Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    Both of the “What happened in your game today” threads are exactly the same. The non serial version was turned into a serial version. I really wish a “one off/look at this/my sims did a thing” thread could stay on track.

I’d really like a stuff pack dedicated to elders. Canes, walkers, modest casual clothing, a new rocking chair, the ability to tell “back in my day” stories, etc.

I like kits and I want more. I’d love a party decor kit with balloons, streamers, baby shower decor, etc.

Occult sims are overrated. And I say that as a lover of all things supernatural and fantasy.

I would like more pets such as horses, reptiles, birds and even tarantulas.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I find some skin overlays extremely jarring. They make the sims clash with the overall cartoony style of the game.

Other overlays make sims look as smooth as butter. Their faces have no distinguishing features or shadow. Plus it's even harder to tell the age of a sim teen+. You've got elders looking like young adults with grey hair.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Both of the “What happened in your game today” threads are exactly the same. The non serial version was turned into a serial version. I really wish a “one off/look at this/my sims did a thing” thread could stay on track.

I made this observation a few weeks back. I often want to post a little gameplay tidbit but don't because I feel a little guilty about not keeping up with everyone's stories and characters. What I do now is add a pic and post in one of the screenshot threads. Maybe it's time for a new gameplay thread.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 I posted maybe once or twice then it became identical to the other thread and I was over it. I’d love a simple “hey look at/listen to what happened” thread that does not chronicle every detail of gameplay in one’s legacy/story or include excessive spoilers and pictures (like 5+). It’s definitely time for a new gameplay thread.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    @UniqueKhaos and @simgirl1010 You are both right, The non serial what happened in my game thread was absolutely supposed to be a snippet or a quick share kind of thread and not a chronicle/story recap. I have an idea but I need to look at something first to see if it will work.
  • Options
    Catzilla wrote: »
    @UniqueKhaos and @simgirl1010 You are both right, The non serial what happened in my game thread was absolutely supposed to be a snippet or a quick share kind of thread and not a chronicle/story recap. I have an idea but I need to look at something first to see if it will work.

@Catzilla I started a new thread. PM me if you have a different idea.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997887/ts4-game-play-thread#latest
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    @simgirl1010 I PM'd you.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

*snips quote in order to avoid duplicating entirely unnecessary text*
    Monet11 wrote: »

She briefly pursed her lips, considered the emojis, and entertained a few angry thoughts. But they collapsed under the weight of time. In the end, she decided that he was probably just tired of eating potatoes.

Editing for clarity:
    The potatoes remark refers to a self-deprecating remark made by the Captain in a different thread, in which we were discussing food. This post is meant in a playful, light-hearted way and should not be taken otherwise.

Unpopular opinion: Due to my strict potato diet it is beyond my ability to understand why people would ridicule other people’s potato habits.

*uses spoiler in order to avoid unnecessary long loading times for folks dealing with snail paced intranet conditions*

36811494-F61-E-4533-B96-B-4-FBB4-C6-B6-C95.gif
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited February 2022
    My unpopular opinion of the day is that there is nothing wrong with My Wedding Stories, except for a clipping issue during the spouse kiss.

Everything else is not a problem of the pack, but of the game itself. Sims always took their sweet time to respond to "go here together", so naturally they also respond sluggishly to "Gather for bouquet toss" and "Gather for cake cutting". First they need to finish whatever they are doing and then go through up to three idle animations.
    Routefinding and seat choosing are an issue for a long time now, major lag for me started with Discover University already, resetting of sims (mostly in the detective career or anything where one sim uses a computer while another initiates a conversation on them) started with the introduction of Idle Chat (don't remember when, was it also DU?). Failure to spin into situation outfits isn't new, either. My nudist beach has this problem, but also sometimes parties and festivals.

It baffles me why the team chose to release a pack that builds on the most buggy, glitchy feature, their multitasking/routing. They should have been aware that this would only highlight the problem even further. Pools parties and -games would have been a safer bet, except for the indoor pools freezing in winter I cannot think of any pool related issues.
  • Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    My unpopular opinion: Batuu is great! I spent many hours completing missions for first order, that guy in a bar and rebels and I really enjoyed it. It was worth buying this DLC :D
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Diassa wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion: Batuu is great! I spent many hours completing missions for first order, that guy in a bar and rebels and I really enjoyed it. It was worth buying this DLC :D

@Diassa I love this pack too! I enjoyed the missions, the little cantina, the storylines with the three factions, and also the music is really good. I love building the robots and having a light sabre to give to the Sim. :smile:
  • Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Diassa wrote: »

@Diassa I love this pack too! I enjoyed the missions, the little cantina, the storylines with the three factions, and also the music is really good. I love building the robots and having a light sabre to give to the Sim. :smile:

Oh my God, I feel the same! Missions are fun, that robot in cantina has wonderful tracks, I love to hear them. Factions are great and I love doing missions for them :)
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    We should have the ability to add candles to the new wedding cakes. I know they’re wedding cakes but some of the designs would make cute birthday/holiday cakes. One of the rainbow cakes with the rainbow topper I would love as a birthday cake for my cheerful child sim that adores rainbows.
  • Options
    ThatFlutterGuyThatFlutterGuy Posts: 19 Member
    I thought the future pack in sims 3 was great and want one for the sims 4
  • Options
    Also another one I think the children are weird looking and they all kind of weirdly look similar
  • Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    @ThatFlutterGuy

I agree, but what on Earth does that have to do with S4? 🤔

OH! Wait, so you meant in S4 and not just IRL.

Ah, gotcha.

• Options
    > @OutlawWoman said:
    > @ThatFlutterGuy
    >
    Omg that’s so embarrassing 😳😰 yeah in S4, sorry I don’t know how to edit a post but yeah I feel like their faces could resemble what they look like more in the future
  • Options
    sushicrowsushicrow Posts: 15 Member
    I love the trait "bro". I think it's hilairous and stupid. I give it to many of my sims.
  • Options
    HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2022
    I miss sims 3 open worlds and autonomous story progression, burglars and home phones .
    Also wish sims had more realistic worlds like assassin‘s Creed.
  • Options
    The lots in Tartosa are too big. :p I prefer 20x20 and 30x20 lots.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    The lots in Tartosa are too big. :p I prefer 20x20 and 30x20 lots.

I'm a family player so the bigger lots are good for family homes. Though I have turned one Tartosa home into a kind of honeymoon lot ;)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I really love the beautiful Tartosa world. <3
  • Options
    sinnyoncesinnyonce Posts: 88 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    It seems like I’m the only person who doesn’t want dragons in the game. Lots of other people on this forum seem to be obsessed with them! I don’t really get it. I never had more than the base game of Sims 1, and I never had Dragon Valley in Sims 3.
    I’m not really bothered about werewolves either.

I feel like the dragon thing is more of an inside joke around these parts rather than an actual request that most people want

That joke is getting pretty annoying. Every time I'm browsing a thread, someone makes a comment about dragons even when it's not relevant to the topic.
    And yes, this is my unpopular opinion.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited March 2022
    I like Sims doing toilet pranks. Yes, I'm weird that way. :D
    It's funny and also my Sims can gain handiness skill after someone's pranked their toilet. Sometimes it takes a long time to get their handiness skill up because even the worst appliances don't break that often and I don't always want to use the woodworking table to raise the skill.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I like small homes. Well decorated, no bigger than 20x30 homes. Anything larger drives me insane.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top