Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Thoughts Discussion: My Wedding Stories

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Been good so far I found a teen can be the maid of honor I thought they might be left out, I don't know why sometimes things are missing that I can't figure out so yeah. You can serve tea, that is pick up a cup and take it to your preferred sim which is cute I picture someone grabbing Grandma's tea while she's preparing to knit or something. I was going to leave it running but got hungry, it's way too pretty.
    PHPT11Q.png
    Here is a pic I used already cause it's darling.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

For me, everything went very smoothly (after I determined which mods were causing issues for me, there were 2) as I played them through a bunch of the pre-wedding events. They went so smoothly that I just had to go back to my normal save, so I did never get around to the actual wedding in that game. But literally everything else worked absolutely fine.

Back in my normal save, I went in and finished up a wedding venue that I had nearly-complete and just waiting for items from the pack. Swapped out the wedding venue in Tortosa with one I had waiting for the pack, and then started playing. I have no Sims in my normal save ready to get married, but I did do a vow renewal ceremony, and everything worked fine for me.

I am using Carl's mod for wedding fixes and all (except 2) of my normal-mods, which as a whole tend to make everything in the game flow more smoothly. But for me at least, the pack is a definite win. I didn't have a single disappointing or frustrating occurrence over 9 hours of playing other than the 2 issues caused by mods which I had to remove.

Great Pack, I'm a satisfied customer.

Glad to know Carl's fixes are working! This encourages me a little. I still plan to wait and see if the developers step up with more fixes.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I went ahead with my Actor sims vow renewal. Started out good but the paparazzi arrived and then all the fans so it kind of went downhill from there. did have an option to remove them from wedding but they just kept coming. LOL We really need an option to lock fan and paparazzi's from events. I don't use mods and prefer not to. However eventually they got their vows over with and a dance even though the actual invited guests left. I still had fun but was still shaky.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Bluegayle, I cannot remember if you use mods or not, but if you do, LittleMsSam's has a mod that can be used to block both paparazzi and fans from being allowed on lots. It's a lot trait. I use it pretty regularly in my game when having events on public lots. It's my way of simulating that there should be security guards and a guest list. :lol:

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175412863403/gender-more-custom-lot-trait-this-mod-adds-a
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Thanks @Stormkeep I just may have to give in a get me that one. I kept them away from my Sims home lot but forgot about what would happen when they left it. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    edited February 2022
    @Stormkeep
    Glad to hear everything is running smoothly for you. Is MCCC one of the mods you currently have? Wanted to know if it interfered with the pack.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    So...after playing all day, I can say I'm pleased with the pack. I first started with just a new game creation where I played Daphne and Fred at the start of one of the new challenges which starts them as engaged and has a goal to woohoo while on vacation. I moved them into the small private island lot in the new world and immediately began doing the wedding planning. I made friends with the welcome wagon when they showed up as well, so I'd have people to invite to the wedding events.

For me, everything went very smoothly (after I determined which mods were causing issues for me, there were 2) as I played them through a bunch of the pre-wedding events. They went so smoothly that I just had to go back to my normal save, so I did never get around to the actual wedding in that game. But literally everything else worked absolutely fine.

Back in my normal save, I went in and finished up a wedding venue that I had nearly-complete and just waiting for items from the pack. Swapped out the wedding venue in Tortosa with one I had waiting for the pack, and then started playing. I have no Sims in my normal save ready to get married, but I did do a vow renewal ceremony, and everything worked fine for me.

I am using Carl's mod for wedding fixes and all (except 2) of my normal-mods, which as a whole tend to make everything in the game flow more smoothly. But for me at least, the pack is a definite win. I didn't have a single disappointing or frustrating occurrence over 9 hours of playing other than the 2 issues caused by mods which I had to remove.

Great Pack, I'm a satisfied customer.

My most negative takeaway from the day is: "Jeezus, that new tea set brews expensive tea leaves compared to the electric brewer."

Do you mind saying which two mods gave you issues? Something in my game is messing up my simself being able to plan wedding events while it works perfectly fine for her fiance.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Do you mind saying which two mods gave you issues? Something in my game is messing up my simself being able to plan wedding events while it works perfectly fine for her fiance.

I was having lag issues, and removing the UI Cheat Extensions mod resolved it. And I was unable to have a sim wash dishes. Empty plates and cups had no pie menu options at all when I clicked them. I had to remove a mod that removed autonomous dishwashing to resolve that.

That's it for my issues after installing the pack.

For your 'issue' I'm pretty sure that's working as intended and that only one of the Sims in an engaged couple actively does the wedding planning. I've seen others say that is the case and perhaps which one depends on which sim proposed and which accepted the proposal.
    I haven't gotten to play around with that aspect of the pack enough times to be sure, only did one wedding-plan so far and I was using the same sim for all of the planning without even thinking of trying with the other one.
  • Options
    @Stormkeep
    Glad to hear everything is running smoothly for you. Is MCCC one of the mods you currently have? Wanted to know if it interfered with the pack.

