Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Kit and Game Pack Refresh Coming

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I hope the kit will be something more interesting than just more building items.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I hope the kit will be something more interesting than just more building items.

Since we just had the Moroccan set, I think this will be a CAS or Gameplay kit.
  • Options
    elissaaaaelissaaaa Posts: 4 New Member
    I honestly don't mind which pack the refresh but it would be nice to see dine out or parenthood!
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    I hope Dine out gets the refresh, it badly needs it. As for the kit, I usually don't buy them, but pool items, romance items (with new interactions in base game) or game stuff would be nice.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Dine out doesn't need a refresh, it needs to be fixed. In my mind, at least, there's a difference.

A refresh means bringing old gameplay systems into synch with newer gameplay systems, maybe adding things to an old pack that weren't possible when it was released, and otherwise giving it an update.

None of that is really needed with Dine Out (for the most part) it just needs a good exterminator to get all the bugs (at least those that aren't more the result of overly cluttered builds.)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2021
    bixters wrote: »
    The Sims 4 turns 7 years old on September 2 so maybe the pack refresh then. 🤔

Maybe they're refreshing Outdoor Retreat since it was the first Sims 4 pack released.

I hope so as I dislike that pack the way it is now and it is one of my worst packs other than CL which I dislike more.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Dine out doesn't need a refresh, it needs to be fixed. In my mind, at least, there's a difference.

A refresh means bringing old gameplay systems into synch with newer gameplay systems, maybe adding things to an old pack that weren't possible when it was released, and otherwise giving it an update.

None of that is really needed with Dine Out (for the most part) it just needs a good exterminator to get all the bugs (at least those that aren't more the result of overly cluttered builds.)

I think it needs a refresh. As proven by vet clinics, they know how to let your family work at these institutions now. That was one of the number one complaints when Dine Out launched and I want it revised to allow for proper family restaurants. Plus, there is all sorts of culinary things to add to it. Dine Out has nectar as a bar drink, but what about proper nectarology?
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »

I think it needs a refresh. As proven by vet clinics, they know how to let your family work at these institutions now. That was one of the number one complaints when Dine Out launched and I want it revised to allow for proper family restaurants. Plus, there is all sorts of culinary things to add to it. Dine Out has nectar as a bar drink, but what about proper nectarology?

Fair points. I don't like employee management, so I hardly play with Restaurants (or stores) as an owner. I don't know that my opinion would change if I could use my sim's family as employees, but I can see how it would be appealing to others.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 thanks for letting us know. I wonder what the kit will be.

When does this season ends according to someone in the state where the devs live? Here it is generally said summer end on September 21st, so that would still be quite a while.

California is no different (seasonally speaking) than the rest of the world. Fall begins on the date you listed. But, it all depends, really, on what the devs consider, and what deadline they set for themselves, no?

As for what's coming, I'm both at once, excited and leery. It's taken way too long for me to fully resume gameplay due to the three months in a row of patches. As soon as the mods I use get updated or are deemed compatible, BOOM we're hit with yet another patch. Oi! While I do appreciate the Devs being on top of the fixes with patches, still, it is wearisome. I play my game to relax and right now the World is on fire. Just hearing on my radio (local news) there's been a shooting in my city. Yikes. Time to power up my game and lose myself to the Sims, for a bit.

Are you in Plymouth? I heard about a shooting there. Here in the US, a friend/neighbor's car got hit by crossfire last week in the afternoon as she was driving home from some errands; cracked her windshield (she's getting it replaced tomorrow).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2021
    I would love a Midsummer night's dream game pack with fairies and satyr. Kit will probably be a chore like mowing.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    well that gif is certainly showing sims holding their noses and jumping into water, but I guess it's just meant to be summery instead of being a hint?
    Whatever pack they refresh I am very interested to see what such a refresh entails, I agree that OR is pretty darn boring but I dont really know what they could do to it other than actually adding more and new stuff, not quite sure if that is what a refresh is supposed to do tho.
    From what I heard it maybe SpaDay tho that is getting the refresh...weird choice but ok.
    Scobre wrote: »
    I would love a Midsummer night's dream game pack with fairies and satyr. Kit will probably be a chore like mowing.
    omg, "mow that lawn" kit :D
    I hope not, I'd rather get some nice new CAS or BB items.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I think pool stuff is pretty obvious from the video, and that would obviously make sense for a summer pack. (And it would make more sense before Labor Day.) I would guess Thursday next week, since they wouldn't want to risk a patch that horribly breaks the game right before the holiday. (And that has happened - I'm talking 'break' in terms of 'crash to desktop', not 'all my Sims are drinking water and it breaks my immersion'.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    jackofallgames07jackofallgames07 Posts: 12 New Member
    I hope it's Outdoor Retreat, but it is probably Spa Day.

