Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which mod can you not live without?

Thanks to one of the members comment on my "how do men play women sims", I'm compelled to ask which mod can we not live without? I've got running MC Command, Explore, faster eating and drinking, doorbell mod, NPCC, Wonderful Whims, Lumpinous Mood pack, and Risky Woohoo. I can't put the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 mod on because it's so big with all of the animations my computer starts to lax and crash more often. But if there was only one mod that I could have, it would be the MC Command mod. It turns me into God. Now I can setting realism settings that would take too long to go into. If you have it, you know what I mean. So I ask the members, which mod can you not live without? Hmm!!

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,926 Member
    edited November 2021
    If just one, then MCCC.

If more:
    MCCC , more columns in CAS, UI Cheats and NO RANDOM.
    And something else we cannot talk about in here :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    There have been other threads like this (possibly fairly recently, if I recall correctly), but my answer is still the same. I use several mods that I consider must-haves (a few of which we're not allowed to discuss here), but MCCC is the only one that I consider absolutely essential and will never play without. Well, except for testing purposes, that is, but that's not quite "playing." :lol: Twisted Mexi's All-Cheats is high on the list, too, along with quite a few mods by LittleMsSam and Bienchen.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I don't play with massive game-changing mods—I'm just not into all the maintenance that mods require on a still-actively-updating game—but without the bug-fixing mods from Simvasion I'd find the game a lot less fun.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    So MCCC it is. I liked the little sams live in maid mod for TS3, but it won't work for me on TS4.
  • Options
    If just one, then MCCC.

If more:
    MCCC , more columns in CAS, UI Cheats and NO RANDOM.
    And something else we cannot talk about in here :)

Yeah that something else is Voldermart (shhh) from Harry Potter.
  • Options
    I don't play with massive game-changing mods—I'm just not into all the maintenance that mods require on a still-actively-updating game—but without the bug-fixing mods from Simvasion I'd find the game a lot less fun.

Simvasion. Hmm!! Gotta check them out.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Probably NPCC, since there's no option to disable random townies in the game settings.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited November 2021
    I am really mod light as I don't really want to get into them until this game is done and no longer updated.
    But I have to have the Shorter Teens mods because I can't accept the given teens as teens. They still come off as young adults with a teen label to me. My mod makes them seem more like TS2/TS3 teens.

I tried a chemistry and attraction mod, wonderful whims, UI cheats and an Improved whims mod. I have yet to try MCCC.
    My short time with them was fantastic, but I still don't want to be bothered with updating process whenever a new patch happens.
    I will wait, as I will probably find myself playing TS4 well into TS5's lifespan. It may be that I never buy TS5, depending on what EA does with it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    UI Cheats.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I don't even know what it's like to play Sims 4 without MCCC. I don't want to find out either.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited November 2021
    Hard for me to just pick one so I'll just list the most important ones (so far).

MCCC by Deaderpool. Nraas Master Controller (+ StoryProgression) for TS3 is a MUST have for me and this is similar to that. I like being able to tweak little things and make the game a bit more challenging and interesting.
    Meaningful Stories by Roburky. Never liked how the Emotions system makes most of the sims act in the same bipolar way with not much of their core personality showing. This one makes the system feel way more organic and actually gives the emotions meaning. No more yo-yoing between different moods like crazy.
    WhimOverhaul by Bienchen83. Essential for me. Vanilla whims are a complete dud for they even stopped doing anything with them. This mod adds a tons of whims and makes them actually relevant to a sim's personality/mood. No more "buy some random object" whims.
    Vampires Can Kill by Zero. I really love the whole "risk vs reward" element this brings to vampire gameplay. Especially with my main vampire who has the Insatiable Thirst weakness and who used to just Compel for Deep Drink all willy-nilly (minus family members) but now that there's an actual chance of it killing the victim, he's making more conscious decisions on his hunting habits. Of course, the mod also allows you to just play a bloodthirsty vampire who deliberately chooses the deadly options. Really loving it.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    MCCC; Road to Fame and I've also been enjoying Replace 28 day seasons with 21 days. I can live without this third one, I just don't wish to. I also prefer SNB Bills over the vault system. Can't very well bring a huge vault to Uni.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    If I could only choose one mod, it would be MCCC. The amount of control it gives me over my sims and my world is too important for me as a control freak.

There are a couple other mods that are really important for me, and it would be very hard for me to enjoy the game without them.

NPCC - I hate random townies spawning. I make my own NPCs for my world and use NPCC to prevent any from spawning. It also allows me to assign roles manually and disable lot and region locks on certain roles so that I don't need to have 40 sims in my world being waiters; I'd only need 3 to cover all my restaurants. It makes it where I can focus more on quality and not quantity when I make NPCs for my world.

Fitness Controls - It drives me mad how quickly sims gain and lose muscle/fat. Eat one cupcake? Bam! Your sim gained 10lbs! Go to the gym? Bam! You're Captain America now! Of course, I'm exaggerating... a little. Fitness Controls allows me to slow down weight and muscle gain and loss. It also allows me to prevent non played Sims from ever gaining or losing. When my sims live in San Myshuno, the NPCs would eat nonstop and gain massive amounts of weight. Now they can just eat whatever they want and not gain weight at all.

