Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Menswear Kit: Available Now!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I was born and raised in London and live just outside it now and I can tell you all....men don't wear skirts in London and if they did it's a very niche thing. Newsflash: Men wear the same kind of stuff there that they do around the western world.

Two things strike me about the whole skirts for men thing in this pack.
    1. I see from the publicity pictures that one look is the skirt worn over pants/trousers look. Ugh, that takes me back to 1998-99 when that combination was briefly fashionable. It made bu tts look bigger and wasn't a good look...IMHO of course.

2. What are men supposed to wear with the skirt? Shoes, accessories, tops?

Sneakers and socks?

from the rl pics i saw cause i wanted to know if this was a style the wear boots.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

Oh wow, for some reason I really love this monochromatic outfit!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    edited November 2021
    Livestream tomorrow, 11/23

Hear from one of the co-founders behind the up-and-coming London-based label, Stefan Cooke, tomorrow at 11 AM PST on the Inside Maxis Livestream on Twitch! Be sure to tune in to get a look at the pieces!

We're also talking hot topics & updates coming in the next patch, so don't miss the last stream of the year!

The Sims on Twitter
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    last stream of the year sounds so sad tbh with no pack coming too

I hope they got something exciting in their sleeves to keep party going over december
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I miss the streams on purpose. The vibe they give has never been a positive one. I will just wait for a recap of important highlights.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I was born and raised in London and live just outside it now and I can tell you all....men don't wear skirts in London and if they did it's a very niche thing. Newsflash: Men wear the same kind of stuff there that they do around the western world.

1. I see from the publicity pictures that one look is the skirt worn over pants/trousers look. Ugh, that takes me back to 1998-99 when that combination was briefly fashionable. It made bu tts look bigger and wasn't a good look...IMHO of course.

Sneakers and socks?

from the rl pics i saw cause i wanted to know if this was a style the wear boots.

I'd definitely pair boots with that - in fact, I will! I think a big clunky boot would go great. My boys will be stylin'!

And, for humor, somebody is bound to wear that with some of those wacky patterned tights we have - heck, the townies do that now! "Somebody" might be Bob Pancakes - he's scheduled to have a midlife crisis in my game... >:)
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Isharell wrote: »

Sneakers and socks?

I'd definitely pair boots with that - in fact, I will! I think a big clunky boot would go great. My boys will be stylin'!

And, for humor, somebody is bound to wear that with some of those wacky patterned tights we have - heck, the townies do that now! "Somebody" might be Bob Pancakes - he's scheduled to have a midlife crisis in my game... >:)

Idk this kit reminds of this guy. Basically he has a wife and looks like "regular guy" but he has a passion for wearing heals and posting it on Instagram. It's interesting because he has to clarify in all his posts that he has a wife that fully supports him and everything. Because some ppl would assume his sexuality because of the heals.

Kind of makes me want to make a manly man that developed a hobby of wearing heels or skirts occasionally and I like ur idea of Bob having a midlife crisis and deciding to dress differently than usual lol
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

Sneakers and socks?

Idk this kit reminds of this guy. Basically he has a wife and looks like "regular guy" but he has a passion for wearing heals and posting it on Instagram. It's interesting because he has to clarify in all his posts that he has a wife that fully supports him and everything. Because some ppl would assume his sexuality because of the heals.

Kind of makes me want to make a manly man that developed a hobby of wearing heels or skirts occasionally and I like ur idea of Bob having a midlife crisis and deciding to dress differently than usual lol
    Yeah but can he wear the heels for an 8-hour shift in a busy office where he’s up and down all day? That’ll take the fun right out of wearing heels. I refuse to wear them anymore, I don’t care. My husband saw how I suffered at a wedding recently and he suggested it himself. Maybe some sims should get uncomfortable moodlets when wearing them, too.
  • Options
    babajayne wrote: »

Sneakers and socks?

Yeah but can he wear the heels for an 8-hour shift in a busy office where he’s up and down all day? That’ll take the fun right out of wearing heels. I refuse to wear them anymore, I don’t care. My husband saw how I suffered at a wedding recently and he suggested it himself. Maybe some sims should get uncomfortable moodlets when wearing them, too.

