Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Menswear Kit: Available Now!

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Who wants to start the story progression thread?👀

@Babykittyjade we have a neighborhood stories thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995319/introducing-neighborhood-stories-bringing-new-life-to-the-neighborhood/p1
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Who wants to start the story progression thread?👀

@Babykittyjade we have a neighborhood stories thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995319/introducing-neighborhood-stories-bringing-new-life-to-the-neighborhood/p1

Thank you!! I had no idea. Too many threads to keep up with😅😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2021
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    babajayne wrote: »
    Isharell wrote: »
    I was born and raised in London and live just outside it now and I can tell you all....men don't wear skirts in London and if they did it's a very niche thing. Newsflash: Men wear the same kind of stuff there that they do around the western world.

Two things strike me about the whole skirts for men thing in this pack.
    1. I see from the publicity pictures that one look is the skirt worn over pants/trousers look. Ugh, that takes me back to 1998-99 when that combination was briefly fashionable. It made bu tts look bigger and wasn't a good look...IMHO of course.

2. What are men supposed to wear with the skirt? Shoes, accessories, tops?

Sneakers and socks?

from the rl pics i saw cause i wanted to know if this was a style the wear boots.

I'd definitely pair boots with that - in fact, I will! I think a big clunky boot would go great. My boys will be stylin'!

And, for humor, somebody is bound to wear that with some of those wacky patterned tights we have - heck, the townies do that now! "Somebody" might be Bob Pancakes - he's scheduled to have a midlife crisis in my game... >:)

Idk this kit reminds of this guy. Basically he has a wife and looks like "regular guy" but he has a passion for wearing heals and posting it on Instagram. It's interesting because he has to clarify in all his posts that he has a wife that fully supports him and everything. Because some ppl would assume his sexuality because of the heals.

Kind of makes me want to make a manly man that developed a hobby of wearing heels or skirts occasionally and I like ur idea of Bob having a midlife crisis and deciding to dress differently than usual lol
    Yeah but can he wear the heels for an 8-hour shift in a busy office where he’s up and down all day? That’ll take the fun right out of wearing heels. I refuse to wear them anymore, I don’t care. My husband saw how I suffered at a wedding recently and he suggested it himself. Maybe some sims should get uncomfortable moodlets when wearing them, too.

Lol yeah I don't think I would ever wear heels willingly. It's crazy because it was part of office dress code for woman. I think some places still have it as a requirement.

Nobody in their right minds would wear heels lol. Nasty, crippling things. I stopped wearing them when I was in my 20's. I'm more of a boots kind of gal these days.
    Yeah I am still hoping for more wedge and flat options for shoes in the game. I don't like heels either and kind of nasty to hear that women are crippling themselves to wear them by removing their pinky toe. It is like when women had to bind their feet to wear shoes before. :( Bras and pantyhose worst fashion decisions for women too. Pantyhose are made to tear and bras thankfully are getting better, but dumb that for awhile they only offered underwire which can be horrible for circulation.

This thread also made me think of women that put men into tight pants isn't much different from skirts as far as modesty. Same thing with the Daisy Duke shorts. It is ironic the same people who were against the hijab for modesty are complaining about modesty now. It is like um it isn't something you can be selective about for any gender. I don't know why people think women are the only ones allowed to be sexy while men can't. Just feels anti-feminist and sexist to not allow it across the board. It is like you are either for modesty for all or you aren't. No cherry picking. Bob Pancakes can actually pull off heels well. I don't care for mini skirts myself for anyone but I prefer the skort being into sports myself. It was always nice to run in a skort. I'm just into more functional in all occasions fashion rather than the bend and snap the fabric apart kind.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    babajayne wrote: »
    Isharell wrote: »
    I was born and raised in London and live just outside it now and I can tell you all....men don't wear skirts in London and if they did it's a very niche thing. Newsflash: Men wear the same kind of stuff there that they do around the western world.

Two things strike me about the whole skirts for men thing in this pack.
    1. I see from the publicity pictures that one look is the skirt worn over pants/trousers look. Ugh, that takes me back to 1998-99 when that combination was briefly fashionable. It made bu tts look bigger and wasn't a good look...IMHO of course.

2. What are men supposed to wear with the skirt? Shoes, accessories, tops?

Sneakers and socks?

from the rl pics i saw cause i wanted to know if this was a style the wear boots.

I'd definitely pair boots with that - in fact, I will! I think a big clunky boot would go great. My boys will be stylin'!

And, for humor, somebody is bound to wear that with some of those wacky patterned tights we have - heck, the townies do that now! "Somebody" might be Bob Pancakes - he's scheduled to have a midlife crisis in my game... >:)

Idk this kit reminds of this guy. Basically he has a wife and looks like "regular guy" but he has a passion for wearing heals and posting it on Instagram. It's interesting because he has to clarify in all his posts that he has a wife that fully supports him and everything. Because some ppl would assume his sexuality because of the heals.