Yep, MCCC is one of the mods I use. No issues at all related to it, at least none that I experienced.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I bought the pack yesterday but couldn’t play till this morning. I love Tartosa. It’s really gorgeous and I can’t wait to explore it all!

The furniture is lovely and I do like the pastel wallpaper included.

My favourites are the Marcovich family and I love thier house. 😊

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Those bottles looks so pretty! I would like to decorate with them.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    Wonder if they can be sold? Retail or sales table. 🤔
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Wonder if they can be sold? Retail or sales table. 🤔

The article says they cost 0 simoleons, so re-selling them will not bring in any money.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I really like the world so far. This is one of the best game pack worlds we got so far. The porto luninoso neighboorhood is full of stuff to do. I counted 10 different things you can do there. Compare this to Shady acres from Strangerville that only has 1 fishing spot. The neighboorhoods frel very large as well. Playing in PL feels like living in a village.
    I like the CAS and BB. The CAS is very versatile. Most of the stuff can be used as formal outfits.
    The gameplay is bit buggy without carls mod. I really mind the fact that sims dont change into their formal outfits. I hope that gets fixed soon because they did in base game.
    I do like the gameplay though. There is definitely more to weddings than before. The thing is I dont play with weddings all that much so its not of great use to me.
  • Options
    SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    It’s been working great for me. No lag. Everything I’ve tried to do has worked. I haven’t thrown a wedding yet but I will soon. I’m trying it on the couple they did the livestream with first before my actual sims get married
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    The article says they cost 0 simoleons, so re-selling them will not bring in any money.

Some things with a game-assigned value of 0 still can be sold at a retail location and bring in some money, albeit a very small amount. I imagine the same is true for the sales table.
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited February 2022

I was having lag issues, and removing the UI Cheat Extensions mod resolved it. And I was unable to have a sim wash dishes. Empty plates and cups had no pie menu options at all when I clicked them. I had to remove a mod that removed autonomous dishwashing to resolve that.

That's it for my issues after installing the pack.

For your 'issue' I'm pretty sure that's working as intended and that only one of the Sims in an engaged couple actively does the wedding planning. I've seen others say that is the case and perhaps which one depends on which sim proposed and which accepted the proposal.
    I haven't gotten to play around with that aspect of the pack enough times to be sure, only did one wedding-plan so far and I was using the same sim for all of the planning without even thinking of trying with the other one.

It is strange how each pc can have various results with the same game. I am using UI cheats with no lag. It can be software-related, a combination of mods, or just plain bad luck with that one mod you really want to use. I hope UI cheats gets an update and your game runs smooth as butter. I am sure I will have an issue next patch since this time went things without frustration.

I was up until 2 am exploring the world with my gals. I currently have them making candles and selling them in the square with the hope of making enough money to buy a bakery. ( I have to sit on my hands so i do not use the motherlode cheat ... :# )

• Options
    edited February 2022
    @Stormkeep ,UI Cheats not working is a deal breaker for me. I also have a mod that turns off certain sinks for dishwashing, and consider it essential. So I will definitely wait until those are all clear.

I do love many things about this pack, and I hope soon I will be able to combine EA fixes plus mod fixes and enhancements so that I feel I can safely buy it.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Not sureots a pc thing entirely almost the whole run I have seen people complain about things I havent seen. I havent seen anyone mention my biggest bug with outdoor retreat much which was fixed it seems. It mad houses disappear. For this game so far haven't found anything majorly wrong with it yet.

Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »
    @Stormkeep ,UI Cheats not working is a deal breaker for me. I also have a mod that turns off certain sinks for dishwashing, and consider it essential. So I will definitely wait until those are all clear.

I do love many things about this pack, and I hope soon I will be able to combine EA fixes plus mod fixes and enhancements so that I feel I can safely buy it.

The mod works, I just had some minor lag. Noticeable, but minor. I also don't know for sure the mod was the problem even, only that the lag went away when I removed it. I also had forgotten to clear my localthumbnail cache file until after I pulled it out, so that may be what resolved it for me.
    I'm going to try putting the mod back in today to see if the lag is still gone.
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »

The mod works, I just had some minor lag. Noticeable, but minor. I also don't know for sure the mod was the problem even, only that the lag went away when I removed it. I also had forgotten to clear my localthumbnail cache file until after I pulled it out, so that may be what resolved it for me.
    I'm going to try putting the mod back in today to see if the lag is still gone.

Definitely let us know if that resolves it. Maybe try a test with just UI Cheats?
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited February 2022
    Gah Elden Ring releases today. Hmmm, I may attempt a full-blown wedding later. Does anyone want to take bets on which game (Sims 4 /Elden Ring) makes me throw my pc out the window ???

I can see me now "Gah this wedding it frustrating me, I need to find a game to relax"....starts Elden Ring :D
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    I need to move some of my existing households to Tartosa. My test couple only know the two new families. Not enough for wedding guests and wedding participants.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top