Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What small update would make a big difference for you?

Comments

• ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    Better resize. No more too small/too big rug
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    The tall mirrors that stick to a whole wall tile... I wish we could put things in front of them, like tables and stuff, without moveobject.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited December 2021
    CAS: hability to create and edit family trees.

CAS: better ways for selecting tabs. I want to be able to filter clothes that are BOTH sport outfits and for cold/hot weather. Right now tags just add all sportswear and all cold weather outfits. Same ​for sleepwear, party outfits and formal wear.

BB: usable under stairs stuff like storage or a toilet and sink you could slot in staircases.

BB: extending wallpapers to other floors like you can do with columns. Many look really weird when you have openings to the floor below either because of skirting boards or because wallpapers have different coloration on the top and the bottom.

BB: tool for mirroring bathtubs and showers.

BB: season selection like we have a daytime selection. Also lights on/off switch and light colour selection in BB.

Gameplay: a toggle to disable occult gameplay: alien pregnancies, vampires, magic casters, Sulani magic, mermaids. I know some simmers love occult gameplay but it's not my cup of tea and I find it annoying when vampires rush around, sims get abducted and pregnant or someone invokes a lava bomb in my active household.

Gameplay: a toggle for random phone calls. A toggle for the welcome wagon.

Edit:
    Other: hability to delete screenshots and photos in game. Every time I deleted a picture it made EVERY SINGLE PICTURE unusable.
    Post edited by Nushka on
    Happy simming!
  • RiotJess17RiotJess17 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been thinking that an option for a multi-family lot would be great. It would still be played as a single household, much like a room-mate type situation, so there would still be the same 8 Sim limit, however there would be options to assign Sim-specific Entry Door/Front doors, allowing for a more functional duplex style build or Next-Gen build where your individual Sims will each enter the house in their respective areas.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2021
    I saw this concept on Twitter, and although it's only a small thing it's so sweet and I think it'd add another element to the game which would make it feel more 3 dimensional. I feel like it really compliments the animated cartoon look the game has too
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Bug fixes, bug fixes and more bug fixes. Sorry, that is three things.

I went offline just before CL dropped and had a somewhat stable game. There were irritants for sure, but I have now upgraded and frankly its carnage.

One example:
    I mentioned the tea obsession in the irritant thread in GD. Well, I have finally deleted that object - one of my previously favourite game objects.

I also now have the look sideways bug and that mixed with the tea maker was the final straw. I had a sim in a small kitchen who was looking sideways when washing up. I moved all other sims out the vicinity and put that sim to work washing another dish.

The teamaker is on a counter directly behind the sim washing up. When the sim started washing up her head was waggling back and forth like a disturbed animal in a zoo - ugh. Yup, as soon as soon as she finished washing up, she was straight at the teamaker.

This little episode nearly made me rage quit.

There is so much stuff I would love added to this game, but I would much prefer them to take a breath and and just have some time to tidy some of the basic bugs and irritants. All the common bugs are listed elsewhere so not going to do a list here, but I have experienced and read about the same ones that go back to the game's launch.

Probably not going to happen, tho' :(
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    So glad we got farming content! I love little things like the farming, raising animals, and getting more recipes and more hobbies (like cross-stitching), so I am pretty happy with those additions.

Besides bug fixes (always going to be a thing for these games lol), I would love for some more romantic interactions and some more gameplay for children and more generations-gameplay.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited January 2022
    I would love an expansion of the family tree. Also be able to make someone an aunt, uncle, grandma and so on in CAS.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    edited January 2022
    RiotJess17 wrote: »
    I've been thinking that an option for a multi-family lot would be great. It would still be played as a single household, much like a room-mate type situation, so there would still be the same 8 Sim limit, however there would be options to assign Sim-specific Entry Door/Front doors, allowing for a more functional duplex style build or Next-Gen build where your individual Sims will each enter the house in their respective areas.

@RiotJess17 I really like your ideas. Being able to lock/unlock a door for a specific sim who isn't part of the household would really be dope. In the meantime, you can do more or less what you want with a duplex, as follows

Build a lot with the two families' areas accessible by different doors (or have a common hallway/lobby/porch with separate doors to the separate areas)

Have the family you want to play be the family that owns the lot
    Lock both front doors
    Unlock the other unit's door for roommates only
    Add someone as a roommate
    Immediately assign a bed in the other unit to the roommate.

