Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    edited February 2022
    Unpopular opinion but i don't need any more male CAS.

I kind of hope we never get 50/50 masculine/feminine assets. The current ratio fits how I play the game.

Take the current wedding pack. I could have used one or 2 more male suit(tux+casual suit) and 10+ female assets(veils, tea length dress, mermaid cut dress, etc)
    Post edited by Evilyn_1007 on
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @Evilyn_1007

I kind of hope we never get 50/50 masculine/feminine assets. The current ratio fits how I play the game.

Take the current wedding pack. I could have used one or 2 more male suit(tux+casual suit) and 10+ female assets(veils, tea length dress, mermaids, etc)

Mermen don't exactly need more tops like mermaids do.

Anyways, I feel the same, except, I'd like the men's items that exist to have more variety. At least, it would be nice to have a few extra different styles of specific outfits for men.
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    @Evilyn_1007

Take the current wedding pack. I could have used one or 2 more male suit(tux+casual suit) and 10+ female assets(veils, tea length dress, mermaids, etc)

Anyways, I feel the same, except, I'd like the men's items that exist to have more variety. At least, it would be nice to have a few extra different styles of specific outfits for men.

I meant mermaid cut wedding dress.
    @Evilyn_1007

My mistake.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    It seems like I’m the only person who doesn’t want dragons in the game. Lots of other people on this forum seem to be obsessed with them! I don’t really get it. I never had more than the base game of Sims 1, and I never had Dragon Valley in Sims 3.
    I’m not really bothered about werewolves either.

I feel like the dragon thing is more of an inside joke around these parts rather than an actual request that most people want
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I like how the worlds always come with pre-made sims. I'm not that creative at making sim families and the gallery isn't that great for finding interesting sims so it's good to have them there

I really love that they are there! I don't play them unless they marry into my families, but they often do! And since I have MCCC and play generational rotation, I also LOVE what they do for the gene pool in my townies. The generated NPCs tend to all look the same but the premade Sims are unique and they sometimes pass on their features for generations. I love seeing Bjergsen grandchildren running around my game and easily recognizing them, or having Lilith Pleasant's son married to my favorite Sim.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @Evilyn_1007

My mistake.
    @Evilyn_1007 @Metior_Ice I would love more mermaid cut long dresses, I love those, as well as more mini-dresses. Except now I am wondering what CC tops are out there for Mermen. We only have one fishnet. I'm gonna go check now lol.

Unpopular Opinion: The Mermen need more fishing net tops.
    Elliandre wrote: »
    @Evilyn_1007

My mistake.
    @Evilyn_1007 @Metior_Ice I would love more mermaid cut long dresses, I love those, as well as more mini-dresses. Except now I am wondering what CC tops are out there for Mermen. We only have one fishnet. I'm gonna go check now lol.

I would also love mini dresses.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I hate building.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
    Elliandre wrote: »
    @Evilyn_1007

My mistake.

I'm not against more tops for mermen. Most of my mermen go shirtless to make them look different. There are an extremely limited number of combinations for merman outfits.

As for wedding outfits, I usually create my own based on whatever culture I can make up for different occults.

I would love it if they made some merfolk mods a part of the game. Because I play on the console, I can't use any of the mods that would make me happy with the game.

My cpu doesn't have enough space on it for sims content.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited February 2022
    Monet11 wrote: »
    I don't want body hair in my game. And werewolves are just large angry furries. Might as well put them in a car and let them sit in the driveway.

There. I have said it.

‼️‼️‼️🐺🔥🌕🆘🤬⚡️😡🤬🤬☄️💥😡👹 ☠️💀 ☠️ 👹👿👿🔥⚡️🐺‼️‼️

"You know," she said gently, her soft Southern accent lilting across the air, "I never said that I didn't want you to have body hair or werewolves or cars in your game. I said I don't want them in my game. I imagine that body hair will be in a patch, and I just won't use it. And when werewolves come about, I won't buy the pack. Or I'll buy the pack and not use the werewolves. I already do that with the vampires. If cars come, I will just ignore them too. I am totally against nerfing aspects of the game so no worries about me pitching a fit over it."

She sighed long, and continued, "This is Sims 4. Their whole sales strategy has evolved into this game being a safe, non-threatening space for everyone in the whole wide world. I have good reason to believe that their version of werewolves will be ... not what people who want werewolves actually want. They will probably be angry furries who run fast like Caleb Vatore. I mean, they've got to re-use that animation somehow, now don't they?"

She briefly pursed her lips, considered the emojis, and entertained a few angry thoughts. But they collapsed under the weight of time. In the end, she decided that he was probably just tired of eating potatoes.

Editing for clarity:
    The potatoes remark refers to a self-deprecating remark made by the Captain in a different thread, in which we were discussing food. This post is meant in a playful, light-hearted way and should not be taken otherwise.
    Post edited by Monet11 on
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Some people post very long comments in a thread. Which is fine. But others will quote the entire thing and just say "totally agree!" Instead of just tagging "@.simmer, I totally agree!" Or they reply to one point in a list of like 15 diff things.

