Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Menswear Kit: Available Now!

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2021
    Some of us have been requesting toggles to hide clothes in CAS since way back in TS2. Maxis obsession at the time was they couldn't create one shirt for males or shirt for females unless they showed the belly button. Modders had to fix those shirts to fit and meet the bottoms so it wouldn't be everyone running around in tank tops or even polo shirts that showed the belly button. It seems their new obsession is to add more and more mini skirts whether for female or male or both. It's the same old story to me.

Modders created mods to hide the overly abundant OFB outfits (gorilla, astronaut, etc.) because at the time of the release of that EP all townies would show up in some of those. Same difference here. Townies will show up in whatever you wish to heaven they wouldn't put on, and it won't even match, either.

Please, Maxis, think about toggles to hide the clothes (no matter what it is...even the eyeball ring) and allow players to control what the heck their towns wear. That would be very fair to everyone. In the past Maxis couldn't create just regular everyday clothes even way back in TS2 for females or males or anyone else, and it looks like they are falling into that same rut again. Controlling players' games as usual. Pushing, hey kids, have your Sim wear this! no, Maxis, it's ugly. Or not for the story I'm telling myself. See, we want control, that's all. Give players the freedom they deserve after 20+ years. Because you know every townie isn't going to look 'sexy' in a mini nor a tank top or showing their belly button. No matter who they are. But they've gone back to the rut of sex sells. Sigh. How about some everyday clothes for average Sims who aren't trying to make a statement or even a fashion statement. Just regular everyday dudes.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    They're pixels. I don't think we have to worry about seeing anything. :D

89yCJHO.png

I agree with that.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Here's my two cents on the kit, for what's it's worth. I live in a very conservative area in the Mid-West U.S., very close to the bible belt. Any male wearing a skirt here would be laughed at and ridiculed. Probably not out loud, but there would be quiet snickers at least. Perhaps this is the fashion for modern day men on the west coast, London and other large metro areas around the world, but not here. However, men have been wearing skirts all through history and no one ever blinked an eye. Some examples; gladiators, togas, kilts, etc. Heck, for those who believe in Jesus, he wore a dress/robe as well!

My problem with the kit is the same as a few others have pointed out, it's high fashion, not every day wear for most of the world, in my opinion. Note - these are just my opinions. I was excited for the kit at first, thinking finally we would get more male clothes for our Sims, especially jeans that come down below the ankles. I think the base game only has a couple jeans that do that and a few other packs have a few here and there. I do use the ones that end at the ankle, but as someone else said, I hide those with boots! My favorite male Sim wears an iconic outfit for him with the tight, ankle length Bowling pack ripped jeans, ROM boots and the leather flight jacket from StrangerVille.

Also as a few have said, I would love it if they would've spent the time to just update the clothes to fit both genders we already have in the game so they actually fit them instead of this kit. It's a kit though, so I don't have to buy it and I won't. But I'm happy for those who do like it and will buy it and love it.

On a sidenote, thank you @Netzspannung for posting your creations of men wearing base game skirted outfits. I especially like the last one with the long skirt and boots. While none of my males will ever wear that, I have to admit he looks great wearing it! The first guy looks pretty good too, but I don't like his shoes. Personal tastes just play a factor in that thought. Longer skirts just look better on guys, in my opinion, if that's your preference in how to dress your males. I normally don't put that short of a skirt that comes in the kit on my females either. Unless they are wearing tights as well. Go outside wearing that in the least bit of wind and you'll know why it's not a good idea. :D

Bottom line, I would've much rather enjoyed simply an update to all the clothes previously remodeled for both genders so they fit, or a pack with basic items for males such as; more undies, below ankles jeans, casual button down shirts, casual suit jackets (I think we have perhaps 2 that I use), untucked casual shirts and t-shirts, jean shorts without holes and no fancy belt, basic flannel shirts without fancy pockets or elbow patches, more jean and leather jackets, long duster style coats (not fancy) and lastly, body hair. I believe that would've been very appropriate to put in a pack such as this, including more beards/goatees/mustaches.

That's my all over the place 2 cents about the kit... Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope we get other men packs.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    Time to download similar CC to what they're giving us.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Honestly, bring on the skirts! I may not particularly like Stefan Cooke's designs, but I'm all for men wearing skirts if they like.

While I love the gender customisation update we had a few years back, it's not without limitations - those limitations are mostly clothing. Some clothing works just fine on the opposite frame, while others don't. I'd love to see it updated and improved upon, but I don't know if that will ever happen. So in the mean time, I'm happy with getting a clothing item like a skirt, made specifically with a masculine frame in mind. At least I'll know it won't morph or clip weirdly.

