Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues (2020-22 version!)

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2022
    @MrsJohnston0820 - I'm having a bit of trouble understanding exactly where in the loadup sequence this failure is happening. What kind of install is this (what is the source of your TS3 game), patch level, and is it Origin controlled? Origin may be a different story if that's where the failure is, but there should never be a need to login at the Launcher or in-game levels in order to play the game unless one is planning to use its (very few) online features like gift giving/receiving to and from other players, Simporting, and installing TS3 store content, which is not the same as CC.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MrsJohnston0820MrsJohnston0820 Posts: 4 New Member
    @igazor
    So now i am trying to login to the launcher in order to redownload my CC because of the reinstall and when i put in my login information is keeps login me back out and asking for my login information again. The launcher will not let me download any CC content from TS3 website until i am logged in. it is not a Origin issue as i stayed logged in to Origin, it seems to be a Sims 3 Launcher issue, even my welcome page is not loading like it was just yesterday morning.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @MrsJohnston0820 - Okay, thanks. Now I understand. But again, store content is not CC hence some of the confusion. CC is that which is created by other players for our usage in-game, not items from EA's TS3 Store.

This is a common recurring issue with TS3 logins and has been for many years even way back when they were still producing new EPs. Try:

1 - Clearing your Internet Explorer and MS Edge caches. The Launcher and the game still use Internet Explorer assets even IE itself is widely deprecated now and no one should really be using IE as a web browser anymore. But its functions are still present in all versions of Windows.

https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=15141

2 - Changing your password, making sure that the new one is alphanumeric only (no special symbols, just uppoer/lower case letters and numbers).

Any better?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor
    my apologies, im not use to the lingo on here because ive never had a issue before so ive never really been on here. Tried everything you advised to do and it still does not work. My welcome page is now blank. I tried to download some store content and my launcher starts and it ask me for my login, i type it in, and then the box goes away but comes back seconds later asking me for my login information again.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @MrsJohnston0820 - Okay, but I think you are still heading in the right direction. To get which (new?) step I must be missing these days, perhaps a post at AHQ's TS3 tech board, where there are none of these New Member restrictions, might kick up the latest advice on getting through that.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/bd-p/the-sims-3
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor
    thank you. i figured out the problem. something i downloaded from the sims 3 store online broke my game. i had to remove the sims 3 folder and put it on my desktop and reopen sims 3 launcher to create a brand new folder and now it works.
  • Options
    @RandomTokenCode - Do you not see the difference between these two procedures?

Bulldoze journalism lot (everyone who worked there instantly loses job)
    Build new journalism lot (some sims may seek to be rehired, others will get different jobs)

vs.

Build new journalism lot (nothing happens, esp if the game clock is not running)
    Bulldoze first journalism lot (everyone's careers should shift over to the second one)

The only difference is that the second way, your new journalism lot will need to be in a different location on the map unless you want to then go through all this again to provide a third one and then bulldoze the second.

I'm afraid that I really didn't understand the Ambitions comparison or the rest of your question as I've never used Zerbu's myself and I don't really care too much about what EA's premade sims do with their careers (within reason). NRaas StoryProgression and its Careers module will guide sims into careers that are in line with their traits and LTWs, so many premades in my games to the extent that I even keep them in wind up with different careers than the ones they started with anyway. And, to take this to more of an extreme, many players get rid of all of the premade sims and populate their worlds with fresh ones so in that sense none of this is going to evolve the same way twice for them.

The tutorial for Zerbu's as it existed on our website before we moved is here, by way of the Wayback Machine. Technically we don't support the mod as it's not one of ours, but we know many of our members use it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    @igazor
    Glad to receive your response. I think I'm clear about the procedure now. I'm a new simmer for TS3 and not a native English player, so I’m sorry for my long-windedness. And I will give a try.
    Everyone has their own way of playing; I take over all sims including premade sims and my original sims ,change their outfits, personalities and life tracks based on my understanding--that is dynamic and influenced by other storytellers. TS3 is a challenge because of multiplied premade sims,so I want everyone to stay as it is and wait for my control.
    I'll keep playing and happy to share any fun or issues I encounter. Thanks for your answer again.
  • Options
    moomoosymoomoosy Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi, I am hoping someone can help. Ive already read through most threads pertaining to this issue. In short, the sims 3 wont launch at all. I just downloaded it after taking a break and it didnt even spawn a folder for it. I am assuming I have a broken code/key/registration etc based on what has worked for others to fix this issue. I have reached out to EA. Still, I was hoping someone would have some other ideas because I am an impatient person lol. I had one idea and was hoping to get an opinion on it. Is it possible to buy another copy of the game and reactivate the game through those means?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @moomoosy - Maybe we could/should start with where did you obtain your current version of the game? If it was from Origin, Steam, or an authorized by EA re-seller, then this shouldn't be happening in the first place. If legit but this was a reinstall on the same computer as prior where it worked in the past, then a Windows Registry cleanup might be required before reinstalling as remnants of the prior install may have been left behind, getting in the way.