I playtested this and it works pretty well. The only limitations are if you have friends over, you have to unlock your door to let them in, and the roommate might come in then as well. Also, if you like hanging out with the roommate in your unit, there's no way to ask them to "go home" to their unit afterward, you have to wait until they get tired and decide to go to bed. (Or I guess you could lock your bathroom and then wait for them to need to use theirs, and then lock the door... ooooor a more normal thing to do would be to socialize in their unit instead :D )

Another limitation: the roommate can't be a married couple or a family. So no "kids upstairs who play with my kids" relationship or anything like that. You could have multiple single roommates sharing the second unit though.

gen3-banner.png
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    More family stuff tbh like expanded family tree stuff and just in general more roles like girl/boyfriend etc
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • boneethuggboneethugg Posts: 15 Member
    crazy sims, like serial killers that aren't me that just spawn randomly

Maybe a actual working prison

I also wished they would take away the random showing up to my house to hangout.
    or if they had cars like sims 3 and a open map where you could run into town from your house, I don't like the loading screens.
    I want sims to be able to fold clothes and use washer and dryers.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    adding more appliances and furniture like more choices in kitchen appliances retro to now 1950 style to 2022 top load washers with matching dryers retro and modern 1950 to 2022 laundromat lot to name a few
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • EneroDesyembreEneroDesyembre Posts: 64 Member
    A patch that makes it so sims don't throw their slablets onto the ground after they use it would be so good
  • elishaknightelishaknight Posts: 12 New Member
    I would like to have my retail store open with the lice cold refrigerator. customers will not show up when it's on the lot (yes I removed all of my mods and the same issue occurs)
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Hear me out: a household cookbook, kinda like the restaurant menu, where we can select what food our sims have access to while cooking.

We set it once, and no longer have to scroll through everything at every meal to find something appropriate for the family with dietary restrictions etc.
    happyopi wrote: »
    Hear me out: a household cookbook, kinda like the restaurant menu, where we can select what food our sims have access to while cooking.

We set it once, and no longer have to scroll through everything at every meal to find something appropriate for the family with dietary restrictions etc.

H*ll yes! Might even help the lag on the monster-sized list popping up as well.

While they are at it, be great if the could fix the bug so sims can queue at the fridge and so they don't fail and then run all over the place to cook frank and beans on every available BBQ. Micromanaging breakfasts for a house full of sims every morning is beyond tedious. That would be a real sweet small update, IMO
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • ClarisseTan7ClarisseTan7 Posts: 19 Member
    Unrequitted love so that the pink relationship bar will not be mutual
    edited March 2022
    Unrequitted love so that the pink relationship bar will not be mutual

I was dearly hoping that it would be in the wedding pack, when it was announced that something romance themed was coming along. But, sadly not :(

I suspect that it would require a reworking of the relationship system and so if we ever see it at all, it is likely to be a basegame update - wouldn't that be nice? :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • ClarisseTan7ClarisseTan7 Posts: 19 Member
    ^ And it could cause bugs as usual
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Playable babies
    Spiral Stairs
    Color Slides for hair & clothing
    Heartshape Bed
  • AryanaSkyAryanaSky Posts: 4 New Member
    Ability to travel without shifting focus.

For example, say Bob and Eliza are at home. You want to send Bob to the gym, but you don't need/want to watch him work out. You would rather stay home with Eliza during that time. Currently, you would have to first go with Bob to the gym (one loading screen), then immediately switch control back to Eliza (another loading screen).

When your household only has 1 sim, I'm fine going everywhere with them when they travel. But if you have 2+ sims and one isn't traveling...it'd be great if we could choose who to stick with (and thereby avoid unnecessary loading screens).

That seems like a small enough ask to me. After all, the reverse is already possible; when not on your household lot, you can choose to "send home" just one. When they (eventually) disappear, you go or stay depending on which sim you're controlling at the time.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    happyopi wrote: »

I like this idea! It would be a great way to give different families different food customs as well.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    A small thing that would make a big difference for me would be making male sims' facial hair something you could set on a per outfit basis, like you can with hairstyles. Sometimes I want a sim to have a scruffy look for certain outfits and a clean shaven look for other outfits, and the way CAS currently treats facial hair does not let me do this.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".