Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What small update would make a big difference for you?

Comments

• Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    If they added new venues such as convenience stores, game arcades, tennis courts, and multi-purpose community lots.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    My list:

*more relationship options in CAS
    *townie generator limiter
    *multiple selector option for deleting households in household management
    *no hideous animation for shoe removal
    *put eating speed back to what it used to be
    *freezing of current sim relationship levels when not being played, ie friendships and romances do not decrease whilst you are playing elsewhere
    *freezing of uni progress if household is left part way through a semester
    *remove autonomous fetching of glasses of water
    *option to toggle off accessories for npc sims
    *option to select any sim for hiring at owned business
    *option to invite over whole household
    *lot trait to allow toddlers to visit with families not currently being played
    *option to save/share outfits as CAS presets
    *option to hide/unhide any outfits/hair/accessories from the catalogue
    *option to create custom collections in build buy
    *option to invite any sim known to anyone in the household to parties
    *get leftovers to have menu for choosing which leftovers
    *adding a divider to fridge storage - a 'safe area' where food can be stored and not autonomously removed by hungry sims
    *separate bed and mattress selectors
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Spiral staircases and loners to actually receive less phone calls. Loners wouldn't want to go to a crazy party or visit every festival.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Being able to set the have a delete all button in the manage world screen. Now that we have a your household and unplayed household tabs. I just want to be able to delete all npc from the unplayed tab with 1 single click. As it is now, it takes so long to set up a save as I delete everyone who will not fit my gameplay for that save.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited August 2021
    Usually I would say Body Hair when asked this question, but I have CC for it now. I still would LOVE for it to be in the game instead. I'm loving all the suggestions, some fantastic ideas! Two other 'small' things that I think would make a big difference, at least to me, would be the ability to use any floor tile for ceilings as we could in TS2, and last but not least, doorbells! It's frustrating my Sims miss SO many visitors because they don't hear them knock from being too far away from the front door. :|
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,399 Member
    Add relationship scores (numerical values) so we see what score out of 100 our relationships are.
    Add back Lifetime vs Daily relationship.....why was this ever removed? Don't fix things that don't need fixing...
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Plumb0b_ClairePlumb0b_Claire Posts: 63 Member
    1 - An option in CAS to remove all clothing, accessories etc across all outfit types. It be so helpful when you want a clean template to work with. There's a mod for this though: https://floopi.tumblr.com/post/655111792962551808/a-couple-ppl-wanted-it-which-is-good-enough-for

2 - Yellow school bus and work vehicles. If the devs aren't going to introduce cars at all. They could at least add the school bus for students and a work vehicle to pick up sims. Adds a touch of realism instead of seeing sims walk into the middle of the road and disappear. :|

Here's my response to what I think will add depth to the basegame in the Sims 411 - Forum Feedback!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959481#Comment_17959481
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Clock faces that actually told the in-game time.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Story progression toggle so Sims don't constantly generate. I would love Sim bios too. I heard modding UI is the most challenging thing to do. I wouldn't mind stamps on Sims like create a pet so you can draw on Sims like freckles, body hair, discoloration, moles, custom tats including eyebrows and makeup, and scars. Sims carrying bags in CAS would be nice too. We do need new underwear and swimwear for all ages. A blender would be nice. Fence lights would be too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Glist_exeGlist_exe Posts: 1 New Member
    As it's 2021 I wouldn't mind an option on the phone as a child ages up to maybe switch genders without cheats maybe? If I could so much as have a non-binary option that's just a mix of male and female clothes I would be happy.
    (and someone please fix that horrible boob shadow when female assigned sims wear masculine clothing it is horrendous)
  • Options
    Gonnawin1111Gonnawin1111 Posts: 495 Member
    i think if there would be like a "put everything in inventory" button in build mode that could be helpful
    heyyyy i'm v ツ I'm Gonnawin1111 on the gallery too. My bestie is hymnhehim/hymnofheroes/milo ツ I love using smileys like : ) but on the forums they become :)
  • Options
    ElizaGraceElizaGrace Posts: 9 New Member
    I'd really like to be able to lock makeup, glasses, and piercings for every outfit in CAS
  • Options
    ElizaGraceElizaGrace Posts: 9 New Member
    @GrimlyFiendish it would be awesome to have full, or at least more, interactions with all of the NPCs!
  • Options
    EDWEDW Posts: 4 New Member
    Make it so that dogs actually eat their dog food and actually sleep in their dog beds, so they don't get taken away all the time.
  • Options
    caconionscaconions Posts: 23 Member
    > @Patrice said:
    > Hello All Simmers!
    >
    > Don't know about you all,
    > Would Spiral staircases be to big of
    > an update? Please, thank you,