If it was from, let's just say, questionable or less than legitimate sources, then of course it could be uninstalled, the Windows Registry cleaned (or the equivalent operation if on a Mac), and a legitimately obtained version installed instead.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor I bought a physical copy a long time ago and registered the code (i no longer have the code) when origin came out. the expansion packs may be/might be from other places that provide codes but the base game was bought in a store many moons ago. How would i go about cleaning my registry? I looked into that but the tutorial was kind of unclear.
  • Options
    @moomoosy - I usually recommend Piriform's CCleaner (the free version is fine) for registry cleaning tasks. It's not perfect, but often safer than attempting the process manually.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor hi again, i downloaded and cleaned up the pc and registry. i redownloaded the sims 3 and no luck. the folder wont spawn and its not working still. any other ideas? ill try anything.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @moomoosy - This is the same computer and operating system on which you ran the game in the past? That may have been a conclusion I landed on too soon without verifying.

To see if (or rule out) hardware and operating system issues getting in the way, can we see a full dxdiag report on this system?

How to run one: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information
    What to do with it: Send it up to pastebin.com (free version, no account required) and provide a link, broken up with a few spaces and things like https(dot)\\pastebin .com\(some codes) because of New Member status so we can read it.

Alternative: Post the same question on EA's AHQ TS3 board so the players and volunteers can assist, maybe reference this discussion by way of a link, but they will ask you for the same dxdiag report sooner or later (probably sooner).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor this is the same computer but i did do a hard reset. I erased all of my files and started anew because my computer was dying on me. its faster than ever but maybe that messed something up? here is the file though https:(//)paste()bin.com/(gd7wjC5u) remove the parentheses
  • Options
    @moomoosy - Two things to try.

1 - Ensure that .NET 3.5 is activated. It is there but not necessarily activated by default on Win 10 and your reset may have undone this. Do a local search on Control Panel then View as (small or large) Icons > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On or Off. .NET 3.5 should be listed near or at the top and be checked as a filled in rectangle (not blank); it doesn't matter if the two sub-entries under it are checked. You will also see .NET 4.8 or something but the game doersn't use that. The two versions can co-exist peacefully. You will need to reboot after making any changes here, and it may take your system a long time (minutes, not hours) to come back up.

2 - You may have lost the parts of DirectX 9 that the game require to run or they may no longer be in the expected places. Win 10 now ships with DirectX 12, which again is fine as the two versions can co-exist, but the game doesn't use the higher version.

You can download and run the DirectX 9 installer directly from Microsoft. There is no need to uninstall anything first.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 This can be a little fussy, though. Many users find they need to first create a new folder (just about anywhere, the Desktop should be fine), download the installer and all of its content to that new folder, then look for the file called DXSETUP.exe among all the others. Double-clicking that will actually run the install. Then delete the folder and its contents as it would no longer be needed.

Does the game then launch? If not, then we would have to look at any security/anti-virus systems that came pre-installed on it to see if they are getting in the way.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor i got in touch with EA finally and you are not going to believe how silly the fix was -_- all I had to do was uninstall the sims 3 and origin and then reinstall origin and sims 3 and now it works....i just...for the life of me have no idea how reinstalling the exact same program i just installed a month ago fixes it but it did so sorry for bothering you and thank you for all the help. I did run the direct9 afterwards just to be safe and it fixed something in there as well so im hoping that keeps this from happening again. again thank you.
  • Options
    LibbyWatersLibbyWaters Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi, I was wondering about the 'Delete Sim' aspect that EA has in there. Before I knew it caused corruption, I did it quite a bit with townies I didn't care about on this one particular world. After I found out about the issues it causes, I stopped doing that but continued on with the world. I later installed Error Trap/Overwatch/MasterController et cetera. I haven't seen any signs of corruption in my game so far, despite 5-10 sim weeks passing. I was wondering, would the nraas mods have cleaned any potential errors/corruption up that I caused with Delete Sim, is it too late for that, or did I just get very lucky?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @LibbyWaters - That would really be impossible to determine, but since you have gone that many sim weeks presumably without major issues or barrages of ErrorTrap logged errors that won't resolve themselves, that's a pretty good sign.