Less Intrusive Conversations - I can't express how much this mod makes me happy. I've always hated random sims joining in on conversations uninvited. This mod makes it where random sims won't join in my conversations.

Simvasion has a mod called Chat Greeting Tweaks that I absolutely love. If my sims are already sitting down, they don't get up anymore to hug or kiss their loved one; They'll stay seated and just wave instead. It makes it so much easier for me to get my sims to stay seated.

I could go on and on about all the mods I think are essential for me, but then I'd probably list too many. I tend to use mods that tweak game design choices and behaviors I find annoying.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    MCCC, UI Cheats and Whim Overhaul; I use a good few more that add to gameplay and my enjoyment of the game but if push came to shove, I could do without those. Not the first three though.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited November 2021
    I could go on and on about all the mods I think are essential for me, but then I'd probably list too many. I tend to use mods that tweak game design choices and behaviors I find annoying.

Agreed...I have a bunch of small mods in the game that just tweak things that drive me up the wall. I've played enough vanilla to know what bugs me and what doesn't.

MCCC is the #1 for me but as far as the smaller mods go, if I had to get rid of all of them the two I'd miss most are "Don't Eat Food Where You Angry Poop" and "Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop." Nothing else in the game sparks incandescent, irrational rage in me like watching a sim walk across a house and up two flights of stairs to prepare a salad on a bathroom counter.

• Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Bienchen’s Whim Overhaul.

Honorable mention: Remove Sims from Conversations by thepancake1 and MizoreYukii.

But we should not need either of these to enjoy whims and get rid of creeps.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I don't play with mods currently, but I do still support Deaderpool MCCommand on Patreon because I plan to use it again one day when patches slow down and I don't have to keep updating. (That might be sooner rather than later, I've been really wanting some changes in my game.) So that's definitely the go-to for me. I love the risky woohoo and risky vampirism tweaks and the customization options. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    1. MC Command Center - DeaderPool
    2. UI Cheats Extension - Werbeesu
    3. (Cannot mention)
    4. Have Some Personality Please! - PolarBearSims
    5. Meaningful Stories - roBurky
    6. Live In Businesses - LittleMsSam
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    - The McTuner module of MCCC (take autonomy from almost any interaction)
    - NoPrerollAutonomy by plzsaysike (nukes the random interactions sims do during loading screens)
    - AOM Controlable Pets (partially broken)
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Zerbu's All Worlds Residential and AOM's Playable Pets.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2021
    Definitely Mccomand for the sole reason that it slows down time and needs. Been playing on slow time for years. My sims have so from freedom to live life instead of just worrying about needs and time speeding before I could do anything.

That's why I understand some players want to speed up things such as eating. But speeding up everything is not the solution. I don't want to play a game on fastfoward where everything is rushed and animations are reduced to a few seconds. The solution (imo) is to slow down time a bit. Or either offer faster and slower options.

Anyway, don't know if I could play without this mod.
    Pose player is a close second. Helps me live out all of my role play dreams like putting a cheer leading team or dance group together using custom animations and custom music. Opens up a lot of Fun creative ways to play.

I have other mods but I think I could still enjoy the game without them. Though I do have a deep love for custom traits. Since I feel like we are sorely lacking them. Especially negative/interesting one.

I have this once custom cute trait. Sims can "say something cute" and other cute things. And other sims think they are sooooo cute. It's just so perfect for my adorable sim😇😇😇
    In contrast I have a scary trait that makes sims scared of that sim. I gave it to my evil ugly vampire and when he "vampircly runs by" the lot all the sims get scared I love it lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    There are two mods I can't live without now:

UI Cheats Extension - Weerbesu
    Better Build/Buy - Twisted Mexi
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    I gotta look up Twisted Mexi
  • Options
    Definitely Mccomand for the sole reason that it slows down time and needs. Been playing on slow time for years. My sims have so from freedom to live life instead of just worrying about needs and time speeding before I could do anything.

That's why I understand some players want to speed up things such as eating. But speeding up everything is not the solution. I don't want to play a game on fastfoward where everything is rushed and animations are reduced to a few seconds. The solution (imo) is to slow down time a bit. Or either offer faster and slower options.

Anyway, don't know if I could play without this mod.
    Pose player is a close second. Helps me live out all of my role play dreams like putting a cheer leading team or dance group together using custom animations and custom music. Opens up a lot of Fun creative ways to play.

I have other mods but I think I could still enjoy the game without them. Though I do have a deep love for custom traits. Since I feel like we are sorely lacking them. Especially negative/interesting one.

I have this once custom cute trait. Sims can "say something cute" and other cute things. And other sims think they are sooooo cute. It's just so perfect for my adorable sim😇😇😇
    In contrast I have a scary trait that makes sims scared of that sim. I gave it to my evil ugly vampire and when he "vampircly runs by" the lot all the sims get scared I love it lol.

Mc Command is running away from the comp.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Egureh's No Autonomous Rude/Flirty/Enchanting Introductions mod at MTS
    https://modthesims.info/d/537857/no-autonomous-rude-flirty-enchanting-introductions-update-2021-08-15.html

MCC