Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Look At NPC Overhaul

Comments

• Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Great news, I always felt Mortimer should look a bit older and the Caliente sisters seemed so different from the ones in Sims 2. I'm looking forward to seeing the final remodel with makeup and clothes. I just really hope they are updating the story background and relationship history to go with the updates maybe even a trait change. I would really love more Sims lore in the game, but if this is just another Gallery remodel like what was done for the Pancakes with Iggy and the new Goth wardrobe makeover I'm cool with that, it's nice to have gallery options for which family you want. I'm just crossing my fingers the Goth and Caliente's are going to be part of some new neighborhood or story progression update on December 1! :smiley:
  • Options
    CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    Yeah not a big fan of the concept art, oooks very alpha to me. Also they look dead inside. lol. Mortimer looks pretty good though.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited November 2021
    These "improved" townies are getting deleted in new saves anyway. For me the Goths and The Calientes only exist in TS1 and TS2.

Bella looks like TS2 Cassandra. Aside from that...
    Sharonia wrote: »
    favriel wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    The pee yellow hair on Dina is inaccurate. Why is it still there?

Because it's just early concept art, they said they will change the hair colors for both Dina and Nina. They're also considering creating new outfits for them

What's the point of showing half finished concept art?
    Honestly the new Nina resembles the original a lot, they just need to make the jaw less wide and change the eyebrows

J8c2eSx.png

Updating that ugly base game hairstyle would help a lot, it looks so dated.

This so much! If anything they should just update the basegame hairstyles and move on. Focus on improving the gameplay.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of the concepts. To me, they look worse. Thankfully, I have replacements in my Library.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Bella, what have those evil people done to you?
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    NPC refresh would be very refreshing!
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Yeah, I was hoping for a version with summer/winter outfits and maybe some updated traits and stuff, not redoing how they look. It's been years, I'm super used to them as they are now, so these new versions just seem "wrong," even though they're fine (well, aside from the dead eyes).
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

What!!!!

Dear EA-Maxis I recommend that you allocate the resources of that "creative" department to the bugs fixes department.

I want a fixed game no cosmetic nonsense.

Please, please, please...
  • Options
    xxboahancockxxboahancock Posts: 21 Member
    Y'all discussing on NPC's specifically on the updates with the looks but here I am getting excited with the "Story Progression" that'll be released on November 30! Yey! Though it took them almost a decade to actually adopt one of the best things in TS3, it's still something that we can look forward to. About time...
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    emere wrote: »
    What!!!!

Dear EA-Maxis I recommend that you allocate the resources of that "creative" department to the bugs fixes department.

No! I need new content otherwise the gameplay gets super stale!!
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    emere wrote: »
    What!!!!

Again two completely different teams. Designers will not know how to fix bugs so if they are not working on what they are now it's not going to change anything abt bug fixing and they will work on smth else.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Honestly the new Nina resembles the original a lot, they just need to make the jaw less wide and change the eyebrows

J8c2eSx.png
    How about the shape of the nose the Sims 2 version is completely different her eyes are green not brown and last but not least she does not look like a extra from the walking dead with her skin being the color of a corpse.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2021
    These concept pictures honestly make me happy that this update won't affect my long term existing save.
  • Options
    GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    Weird skin and ugly base game hair aside, the Calientes look good now, they were the ugliest premades before. Just make their eyes green and it's fine.

I don't think Bella needed a physical change, just making her skin darker would be fine, but we have to see her with makeup to judge.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I have a question about the new looks. Will it only affect new saves or will it transform these Sims in our current games as well? Just asking for a heads up and in case preparation is needed.

I am wondering about this as well. Earlier this year I had a bug that reset NPC names I had edited in my save. I had changed some because the names are translated in my game anyway. And I wasn't the only one. The posts about resetting names are found within a thread about lore updates
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/992652/regarding-premades-lore-updates/p4

I hope the update will only affect new games but I will be backing up Sims and upload the NPC with changes to the gallery just in case.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2021
    I like them but I hope they make the Caliente sisters part alien again. They are a third generation alien. I love the family tree shown here:
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Caliente_family
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited November 2021
    Well, looks like I will be killing off EVERY "NPC" in the future...

I don't like these new downgrades. Bella is going from hot to not!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I have a question about the new looks. Will it only affect new saves or will it transform these Sims in our current games as well? Just asking for a heads up and in case preparation is needed.

I am wondering about this as well. Earlier this year I had a bug that reset NPC names I had edited in my save. I had changed some because the names are translated in my game anyway. And I wasn't the only one. The posts about resetting names are found within a thread about lore updates
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/992652/regarding-premades-lore-updates/p4

I hope the update will only affect new games but I will be backing up Sims and upload the NPC with changes to the gallery just in case.
    I had that issue too, and this worries me a lot. I have copies of all the premade sims in my library (edited the way I want), and I’m worried the changes will carry to even those copies since the name reverting did.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited November 2021
    @Beardedgeek @logion I assumed this as well, but you never know what the devs can pull off, lol.

yeah i wish it does not concern old save sims ive already edited most of the premades to my liking
    but I can't trust anymore after they very sneakily updated bobs hair
    and removed the old version of it so now bob is doomed to be more fashionable
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited November 2021
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

J8c2eSx.png

Her face seems a lot skinnier and skintone is a lot warmer but like they said it's just drawn concept art

eyes need to be more alert she looks sleepy and yeah that what i mean the skins too grey... nose and lips also look pretty much off but i can't be sure with just front view on these sims anyway they could look like mess if you just rotate them :lol:

also like the hair needs to be more defined than what she has cause it just looks off
    idk if they should update that hair or make new one probably better if they make new one cause that hair may be useful on other sims and sims be looking ridiculous if they again do the whole swap thing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited November 2021
    I don't like this. They really look dead inside and tired. Why not just some tweaks for the hair, why change their whole looks? I don't care how they looked on old Sims games, this is Sims 4.
    I hope they're not going to update all the other premades too. I swear... if they "deadify" Don Lothario's face I will riot. :o:angry:
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I just want the devs to update all the base game hairs!

Bella is now far from bella imo
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Beardedgeek logion I assumed this as well, but you never know what the devs can pull off, lol.

yeah i wish it does not concern old save sims ive already edited most of the premades to my liking
    but I can't trust anymore after they very sneakily updated bobs hair
    and removed the old version of it so now bob is doomed to be more fashionable

That is true... Bob's hair is a CAS asset that is a file in the game though. Maxis changed the hair itself, not how Bob is using it. How Mortimer, Bella, Dina and Nina are looking is determined by your save file so unless they change the CAS assets that they are using or are changing how all sims are looking in the game they should not change in older saves.
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    edited November 2021
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I just want the devs to update all the base game hairs!
    As long as they still keep the old ones in the game as well, please. I’ve seen examples of sims where their hair was such a part of their personality that with the updated hair, they no longer look like themselves anymore. When update changes the hair so much that it no longer looks like the same hair and it also changes the shape of the face, then it should, in my opinion, be added as an additional hair instead of overriding the old one. More options will also allow for more unique sims :)

Edit As for the Caliente sisters if, as they mentioned in the stream, they are supposed to be of Spanish and Middle Eastern decent, then I think the new concept art definitely comes closer to this than how they look in the game right now. Seeing as I’ve only played 4, I’m not too hung up on the whole lore aspect, but it would definitely be nice if their sentiments, likes & dislikes matched their personalities and if they are aware of their relations with each other.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I'm not really liking this, Mortimer and Bella look even less like themselves, and the Caliente sisters should still have green eyes like they always have.

I think they only should have changed skintones and added relationships and preferences.