Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What small update would make a big difference for you?

Comments

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    I wish NPCs won't interrupt my Sims on date.

Yes! The ability to kick unwanted npc sims out of private conversations would be an extremely welcome update!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Freeing babies from their bassinettes and offering us ACTUAL CRIBS for them to climb in and out of as toddlers.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    From an aesthetic point of view, body hair for sims.

From a more functional point of view, a few tweaks in the Settings / UI:

1) For the "include custom content" box in the library search to stay ticked until I untick it, so I don't have to tick it all the time.
    2) For a toggle to the "Sim Story" for those who don't want it as the default starting state in CAS.
    3) An option to hide the "Your pictures can be found here" message that pops up every time I take a screenshot. It fills the notification wall so quickly and it's a real nuisance when you take a lot of pictures.
  • mxHJDmxHJD Posts: 7 New Member
    A little something that I’d love to see is to do with the ‘upgrade’ option on most appliances around my sim’s home. When an item is fully upgraded, I find it strange that the ‘upgrade’ option is still there when you click on the item? It irritates me. Why have that there? To show all of the greyed-out upgrades I’ve already applied? I think it would help to streamline the game a bit and make it feel a bit tidier if the ‘upgrade’ option stopped appearing once an item was fully upgraded. Interestingly, the washing machine and drier already do this, but items like toilets don’t. I know it’s a little thing, but it does get on my nerves and I’d love to have it dealt with.

My other little bugbear that I think could be easily fixed it to do with the ‘assign bed’ function. Why is it so difficult to remove an assigned sim? Shouldn’t this happen automatically if they move out or die? It’d be really nice just to be able to shift-click on the bed and see an option to ‘clear bed assignment’, because ‘reset object’ doesn’t do the trick!! I know if I assign a sim who’s still in the house to it, it will be overwritten, but it’s a bit inconvenient, and I’m fed up of assigning my sim to her child’s bed each time a child moves out, and then reassigning her to her original bed. It just feels a bit unnecessary.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Give me the option to change or add more relationships in CAS. Make it possible to create, for example, my Sims Grandmother without having to create Mother/Father as well.

I'd like to lock a Sims skills, so they always stayed a bad/low level cook or whatever.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    BB: Having the option to keep any door permanently swung open.
    CAS: A body hair category same as @bizuktag wrote.
    Live Mode: The ability to forget learned skills and lock it at the same level so it never progresses as @Isharell mentioned.
    :smile:
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    An ability to buy clothing (and I don't count stores from GTW because you can buy only outfits from mannequins) and an option to wear only clothes you've bought, maybe in a form of a challenge, like Simple Living.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    All eye colors available regardless of human or particular occults.
    Height slides & body hairs for teens & up.
    Having the Merman net top available for females.
    Mermaid Scales top available for all wear categories.

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I'd like some more attention to making curtains more useful on the outside edges of some corner windows where sometimes they won't go on but end up on the outside of the house. We need more single curtains too and possibly some single curtain nets for old type houses for downstairs bathrooms!

• KiTh_97KiTh_97 Posts: 41 Member
    edited July 2021
    Wish they could provide us with a map showing the relative positions of the worlds. That should reflect in the travel time to make it more realistic.

For example, Mt. Komorebi must be a region in a foreign country when you are in Willow Creek, so it should take 2+ Sim hours for a Sim to travel there.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Freeing babies from their bassinettes and offering us ACTUAL CRIBS for them to climb in and out of as toddlers.

Am I the only one that doesn't want cribs for toddlers? When I was a toddler, I was in a bed.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited July 2021
    My most wanted feature is a way to totally control non played sims.

If you aren't opposed to mods I believe there is a mod out there to control non played sims.

I'd like more family and relationship options in Create A Sim when we are creating a household. Especially if you're doing a smaller household. Also the option for larger than 8 sims per household and longer name options.