At this point, spiral staircases are a NEED. I miss them so much :'( One thing I would like is for NPCs to stop randomly joining conversations. I just want my sims to have a great date :s
    Caco (pronounced as 'cha-cho') | she/her | a cat lady that loves onions
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited August 2021
    1. Add the ability to order more than one pizza at a time.
    2. Sims need to take better care of their babies. I don't even add babies to households I'm not playing any more because the Sims does not take care of them unless something has recently changed. Example 1: I visit a house and the baby is crying. It will take the Sims a long time if at all to go and take care of their babies needs. Example 2: I went to visit a Sim and everyone in the household was sad and there was an empty baby bassinet. I then went into the household to see why everyone was so sad and why this baby bassinet was there. I don't have mods only CAS cc in my game. Now Eco Lifestyle does have this option when you get a phone call about if a Sim should try for a baby. Yet, I never received a notice for this household. They were all sad because the baby was taken away due to neglect. Number 1, they should not have had a baby in the first place. Number 2, they should have taken better care of the baby so that the baby was not taken away. This household has a mom, dad, adult daughter and her son (child), so there is no excuse for this to occur.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    They were all sad because the baby was taken away due to neglect. Number 1, they should not have had a baby in the first place. Number 2, they should have taken better care of the baby so that the baby was not taken away. This household has a mom, dad, adult daughter and her son (child), so there is no excuse for this to occur.

Interesting. I play with autonomy off and yet if I visit other worlds/lots with a Sim and leave the rest of the household home with a baby or toddler, they will take care of him/her. I can see the baby or toddler icon changing colour to show they have a need, but then turn normal, so someone must have taken care of them. Also, Sims who are supposed to go to work will go to work, those who are supposed to go to school will go to school. (I don't use mods either, not even CC)
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    They were all sad because the baby was taken away due to neglect. Number 1, they should not have had a baby in the first place. Number 2, they should have taken better care of the baby so that the baby was not taken away. This household has a mom, dad, adult daughter and her son (child), so there is no excuse for this to occur.

Interesting. I play with autonomy off and yet if I visit other worlds/lots with a Sim and leave the rest of the household home with a baby or toddler, they will take care of him/her. I can see the baby or toddler icon changing colour to show they have a need, but then turn normal, so someone must have taken care of them. Also, Sims who are supposed to go to work will go to work, those who are supposed to go to school will go to school. (I don't use mods either, not even CC)

From my item #2, I'm only talking about babies. Yet, I'm going to test this to see if anything has improved.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I wish they’d add a “mermaid” relationship tag for mermaids, it’s annoying that it seems like they’re the only occult that doesn’t have one. Like do vampires/spellcasters just introduce themselves with their names and ranks? I’d also prefer it if sims could just know if a sim was a mermaid or not, but that’s not as important. I want every single household I play to know about mermaids without needing to track down a bunch of special shells.
  • Options
    edited September 2021

From my item #2, I'm only talking about babies. Yet, I'm going to test this to see if anything has improved.

