Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Look At NPC Overhaul

Comments

• favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    The pee yellow hair on Dina is inaccurate. Why is it still there?

Because it's just early concept art, they said they will change the hair colors for both Dina and Nina. They're also considering creating new outfits for them
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,178 Member
    So I like that they're giving Bella a darker skintone like how she had in Sims 1 and 2 compared to her slightly lighter skin in Sims 4....Oh wait, gotta use the term I keep seeing in the Gallery and Twitter "Whitewashed". That's literally my only compliment to this. I hate literally everything else in this. I'll start saving the looks of the NPC's in the game right now in the gallery and save them for later when I start a new game.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    They look great, Bella definitely look Hispanic now.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I have a question about the new looks. Will it only affect new saves or will it transform these Sims in our current games as well? Just asking for a heads up and in case preparation is needed.
    #Team Occult
    What have they done to Bella????? I don't mind the skin tone but what did they do to her FACE????

Made her look more ethnically Hispanic? It's not that difficult to see, you know.
    LiELF wrote: »
    I have a question about the new looks. Will it only affect new saves or will it transform these Sims in our current games as well? Just asking for a heads up and in case preparation is needed.

I assume you will have to start a new save, copy them, replace the existing household in the existing save. I am having to do it twice, once for my ongoing game, one for my base save.

I am NOT redoing my entire save game with lots and extra townies.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I can't imagine that this update will change or add new sims to your old saves. It will most likely only be the sims that are generated when you are clicking "new game".
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    What have they done to Bella????? I don't mind the skin tone but what did they do to her FACE????

It's not actually in game. It's drawn on concept art.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    @Beardedgeek @logion I assumed this as well, but you never know what the devs can pull off, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    I don't like the new ones at all. They look like they're in rough shape. The old ones are better.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    They don't look right. They look more like a downgrade instead of an upgrade. Even my old Sims 3 sims looks way better than that.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Yikes. I really hope this will only affect unplayed NPCs, and not the premade families we've already edited on our own.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    😳😳😳😳😳
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I only had an issue with diverging from establish lore with the Calienties.
    I edit half the sims and leave or delete the other half.

The Sims homes have bio's and a story.
    If they want to make the towns story richer, go ahead. The sims have been established already.
    I am used to Mortimer and Bella as they where and how I have edited them.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2021
    To be honest a lot of people are complaining on Twitter about bella turning ugly, but if you compare her features from sims 3 side by side with the new one she looks exactly the same. The difference is the graphics and the art style. In Ts3 she looks like a smooth plastic barbie. The new version looks more like her as a real life person without filters lol 🥴
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    To be honest a lot of people are complaining on Twitter about bella turning ugly, but if you compare her features from sims 3 side by side with the new one she looks exactly the same. The difference is the graphics and the art style. In Ts3 she looks like a smooth plastic barbie. The new version looks more like her as a real life person without filters lol 🥴

She looks more similar to the sims 1 version to me
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    bluedanube wrote: »
    If Mortimer starts losing his hair, he would closely resemble Hercule Poirot. Maybe it's time for a career change?

Well, I know what I'm doing with Mortimer in my next save... 🕵️
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I think I'm too nostalgic of Sims 2 to give proper feedback for their versions in this iteration. And we all know Sims 2 was all about personality and characterization, and less about complex genetics. So I all ask is give Dina the proper tools to become a cunning soon-to-be-widow again lol And Bella the magnetizing natural beauty all are drawn to.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    Honestly the new Nina resembles the original a lot, they just need to make the jaw less wide and change the eyebrows

J8c2eSx.png
    favriel wrote: »
    Honestly the new Nina resembles the original a lot, they just need to make the jaw less wide and change the eyebrows

J8c2eSx.png

Her face seems a lot skinnier and skintone is a lot warmer but like they said it's just drawn concept art
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I really didn't think they'd go into reconstructing the physical features of the base game sims. I was thinking more wardrobe updates, relationship fixes, establishing sentiments, etc. If that's still in the works, great!

If it's more...this...then, yeah, not a fan.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2021
    Sharonia wrote: »
    The pee yellow hair on Dina is inaccurate. Why is it still there?

Because it's just early concept art, they said they will change the hair colors for both Dina and Nina. They're also considering creating new outfits for them

What's the point of showing half finished concept art?

J8c2eSx.png

Updating that ugly base game hairstyle would help a lot, it looks so dated.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    I really didn't think they'd go into reconstructing the physical features of the base game sims. I was thinking more wardrobe updates, relationship fixes, establishing sentiments, etc. If that's still in the works, great!

If it's more...this...then, yeah, not a fan.

That was what I also expected. I hate that they are gonna change a bunch of premade sims that we've been familiar with for years now.