and can suddenly walk.
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I literally read this thread from page 1-117

Really good thread <3

To keep on topic my Unpopular Opinion: I hate hate hate loathe entirely!!! huge houses and anything over 2 floors.
    If it takes me a sim hour to go from my bedroom to the kitchen I am playing wrong I like small single level houses or at most two story 2-3 bedroom homes

Mansions in the sims make me go insane :# never understood how people play them

I tend to play a lot of celebrity Sims, so naturally, they tend to live in large mansions on large plots. I have a 50x40 celebrity mansion in Del Sol Valley that has 3 stories, and getting around the home doesn't take long. The biggest takeaway (no pun intended) for large mansions is making sure the layout is Sim-friendly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top