When I had a game where Morgyn and Simon got married I had to use MCCC to have their names as a hyphenated surname. I like hyphenated surnames for my sims. They had lots of kids so I had to use MCCC again for them to have 10 kids at one point in the household because of them constantly trying for a baby and I had to change the maximum household size to 12. I normally don't play more than 4 sims per household but occasionally I do play larger households. Even though I don't normally play the 8 sim household I will create them to beautify the game and replace ugly townies that are annoyances and have zero fashion sense. Being able to have a larger household for that purpose would be a helpful option. Especially if we can choose the option to have a max household of 8 10 12 etc.

I'm also a fan of giving sims hyphenated names when they marry especially with same-sex marriages in my game. Sometimes the surname is just too long and I have to use MCCC to be able for my sims to have longer names for them.

Patrice wrote: »
    Hello All Simmers!

Don't know about you all,
    Would Spiral staircases be to big of
    an update? Please, thank you,

I've wanted spiral staircases for the longest time and vaulted ceilings along with the ability to paint ceilings in the game.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    Increasing the crowd limit so that many Sims can watch the Star Accolades
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    To fix the issue I have in my game with unwanted guests coming into my home like it's some hotel or something. And they bake an excessive amount of cakes, use my computer, garden my plants, play music badly offtune like that dang violin.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I have several wishes.

1. I want to be able to place residential lots in Selvadorada and Granite Falls so my sims can live there.
    2. To save my own styled looks.
    3. This might be a major addition to the game, but I want collections back like Sims 3 has. I want the ability to make and organize my own B/B and CAS categories so I have quick access to my most favourite or most used items.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I have several wishes.

1. I want to be able to place residential lots in Selvadorada and Granite Falls so my sims can live there.
    2. To save my own styled looks.
    3. This might be a major addition to the game, but I want collections back like Sims 3 has. I want the ability to make and organize my own B/B and CAS categories so I have quick access to my most favourite or most used items.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I want an attraction system.
    They can copy and paste what was done in the sims 2.
    It's getting harder and harder to choose a SO for my sim. I want them to choose 😂
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Set in which world the sim was born as some sort of trait.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    1) Fix the vampire "Command > Sit" power.
    2) Fix the autonomous "Go Here as Bat" for NPC vampires.
    3) Add "scared" to the list of emotions available with 'Surge Emotion' (Snowy Escape) and 'Emotional Influence' (Vampires).
    4) Add Food preferences (include drinks), and for vampires, add different plasma types as preferences, then make it give them a boost to thirst replenishment for their preferred type.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited July 2021
    improved babies and cars, so people can stop complaining about them not being in game and we can move on to more important things like werewolves, fairies and improved permanent plant sims.
    Personally something to do with relationships, would be great to woohoo more than one person at a time, I wonder what it would be like to have a girl on each arm and a threesome romance would be great, Riddle me this what do you call a three person couple? The Answer
    A Throuple.
    edited July 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    While I agree, I don't know how they'll pull that off, it's literally a bare chest beneath the net, while I for one support the free the nipple movement, sure it might sound misogynistic simply because I'm a guy, but come on it's not a big deal, everyone has them even guys like me, but hey that how society works, it's built around lies and double standards, why not just rebuild society from scratch rather than stick to the status quo and cling to the normalcy of a bygone era, a nuclear winter would be perfect around this time of year.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    While I agree, I don't know how they'll pull that off, it's literally a bare chest beneath the net, while I for one support the free the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ movement, sure it might sound misogynistic simply because I'm a guy, but come on it's not a big deal, everyone has them even guys like me, but hey that how society works, it's built around lies and double standards, why not just rebuild society from scratch rather than stick to the status quo and cling to the normalcy of a bygone era, a nuclear winter would be perfect around this time of year.

...Or just add starfish underneath or seaweed covering the areas.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    ...Or just add starfish underneath or seaweed covering the areas.
    that works too.
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    Better whims and Sims doing more interesting things (like picking up a new skill) autonomously.