Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Thoughts Discussion: My Wedding Stories

Comments

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,786 Member
    edited February 2022
    @Evilyn_1007 You are correct. I went back and looked at his skills to check. While I've been playing with his brother whose the farmer, Denton must of developed the mixology level on his own somewhere since he doesn't have a bar in his house. His mixology level is at 5 and when I took it back down to 1 the punch option was not there.

So many tidbits to discover and I really don't think I've even scratched the surface. Cross pack gameplay is pretty awesome. When he poured that blue punch, I thought to myself--when did they put this in the game. Having both colors is a nice touch; now I'm wondering if there are more colors.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    say what you want about the parties at least there a little different they tried something it didn't go over well but at least they tried.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    say what you want about the parties at least there a little different they tried something it didn't go over well but at least they tried.

Oh my goodness; I totally agree. There is something added to each that makes them a little different. When you couple the party with a holiday on the calendar, it enhances the celebration. I'm looking forwarding to trying all the new events to see what they've added to each.

Right now we have...
    1. Keg Party - Having the keg there is what makes this different. Sims will do keg interactions own their own.
    2. Toddler Play Date - When I have a toddler in the household, I hold this event at my toddler play center.
    3. Birthday Party - Designed to have a cake and age up your Sim.
    4. Black and White Bash - Sims come dressed in black and white attire.
    5. Mountain Climb Excursion - I still haven't made it to the top; yet, one day.
    6. Charity Benefit Party - Haven't tried this one yet.
    7. Wedding - You don't see anyone cutting the cake when the one Sim does cut it. Yet, they do feed each other a bite of cake.
    8. Incognito Costume Party - Sims dress in a costume. Hoping they add a costume category to CAS one day.
    9. Dinner Party - Sims come over expecting to have a fabulous dinner.
    10. Dance Party - Time for Sims to shake things up at the club.
    11. House Party - I schedule these all the time. Happy the new pack is adding the Family Event as this will be my new go to.
    12. Weenie Roast - Going out to roast smores is always a blast.

Yes, I like having parties and events.
    Dance_Club.jpg
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,456 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    This is the first time I've even seen the blue drink come from the fountain. By mere chance I stumbled upon this and I don't even know why this particular Sim has this option and others do not. Perhaps it is job related. Denton's occupation is in the Tech field and he's currently an Independent Consultant. The blue drink comes from the option to pour Futuristic Punch.

Fountain.jpg

Fountain-2.jpg

@Bluegayle and @Elliandre and to anyone else who likes the layout .....Thank you. :)

I believe you have to be a certain skill with mixology to get that color. That's the way it was on the Stuffpack Fountain.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I never put high-chairs in my wedding builds although I use them all the time when I’m playing. I like the idea of having the high-chair at the wedding venue. I think I’ll go with this design for the eating area.

Toddlers-in-high-chair-at-wedding.jpg

Having the punch fountain is better than the bar because everyone enjoys getting and having punch.
    Final-Set-up.jpg

You could give the toddlers their own table, a low coffee table with a couple of toys and some poufs for seating. What is the blue drink in the fountain?

@crocobaura I like your idea. I think I will keep the white mushroom seats but give them their own little table around it. I'm going to bake the Cupcake Wedding Cake and put it on their table so they have their own special cake.
    EmmaVane displayed the wedding cakes in her Q&A: My Wedding Stories thread
    U9Hs1TZ.png

I will be baking every kind of cake for different parties/events I plan to have. It is amazing how many different choices and shapes we have that are coming with this pack.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,456 Member
    edited February 2022
    Here is another positive no one has mentioned. The bouquets can be given as gifts.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,449 Member
    Here is another positive no one has mentioned. The bouquets can be given as gifts.

I hope they count for the give flower tradition. They are so pretty.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited February 2022

That's a lovely idea! I wonder how the Sims will respond to getting them as gifts? It would be fun to have flowers delivered through the post, like Interflora too.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    It will be so nice to have these bouquets of flowers in the game. I think they can also be placed in a vase and set on a table. They are so pretty. I really hope they count as flower gifts on holidays too. It would be awesome if we could send gifts in the mail to other Sims one day. It would nice for the Sims to open their mailbox and get some flowers, or some donated furniture from their parents lol.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,208 Member
    I'm still excited over this pack. However one thing I am curious about. Almost every video I have seen they are asking the bride or couple to walk up the aisle? We have always referred to it as walking down? As the father walked the bride 'down' the aisle.

I guess I will have to wait until I have the pack but was curious if anyone had seen a Lets Play that shows them using the down option first instead?
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I'm still excited over this pack. However one thing I am curious about. Almost every video I have seen they are asking the bride or couple to walk up the aisle? We have always referred to it as walking down? As the father walked the bride 'down' the aisle.

I guess I will have to wait until I have the pack but was curious if anyone had seen a Lets Play that shows them using the down option first instead?

They showed us in the EA/Maxis livestream that you can walk both up and down the aisle, and which direction is up and which is down depends on how you placed the aisle in the first place. I agree though, where I'm from when you are headed to the officiant, it's called walking down the aisle. I want to have a father walk his daughter down the aisle, so I hope it works properly to orient it that way.