Kind of makes me want to make a manly man that developed a hobby of wearing heels or skirts occasionally and I like ur idea of Bob having a midlife crisis and deciding to dress differently than usual lol
    Yeah but can he wear the heels for an 8-hour shift in a busy office where he’s up and down all day? That’ll take the fun right out of wearing heels. I refuse to wear them anymore, I don’t care. My husband saw how I suffered at a wedding recently and he suggested it himself. Maybe some sims should get uncomfortable moodlets when wearing them, too.

Lol yeah I don't think I would ever wear heels willingly. It's crazy because it was part of office dress code for woman. I think some places still have it as a requirement.

Nobody in their right minds would wear heels lol. Nasty, crippling things. I stopped wearing them when I was in my 20's. I'm more of a boots kind of gal these days.
    Yeah I am still hoping for more wedge and flat options for shoes in the game. I don't like heels either and kind of nasty to hear that women are crippling themselves to wear them by removing their pinky toe. It is like when women had to bind their feet to wear shoes before. :( Bras and pantyhose worst fashion decisions for women too. Pantyhose are made to tear and bras thankfully are getting better, but dumb that for awhile they only offered underwire which can be horrible for circulation.

This thread also made me think of women that put men into tight pants isn't much different from skirts as far as modesty. Same thing with the Daisy Duke shorts. It is ironic the same people who were against the hijab for modesty are complaining about modesty now. It is like um it isn't something you can be selective about for any gender. I don't know why people think women are the only ones allowed to be sexy while men can't. Just feels anti-feminist and sexist to not allow it across the board. It is like you are either for modesty for all or you aren't. No cherry picking. Bob Pancakes can actually pull off heels well. I don't care for mini skirts myself for anyone but I prefer the skort being into sports myself. It was always nice to run in a skort. I'm just into more functional in all occasions fashion rather than the bend and snap the fabric apart kind.

Yeah I have completely stopped wearing bras. I can't stand them. They are so uncomfortable. There is some situations where I wear them but I don't own any bras with wire in them. I can't stand that kind of torture lol
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Yeah I have completely stopped wearing bras. I can't stand them. They are so uncomfortable. There is some situations where I wear them but I don't own any bras with wire in them. I can't stand that kind of torture lol
    Yeah fashion should be comfy. Thanks to the pandemic I discovered lounge bras. But yes they were a lot of torture growing up with less options. I actually break out in an allergy with lace. I think I do need to catch up on the VOD with the stream today. Kind of neat to hear some of the updates already.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    last stream of the year sounds so sad tbh with no pack coming too

I hope they got something exciting in their sleeves to keep party going over december

This! I was hoping that they'd end the year with a "supernatural-themed" bang since this year opened with Paranormal Stuff, heck I was hopeful that this year would be the year of the occult. But Sadly, it was more normal and nature themes with an environmental message crammed in there somewhere.

Always next year I suppose, but my poor occult-loving heart is a little broken. :disappointed:
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    last stream of the year sounds so sad tbh with no pack coming too

I hope they got something exciting in their sleeves to keep party going over december

This! I was hoping that they'd end the year with a "supernatural-themed" bang since this year opened with Paranormal Stuff, heck I was hopeful that this year would be the year of the occult. But Sadly, it was more normal and nature themes with an environmental message crammed in there somewhere.

Always next year I suppose, but my poor occult-loving heart is a little broken. :disappointed:

I don't consider myself an occult player, but a "Year of the Occult" would be so much fun. I really hope this happens for those who want more occult!

• Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    First impression, didn't like the skirts on men. But then after some thinking and reading decided to get the kit anyway. For two reasons, the Canadian link via Schitt's Creek, and the fact that the cost is so minimal and I have every other offering in Sims 4 and don't want to spoil my record. Some Farland games gouge you for so much more money than the Sims does and don't give near as much creativity.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    This kit has 23 items (correct me if I'm wrong) but that would mean it's the kit with the most items. I think the last two cas kits had 21 items. But hopefully we see future kits get an increase in number of items.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2021
    Here are most of the clothes that they showed from the livestream yesterday:

74l7IZ3.png

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    I've rarely dressed my female sims in masculine clothes but I'm really eager to see them in some of the outfits from this pack. That suit with boots. 😍
  • Options
    My favourite so far: the sweaters (I don't get why ppl say they are ugly they look cute to me), the 3rd top in the bottom row, and the pants in the second to last outfit. For the 2nd and 3rd outfit.... I'm not sure abt it. I think a sim was wearing a swatch of it in one of the promotional images and I really liked it.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    My favourite so far: the sweaters (I don't get why ppl say they are ugly they look cute to me), the 3rd top in the bottom row, and the pants in the second to last outfit. For the 2nd and 3rd outfit.... I'm not sure abt it. I think a sim was wearing a swatch of it in one of the promotional images and I really liked it.

Well the sweaters do have holes in them which feels kinda...niche.

I think the pants and the jackets look okay. Everything feels so stylized though, but I guess that's the point.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Is that brown and white scarf thing they included in the tweed outfit or is it separate accessory? Also, the dresses with pants better not be outfits, they would look lovely on female sims. They give me a sixties vibe.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Is that brown and white scarf thing they included in the tweed outfit or is it separate accessory? Also, the dresses with pants better not be outfits, they would look lovely on female sims. They give me a sixties vibe.

