Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Kit and Game Pack Refresh Coming

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I know it won't happen, I know, but I would love the kit to be outdoor sports with mini-golf being one of the sports.

As for the GPR, I think it can be agreed that it probably is a Spa Day rehaul because of the placement of 'refreshing' in the marketing but I would love a Dine Out overhaul too.

Dine Out is in serious need of a major overhaul, on the edge of rebuilding. I read somewhere it is Spa Day. Whopeee... Not.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I hope they give the sims from packs before Seasons a Cold and Hot Outfits. That way when a new game is started they won't be wearing some whacked-out outfits. Those without Seasons just would not be able to see them in their game until they add Seasons.
    Hot and Cold weather outfits are a basegame feature anyway, they just don't have any use without Seasons.

One can always use them to expand the number of outfits in other categories. Really adds to my options in a non Seasons game.

That's true, and as a non-Seasons player I found the cold weather outfits essential when visiting the snowy areas of Mt. Komorebi.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    Archie128Archie128 Posts: 94 Member
    Still no announcement about what they are? It's already August 24...
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I hope they give the sims from packs before Seasons a Cold and Hot Outfits. That way when a new game is started they won't be wearing some whacked-out outfits. Those without Seasons just would not be able to see them in their game until they add Seasons.

I use hot and cold weather outfits as spares to put on when I'm bored of my sim's regular outfit.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    What is it?

When is it coming?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    What is it?

When is it coming?

We don't know. :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    What is it?

When is it coming?

We don't know. :)

Lol, spoke too soon. New Kit coming Thursday 8/26

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/993329/new-kit-industrial-loft-available-august-26#latest
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    All that I referenced is pack compatibility. It would be one of those thing they used to do in TS2, which was if you own this pack, then it gets the new functionality of the newer pack you bought, like scout activities, skiing, rock climbing, boating, skating rink spawners off lit like in other worlds, etc.

sure, but may not be quite as simple to implement, rock climbing and skiing need specific world elements to function, so they would have to edit the world of OR quite heavily and not only that but make it different depending on whether you have a pack or not, just seems a bit much to me...but hey, I could be wrong obviously.
    It's not like I dont think that would be great, I just dont think they'll do it.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Outdoor Retreat does need refreshing especially since it is the oldest pack and even when it came out, it wasn't that impressive. I hope we get swimming spots there.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    I do hope it's OR that's getting the refresh. I enjoy the pack but also find the world boring. It'd make such a difference to be able to swim in the water (because I always have to make my own fake ponds out of pools), and I'd love to see a similar hiking system from SE implemented. Your sim can already go on a little hike around the world, but I never do it since again it's pretty boring. Being able to walk around with a group would be much more enjoyable. And I'd like to see cuddling under the stars, please!!

Also like the video said, I agree I'd like to see the insects appear in worlds other than just Oasis Springs. I always found it weird (and a little annoying) that they didn't appear anywhere else. It kept me from using the herbalism stuff since I didn't want to travel every time I needed supplies. Plus, I just want to be able to catch insects out and about for fun.

Also (and I doubt it would happen) I wish, if we have pets or even cottage living, that actual wildlife would appear. The people in bear costumes was funny at first, but now I just wish we had real animals around the world... It'd be cool to actually have a real bear but I doubt that'll ever happen unfortunately :(

But I do agree about wanting family owned restaurants for DO. It was probably my biggest disappointment about that pack. And with cottage living they did introduce family cooking so idk... But I don't think DO needs a full "refresh" like OR does. I think just regular updates and patches would do the trick.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    lexibee wrote: »
    I do hope it's OR that's getting the refresh. I enjoy the pack but also find the world boring. It'd make such a difference to be able to swim in the water (because I always have to make my own fake ponds out of pools), and I'd love to see a similar hiking system from SE implemented. Your sim can already go on a little hike around the world, but I never do it since again it's pretty boring. Being able to walk around with a group would be much more enjoyable. And I'd like to see cuddling under the stars, please!!

Also like the video said, I agree I'd like to see the insects appear in worlds other than just Oasis Springs. I always found it weird (and a little annoying) that they didn't appear anywhere else. It kept me from using the herbalism stuff since I didn't want to travel every time I needed supplies. Plus, I just want to be able to catch insects out and about for fun.

Also (and I doubt it would happen) I wish, if we have pets or even cottage living, that actual wildlife would appear. The people in bear costumes was funny at first, but now I just wish we had real animals around the world... It'd be cool to actually have a real bear but I doubt that'll ever happen unfortunately :(

I agree with all of this but even if they add wildlife like foxes & rabbits etc. & I really hope they do, I sincerely hope they keep the sims in bear costumes because honestly they still make me chuckle. I just head canon them as the campground mascots.

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

Yes! I hope it's Outdoor Retreat! More bugs, group hiking, real bears, a new challenge and swimming please.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    I do love seeing all the speculation in this thread :smile:

The anticipation is palpable!
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png