Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 Cottage Living Negativity thread.

Comments

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited August 2021
    logion wrote: »
    I wish that there was more than just one Community lot in the town in HoB. I keep visiting the same pub every time I want to visit the town to go shopping or sell groceries. I'm thinking of replacing the other houses in the town with community lots but the area around them looks more like an area for normal houses.
    It’s a pity you can’t make a general store. Some of the village stores I’ve been in were redesigned houses. Selling postcards, ice creams and oddments.
    Depending on the size of the house, it could get cramped if a crowd came in!

You absolutely can. I have a couple living in the house where the Scotts used to live, and they own a retail shop that I converted from Claire Siobhan's house into a combined grocery/takeaway shop. It's cute to see them walk across the little square between their house and the shop to open up for the day.

All I did was basically take down the walls to the bedrooms, and put in a counter with a register, retail coolers for individual produce, and shelves for flour, sugar, candles, honey, jam, etc., all set for sale. Eventually I'll probably hang cross-stitching on the wall for sale. Extra inventory is stored in the little loft upstairs. Then for the takeaway portion, I locked the interior door to the kitchen, so that only the owners could go in, so you won't have customers making meals for themselves or drinking water constantly. Then I put in one of those bakery glass front shelves to bar access to the kitchen appliances from that direction. Left in the little cafe table so customers could buy their food and sit and eat there, and also put in a picnic table in the front. It turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself.

ETA: To be honest, I still find it somewhat more convenient for my locals to buy groceries from the stalls, because they usually also need to sell their own goods and do errand interactions with the stall owners. But the little shop is great as more of a tourist shop for my sims from other worlds.
    Post edited by Amapola76 on
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Plopsy is ruined for me at least since Cottage Living.

I used it to get the items made using the herbalism skill but now either there seems to be less buying options or the Cottage Living items are dominating the marketplace.
  • Options
    TikaaniaTikaania Posts: 65 Member
    Hi, how do I get rid of the brown mark on my Sims face? I went into head shape in Cas, but it is not working. The head shape makes the middel of the face white and the rest brown.
  • Options
    Plumb0b_ClairePlumb0b_Claire Posts: 63 Member
    > @Pamtastic72 said:
    > The bulk of the pack’s animation budget went into the animals according to SimGuruPopcorn when asked about cows being abducted by aliens.
    >
    > https://twitter.com/simproved/status/1418683358385786881?s=21
    >
    > https://twitter.com/simgurupopcorn/status/1418730163706109957?s=21
    >
    > https://twitter.com/luddysimmer/status/1418733124511436810?s=21
    >
    > So that’s why canning was included in cooking, and those items can be used as ingredients for other recipes in game.

Sigh, this would have been so hilarious. Just imagine your cow being abducted and after being returned it would produce a unique milk. :o
    Here's my response to what I think will add depth to the basegame in the Sims 411 - Forum Feedback!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959481#Comment_17959481
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    Sigh, this would have been so hilarious. Just imagine your cow being abducted and after being returned it would produce a unique milk. :o
    Lol, it would have been hilarious, but then there would be people clamouring to have it removed cos they don't want their cows abducted.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Plopsy is ruined for me at least since Cottage Living.

I used it to get the items made using the herbalism skill but now either there seems to be less buying options or the Cottage Living items are dominating the marketplace.
    I feel like there are less buying options too. I’m also getting a lot of placemat drawings on mine now, like seriously why would I want those?
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    So far my biggest issue is the lots are so glitchy and slow to run. Albeit I have a low end laptop so I’m used to glitchy gameplay but it seems bad with this pack. Even playing offline isn’t helping.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    So far my biggest issue is the lots are so glitchy and slow to run. Albeit I have a low end laptop so I’m used to glitchy gameplay but it seems bad with this pack. Even playing offline isn’t helping.

I’m not sure it’s just you’re laptop. I was watching James Turner let’s play, and he was having FPS drops in the new town as well. It seems to be a problem with the neighborhood that might be effecting a lot of different computers.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »

I’m not sure it’s just you’re laptop. I was watching James Turner let’s play, and he was having FPS drops in the new town as well. It seems to be a problem with the neighborhood that might be effecting a lot of different computers.

That’s interesting as I’m playing in the village square part of the world and the house is one of the starter homes so it’s not got much clutter etc in either to lower the FPS rate like a lot of bigger lots do which I usually expect.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,258 Member
    edited August 2021
    That's sad the studio didn't try to make something better than this black hole in the animal shed.

Draw a background

5y5zwnT.png

CAS new content... Maxis no longer tries to do the job seriously

ne7pff4datpj.jpg
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 439 Member
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,024 Member
    I don't like a lot of the guys' clothes. They're too bulky and make my sims look fat. I know sweaters and stuff aren't known for being form-fitting, but nearly all of the clothes make my sim look pear-shaped.