I hate reading through pages of a thread when half the comments are just quotes of a very long comment. Like just edit out the extra parts or tag them 😭

Totally agree!

😏😉
    Some people post very long comments in a thread. Which is fine. But others will quote the entire thing and just say "totally agree!" Instead of just tagging "@.simmer, I totally agree!" Or they reply to one point in a list of like 15 diff things.

I hate reading through pages of a thread when half the comments are just quotes of a very long comment. Like just edit out the extra parts or tag them 😭

Yup.. Or when someone quotes a post with tons of pictures and then it posts them all again. It's easy to unintentionally do though so I usually try to put pictures in quotes when I post them so they don't get duplicated if someone quotes it
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Again the spoiler function is a tool for a reason. It would allow people to quote a text wall whilst not clogging the thread with 900 copies of said wall. For those who would reply to me negatively please take a moment to note the phrase BBCode is blue linked below the reply box, it will teach how to use said code to operate the spoiler function. ;)
    COkE46M.jpg
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    @Pamtastic72 thanks for posting that I actually didn't notice it was a link! I'll give it a quick read through and hopefully my next post here will be formatted nicely. B)

• Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member

I don't want the Sims game age rating to ever be changed to 18+ or have 18+ content. I might have got the wrong impression here, but whenever I see something marked '18+' it seems to mean content full of: extreme gore (don't want to watch this), horrifically distressing violence/crimes (don't want to watch this either), graphic images of woohoo (am ace orientated and slightly woohoo-repulsed and watching this sort of content does nothing for me whatsoever), or all three combined. Aren't there enough games out there already containing this?

I also don't believe that the Sims can ever be 100% realistic because 'real life' is a different and unique experience for every individual person on the planet (we're talking millions of people here), therefore it surely is not possible to make the gameplay simulate real life for every single player (and if it was the amount of computer memory involved would probably make it unplayable for most). To quote the Matrix films "What is real? How would you define real?"

To me the sims is a break from reality (it's actually healthy to have those now and again to give you a chance to see things with a refreshed mind), an opportunity to get creative and have a laugh. I really don't want to see these aspects of the game go away for the sake of more 'realistic' gameplay.

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I don't want the Sims game age rating to ever be changed to 18+ or have 18+ content. I might have got the wrong impression here, but whenever I see something marked '18+' it seems to mean content full of: extreme gore (don't want to watch this), horrifically distressing violence/crimes (don't want to watch this either), graphic images of woohoo (am ace orientated and slightly woohoo-repulsed and watching this sort of content does nothing for me whatsoever), or all three combined. Aren't there enough games out there already containing this?

I also don't believe that the Sims can ever be 100% realistic because 'real life' is a different and unique experience for every individual person on the planet (we're talking millions of people here), therefore it surely is not possible to make the gameplay simulate real life for every single player (and if it was the amount of computer memory involved would probably make it unplayable for most). To quote the Matrix films "What is real? How would you define real?"

To me the sims is a break from reality (it's actually healthy to have those now and again to give you a chance to see things with a refreshed mind), an opportunity to get creative and have a laugh. I really don't want to see these aspects of the game go away for the sake of more 'realistic' gameplay.
    @WhatCobblers
    I think when people are saying 18+ here, I think they are thinking more of an ESRB "M" rating, which is for 17 year old's, so means just geared to an older teenager as opposed to a younger 13 year old. I don't think anyone wants like an extreme horror version of Sims 4 with terrifying crime and lots of gore or anything so explicit, although maybe I'm wrong lol.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

I agree. I do think some people would want some very adult or pretty violent things in game, which is why there are mods for it. That's not something I want in the game..theres enough edgy/adult/racy things in the world and in the video game industry. Its ok when sims have things tongue-in-cheek but id like to leave it at that.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

I agree. I do think some people would want some very adult or pretty violent things in game, which is why there are mods for it. That's not something I want in the game..theres enough edgy/adult/racy things in the world and in the video game industry. Its ok when sims have things tongue-in-cheek but id like to leave it at that.

I think tongue-in-cheek is what most people who play the sims 4 want, I know it's what I want. There are certain restricted adult mods that I've used in the past, but I certainly wouldn't want them to be part of the base game, hell no, that's just too extreme. But just more animations that give off the feeling that sims are more intimate, more feeling. I want my married sims to feel like they're married and in love with each other, as is, it's fine if they were at the start of their relationship, but not for people who have in theory been in a relationship for a long time, even if they're straight out of CaS. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    I don't like how with every pack now all there is is a positive and negative thread, sometimes I have things to comment that are just neutral and aren't "this is the worst thing ever!" or "this is the best thing ever!"
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I don't like how with every pack now all there is is a positive and negative thread, sometimes I have things to comment that are just neutral and aren't "this is the worst thing ever!" or "this is the best thing ever!"

There was neutral threads going for a while. You can start it up again XD
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top