The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Kit and Game Pack Refresh Coming

Comments

• caconionscaconions Posts: 23 Member
    I'm guessing Spa Day would be the one refreshed...
    Caco (pronounced as 'cha-cho') | she/her | a cat lady that loves onions
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    I would love a Midsummer night's dream game pack with fairies and satyr. Kit will probably be a chore like mowing.

Yes, we have Laundry Day and now Bust the Dust, so what is the next chore they could give us? Lawn Mowing seems to follow on naturally from Laundry, to Dusting/Vacuuming, to Mowing. Unless they gave us "Floor Mopping" :s or Cars, so then we would have "Car Wash".

If they ever did give us mowing, I would hope for a scythe, or at least a push mower for off-the-grid types.

Don't most lawnmowers use fuel? It should work off the grid.

True, and I really wasn't thinking about that. When I think about off-the-grid play I think about really hard-core play, like using the scrub bucket and clothesline for washing clothes. If/when I decided to play otg I'll make my poor sims work! >:) If you are really waaay out in the boonies fuel for a lawn mower might not be readily available. Also, a scythe (and possibly a push mower) would be great for historical players. I still dream of a medieval pack...
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    well that gif is certainly showing sims holding their noses and jumping into water, but I guess it's just meant to be summery instead of being a hint?
    Whatever pack they refresh I am very interested to see what such a refresh entails, I agree that OR is pretty darn boring but I dont really know what they could do to it other than actually adding more and new stuff, not quite sure if that is what a refresh is supposed to do tho.
    From what I heard it maybe SpaDay tho that is getting the refresh...weird choice but ok.
    I would love a Midsummer night's dream game pack with fairies and satyr. Kit will probably be a chore like mowing.
    omg, "mow that lawn" kit :D
    I hope not, I'd rather get some nice new CAS or BB items.
    I saw DrGluon play Lawn Mower Simulator, so may have been influenced by that. XD There is a Powerwash Simulator game out now too. Dishwashing, mopping, and pruning bushes and trees could be possible for chores too.

We have dishwashing and mopping already. We also kind of have pruning by way of the bonsai bush.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    A Mow the yard kit would be different, shows where the yards
    been cut, a shade lighter, and make it a teen chore. :)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,938 Member
    I had a dream last night that the kit was about... Cushions... Upon waking up I was like "ok brain sure whatever"

I've actually been wishing for some decorative cushions to place on those uncomfy looking sofas in the game but yeah i don't think id make it a kit thing id probably add it with something like sewing to spawn some gameplay into the concept
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Hoping the kit is something that gives us more male CAS and gameplay items.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I hope it's a curtain kit. A left, right, and center curtain with a blank pole. I'd love it if they attached together and could be moved like the DHD shelves. And include a few styles for modern, traditional, and cheap. This games curtains are mostly awful or oversized.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I read somewhere a week or 2 ago that the refresh is for Spa Day. A guru was cited, but I forget which one.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 701 Member
    What is there to refresh in Spa day?
  • GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I hope it's a curtain kit. A left, right, and center curtain with a blank pole. I'd love it if they attached together and could be moved like the DHD shelves. And include a few styles for modern, traditional, and cheap. This games curtains are mostly awful or oversized.

This honestly needs to be patched into base game. That, and recolors for counters, especially those cheap ones.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

Yes, we have Laundry Day and now Bust the Dust, so what is the next chore they could give us? Lawn Mowing seems to follow on naturally from Laundry, to Dusting/Vacuuming, to Mowing. Unless they gave us "Floor Mopping" :s or Cars, so then we would have "Car Wash".

If they ever did give us mowing, I would hope for a scythe, or at least a push mower for off-the-grid types.

True, and I really wasn't thinking about that. When I think about off-the-grid play I think about really hard-core play, like using the scrub bucket and clothesline for washing clothes. If/when I decided to play otg I'll make my poor sims work! >:) If you are really waaay out in the boonies fuel for a lawn mower might not be readily available. Also, a scythe (and possibly a push mower) would be great for historical players. I still dream of a medieval pack...

Push mowers are pretty common again - I've got one. Loads of people in my downtown neighbourhood have them. Not only are they better for the environment, they're quieter. People aren't going to complain if you're using them on an early Sunday morning when it's still cool outside.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    What is there to refresh in Spa day?

That's what I thought. Spa Day is one of the better packs.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    For OR, they can add a bunch of stuff that's already in the game. Like swimming in lakes for starters. They can add boating and the ability to use the jet skis and floats. They can add rock climbing. Different types of camping food...and let them have cookpots over the campfire. They could add the RV or trailer type and give them tent functionality. They can have scout activities or even a new party type for scouts. They could have tasks to complete like collecting things, knitting/cross-stitching, being helpful, etc. There can be skiing or ice skating in the winter. They can sing around the campfire. Maybe they can add a new vacation type of summer camp and have kid skilling objects so your kids are encouraged to skill.