I haven't watched any let's play where they did that, but other than the official livestream I actually haven't watched any where they even used the aisle for the ceremony. They have talked about it, but not selected it when setting up the wedding.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,208 Member
    Thanks @Stormkeep I have seen a couple and they have chosen up and it never worked so I was curious. LOL
    Getting a little impatient to try it out for myself. I mean for my sims that is. :D

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Thanks for posting the line dance and the pie menu for the new any interactions, @simgirl1010 .

So I see I'll have to tweak my congratulatemore mod after this is released (and I got it).

Are there any new animations on the new interactions?

There's a jump and spin move (seen in trailer) and a side-stepping move. There's also new hand movements.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Bluegayle wrote: »

They showed us in the EA/Maxis livestream that you can walk both up and down the aisle, and which direction is up and which is down depends on how you placed the aisle in the first place. I agree though, where I'm from when you are headed to the officiant, it's called walking down the aisle. I want to have a father walk his daughter down the aisle, so I hope it works properly to orient it that way.

I haven't watched any let's play where they did that, but other than the official livestream I actually haven't watched any where they even used the aisle for the ceremony. They have talked about it, but not selected it when setting up the wedding.

I have wondered how many “bugs” are in fact user error based in unfamiliarity with the pack mechanics. I also wonder if some are caused by selecting like all of the traditions for one event. I mean I know they made it so you can, but should you? I keep wondering if things would go more smoothly if a player divided them up between different events instead of trying to do everything at the actual ceremony. Since it’s reported this replaces base game weddings I really want it to work. I don’t mind minor bugs but some of the things on the videos are concerning. I totally agree with whoever posted that just the world, cake selection, bb, cas, and bouquets make it worth the price.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Does anyone know if there's Honeymoon gameplay included in the pack? :) I couldn't find anything about it, but it was mentioned in the blogpost. The same goes for wedding photos.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,064 Member
    edited February 2022
    Does anyone know if there's Honeymoon gameplay included in the pack? :) I couldn't find anything about it, but it was mentioned in the blogpost. The same goes for wedding photos.

From the blog:
    You and your partner’s celebration doesn’t stop after the reception. You’ll have a lifetime together to memorialize your matrimony, starting with the photos you captured and vacations you planned. Whether you stay in Tartosa or travel to another far-off world, you’ll be able to enjoy your new life with an intimate vacation for two.

There are no new honeymoon or wedding photo features. Just what is already available in game.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member

From the blog:
    You and your partner’s celebration doesn’t stop after the reception. You’ll have a lifetime together to memorialize your matrimony, starting with the photos you captured and vacations you planned. Whether you stay in Tartosa or travel to another far-off world, you’ll be able to enjoy your new life with an intimate vacation for two.

There are no new honeymoon or wedding photo features. Just what is already available in game.

Ah, I see. I thought that text was alluding to new gameplay. Thank you!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,064 Member
    @EliasVersace I think a lot of people thought that also. :) Including myself.
  • Options

From the blog:

I'm happy they did not add honeymoons to this game pack because I'm still holding out hope that they add a resort pack where Sims can actually have an option to go on a honeymoon and select a honeymoon suite. They can call it something different as long as Simmers who want to go on an actual honeymoon can.

More than likely, this is where @catloverplayer will get some type of heart shaped wedding bed. Plus, we would need a new lot type added (perhaps a resort lot) because I really want this to be in a residential world.

Perhaps we'd get some different and unique looking beds.
    Beds.jpg
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I really need to see a video of the line dancing.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,421 Member

I have wondered how many “bugs” are in fact user error based in unfamiliarity with the pack mechanics. I also wonder if some are caused by selecting like all of the traditions for one event. I mean I know they made it so you can, but should you? I keep wondering if things would go more smoothly if a player divided them up between different events instead of trying to do everything at the actual ceremony. Since it’s reported this replaces base game weddings I really want it to work. I don’t mind minor bugs but some of the things on the videos are concerning. I totally agree with whoever posted that just the world, cake selection, bb, cas, and bouquets make it worth the price.

I'm starting to agree with you. I feel like if people split up the wedding and reception as two different events, there might be less bugs. Or at least that is my hope.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I fully expect bugs to still be there even after the "big patch" on release day.

I'm also still buying it the second Origin lets me and looking forward to playing with the new content, bugs and all. I almost feel guilty because that makes me complicit in making EA/Maxis feel like it is 'okay' to release things in that condition, but you know...I don't.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,421 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I fully expect bugs to still be there even after the "big patch" on release day.

I'm also still buying it the second Origin lets me and looking forward to playing with the new content, bugs and all. I almost feel guilty because that makes me complicit in making EA/Maxis feel like it is 'okay' to release things in that condition, but you know...I don't.

My husband and I have a bet going right now on how long I can hold out. He knows how excited I was when this GP was announced and how gutted I was when I saw all the problems it was having. He says he doesn't think I'll make it to the first sale, so I'm trying to hold out... At least until this weekend, haha. My simself needs to get married and I keep hemming and hawing over if it should be now or later.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top