Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues (2020-22 version!)

Comments

• deavvedeavve Posts: 20 Member
    I have a problem with my seasons. I used code and clicked ground with shift, choose "seasons -> trees -> fast loop" and it worked, but "seasons -> trees -> stop loop" doesn't work and my trees won't stop changing now :/
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    deavve wrote: »
    I have a problem with my seasons. I used code and clicked ground with shift, choose "seasons -> trees -> fast loop" and it worked, but "seasons -> trees -> stop loop" doesn't work and my trees won't stop changing now :/
    Responded belatedly on OP's new thread over here.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • pjrpepsi16pjrpepsi16 Posts: 1 New Member
    pjrpepsi16
    Hi all, I am new to the site but, not to the game. I'm having a problem with my Sims 3. I can't install anything from the store. I keep getting the message that the installation failed and I need to update my software. I can't do that because I have no update button anywhere in my launcher. I have version 1.69. Is there anything I can do?
    edited December 2021
    @pjrpepsi16 - I no longer have an Origin install anywhere as my TS3 game is all on Steam. But that isn't supposed to happen on Patch 1.69. Have you tried running a Repair Game through Origin? If that gets you nowhere and no one else responds here, you may want to post the same question on EA's Answers.HQ board for TS3 to see what else has worked for other players.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Awesomepingu41Awesomepingu41 Posts: 1 New Member
    Ideas on how to fix the error 0xc00007b when opening the game...
  • InfernusInfernus Posts: 5 New Member
    For reference, I am on Mac.

I'm having an issue logging into my Sims 3 account on the launcher. This is strange, but when I open the launcher, my brother's account is already logged in. I log his out and then log into mine with my info, it STILL logs into his account...

I've contacted EA support and three different advisors have told me to do various things including: uninstall and reinstalling both the game and Origin. Use the Origin reset tool. And to delete the user profiles in the Sims 3 preferences folder. All to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas for this?
    @infernus - Hmm. Although you shouldn't have to do this, what happens if you create a new user account on your Mac and log in as that user? That will, among other things, give you a totally clean Documents folder and a fresh TS3 user game folder under that user account. Any different or does the ghost of your brother's account still show up at midnight, er I mean on login?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor So I made a new user on my Mac, logged into it and opened up the Sims 3 launcher, and I was able to login to my own account. :) Though, it remains to figure out how to solve this issue on my own user because having to use an alt user just to play TS3 with my own account logged in seems counterintuitive.
    edited December 2021
    @Infernus - That's what I was hoping would happen and it does prove that there is nothing wrong with your Origin account. But no, it's not really a permanent solution unless you keep the new macOS login account and bring everything else you use over to it.

I take it that you cannot replicate the success back on the original login by deleting or renaming the TS3 user game folder thus starting fresh with a new one over there? Reinstalling the game does not usually replace the game folder. But I suspect the link to your brother's account might be someplace else in the depths of the macOS library system under the original user account in much the same way that it would be on Windows within the Registry.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor
    These are the deletion instructions that the advisor gave me:

Akhil (12/28/2021, 6:06:21 AM): Delete the /Applications/The Sims 3 folder (or any for a Stuff or Expansion pack).
    Delete the /Users/"User"/Library/Preferences/The Sims 3 Preferences folder.
    Delete the /Users/"User"/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder only if you are uninstalling the base game.

I went ahead and deleted the entire TS3 preferences folder since that seemed to be the relevant case here. It did nothing. So, you probably are right that there is another link hidden in another folder related to TS3 that I just don't know about or where to find it.

Another piece of info if it helps, is that I used to use my brother's Origin and TS3 account on my macOS user before making my own Origin/TS3 account and purchasing the TS3 starter pack a few days ago since it was half off.
    @Infernus - Possibly it's Origin related prefs that need to be deleted from the User Library rather than (or in addition to) those for TS3? That's really just a wild guess, though. If that doesn't work out, how horribly inconvenient would it be to keep using the new user account rather than the older one?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor
    Wouldn't the Origin Reset Tool do that for me? Because I've used that to reset the prefs and cache which also didn't do anything. I also can't find an Origin folder in the preferences folder, anyway.