Wild rabbits are kind of lame, too. I really wish we got them as a proper farm animal.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,723 Member
    edited August 2021
    That's sad the studio didn't try to make something better than this black hole in the animal shed.

ne7pff4datpj.jpg

Those pants should have been sent back to the dev team by their QA team. They are tagged for female but look horrible on a female body frame. A pair of masculine pants from this pack on the female body frame are broken too, you can see holes in the body.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Has anyone else mentioned the "fruit tree" next to the festival area in Fenchwick?
  • Options
    > @MidnightAura said:
    > I completely agree about the fairs. I mean I think all the sims 4 festivals are meh so I shouldn’t be surprised but the new ones are lame. Once you submit your entry you wait and watch a bunch of sims dancing. Boring.
    >
    > My cow also came third in the cow competition. But there was only two cows in the competition.

I think this is where cut scenes would be amazing. Having a camera pan across all the participants with what they've entered and stop at the winner and the mayor handing a ribbon/trophy of some sorts. This could avoid the dancing and make it a bit fun.

Perhaps an update is needed to make sure all slots in the fair are filled. Makes it appear busy too.

Sorry to hear your cow got third, when two were entered. :'(
    Here's my response to what I think will add depth to the basegame in the Sims 411 - Forum Feedback!
  • Options
    skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    The more gameplay I watch on this pack the more disenchanted I get. This was the first pack in years that I was genuinely interested in too, but the actual contents seem so shallow when you consider the price tag.
  • Options
    I love Cottage Living. I thought it would be the pack to make me play again.

After petting my Llama, Fred (don't judge), a dozen times things felt flat. And a lot of the stuff became very repetitive. The game play feels boring, and I hate to say it because I love the sims. I'd love it we had different breeds of cows, bulls and even calfs too. I wish rabbits could have been pets too. So many missed opportunities.

But I'll give credit where credit is due: the world is beautiful, the CAS and Build/Buy items are wonderful and I am amazed at the mesh edits with the CAS items that creators have been making! So that is always a positive. :D
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,723 Member
    edited August 2021
    skelebee wrote: »
    The more gameplay I watch on this pack the more disenchanted I get. This was the first pack in years that I was genuinely interested in too, but the actual contents seem so shallow when you consider the price tag.

I thought the same from watching videos, after I bought the pack I have to say that it's much more fun to play than to watch, I was pretty critical about the errands because watching people do them on Youtube was very boring but playing them myself I kinda like them, mostly because I have them in the background of other stuff I'm doing.

I agree about the amount of content for the price tag though, especially since there are great looking debug items in this pack, but Maxis never made them actual items so you have to go into debug mode to use them and the Finchwick fair could be way better as well.
  • Options
    kikimoonshinekikimoonshine Posts: 4 New Member
    I like the idea of having Sims either receive grocers via hand delivered, also you can send your Sim to a groceries "Store" via a Rabbit Hole, but we need ACTUAL stores, not just rabbit holes it would be so cute to have a whole store dedicated to this, and owning one would be a blast in a half. I want to actually go with a Sim and get food, grocers, and everything else

Also I get the Lama is the whole deal with Sims but what about Sheep's? It's not that hard to make sheep's, and why can't we have horses? There are so many things wrong with the animals. Like I get it they can't place everything in but at least give us horses!
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    logion wrote: »

ne7pff4datpj.jpg

Those pants should have been sent back to the dev team by their QA team. They are tagged for female but look horrible on a female body frame. A pair of masculine pants from this pack on the female body frame are broken too, you can see holes in the body.

You should look at the female kimono's in SE, they're broken like crazy. Like they always make the female sims who wear them look like they're hiding a tire under there. Like I know that kimono's and yukata's hide the female figure, especially when layered, but not that much. :-/ So many broken clothing rigs, they really need to pay more attention.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member

ne7pff4datpj.jpg
    Oh my! Did you report that over on HQ bugs? They really need to fix that, it looks like something I might have made :D
  • Options
    QueenBoadiccaQueenBoadicca Posts: 3 New Member
    Does anyone have an issue with the swans' bodies not showing? Do I need to place in a deeper or shallower spot? or have no other items within their grid?? Also the turtles don't show on the logs!
  • Options
    QueenBoadiccaQueenBoadicca Posts: 3 New Member
    > @QueenBoadicca said:
    > Does anyone have an issue with the swans' bodies not showing? Do I need to place in a deeper or shallower spot? or have no other items within their grid?? Also the turtles don't show on the logs!

Forgot to mention, I can see splashes from the turtles and the feet underwater for the swans...but that's it!
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    > @QueenBoadicca said:
    > Does anyone have an issue with the swans' bodies not showing? Do I need to place in a deeper or shallower spot? or have no other items within their grid?? Also the turtles don't show on the logs!

Forgot to mention, I can see splashes from the turtles and the feet underwater for the swans...but that's it!

Either earlier in this thread, or in another thread, someone said that the pond critters not being visible is due to the pond being too small. So, you might try making the pond bigger and see if that helps.
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    Does anyone have an issue with the swans' bodies not showing? Do I need to place in a deeper or shallower spot? or have no other items within their grid?? Also the turtles don't show on the logs!

For me it's caused by my graphic settings. When I switch from middle to high settings the swans and turtles are visible. Only the mallard is visible for me with middle graphic settings.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top