I always keep a Plan B (and Plan C) escape route in mind should any of my long-term worlds become so clogged up with junk and errors that they can no longer be played forward. Although tempted to use it a couple of times, I've never had to do more than revert gameplay to a prior save to correct something more or less obvious that revealed itself. But since you are already an NRaas mod user, the escape routes can include Traveler (move a household to a new world within the same game and then send for some others from the original homeworld to continue active gameplay) and Porter (gather up a set of the local population and plop them down in a new to them world all at once, thus abandoning the original world entirely). But as it's turned out, the only times I've abandoned any worlds in my long-running game are when I've just become bored with them and enough generations have passed with active gameplay elsewhere within the save that no one is really related to or knows anyone left behind there. Other players using similar strategies and NRaas mods have reported similar things over the years.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    IDC543IDC543 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I'm still a new memeber to the Sims 3 fourms, so I don't know how to post my own fourm yet, so I thought I'd add a comment here (If there is a better place to post this, do let me know). I have an update for anyone who might be needing an update on this situation, but I have been noticing a common problem that never seemed to be solved and I think I solved it and wanted to let others know in case they're having the same issue. I tried buying a Sims 3 Store World through the Sims 3 Community Store and through Origin (when I bought it through the Sims 3 Community Store, it sent me to Origin to buy it and then I used the code from Origin in the Sims 3 Community Redeem A Code and then I have the option to download straight to the laucnher from there) but I couldn't figure out how to download it. I kept getting errors. I tried to reach out to EA help twice, got no solutions, so I tried looking more into it on my own once again. I found out, it was because my game wasn't updated. Since I don't have my Sims 3 installed straight to my Origin Library, it's a bit harder to update since the Sims 3 Launcher always believed it was updated, even when it wasn't and there wasn't an option to update it. I found out that if I search for the latest update for the Sims 3 on Google and search for the download, it helped a ton. Since I have my Sims 3 installed straight to my laptop, I don't need to connect to Origin in order to play the game, but that does mean I have to manually update the game if there's any updates that are needed and the launcher won't be able to tell me when I do need updates so I would need to check online to see if my game is updated to the latest update. But, once I downloaded the latest update, I was finally able to install my Sims 3 Store World that I bought. So, if anyone is still having the same problem, because I noticed at least a few years ago and more that a lot of Simmers were having the issue but almost none if any got solved. I don't know if it was a problem with Origin or the Launcher with or without Origin for others, but you would need an Origin account, which I'm sure most people have if they play Sims today, but you don't have to download the Sims 3 straight through Origin, nor do you even need it downloaded. You just have to update the game manually through a download link on Google, a trusted link and it should update and the problems with downloading Sims 3 Store Content should be fixed.
  • Options
    @igazor
    Okay, awesome, good to know, thanks.
    I've heard of Traveler. When you say 'send for some others from the original world', does that mean I could take my all of my relatives with me if I moved my active family to a different world? And is moving a permanent thing, or could I go back to the original world?
  • Options
    @LibbyWaters - The Traveler mod unlocks vacation travel to any world that the player has installed. While there, although usually this would be part of the player's original plan, its Change Homeworld command can be invoked after a specific set of other actions thus shifting active gameplay to the destination world and making the active vacationing household permanent residents of it. The world left behind remains connected, can be traveled back to for vacations or even further Change Homeworlds, the connections with its residents remain intact, and others can be brought into the new homeworld permanently. I have around 16 such connected worlds in my one ongoing game and it all still works brilliantly.

The procedures and most of what the mod can do are outlined here, especially the parts that follow the Switch Homeworlds section around halfway down. This is one of those mods that helped made the game come alive for me and many other players. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Hi! Thanks for the advice regarding Traveler. I tried it out on one of my families just for fun and it was working really well up until I tried the part where you add sims from the previous town into the new town by clicking on the desired house and using the add sim function through master controller. However, for some odd reason, all the marriages/romances broke the moment I brought them from the new town to the old town (except the ones in my active household). The relations between parent-child stayed intact, but it's like everyone got divorced/broke up all of a sudden and I'm a little confused. I feel like that wasn't supposed to happen. Any advice regarding that?
  • Options
    SATOXiCSATOXiC Posts: 4 New Member
    Okay so, my game kept crashing on startup. Therefore I decided to delete all the CC I downloaded this month and it fixed the issue (which didn't make sense to me because my cc was not creating any issue last night). Once I loaded my save file, my game froze for a few seconds. Then suddenly I got hundreds of error trap notifications, and it kept increasing when I unpaused my game. And my game was not functioning at all. Couldn't interact with anything and my sims kept deleting and reappearing from the family list (the thing on the bottom left, i don't know what it's called), every object from their inventory got deleted too. I'm not sure but perhaps deleting the CC caused this?
  • Options
    Leviosa1443Leviosa1443 Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi, im having multiple issues with my game on my new pc and i was hoping if someone in here could help me about them

Let me give my spec first:
    - Nvidia Asus GTX 1650
    - i3-10100F CPU
    - Windows 10 Pro
    - 16 GB Ram
    - Im playing the steam version with all EP's / No mods / Freshly installed (except there can be registry leftovers i don't know)

First issue is that my game is too dark no matter what and the color seems to be weird too like it's heavily saturated

Pics for example: https://imgur.com/a/Y0SZyIK

- I did not mess with my monitor settings and im not having this issue with other games
    - I got my GPU get recognized by the game with this mod "https://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/106" but that did not fixed the issue
    - Playing on windowed does not work for me

Second issue is while i was trying to get my GPU recognized i realized that on "DeviceConfig" that it says im using Win8 while in reality im actually using Win10

Is this normal? If not how can i fix it?

My third issue is that im getting fps drops if my "High Detail Lots" settings is higher than 1 and i was curious if someone can provide me up to date and trustable performance tutorial for it that i can use

There are plenty around i know but im not sure if they actually work or not so...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top