It's not really inconvenient having to log into a new user account, but you know, kinda annoying having to do it in the first place.
    edited December 2021
    Infernus wrote: »
    @igazor It's not really inconvenient having to log into a new user account, but you know, kinda annoying having to do it in the first place.
    No, I know but just to clarify in case this isn't what you were thinking of, what I meant was can you move all of your stuff (apps, data, whatever you have) from the old user account to the new user account and then pretty much just abandon the original one? Still a royal pain I am sure, but a short-term one.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Ah, right. Yeah, I could it'll just take some work transferring everything over and reinstalling stuff to a new admin user account.
  • WXLM_Nicole32WXLM_Nicole32 Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi:

I just bought the entire Sims three collection online and installed into the future expansion. Had a little bit of fun with this, however every time the time portal activates there’s a bit of a flash animation and I was wondering if there’s any way reasonably that this can be either disabled or turned down just a bit without completely disabling the time portal for medical reasons. Any help in this matter would greatly be appreciated.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022
    pjrpepsi16 wrote: »
    pjrpepsi16
    Hi all, I am new to the site but, not to the game. I'm having a problem with my Sims 3. I can't install anything from the store. I keep getting the message that the installation failed and I need to update my software. I can't do that because I have no update button anywhere in my launcher. I have version 1.69. Is there anything I can do?

I also had this issue and found the solution online (either Crin or MTS, I forget). This is the solution that worked for me:
    1. Navigate to your The Sims 3 folder in My Documents.
    2. Move your DCCache folder to the Desktop.
    3. Delete all other folders/files in there with the word "cache" in the name.
    4. Replace the DCCache folder from the Desktop.
    5. Try installing in batches from largest to smallest (but don't go by the tabs, they are wrong on many items):
      1. Worlds (World thumbnail from Store)
      2. Lots (Venue thumbnail from store or lot preview image from Exchange post)
      3. Sets (Set thumbnail from Store)
      4. Single items (Catalogue image of CAS part or Object, CAS/Object/Pattern previews from the Exchange)
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • NerdedixliiNerdedixlii Posts: 6 New Member
    I just bought a new gaming rig and my graphics settings are all over the place. I don't want to bust my PC, so here's my specs...

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC
    20C2 Cycle AV
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 SUPER™ (4 GB GDDR6 dedicated)
    256 SSD storage
    8 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB)
    Realtek Canary ac 2x2 +Bluetooth 5 M.2 2230 PCI-e+USB WW with 2 Antennas
    Shadow black front bezel, Acid Green Chrome logo with 400W Power supply
    Windows 11 Home 64
    OSLOC US
    AMD Ryzen™ 5 4600G (3.7 GHz up to 4.2 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache, 6 cores)

Surely it should run it at its highest performance, right? That's kinda what I got it for.....😓
  • WXLM_Nicole32WXLM_Nicole32 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Nerdedixlii said:
    > I just bought a new gaming rig and my graphics settings are all over the place. I don't want to bust my PC, so here's my specs...
    >
    > HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC
    > 20C2 Cycle AV
    > NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 SUPER™ (4 GB GDDR6 dedicated)
    > 256 SSD storage
    > 8 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB)
    > Realtek Canary ac 2x2 +Bluetooth 5 M.2 2230 PCI-e+USB WW with 2 Antennas
    > Shadow black front bezel, Acid Green Chrome logo with 400W Power supply
    > Windows 11 Home 64
    > OSLOC US
    > AMD Ryzen™ 5 4600G (3.7 GHz up to 4.2 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache, 6 cores)
    >
    > Surely it should run it at its highest performance, right? That's kinda what I got it for.....😓

Hi there:

I’m just gonna take a stab at this and say check around in your task manager for any background processes you’re not using such as the iTunes helper, any remote access software such as TeamViewer, or other such. This will help with the performance in general as the game is not having to fight with other processes. Also, check to see if there’s anything in your graphics card settings that may also help. And finally, the obligatory make sure you have all your updates installed as well as the latest updates for your video card and other drivers. He’s are just suggestions for troubleshooting a lot of different things that I’ve come across over the years. I’m not sure how well they’ll apply here but give them a shot.
    > @WXLM_Nicole32 said:
    > > @Nerdedixlii said:
    > > I just bought a new gaming rig and my graphics settings are all over the place. I don't want to bust my PC, so here's my specs...
    > >
    > > HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC
    > > 20C2 Cycle AV
    > > NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 SUPER™ (4 GB GDDR6 dedicated)
    > > 256 SSD storage
    > > 8 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB)
    > > Realtek Canary ac 2x2 +Bluetooth 5 M.2 2230 PCI-e+USB WW with 2 Antennas
    > > Shadow black front bezel, Acid Green Chrome logo with 400W Power supply
    > > Windows 11 Home 64
    > > OSLOC US
    > > AMD Ryzen™ 5 4600G (3.7 GHz up to 4.2 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache, 6 cores)
    > >
    > > Surely it should run it at its highest performance, right? That's kinda what I got it for.....😓
    >
    > Hi there:
    >
    > I’m just gonna take a stab at this and say check around in your task manager for any background processes you’re not using such as the iTunes helper, any remote access software such as TeamViewer, or other such. This will help with the performance in general as the game is not having to fight with other processes. Also, check to see if there’s anything in your graphics card settings that may also help. And finally, the obligatory make sure you have all your updates installed as well as the latest updates for your video card and other drivers. He’s are just suggestions for troubleshooting a lot of different things that I’ve come across over the years. I’m not sure how well they’ll apply here but give them a shot.