From what I could see the brown and white scarf thing was part of the outfit. So the outfit with and without the scarf are two separate full body outfits.

I also missed this one, Vince showed it for like a second. A full body outfit where the shoes are included and it also looked like it did not have a lot of swatches. So this one was kinda limited.

UYoYlCW.png

• Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    logion wrote: »

74l7IZ3.png

Not bad! Definitely a few things I could use, even if I might have to recolour them. I can’t wait to see what CC creators do with this kit (hopefully, someone will separate the full-body outfits).
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options

I think the pants and the jackets look okay. Everything feels so stylized though, but I guess that's the point.

Yeah I don't get whats wrong with the sweaters with holes I mean ripped jeans are pretty popular now. And with these sweaters there's like a shirt underneath if ur worried abt ur sim being cold.
  • Options

Yeah I don't get whats wrong with the sweaters with holes I mean ripped jeans are pretty popular now. And with these sweaters there's like a shirt underneath if ur worried abt ur sim being cold.

That's a warm weather sweater, the holes are to keep the air circulating and keep you fresh. 😀
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

From what I could see the brown and white scarf thing was part of the outfit. So the outfit with and without the scarf are two separate full body outfits.

I also missed this one, Vince showed it for like a second. A full body outfit where the shoes are included and it also looked like it did not have a lot of swatches. So this one was kinda limited.

UYoYlCW.png

They give some pretty boots and the make them part of an outfit. 😭 Why do this EA?
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member

I might actually like those sweaters more if there wasn't a shirt underneath. Then they'd give me more daring and maybe rebellious feel. Now the holes just make me very uneasy. I'm not sure why, but I just dislike them very much. I wouldn't wear a sweater like that and when I look at them I'm just like why are there holes!? I especially don't like the one that has the triangle hole on the back. Now that I think about it I might not like the holes because they are so clean cut and weirdly shaped and the shirt underneath is boring. Why cut holes when there's nothing to see? Some funny patterned shirt underneath might be better. I also think I'd like tattered holes more. Tattered holes in jeans look better.

Those knitted textures in this kit look good, though.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member

74l7IZ3.png

Well if I had any doubts about 'wait and see what some of the other clothing options in the pack look like before making a final judgement', all doubts have gone after seeing this. I'm glad there are people who like what's on offer in this pack (room for everyone), but I have several gender non conforming sims in my game who I wouldn't be caught dead putting into these outfits (my masculine presenting female sims especially). There are way better non binary, gender neutral, androgynous & gender fluid fashions out there. This feels like such a lost opportunity on so many levels.

Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    haisin wrote: »

I might actually like those sweaters more if there wasn't a shirt underneath. Then they'd give me more daring and maybe rebellious feel. Now the holes just make me very uneasy. I'm not sure why, but I just dislike them very much. I wouldn't wear a sweater like that and when I look at them I'm just like why are there holes!? I especially don't like the one that has the triangle hole on the back. Now that I think about it I might not like the holes because they are so clean cut and weirdly shaped and the shirt underneath is boring. Why cut holes when there's nothing to see? Some funny patterned shirt underneath might be better. I also think I'd like tattered holes more. Tattered holes in jeans look better.

Those knitted textures in this kit look good, though.

I guess the holes are there as a design idk I find it interesting that so many ppl are bothered by the holes lol maybe this how older generations felt like when ripped jeans became a thing
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    I guess the holes are there as a design idk I find it interesting that so many ppl are bothered by the holes lol maybe this how older generations felt like when ripped jeans became a thing

Interestingly enough if you talk to some of the older metal heads and punks (just for perspective, I'm almost 50 so I'm talking the generation above me) a few of them had as much of a 'aww heck nah' when stuff like ripped jeans started to show up in mainstream fashion shops as the more traditional sections of society did. For those who came from lower socio-economic, working class backgrounds, and for whom these scenes were a real oasis in terms of self expression, seeing something that for them had been born out of necessity (wear your jeans until they fell apart, or use safety pins, band patches, etc, to repair clothes as much as possible, because you literally couldn't afford to buy new stuff), suddenly turn up in some high fashion boutique, with a price tag to match, probably felt a tad insulting. To be honest I kind of feel the same way sometimes. There have been plenty of times in my life when I've been living on the breadline, trying my best to patch, repair or hide the fact that some of my clothes had holes in them, but were still too good to throw away, and then there's fashion lines with strategically placed holes in jumpers (etc). The whole 'poor chic' thing just doesn't sit well with me, like how about working towards fixing economic inequality instead of turning it into a fashion statement. Yeah, I might have some feelings on this. :D

Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited November 2021

🥲🥲🥲🥲first kit im skipping.
    My guys wouldn't be caught in any of these. Forget the skirts the entire fashion is just blah imo.
    (I'm sorry to the designer btw🙈)

Oh and thanks for the picture

I did have to laugh when I read your comment, because I literally said the exact same thing to myself when I saw it.

I have no problems skipping packs and/or kits but there is usually something in every pack/kit that I know I'd get use out of, but this one .... not for me or my sims. I'm good.

But, happy for those that like, want, or need this in their game. Enjoy! And share your pics!