Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which mod can you not live without?

Comments

• Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,108 Member
    If I could only choose one mod, it would be MCCC. The amount of control it gives me over my sims and my world is too important for me as a control freak.

NPCC - I hate random townies spawning. I make my own NPCs for my world and use NPCC to prevent any from spawning. It also allows me to assign roles manually and disable lot and region locks on certain roles so that I don't need to have 40 sims in my world being waiters; I'd only need 3 to cover all my restaurants. It makes it where I can focus more on quality and not quantity when I make NPCs for my world.

I have been debating subscribing to the patreon to get this mod. What happens when those waiters die of old age?
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,378 Member
    I use a ton of mods, many of which I consider important for the way I have fun (which is all very storytelling and creative project based play).

But the one mod I absolutely must have is UI Cheats Extension. I use the drag-able needs bars all the time for storytelling. I drag them both up and down, to make things happen when I want them to. Without that, I can't play the way I enjoy playing.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Slice of Life mod by Kawaii Stacie and a couple of adeepindigo's mods to include illnesses and doctor's appointments. These have been game changers for me.
  • Options
    CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    MCCC, it's way too useful and it makes my sims world feel so much more alive.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    The only mod I use is WW. I could probably live without it, but my gameplay would not be nearly as funny
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    If I could only choose one mod, it would be MCCC. The amount of control it gives me over my sims and my world is too important for me as a control freak.

NPCC - I hate random townies spawning. I make my own NPCs for my world and use NPCC to prevent any from spawning. It also allows me to assign roles manually and disable lot and region locks on certain roles so that I don't need to have 40 sims in my world being waiters; I'd only need 3 to cover all my restaurants. It makes it where I can focus more on quality and not quantity when I make NPCs for my world.

I have been debating subscribing to the patreon to get this mod. What happens when those waiters die of old age?

@aaronrulz If the waiters die, then NPCC will replace the role with someone else in town or I could assign someone else manually if needed. Basically, NPCC will use NPCs from your town to fill any needed job. For example, if you go to the gym and you haven't assigned a gym trainer, NPCC picks a NPC from your town for the job instead of the game randomly generating a new sim.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    MCCC, of course, for slowing down time and story progression mainly, but for so many other things as well.

That said, if it's in my mods folder, I likely consider it something I can't live without. I don't just throw mods in willy-nilly, I read about them and research them before I ever put them in my game. Then if they don't do what I want, I take them out. So I have a LOT of mods, but they all have their place. My top five after MCCC are probably
    • Meaningful Stories by Roburky.
    • Have some personality, please! by Polarbearsims.
    • Peterskywalker's weather mod from MTS. It makes Willow Creek seem more like Louisiana.
    • More traits in CAS and add traits menu thepancake1/mizoreyuki/chingyu Three traits are not enough.
    • Srsly Complete Cooking overhaul.

But I wouldn't want to give up the multiple mods I have by Lumpinou, adeepindigo, or Simrealist either. Or the multitude of fixes and tweaks by LittleMsSam and Bienchen, or any of the rest. I'm an addict LOL.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    If I had to pick just one it's MCCC.

But my top mods I can't live without are Meaningful Stories, Language Barriers, MCCC and is it cheating to say 'everything by Littlemssam'?
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I can't choose who gets the top spot so MCCC and Best Mod ever (aka cant name it here) will have to share.

I have couple other unmentionable mods that get honorable mentions, and Pose Player as well. Great for my storytelling since the ingame poses are always too extra for my liking.
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    The modnI refuse to live without would be MCCC. I actually don't have many mods inmy game or cc. The other mods I use are playable pets mod and no sick, sad, dirty etc pets mod.
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    MCCC is definitely one of those mods that has so many settings... some you didn't even know you wanted until you see it... that it has something useful for pretty much every Sims player. I can definitely see why it is mentioned over and over when this topic comes up.

I have a lot of mods and each one has a place in the way I play my game. They add new jobs, new interactions, new personality, and new depth to school, relationships, life, and death. I wouldn't as thoroughly enjoy playing with one missing.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I don't have many Mods, I played a completely vanilla game until this past June. Of the ones I do have, my Top 5 are; UI Cheats Extension, a couple I can't name, T.O.O.L. by TwistedMexi and Build Mode FreeCam also by TwistedMexi. Honestly, I could happily play without any of them, except one I can't name by Zero, which incidentally was my first Mod and started my downfall to the dark side... or UI Cheats Extension. It's a tie really, love them both! Actually I wouldn't want to play without any of my Top 5, or the other small ones I have by Bienchen either. I could, but it wouldn't be as much fun. :)

I haven't tried MCCC yet, but I might at some point in the future. I know it does a lot more than just story progression, but I don't care about or need that since I usually only play with one household per save. I play a lot of challenges, but mostly NOT the Legacy type. Honestly, besides story progression, it seems UI Cheats Extension and both Mods I can't name can do most things MCCC can do. At least all that I need for my particular gameplay style. Not putting down MCCC, it sounds wonderful! I'm just not ready to tackle such a monster of a Mod yet. :)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2021
    Plumbeeb wrote: »
    Probably NPCC, since there's no option to disable random townies in the game settings.