I've been removing the feminine and masculine tags in CAS for a while now, and I think I've made some pretty sweet outfits, if I do say so myself.

dR1TSrd.png
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited November 2021
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Some of us have been requesting toggles to hide clothes in CAS since way back in TS2. Maxis obsession at the time was they couldn't create one shirt for males or shirt for females unless they showed the belly button. Modders had to fix those shirts to fit and meet the bottoms so it wouldn't be everyone running around in tank tops or even polo shirts that showed the belly button. It seems their new obsession is to add more and more mini skirts whether for female or male or both. It's the same old story to me.

I would like to correct that we are still suffering from "more tanktops than other tops" problem in ts4 it has not gone away

and i wish they balanced it out
    also wish we had more shirts with sleeves p_p as northern bean

in ts3 i recall it was more of all/most shirts end just slightly above waist problem
    38919d085a2f183f60a780fb2f14a507.jpg

creating annoying stomach peeky peek
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    You know, as a simple, average man I'm finally able to make peace with the idea of skimpy schoolgirl skirts crafted for modern men.

Apparently it was International Mens Day -what- two days ago? Not that anybody really cares, but for me it naturally means that I get my usual truckload of flowers and heart shaped boxes full of Belgian Chocolates and Turkish Delights delivered to my front door. This time Pat, the delivery man, also handed me a pretty tote bag with a teeny weeny tartan mini skirt in it.

I said to Pat:

“Pat, I am sorry, but this can’t be the right address. Unfortunately I don’t know any woman who would send me this, nor do I have a wife or a daughter who’d wear this. I don’t even have a wife or daughter, would you believe it? Har-Har.”

Upon which Delivery Pat answered:

“Ooooh, but my dear sir it is addressed to YOU! YOU should wear it. It was designed and crafted with your physique in mind!"

Although I do wear my hair long, nobody ever told me that I have the physique of a 13 year old school girl, but I let him proceed anyway. He seemed determined, especially after reading the utter flabbergastment on my face.

"My good man, don't you get it? It’s for the NEW YOU. The new, boundary pushing, YOU.
    You come across as a Boundary Pusher! Don't tell me you can't remember that time when you..."
    -this is where his eyes went a bit funny- ...Anyways! This garment will look rather pretty -I mean- handsome and…”- at that point he leaned forward and continued in a whisper -“ I hope you don’t mind me saying but this teeny weeny pleated mini skirt will look darn SEXY on you. And make sure NOT to wear tights. The ladies will LOVE it!!”

“Who sent this?” I asked gruffly.

“Someone with very good intentions. They just want to let you know how much they appreciate you as a modern, masculine man!”

Then the good fellow hopped back on his bike and called to me one last time:

“Slip it on when you go out on the town tonight! To celebrate. You shall be the Beau of the Ball!
    Better get used to the new, Normal YOU! And oh, Happy International Mens Day!”

...and away Pat squeaked on his bike. Squeak squeak into distant Happy Delivery Pat Land.

I used to be a paper boy and I hated it….

Meanwhile I noticed myself staring at this little piece of …cloth in my hands. The only good thing is that it would just about cover what needs to be covered…and I doubt it’ll even do a good job at that.

If it was April’s Fools day that day I would have laughed very hard and very long. Best prank ever. Kind of.
    But I wasn’t laughing. Someone had been serious…

You may have guessed that I didn’t wear the little tartan school girl skirt that night. It simply didn't fit.
    What's more, I didn’t go out at all. I was utterly confused. I wasn’t sure what would be acceptable for me to wear these days as a young, middle aged, modern man.
    Maybe the sender of that skirt thought I’m not masculine enough! Oh my. One would definitely see the man through a weeny piece of skirt like this. Hard to miss! But I wasn’t sure if looking like a furry lollipop doll was something the new me would do! Would he now?
    Unfortunately not wearing it also meant that I'd have to become an old fashioned frumplebag and not be a modern and -perhaps even- a sexy man. What to do? Conundrum!

But then things took a turn for the better.

This very morning I woke up...feeling this sudden urge.... to clean my kitchen for a change. Something must have inspired me, so I flicked on an AC/DC classic, whipped out a bottle of Mr. Muscle and before the sun even had a chance to realize the day had already begun, I was spraying Mr. Muscle all over the kitchen counters and wiping away, wiping away on this fresh, early Sunday morn, happy as a little bog light!

But why? You ask. Why was I so happy and why did I feel so...rejuvinated? The answer came to me the moment I looked at the piece of cleaning cloth in my hand. And I finally understood everything. The HOWs & WHYs. The Universe clicked back into place.
    And I must say it’s doing a real fine job, that little tartan skirt. My kitchen counters have never been so clean and never looked so new!