I am not sure if the can make swimming in existing worlds possible, they said it would break existing saves (dont know if that only includes residential worlds tho).
    Rock climbing is a feature of SE, same as skiing and is tied to that world and that pack, it would be kinda unfair to people who maye bought SE for these features if OR basically gets them added for free.
    Scouts are part of seasons, tho that could be added through pack compatability where it is only possibe if you also own seasons.
    Ice scating can already be done, just place a ice scating ring from seasons on one of the lots.

I just doubt that they will actually add any new stuff, and if so then probly not as much as people expect.
    I can maybe see them better pack compatability overall, through little things...and maybe tweak how some things work to optimize better performance, since they added new mechanics that werent there when alot of the packs came out.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 thanks for letting us know. I wonder what the kit will be.

When does this season endsaccording to someone in the state where the devs live? Here it is generally said summer end on September 21st, so that would still be quite a while.

For a lot of Americans, summer ends on Labor Day, which is also around the time that school starts and when the sporting calendar switches to "fall sports" like football as the NFL and college seasons start. Likewise, winter starts not quite on the solstice (for most folks, Christmas marks the switching point), spring tends to start with the beginning of baseball season at the end of March/beginning of April, and summer starts on Memorial Day. Of course, this means that the seasons aren't all the same length, but culture is funny like that.

The traditional East Asian calendar (which you'll see reflected in games like Harvest Moon and the My Time series) has the equinoxes and solstices at the midpoint of their seasons, so for example, spring starts in the first week of February, the equinox is in mid-March, and then summer starts in early May, which would make the start of fall in early August, which is usually right around when the weather starts to cool down and the days get noticeably shorter.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I want pools and pool accessories (and clothing) you can also use at a lake.

An expansion pack I’d like revamped is get famous with a bigger town… Game pack dine out, Stuff Pack Tiny Living… I want the single bed made into a regular double and a bunk bed version (or the glamour packs)
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    For OR, they can add a bunch of stuff that's already in the game. Like swimming in lakes for starters. They can add boating and the ability to use the jet skis and floats. They can add rock climbing. Different types of camping food...and let them have cookpots over the campfire. They could add the RV or trailer type and give them tent functionality. They can have scout activities or even a new party type for scouts. They could have tasks to complete like collecting things, knitting/cross-stitching, being helpful, etc. There can be skiing or ice skating in the winter. They can sing around the campfire. Maybe they can add a new vacation type of summer camp and have kid skilling objects so your kids are encouraged to skill.

I am not sure if the can make swimming in existing worlds possible, they said it would break existing saves (dont know if that only includes residential worlds tho).
    Rock climbing is a feature of SE, same as skiing and is tied to that world and that pack, it would be kinda unfair to people who maye bought SE for these features if OR basically gets them added for free.
    Scouts are part of seasons, tho that could be added through pack compatability where it is only possibe if you also own seasons.
    Ice scating can already be done, just place a ice scating ring from seasons on one of the lots.

I just doubt that they will actually add any new stuff, and if so then probly not as much as people expect.
    I can maybe see them better pack compatability overall, through little things...and maybe tweak how some things work to optimize better performance, since they added new mechanics that werent there when alot of the packs came out.

All that I referenced is pack compatibility. It would be one of those thing they used to do in TS2, which was if you own this pack, then it gets the new functionality of the newer pack you bought, like scout activities, skiing, rock climbing, boating, skating rink spawners off lit like in other worlds, etc.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2021
    I hope they give the sims from packs before Seasons a Cold and Hot Outfits. That way when a new game is started they won't be wearing some whacked-out outfits. Those without Seasons just would not be able to see them in their game until they add Seasons.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I hope they give the sims from packs before Seasons a Cold and Hot Outfits. That way when a new game is started they won't be wearing some whacked-out outfits. Those without Seasons just would not be able to see them in their game until they add Seasons.
    Hot and Cold weather outfits are a basegame feature anyway, they just don't have any use without Seasons.

• highfivehannahhighfivehannah Posts: 18 Member
    I know it won't happen, I know, but I would love the kit to be outdoor sports with mini-golf being one of the sports.

As for the GPR, I think it can be agreed that it probably is a Spa Day rehaul because of the placement of 'refreshing' in the marketing but I would love a Dine Out overhaul too.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    SimGuruNinja talked about the 'last days' of Summer so that sounds like they might be counting the end of August as the end of Summer?

They're probably associating the "end of summer" with kids going back to school (end of summer holidays for the kiddies)...?

Ah, yes, but some kids here in the U.S.A. have already gone back to school in August.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    My kids went back to school at the beginning of August and it's still over 100 degrees here until late September.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    When do you think they'll announce which pack they're refreshing? I'm looking forward to finding out, regardless of which pack it is.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member

Lawnmovers move mostly by necessity, due to long gras and they can be fueled by electricity, gas or simply sweat from ones back!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Hot and Cold weather outfits are a basegame feature anyway, they just don't have any use without Seasons.

One can always use them to expand the number of outfits in other categories. Really adds to my options in a non Seasons game.