For the Kit, I hope it's Build/Buy related.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    well that gif is certainly showing sims holding their noses and jumping into water, but I guess it's just meant to be summery instead of being a hint?
    Whatever pack they refresh I am very interested to see what such a refresh entails, I agree that OR is pretty darn boring but I dont really know what they could do to it other than actually adding more and new stuff, not quite sure if that is what a refresh is supposed to do tho.
    From what I heard it maybe SpaDay tho that is getting the refresh...weird choice but ok.

One thing that maybe could do since it’s not a residential world it may not mess up existing saves, is make some of the bodies of water swim-able. But honestly other than that I don’t know. I like that pack it relaxing to take my sims to the woods, and my spell casters foraging for ingredients.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member

Yes, we have Laundry Day and now Bust the Dust, so what is the next chore they could give us? Lawn Mowing seems to follow on naturally from Laundry, to Dusting/Vacuuming, to Mowing. Unless they gave us "Floor Mopping" :s or Cars, so then we would have "Car Wash".

If they ever did give us mowing, I would hope for a scythe, or at least a push mower for off-the-grid types.
  • Options
    ElizaGraceElizaGrace Posts: 9 New Member
    I really hope that the kit isn't another one for build/buy, I wanna see more CAS or gameplay first.

I hope that the refreshes mean updating/expanding old gameplay and potentially adding new gameplay. Based off their phrasing, I don't think it's just bug fixes, and if it is then there's literally zero point in differentiating it from a normal bug fix patch.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

I would love family to work at them so my cooks can actually open their own restaurant, but what I REALLY want is stay at home businesses. I LOVE the idea of having a home above a bakery or a restaurant.

My favorite movie Kikis delivery service takes place at a home business. Downstairs is the store front bakery and upstairs a cute cabin cottage home
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Isharell wrote: »

Yes, we have Laundry Day and now Bust the Dust, so what is the next chore they could give us? Lawn Mowing seems to follow on naturally from Laundry, to Dusting/Vacuuming, to Mowing. Unless they gave us "Floor Mopping" :s or Cars, so then we would have "Car Wash".

If they ever did give us mowing, I would hope for a scythe, or at least a push mower for off-the-grid types.

Don't most lawnmowers use fuel? It should work off the grid.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member

I would love family to work at them so my cooks can actually open their own restaurant, but what I REALLY want is stay at home businesses. I LOVE the idea of having a home above a bakery or a restaurant.

My favorite movie Kikis delivery service takes place at a home business. Downstairs is the store front bakery and upstairs a cute cabin cottage home

Honestly, I made them anyway. I put homes above and below retail businesses in particular. Unfortunately, families in retail stores would often disrupt each others' "living" because those actions were deemed inappropriate for a community lot, but it worked beautifully for one or two Sims. In those cases the residential lot could act as a second home or workshop or something. Or just be ignored.

I'd appreciate a proper system, though. I think the problem is lot behaviours and triggering/carrying them out properly, but they clearly had to think of some sort of solution to have vet clinics how they are.
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    I can't even begin to guess what it could be, but if it's pool related could we please throw pool parties?!
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Isharell wrote: »

Imagine they give us cars and the only option on it is to wash it. haha...ya know what, I'd probably still be happy with that ngl.

For OR, they can add a bunch of stuff that's already in the game. Like swimming in lakes for starters. They can add boating and the ability to use the jet skis and floats. They can add rock climbing. Different types of camping food...and let them have cookpots over the campfire. They could add the RV or trailer type and give them tent functionality. They can have scout activities or even a new party type for scouts. They could have tasks to complete like collecting things, knitting/cross-stitching, being helpful, etc. There can be skiing or ice skating in the winter. They can sing around the campfire. Maybe they can add a new vacation type of summer camp and have kid skilling objects so your kids are encouraged to skill.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I saw DrGluon play Lawn Mower Simulator, so may have been influenced by that. XD There is a Powerwash Simulator game out now too. Dishwashing, mopping, and pruning bushes and trees could be possible for chores too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I hoping for a kit with a small telescope and microscope. Also I hope they're refreshing Outdoor retreat. We'll see, I guess.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    I had a dream last night that the kit was about... Cushions... Upon waking up I was like "ok brain sure whatever"
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I had a dream last night that the kit was about... Cushions... Upon waking up I was like "ok brain sure whatever"

I wouldn't mind a kit about cushions... :blush:

I really like the concept of kits, but I haven't liked any of them enough to want to buy then yet. I think because of the price, I'm a little more fussy.