Speaking of new, I AM grateful to whoever sent it to me. It changed me. I do feel like a new me. I feel more modern. Well…my kitchen feels more modern. Looks more modern. At least it looks clean. And you know, wiping kitchen counters with a small piece of tartan cloth will give anyone muscles. I actually feel more like a man now. I feel strong and I feel happy. I feel manly, for the first time in my life. No. I feel VERY manly.

So, Thank you dear little weeny pleated mini tartan skirt, for coming into my life when I needed you the most.
    Thank you. ❤️

PS: I do hope the next kit is a Gameplay kit with all sorts of cleaning cloths to clean the kitchen counters with. We do have vacuum cleaners, now we need cleaning cloths. Preferably tartan mini skirt shaped cleaning cloths. For men.

lol I really enjoy your stories there always. fun I want any game play kit or otherwise.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7

Sims-2-Makin-Magic-The-Mystery-Man-and-Mystery-Box.jpg

Almost sure Pat is just this dude in disguise and he was trying to lure you to magic town
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2021
    I like the sweaters. Pack has a very 70s hippie style to it. One of the sweaters reminds me of a hippie bag I got for my mom. I wouldn't mind if a kilt came with the pack. I don't think the title of the pack fits because I don't find it modern, but old fashioned of the 60s and 70s style.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    You know, as a simple, average man I'm finally able to make peace with the idea of skimpy schoolgirl skirts crafted for modern men.

Apparently it was International Mens Day -what- two days ago? Not that anybody really cares, but for me it naturally means that I get my usual truckload of flowers and heart shaped boxes full of Belgian Chocolates and Turkish Delights delivered to my front door. This time Pat, the delivery man, also handed me a pretty tote bag with a teeny weeny tartan mini skirt in it.

I said to Pat:

“Pat, I am sorry, but this can’t be the right address. Unfortunately I don’t know any woman who would send me this, nor do I have a wife or a daughter who’d wear this. I don’t even have a wife or daughter, would you believe it? Har-Har.”

“Ooooh, but my dear sir it is addressed to YOU! YOU should wear it. It was designed and crafted with your physique in mind!"

Although I do wear my hair long, nobody ever told me that I have the physique of a 13 year old school girl, but I let him proceed anyway. He seemed determined, especially after reading the utter flabbergastment on my face.

"My good man, don't you get it? It’s for the NEW YOU. The new, boundary pushing, YOU.
    You come across as a Boundary Pusher! Don't tell me you can't remember that time when you..."
    -this is where his eyes went a bit funny- ...Anyways! This garment will look rather pretty -I mean- handsome and…”- at that point he leaned forward and continued in a whisper -“ I hope you don’t mind me saying but this teeny weeny pleated mini skirt will look darn SEXY on you. And make sure NOT to wear tights. The ladies will LOVE it!!”

“Someone with very good intentions. They just want to let you know how much they appreciate you as a modern, masculine man!”

“Slip it on when you go out on the town tonight! To celebrate. You shall be the Beau of the Ball!

...and away Pat squeaked on his bike. Squeak squeak into distant Happy Delivery Pat Land.

Meanwhile I noticed myself staring at this little piece of …cloth in my hands. The only good thing is that it would just about cover what needs to be covered…and I doubt it’ll even do a good job at that.

If it was April’s Fools day that day I would have laughed very hard and very long. Best prank ever. Kind of.

You may have guessed that I didn’t wear the little tartan school girl skirt that night. It simply didn't fit.
    What's more, I didn’t go out at all. I was utterly confused. I wasn’t sure what would be acceptable for me to wear these days as a young, middle aged, modern man.
    Maybe the sender of that skirt thought I’m not masculine enough! Oh my. One would definitely see the man through a weeny piece of skirt like this. Hard to miss! But I wasn’t sure if looking like a furry lollipop doll was something the new me would do! Would he now?
    Unfortunately not wearing it also meant that I'd have to become an old fashioned frumplebag and not be a modern and -perhaps even- a sexy man. What to do? Conundrum!

This very morning I woke up...feeling this sudden urge.... to clean my kitchen for a change. Something must have inspired me, so I flicked on an AC/DC classic, whipped out a bottle of Mr. Muscle and before the sun even had a chance to realize the day had already begun, I was spraying Mr. Muscle all over the kitchen counters and wiping away, wiping away on this fresh, early Sunday morn, happy as a little bog light!

But why? You ask. Why was I so happy and why did I feel so...rejuvinated? The answer came to me the moment I looked at the piece of cleaning cloth in my hand. And I finally understood everything. The HOWs & WHYs. The Universe clicked back into place.
    And I must say it’s doing a real fine job, that little tartan skirt. My kitchen counters have never been so clean and never looked so new!