Same, I can't deal with random townies in random outfits everywhere, it really just ruins the game for me.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,188 Member
    MCC no contest. Before I found out about this mod I had already given up on Sims 4. Uninstalled it, never intended on playing it again and instead just attempt to keep playing Sims 2 and 3 until the end of days. Honestly, if this mod died Sims 4 as a whole would be dead to me.
  • Options
    ImagebearImagebear Posts: 46 Member
    All the bug fix mod, I can live without cool features added by mod, but I need my game to work properly.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    I use quite a few mods by both LittleMsSam and bienchen, important mods to me to play the way I want to. I have several not to be mentioned because I'm old enough, but the most important is of course, MCCC. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,995 Member
    I don’t use CC or mods now. But when they stop updating the sims for I may put at least MCCC in.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2021
    I've never used any mods listed. The only one I tried for TS4 was the school mod. It was good but I found going to school daily with my Sim was boring. But the mod worked exactly as it was supposed to work. I might have stuck with TS4 if I had used the mods listed. But the vanilla game leaves a lot to be desired, like depth. I would assume that is why so many use the Better Stories mod and the MCC mod because of the lack of depth and logic.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    I actually only use one mod for the simple reason that I don't feel like keeping track of too many mods with the amount of updates we are getting. But the mod I use I could not and would not want to play without is MCCC. The main reason I use it is to slow down the in-game time, because I like to take my time with playing and it has really changed the whole game for me. Originally I downloaded it to have households bigger than 8 sims, although I am now not using this option anymore as huge households meant I can focus on individual sims less. But this mod just comes with so many options to customize your game, eg set custom lifespans, story progression and more. I also frequently use MCCC while playing. For example I can give townies quick makeovers without entering CAS, I can make townies leave a lot, I frequently change the weather for a certain amount of time which is quite practical if your sims are on vacation but it is supposed to rain the whole time. Sometimes I will make random townies (or extended family) pregnant. Or if vampires show up at my door at night, I will punish them by humanizing them :D
    This mod seems quite intimidating as there are so many options and I am sure I have only explored half of them, but I would highly recommend to anyone who has not tried it yet.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    edited November 2021
    Peppers wrote: »
    I actually only use one mod for the simple reason that I don't feel like keeping track of too many mods with the amount of updates we are getting. But the mod I use I could not and would not want to play without is MCCC. The main reason I use it is to slow down the in-game time, because I like to take my time with playing and it has really changed the whole game for me.

Then I will look forward to putting in MCCC. :)
    I used the time feature of the Master controller mod back with TS3 and it made a huge difference in enjoyable game play for me.

I don't know why EA does not allow us to adjust the flow of time.
    The time system is based on the base game only. We have had so much content since then and lot of things to do.
    I like to achieve several things in a sim day since there is so much to do now.

If I have my sims vacationing in Komorebi, I would like to have some skiing in the morning, a relax at the Onsen, dinner at the restaurant I put there, and a night cap at the karaoke bar, while not feeling so rushed to get through it all.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    My must have mod is UI Cheats. I use it a lot when making movies, otherwise it would no be possible. I might also use it to cheat on needs etc if my sim is very close to achieve something and the bladder suddenly go all red. Letting my sims using the toilet is okay when playing their everyday, but not when exploring the jungle or trying to get married etc. Sometimes other achievements are way more interesting than handle a red bladder... I normally have just 1 simday per 2 simyears to explore stuff per house, so I need to focus on the right things, which UI helps with.

Another mod I could probably not live without is the remove-white-outlines-when-pointing-at-anyone-or-anything. The outlining that was there from the beginning was about to drive me crazy. I much prefer to feel I'm in the game, than watching it from across the room as a distant cartoon. Those lines made it impossible for me to feel connected to my game, and I was surprised EA did not give us the option to turn them off from day 1.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    There are so many mods needed to keep this game playable for me..
    MC Command Center
    Aspiration Overhaul
    Whim Overhaul
    UI Cheats
    Simulation Unclogger
    Less Musical Chairs

There's a few more, but I think these are the main ones.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,956 Member
    I don't use mods. Maybe one day I will.

• Options
    skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    The one I wouldn't play the game without is MCCommandCentre.
  • Options
    Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    skybird14 wrote: »
    The one I wouldn't play the game without is MCCommandCentre.

This game is almost impossible to p[lay w/o it. Fortunately the latest update didn't break it.