@TARDISgrade Nope, it is still the same when it comes to babies. Perhaps the majority don't even have babies in a non-played household or they age them up right away. So, I can see why this is still the same. When I took out my CAS cc, repaired my game for safe measures and started a new game, this is what I discovered which is the same.
    1. I visited two houses with a Baby (one with new parents that had no parenting skill and the other that had level 10 parenting skill. The Sims only interacted with the Baby if they cried. For the new parents, it took them longer to address the baby's core concerns (feeding and changing a dirty diaper) and sometimes one of them did not but the other parent eventually figured it out. The parents with higher parenting skill addressed the baby's core needs right away which makes sense.
    2. If the crib was in another room and the baby was crying in the night due to hunger or dirty diaper, the Sim never woke to address that need. If the crib was in the same room as the parent, the parent would eventually wake up and address their needs. A couple of times the warning notice came up: Mia is very hungry! Without a feeding soon, this baby will be taken away.

Since I'm not giving non-played households babies anyway, no need to address this unless they are making changes to the babies anyway. Also, if they add story progression to the game, I hope there is a toggle to keep this off because I'll never use this feature.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Here are some more items items:

Simple Pearl Earrings for my Toddlers.
    Hair-6.jpg

Diamond Earrings. CC creator: Natalis. Princess cut stud earrings and 4 prong basket stud earrings
    Diamond-Earrings.jpg

High heel shoes with lots of swatch choices. CC creator: Sentate. CC creator: Mai for the Sassy Pump recolors. CC creator: Madlen for the Teofil Shoes and the Alma Shoes
    High-Heel-Shoes.jpg
    HIgh-heels.jpg
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    A hybrid of story progression where what happens on an actively played lot counts but stuff doesn't happen off-camera. If sims are making friends (or enemies) or using skill objects where I can see them (double especially if my sim is mentoring them, like at the gym), I want that stuff to persist.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I want a better system of transferring items from one played household to a sim in another household. Ideally, I'd like to either buy a postal box (or click the mail box) and mail a bunch of items from one sim to another, so that when I load the next household they have the items from the other sim. The retail system only lets you control it from one end (either as customer or shop owner; I don't need NPCs buying all my stock when I want playables to buy it). The gifting option takes so so so many sim hours if it's more than one item, and transferring sims between households to access inventory is unnecessarily complicated. I just want to build a proper sim barter-based economy with craftables and I can't do it efficiently.

Also copy/paste accessories and makeup across clothing categorie in CAS.
  • Options
    SimsplayingpersonSimsplayingperson Posts: 5 New Member
    it's very tiring to put on the makeup and accessories again for each outfit. So can we have an option to duplicate the makeup and accessories for each outfit
  • Options
    ikirkleyikirkley Posts: 21 Member
    For Build Mode:
    - Custom thumbnails for gallery items (because why do I need a thumbnail for that top of chimney you think is a room?)
    - Set light intensity/color in build mode
    - The ability to put any item on any surface and override snapping to specific spots (how does that small plant NOT fit on a shelf, and why does that table not support a TV or radio?!?)
    - Relax the boundary restrictions of all items (really, I can't put that thing close to this other thing/wall without using a cheat?). I guess with this and the last bullet, just have greater flexibility to place things without bb.moveobjects required.
    - And on the same thread, I want to utilize space under stairs! I want an under-stair bathroom, or Harry Potter's room! Now THAT's Tiny Living...
    - If those awesome hanging plants in debug would actually snap to the ceiling, and maybe not need a cheat to use them.
    - Half-walls clip roofs, and roofs snap to height of half-walls (could make actual skylights)
    - I think folks have mentioned changing the color of ceilings/under-roofs, but +1
    - Mirrored versions of tub/shower combos (because sometimes I want the spigot/drain on the other side)

For Live Mode:
    - Sims can get in/out of the side of a double-bed that's against a wall

For Create-a-Sim:
    - +1 for persisting makeup/accessories across outfits
    - Expand the limits of facial feature size/position just enough to make Sims a little more varied (or ugly)
    - Ability to position glasses properly