Thank you so much, I have already started double checking my updates. If it helps to know, my PC can run Sims 4, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo on high performance.
  • GrootsGroots Posts: 1 New Member
    Is there any way to install Sim3pack without involving the launcher? At all?
    That thing crash every single time I try to install any package on Linux.
    Platform: PC | Linux - Garuda Linux | WINE Staging 7.0 | Steam | The Sims 3 Complete Collection 1.69

Another question: Is it possible to run the game without login into origin on linux? That launcher always raise error "You need to connect to the internet" despite that I am connected and the launcher successfully updated itself a few seconds prior.
  • madyb23madyb23 Posts: 1 New Member
    okay, im very new to this but i have a problem. so if anyone knows about it i could use help. i think my issue is likely a block on EA’s side but i am just trying to figure it out. i own the sims 3 and pretty much all of the packs. however only the ones i bought on disc appear in launcher. i believe my father bought them from a third party so im guessing thats why??
    edited January 2022
    @Groots - There are some players on ModTheSims (MTS) who successfully play this game on Linux. There are some things that just cannot be worked around, but not being a Linux user I tend to forget what they are exactly. You may want to post over there (requires joining MTS first) on the TS3 help boardto get their assistance and suggestions.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @madyb23 - There is always a risk of those blocks happening when purchasing the game from other than an authorized re-seller. If it's one for which EA was never paid/reimbursed for those packs, then eventually (and it could take years) EA's Loss Prevention might catch up and block Origin access to them from their end. There is no way to tell that is what happened or to work around it from the player's end. All you can do is contact EA Customer Support to see if indeed there is a LP block on those packs and be prepared to repurchase them if so.

Here are the actually authorized re-sellers listed out. If the packs actually did come from one of them, then of course the blocking might be a mistake that only EA Customer Support can correct from their end once made aware of it.
    https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited January 2022
    @Nerdedixlii - Part of the problem is that I'm not sure what the question was. That hardware set should be more than capable of running the game at its highest settings, although we routinely advise limiting Reflections to the 2nd highest setting and High Detail Lots to no higher than 2 on just about any system.

What do you mean by your settings are all over the place? If you don't like the defaults granted to your graphics card under Game Options, and that card is too new for the game to recognize it formally and grant it all higher defaults, you can always just change them. Or is it not the defaults but that the game is not running well for you?

Your GPU definitely needs to have its frame rate (fps) capped to the refresh rate of your monitor. Most are 60 Hz, so the cap should be 60 fps, but some monitors can run higher. This is typically done by arranging vertical sync (only works in full screen mode) and max frame rate capping (should work in full screen and windowed) by way of the Nvidia Control Panel. Let us know if you need help with that step. TS3 being an older game has no functional built-in fps limiter.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    > @igazor said:
    > @Nerdedixlii - Part of the problem is that I'm not sure what the question was. That hardware set should be more than capable of running the game at its highest settings, although we routinely advise limiting Reflections to the 2nd highest setting and High Detail Lots to no higher than 2 on just about any system.
    >
    > What do you mean by your settings are all over the place? If you don't like the defaults granted to your graphics card under Game Options, and that card is too new for the game to recognize it formally and grant it all higher defaults, you can always just change them. Or is it not the defaults but that the game is not running well for you?
    >
    > Your GPU definitely needs to have its frame rate (fps) capped to the refresh rate of your monitor. Most are 60 Hz, so the cap should be 60 fps, but some monitors can run higher. This is typically done by arranging vertical sync (only works in full screen mode) and max frame rate capping (should work in full screen and windowed) by way of the Nvidia Control Panel. Let us know if you need help with that step. TS3 being an older game has no functional built-in fps limiter.

Sorry if I worded it oddly, I have a bad habit of that. I have reset the settings a few times(once putting everything at the mid-way point, then again with it all on high/very high), but every time I restart it resets them, which it does on my laptop as well (I just gave up on tweaking the settings on it). The PC ran the game just fine on high and I can report no issues as of this point. I have checked my refresh rate and frame rate, I suppose I will just have to check the graphics settings every time it starts. I guess what I was really asking for was for someone to tell me I wouldn't blow up my new PC by messing with the settings. :D

Thank you, @igazor for your help, even if my problem wasn't clear and I apologize for that. This may have been a fairly stupid reason to post for help, but having a shiny new PC just makes me nervous. Thank you again!!!!! <3 :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top