Speaking of new, I AM grateful to whoever sent it to me. It changed me. I do feel like a new me. I feel more modern. Well…my kitchen feels more modern. Looks more modern. At least it looks clean. And you know, wiping kitchen counters with a small piece of tartan cloth will give anyone muscles. I actually feel more like a man now. I feel strong and I feel happy. I feel manly, for the first time in my life. No. I feel VERY manly.

So, Thank you dear little weeny pleated mini tartan skirt, for coming into my life when I needed you the most.
    Thank you. ❤️

PS: I do hope the next kit is a Gameplay kit with all sorts of cleaning cloths to clean the kitchen counters with. We do have vacuum cleaners, now we need cleaning cloths. Preferably tartan mini skirt shaped cleaning cloths. For men.

I died🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Bobbi With An I
    https://youtu.be/kCpuPZ73wfA
    I think Bobbi would enjoy this new kit
    also thank you sims team for getting this song stuck in my head.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,924 Member

Sorry, it was me :D:joy:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options

lol :D
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

I said to Pat:

Thank you. ❤️

@CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Pat. :D That's funny. That's supremely funny. :D And marvelously clever... if intentional. Now I am stuck wondering if you did that on purpose, or if it was just a random name choice.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    This is what is bugging me most about the pack name. It is too close to being the same as this company name. Just after reading about Stream Elements and all that they are doing with OBS, this feels too similar. https://www.menswearhouse.com/ I just wish it could be called something else but probably too late.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Maybe some day they'll sell us a Walmart Fashions stuff pack....

Superhero t-shirts paired with camo sweatpants and fake Converse knock-off sneakers. And for those special occasions when one wants to add a bit of fancy flair for a night on the town, top off the overall look with a matching camo jean vest and baseball cap. *chef's kiss* :D

Oof, that look is just so gangsta. :lol:
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    🤦‍♀️ wth!! It seems like this debates are still needed in 2021 after all...
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

Hmmm….Interesting. This may or may not change the way I feel about things.
    @Ellupelluellu Expect a DM from me sooner, rather than later. 😜
    Monet11 wrote: »

Pat. :D That's funny. That's supremely funny. :D And marvelously clever... if intentional. Now I am stuck wondering if you did that on purpose, or if it was just a random name choice.

Haha @Monet11 ,
    There are a few reasons Delivery Pat is called “Pat”.
    The main reason is that one of my local postmen is -in fact- called Pat!
    I do call him Postman Pat, but never when he’s within hearing range. I know, cowardly, but I’m sure he has a nick name for me too. Whenever Pat delivers a parcel he always look at me funny - through his Postman Pat spectacles- and says my name out loud. Then he asks: “Did I pronounce that right?”
    Every single time! 😂 Pat considers my name to be a bit unusual, but here’s no way anyone could pronounce my name wrong. Then again, when you’re called Pat, everything may seem a bit unusual.
    And just letting folks know, I don’t live in a claymated cartoon world either, even though it seems like that most of the time.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Sims-2-Makin-Magic-The-Mystery-Man-and-Mystery-Box.jpg

Almost sure Pat is just this dude in disguise and he was trying to lure you to magic town

@Simmingal Truth of the matter is, I already live in Magic Town. 😎
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7

Can we expect a picture of you wearing said skirt? :p
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I was born and raised in London and live just outside it now and I can tell you all....men don't wear skirts in London and if they did it's a very niche thing. Newsflash: Men wear the same kind of stuff there that they do around the western world.

Two things strike me about the whole skirts for men thing in this pack.
    1. I see from the publicity pictures that one look is the skirt worn over pants/trousers look. Ugh, that takes me back to 1998-99 when that combination was briefly fashionable. It made bu tts look bigger and wasn't a good look...IMHO of course.

2. What are men supposed to wear with the skirt? Shoes, accessories, tops?
  • Options
    I was born and raised in London and live just outside it now and I can tell you all....men don't wear skirts in London and if they did it's a very niche thing. Newsflash: Men wear the same kind of stuff there that they do around the western world.

1. I see from the publicity pictures that one look is the skirt worn over pants/trousers look. Ugh, that takes me back to 1998-99 when that combination was briefly fashionable. It made bu tts look bigger and wasn't a good look...IMHO of course.

well the ugly sweaters of course.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member

Sneakers and socks?

• Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    While we were on holiday at Surfers Paradise recently hubby and I kept crossing paths with a man in his 50's, dressed in a bikini. He was extremely hairy, my first thought was he would look better in a one piece swim suit. Then I looked at hubby's face, that is not what he was thinking. I don't think I will buy this kit, I might get banned from playing Sims. :D