Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Menswear Kit: Available Now!

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited November 2021
    I am a big fan of skirts for men. In Czechia there is a brand called Kiltorys - freedom for a sack. I love that playful name (it's not a typo) and the slogan too.

Playful, yes, but I’m not sure how much freedom a sack gets in a mini skirt.
    Perhaps a little too much freedom? 😅

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,131 Member
    Sorry but I'm old school. Masculine used to mean full male, manly, mucho, etc, etc, etc.
    It never meant "Hey Dude, don't you look so pretty & girly".
    However, my Female sims will so look very beautiful in the pretty girly outfits.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Is this a Facebook cooperation to?
    Isn't everything? I don't even use Facebook and I feel like a Facebook cooperation. :lol:

On a serious note, I know that many of us are voicing negative opinions and joking about this kit, but those who are excited and looking forward to buying it, please don't let us put you off or make you feel that you can't express your own positive feelings about this kit.
    Just as everyone can wear what they want, everyone can buy and enjoy what they want too.
    If it makes even a few Simmers happy, then great! I just don't think that this is what those who requested menswear had in mind and it isn't really my cup of tea. :smile:

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

This outfit sold me on the kit.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    For a short moment, I thought I'd be buying my first kit. Saw the clothes, and no, I guess I won't.

I don't know anything about fashion, will likely *never* know anything about fashion. I'm not sure what kind of clothing I want for my "manly" men. But this is not it.

Once again, thankfully it's a kit and not a free patch.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    WvMISKAvW wrote: »

As for this kit? I'll definitely Pass - even if it were FREE, I would NOT download this Kit.

Just my .02. ;)

Actually if this wouldve been a base game update and it were not possible to change the skirts to feminine/men would auto start wearing them that would turn into a MUCH bigger problem...I would not want my townie men generating in feminine clothes.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,398 Member
    I like the shoes and boots they showed. The white T-shirt would look good as sports wear for the ladies, it looks a bit like a tennis outfit, and the tartan jacket and skirt thing would look nice on ladies with some high boots. Once we get body hair, I think these clothes will look comical on male sims.

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited November 2021
    Read into it and you'll find that the Devs worked together with an existing British menswear clothing designer, which explains all the sweaters. So it's another advertising pack. And that means it is DEFINITELY men'swear.

Whenever I said manly-manly-man clothes, I kinda meant hard punk. But hey, that sounds like the sort of thing that'll show in a music pack, so... whatever. It's not like we needed more party-wear, athleisure or t-shirts.

Try not to get so antsy about one little skirt, guys? Now a family-man can strut in style! You'll look super-cool when winter comes.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited November 2021
    If that is what they call "modern men's wear" then I can say that I am 100% not seeing it as usable items for all men what-so-ever. What we needed is more masculine style clothing. All I see from this pack/kit and this designer in particular is feminine styles. No male I know IRL would ever wear anything like that. That said, I have not bought any of the CAS kits. None are styles any of my sims will wear.

Personally, I am waiting for the gameplay kits. We have plenty of CAS and Build/buy kits, but only 1 gameplay kit. This tells me the game is all about looks and not about gameplay.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I read instagram comments yesterday and there were more happy comments than I expected. I'm glad for those who like this kit and I'm glad it's just a kit. I haven't bought any kits yet, though the latest ones, such as the plant kit, incheon kit and the fashion street one, are very pretty. It's not hard for me to not buy a kit, so I don't know why I still feel this disappointed.

Maybe it would indeed be easier to swallow if it was named Stefan Cooke kit or something, because maybe I'm afraid that this is the only menswear kit we will have. Maybe it won't be the only one. Maybe there will be something better in bigger packs. Maybe it's hard because when I saw the word menswear I got excited to see what is in the kit. After looking at the pictures and designers' designs I doubt this new kit will have anything I like in it. I don't mind the skirt. There was a skirt in the incehon kit too, or I don't know if it's more like a kilt, but yeah I just don't like these designs. Maybe I'm disappointed because this could have been something interesting and it isn't.

Now I mainly wonder what will come in the base game patch of this kit.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited November 2021
    Who knows what you'll get when you combine these things with already existing clothes? Or what the other swatches will look like?

Even if they're not manly manly man styles, my problem certainly isn't with the clothes themselves. Hey, if a male clothing designer wants us to think differently about skirts, let him. If your dad wants to look good, go right ahead. If the LGBT community wants something a little less obvious, why not? If nerds want to look stylish, go for it!

Wanna have a problem? Have a problem with the SIZE of the kit.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

Wanna have a problem? Have a problem with the SIZE of the kit.

Why would someone have a problem with the size of the kit? Is it less clothes than whats usual in a kit?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member

This outfit sold me on the kit.

Me, too. Malcomb Laandgrab and Alexander Goth are screaming with excitement in my head right now. I had intended to kill them in my current game, now I have to play them instead. They are going to become partners in crime, I think.

Initially I was disappointed, but then my imagination took off into orbit! $5 is a small price to pay for that. :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,916 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    I had intended to kill them

Only in The Sims does this not raise any eyebrows. 😄
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Try not to get so antsy about one little skirt, guys? Now a family-man can strut in style! You'll look super-cool when winter comes.

It’s not one little skirt. There are 4 different short skirts in the promo images and a short dress.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    babajayne wrote: »

It’s not one little skirt. There are 4 different short skirts in the promo images and a short dress.

Oh that's a good catch! The skirts were so similar, or mainly the length of them was so similar, that somehow I imagined there was only one though there are clearly more since the meshes are different.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,972 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    So I saw some pics about the IRL clothes and looked into them. The yellow shirt is almost $1,000

i don't know but i very much dislike when they crop and put holes on winter clothes cause as northern human.... why would you do that :fearful:

also it doesn't even particularily look hot to warm me up to it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,024 Member
    17458865_36495188_1000.jpg
    This Stefan Cooke outfit is thousands of dollars IRL. Please let this be in the kit, so my male sim can dress like an elementary school girl in France.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017