Lol yeah I don't think I would ever wear heels willingly. It's crazy because it was part of office dress code for woman. I think some places still have it as a requirement.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited November 2021

Sneakers and socks?

Lol yeah I don't think I would ever wear heels willingly. It's crazy because it was part of office dress code for woman. I think some places still have it as a requirement.

Nobody in their right minds would wear heels lol. Nasty, crippling things. I stopped wearing them when I was in my 20's. I'm more of a boots kind of gal these days.
  • Options

Sneakers and socks?

Nobody in their right minds would wear heels lol. Nasty, crippling things. I stopped wearing them when I was in my 20's. I'm more of a boots kind of gal these days.

Yeah 😂 but like I feel like it's so common for formal wear. Like if I had to dress up I wouldn't know what shoes to wear that still looks formal yk. Like has anyone ever wore flats to their own wedding 😂
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Sneakers and socks?

Yeah 😂 but like I feel like it's so common for formal wear. Like if I had to dress up I wouldn't know what shoes to wear that still looks formal yk. Like has anyone ever wore flats to their own wedding 😂

good point.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited November 2021

Sneakers and socks?

okay but heel boots :sunglasses:
    more supportive than normal heels but still go for heels

I have hypermobile knees so wearing shoes with some type of heel kind of helps with that tbh

(cause knees can't bend backwards in them so much and it forces knee to be in more "normal" position)

so i much prefer it for when i have to stand in one place for long times

for active walking and stuff though yeah not very good shoes since they slow you down significantly

and yeah not really useful if you have complicated terrain over just flat floors
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    edited November 2021

Sneakers and socks?

I would. I can't stand heels. I'd probably wear some kind of fancy Mary Jane flats with a wedding dress so I could still stand and dance and run around. Then again, I don't even know if I'd wear a wedding dress and if I did, it would probably be a little weird. :D

I used to wear heeled boots a lot when I was younger, then it tapered to just when I went out to "dress up" and then I dropped that too because I was just doing it to look taller so I went with thicker soles instead. I do still have some lower heeled boots and shoes that just sit in my closet, lol. These days I still love some baddy masculine flat boots with chunky soles. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited November 2021

Sneakers and socks?

For the ceremony probably not, but I have a friend who changed to sneakers before dancing at her wedding, her dress was long so it wasn't even noticeable.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

well the ugly sweaters of course.

actually theres a company that based their sweater idea around ugly sweaters.
    :)
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member

Sneakers and socks?

I did 🥰 I was so comfortable and they were sparkly and cute even if they did peek out from my very full skirt, which I doubt they did.
  • Options
    guys... theres literally one (1) skirt in this kit... rest is full body or has pants under :joy:

I wasnt expecting to like it anyway but i am somehow even more disappointed that the one full body i liked... comes with pants and shoes attached so you can't change em p_p
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited November 2021

My nephew is getting married this coming July. I own one dress that I've worn to every wedding these past 25+ years (it's become our running family joke). I'll be blowing the dust off of my Doc Martens and wearing those with the dress this year. At my age, I'm not risking falling in a pair of heels and breaking a hip or something. So big black army boots with my lacy flowery dress it is! I'm perfectly fine with being the crazy old aunt who's still living in the 90's. And besides, my nephew will think it's hilarious (he has the same dry humour as me). ;)

Needless to say, I hate dresses/skirts... when I wear that stuff I feel exposed and vulnerable and I don't like it. So it's only on very rare occasions (ie: weddings) that I'll put one on. I'm just a no-muss, no-fuss, low maintenance, jeans and t-shirt kinda gal.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    After seeing the livestream there are some items I really like. However the outfits I think seem to suit a female sim more and some of the designs are stunning but some seem better for males and for females. I think this pack would be better as a non-binary pack for all sim frames rather then male.
  • Options
    Anyone has the screenshots of all the cas items?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I was waiting for this too lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2021
    Who wants to start the story progression thread?

Nvm I found it! Apparently a simguru started one on nov 10th and I had no idea😱
    Carry on then!
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

Me too.
  • Options

I have some pics but idk how to post them I only know how to post tweets cause I just copy and paste the link